Trying, waiting, hoping

How frustrating. I hope that you get some answers soon

Fingers crossed for you! Hopefully the doc gives you a positive blood test or can help with your irregualr cycles! Keep us updated! :friends:

Hopefully the test results should be back on Monday. Because there was a few things the doctor was testing for I wasn't expecting the results back today, but I just don't like waiting!

Today there was a little more of that snot-like mucus, but only on the toilet paper. It's day 46, and whilst I've had cycles this long before, and also a little longer, none of them have had the symptoms I've had during this cycle, however home pregnancy tests are still saying negative which is incredibly frustrating! One of D's sisters told me that her pregnancy tests came back negative even though she had had that pregnancy confirmed via a blood test. Apparently the hormone level can be too high for the test, which I don't really understand! I do know if it's too low they don't always work. My sister actually told me her levels were so high when her blood test confirmed her pregnancy that her doctor thought she was having twins (she didn't!) and she told me that because the pregnancy test was negative she thought something was wrong - she originally had a (faint) positive test, went to the doctor to have the pregnancy confirmed (where she lives a doctor has to refer you to the midwife, whereas where I live it can be done by the mother OR the doctor!) and the test the doctor gave her was negative, which is why her doctor gave her a blood test. So I'm a little hopeful. On the other hand, D is less hopeful. He keeps saying we're out this month, and wants me to start doing the ovulation tests again. But how can I when I haven't had my period yet, or any sign of it coming anytime soon?

Unfortunately I'm not pregnant :(

The other tests are only half back so until they're back the doctor can't give advice on my irregular cycles. My period still hasn't arrived (it's now cycle day 50!) which is very frustrating!

All the blood tests are back. Apparently everything is normal!! Doctor doesn't seem to know why my cycles are so irregular. And there's still no sign of my period! ](*,)

I'm pretty certain that it's to do with early menopause, as my mum went through menopause very early. I'm younger than my mum was when she went through menopause, but not much younger. My doctor, however, seems to think that "there's absolutely no way" I'm going to go through menopause very early, if I'm not already at the beginning of it, and says I'm "far too young", even though he admitted I'm more likely to as my mother did! #-oMy doctor also said that because I started my period so late (I was 17!) that I can't possibly go through menopause yet. I'm not sure if that's actually true or not, and good old Google isn't being much help! The doctor said there was no reason we shouldn't be able to have a baby (D had fertility tests privately few years ago which were all fine), and said to come back if I'm not pregnant within a year. But we've been trying for EIGHT YEARS!!

My next step is to get some private tests done to find out if I could be going through early menopause right now, or if it might be something that will happen in the very near future. If I'm honest I don't trust the doctor at all. My last doctor was amazing but left recently, and as it's a very small surgery I can't just ask for another doctor, although I will be asking another doctor there for a second opinion ...

I'm so sorry that you didn't get any answers :(

I forgot to update to say that my period did finally arrive. It was a 70something day cycle! Kind of lost count after a while!

After I finally got my period we just kept trying. Had another period since so didn't get pregnant. D reminded me the last time I had a period that was more than 60 days long, the next few were pretty normal and even short cycles - for me anyway! We're waiting a little now, to see if my cycles decide to get a little more normal - I've only had 1 period since the one I finally got after the 70something days. D is a little concerned about the events going on at the moment and our surgery is actually closed, with the nearest open for general healthcare is quite a few miles away, so I think he's concerned I wouldn't get medical care if I do get pregnant. Bless him I love how concerned he is about me!

Since the last time I was on here I've had very short (for me) cycles - several 28 day cycles, a 29 day cycle and a 31 day cycle!!
Currently I'm on day 10 of this cycle and this morning got a flashing face on the ovulation test - high fertility!! Yesterday was a blank circle meaning low. Whilst I'm very excited (especially as it's date night!) I'm not getting my hopes up too much. We've been disappointed many times before. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Going to keep doing the ovulation tests as I'd like to see when I get the "peak" and try to guess roughly when I might ovulate, mainly as my doctor has asked me to document this and so far I've had no clue!
For date night I have something super special planned for D after whatever activity we do - his turn to choose. Yesterday he went out to buy ingredients for a special dinner and I've been banned from the kitchen in order to not spoil the surprise which is both cute and concerning! Still, breakfast in bed sounds good to me and it's not even my birthday!!
Will keep you updated but looks like it's going to be a busy few days ;)

Following!!
Enjoy your date night!! :)

Well date night - or more like weekend - was wonderful as usual. D made a wonderful broccoli and potato soup with homemade bread for a starter, ratatouille for the main and an apple crumble for pudding that we ended up saving for Sunday! Afterwards we went for a beautiful stroll through the park and once we got home D told me the activity he'd planned for date night was a movie night. Unfortunately the local cinema was closed so we had an at home cinema experience (which in my opinion was better than the real thing!). D had made little tickets and a movie listing complete with a brief summary of each movie that was "showing" to choose from - although some of the summaries were ... interesting. For Peter Rabbit he'd written "an unrealistic talking rabbit who wears a blue jacket causes trouble for a human that can somehow hear him talk"! =D> There was a little table with a selection of sweets, popcorn and drinks, along with some play money, borrowed from one of our nephews, to "buy" the snacks with! We watched two movies - Peter Rabbit and A Dog's Purpose, both of which I cried hysterically throughout :oops:.
Sunday was spent with a lie in, a picnic in the garden and a late night drive to just sit under the stars, which was something we used to as teenagers!

One thing I wanted to ask about though, is I noticed during the weekend I had a lot of cervical mucas, and today practically nothing. Now, some of it may have been from all the adult activities that we also did over the weekend ;) but as I'm only on cycle day 12 I can't imagine I'd have ovulated yet?? My ovulation tests are still saying high and I've not seen the peak days on there yet - which I'd expect. Although I've never actually seen a peak day on the tests! Even if this is another short (for me) cycle of 28 or 29 days then I imagine ovulation wouldn't happen for another couple of days. I'm wondering if it might just be caused by the very hot weather or if it's possible I ovulated very early??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->