• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Trying, waiting, hoping

It sounds like you had an absolutely lovely time for your date weekend. Your husband seems like the sweetest. As for ovulation, it could be that you're starting early or it could be your body trying to get it going. I hope you get a positive opk soon.

Thank you! It really was lovely. D and I aren't married but he really is such a sweetheart.
Your little one in your profile picture is utterly gorgeous!
Hopefully ovulation happens soon. Today I've had a couple of strange not pains exactly, actually I'm not sure how to describe it! Twinges maybe? But it's only been in my left side so wondering if this might be ovulation starting. I hope so but I honestly have no idea!

It sounds like you had an absolutely lovely time for your date weekend. Your husband seems like the sweetest. As for ovulation, it could be that you're starting early or it could be your body trying to get it going. I hope you get a positive opk soon.

thank you love :cloud9:

It definitely does sound like ovulation could be starting. I would test in the morning and at night. That way you don't miss it!

:dust:

The ovulation test this morning still has the "high fertility" flashing face on it. I've never actually seen the static "peak" face and the past few months I've had those shorter cycles I'm assuming I ovulated as I had periods :confused:

So I tested this evening as well as this morning. Still have "high" flashing face BUT I also tried a basic ovulation test and the line was lighter than yesterday. As it's only day 13 of this cycle I can't imagine I'd have ovulated yet?? I hope this isn't going to be another really long cycle, but if it is I have no idea why I'd have the flashing high face now? Although I'm pretty sure in that 70 something cycle I had that I had the high flashing face this early in the cycle. I'm so confused! Going to keep testing and D and I will keep trying but now I'm really not hopeful.

Edit - I just checked and the 70 something day cycle I got the high flashing face from day 15 and gave up testing after 10 days without a peak
thank you love :cloud9:

It definitely does sound like ovulation could be starting. I would test in the morning and at night. That way you don't miss it!

:dust:

Last edited:
Are the digi opk reusable or no? Never used them before.

It has a thing that you put the sticks into. That bit is reusable :)

This morning the test still has the flashing "high" face, however when I took the test stick out of the tester, I noticed the lines were lighter than they were a few days ago. So I don't know whether to stop testing for this cycle and just wait to see what happens or whether to keep testing.
I have read online that some people are finding they never get the peak face so maybe there's an issue there. But not getting my hopes up too much yet

I'm coming to the conclusion that the Clearblue monitor is either wrong or for some reason it just doesn't show me peaks because today it's still got the flashing high face, which I've had since Saturday, but when I do other ovulation tests they are negative and the lines are so much lighter today than they were before. I'm assuming this means I must have ovulated very early - or I have no clue what I'm doing!
One of D's sisters asked why I don't chart my temperature and I explained I didn't understand it so she walked me through it last night. We're going to look into getting a thermometer today but I'm not sure which to get?? D thinks it'll be good to do this on top of using ovulation tests but I'm worried this will be more work or cause added stress if I forget one day! Does it have to be done at the same time each day?

How confusing. I hope that you get some answers soon :hugs:

Thank you!
If I'm being honest I've almost given up. This whole journey is exhausting! I don't want to let D down though. I know he always tells me he doesn't mind how, or even if, we have a family, but I still feel like I'm letting him down. I don't know how much more of this either of us can take, or if it's even fair to put us both through this each month. I also know his mother is very firmly against adoption, which is something D and I have considered, and I don't want him to fall out with his family members because of me ...

I'm so sorry you're feeling like this. That's sad his mum is so against adoption like that :(

She says an adopted child wouldn't be D's child - which is wrong as they would be our child, just not biologically. His mum seems to think biology and genetics are more important than a child who needs a family to love them.

I'm almost certain that she blames me for us not having children yet. She doesn't know it's been eight - almost nine - years that we've been trying to have a baby. D is one of eight children, and all of his siblings have children. I just have one sister, who also has children, and so his mum says as all her other children have "given her grandchildren" and as my sister has several children, that there "must be something wrong" with me! I overheard an argument between D and his mother a few years ago where she kept trying to persuade him to leave me and "find someone who can produce children". I've never seen D so angry! D and I have discussed adoption at length but if it means him losing his mother, or any part of his family, I'd rather not have any children at all! D doesn't deserve that! We don't see his mother much anymore, which is mostly D's choice, but I know that her opinion is still important to him. Adoption is a decision that the whole family needs to be fully on board with, and unless everyone gives us their blessing I just can't go down that route. The fallout would be horrible, and it wouldn't be good for any children we brought into our home. Before the pandemic, D and I had actually spoken to our local Social Services department about the adoption process, so in a way I'm glad the pandemic happened so that we were able to postpone that idea for the time being. I think D is hoping his mother will come around to the idea. It's something we'd talked about before, even if we had biological children.

Sorry to rant, feeling a little sorry for myself today!

That's such a horrible attitude that she's got towards you and adoption. I hope that she will come round once she sees how important a part of your family the child is <3

Thank you :)
Thankfully D's siblings and father are more open to the idea of adoption, although I think his father is worried about an adopted child being left out or treated differently by their cousins. I know my mother is completely on board with the idea - her sister was adopted, and her mother was too! My father's only concern is that if we didn't know the child's full background that there might be some problems, but otherwise he's on board. He told me "biological, adopted or alien I'll love 'em just the same" ❤ We have no plans to contact any aliens, much to our nephew's disappointment! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"