TTC #1 and over 30

Right ladies...I am here to tell you that this is indeed a lucky thread! I got my :bfp: on Monday!!!!:happydance:
Sorry I have been so quiet lately, but after finding out that I wasn't immune to measles...I kinda haven't been thinking about TTC as I knew I'd have to have my vaccine and then wait a month anyway. Then DH and I went away for the weekend to a farm in the middle of nowhere and when by Sunday still no AF (was due Fri) I started to wonder...but now I was stuck in the sticks with not a useful stick to pee on :haha: so eventually on Monday afternoon we got back to civilisation and I quickly dropped my DH and puppy at home and rushed off to the shops to buy a test...rushed home to test and TADAAAAA!!!:thumbup:
Quickly phoned the Doc and rushed (lots of rushing happening) over there to quickly give a blood sample to be able to get the results back the same day. Results came back that evening at about 6 positive...HCG 323. Sooo happy!!!
This was our 13th cycle trying...so couldn't actually believe it!!!!
Now for the bummer part...woke up Tuesday at about 1:30am vomiting and upset stomach...was seriously stressed that this was morning sickness! This carried on until about 7am, so went to the Doc and she said it's gastro!!!! So spent the next 2 days in bed sick! Poor bub!!!! But today I am healthy again and feel great!
What we did different this month....
Felt major ov cramps one day before fertile time so bought a box of opk's and went home to test...blaring positive...I was rushing out to dinner with the girls but DH insisted we had a quickie (I was running late...so it was a serious quickie...my boots were still on :haha: TMI sorry!!!) Didn't even lie down for 2 seconds after, jumped up and practically ran out the door.
The next night, had the best sex we have EVER had!!!! So good that my DH woke up the next morning washed all the dishes, cleaned the kitchen and brought me breakfast in bed!!!!! :blush: And that was all the sex we had over fertile time!!!!
Didn't take any pre-natal vits (have been taking them for a year and a half, usually dont take them while AF is here to save them and I just never started them up again when AF finished)
I drank lots of coffee
I drank wine on quite a few occasions
I had a very sore throat so had been using a throat spray 3 times a day
Other than that...nothing different!
Infact...I feel like a total cliche...as this month we really didn't try like we have previous months...just relaxed and the rest is history! :thumbup:

Symptoms:
Sore throat from ovulation time until just before AF was due
Constipation once a few days before AF was due
NOW...nothing! Slightly sore boobs...but only if I really prod at them!

Tomorrow I am going for another blood test to check that everything is progressing as it should. Hoping all is fine :baby:

This is a lucky thread and we will all be in the Pregnant and over 30 thread soon...I just know it!
Good Luck to all of you on getting your :bfp:
Sending loads of :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust: your way!

Right ladies...I am here to tell you that this is indeed a lucky thread! I got my :bfp: on Monday!!!!:happydance:
Sorry I have been so quiet lately, but after finding out that I wasn't immune to measles...I kinda haven't been thinking about TTC as I knew I'd have to have my vaccine and then wait a month anyway. Then DH and I went away for the weekend to a farm in the middle of nowhere and when by Sunday still no AF (was due Fri) I started to wonder...but now I was stuck in the sticks with not a useful stick to pee on :haha: so eventually on Monday afternoon we got back to civilisation and I quickly dropped my DH and puppy at home and rushed off to the shops to buy a test...rushed home to test and TADAAAAA!!!:thumbup:
Quickly phoned the Doc and rushed (lots of rushing happening) over there to quickly give a blood sample to be able to get the results back the same day. Results came back that evening at about 6 positive...HCG 323. Sooo happy!!!
This was our 13th cycle trying...so couldn't actually believe it!!!!
Now for the bummer part...woke up Tuesday at about 1:30am vomiting and upset stomach...was seriously stressed that this was morning sickness! This carried on until about 7am, so went to the Doc and she said it's gastro!!!! So spent the next 2 days in bed sick! Poor bub!!!! But today I am healthy again and feel great!
What we did different this month....
Felt major ov cramps one day before fertile time so bought a box of opk's and went home to test...blaring positive...I was rushing out to dinner with the girls but DH insisted we had a quickie (I was running late...so it was a serious quickie...my boots were still on :haha: TMI sorry!!!) Didn't even lie down for 2 seconds after, jumped up and practically ran out the door.
The next night, had the best sex we have EVER had!!!! So good that my DH woke up the next morning washed all the dishes, cleaned the kitchen and brought me breakfast in bed!!!!! :blush: And that was all the sex we had over fertile time!!!!
Didn't take any pre-natal vits (have been taking them for a year and a half, usually dont take them while AF is here to save them and I just never started them up again when AF finished)
I drank lots of coffee
I drank wine on quite a few occasions
I had a very sore throat so had been using a throat spray 3 times a day
Other than that...nothing different!
Infact...I feel like a total cliche...as this month we really didn't try like we have previous months...just relaxed and the rest is history! :thumbup:

Symptoms:
Sore throat from ovulation time until just before AF was due
Constipation once a few days before AF was due
NOW...nothing! Slightly sore boobs...but only if I really prod at them!

Tomorrow I am going for another blood test to check that everything is progressing as it should. Hoping all is fine :baby:

This is a lucky thread and we will all be in the Pregnant and over 30 thread soon...I just know it!
Good Luck to all of you on getting your :bfp:
Sending loads of :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust: your way!

Congrats Babysa !!!!!!!!! So happy for you! I loved reading your post it made me smile!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Babysa that's wonderful!!!! Congratulations!!!

Any testing updates breezy and others?:shrug:

Newbie - yay for pos opk! We have been traveling like crazy and my sleep schedule is off plus I have a tummy thing going on right now (i feel prettu sick) so I have no idea where I am in my cycle and i havent been up for dtd since sunday. I either o'ed earlier this week, in which case our bd timing was good, or I'm gearing up to o any day, in which case we have time for more dtd this weekend. I'm not sure-we are pretty off schedule so I'm thinking this probably won't be our month but we shall see. My opk today had some color but definitely not a full positive but that doesn't really tell me much since I haven't been taking them regularly. My cm does seem to have died down and my boobs are heavier so that's why i suspect o may already have occured. Just gotta get that thermometer in my mouth at 6am! I am a terrible smep participant this month...As for you-Have fun and fx'ed!

Ladies, wishing each and every one of us so much :dust:

Lucky thread indeed!! :happydance:

How long is your LP Breezy? If tomorrow is 12DPO but AF doesn't come until Monday it seems like 16 days if my math is right? Or 15? :wacko: Can't wait until you test! Hold out as long as you can!! :hugs: FX!!!!

Get well soon Zeez!! :hugs:

FX everyone and dust!
:dust:

Yes your math is correct 16 day lp. I really don't have any symptoms besides some minor cramping, my stomach is upset all the time and I'm hungry all of the time but that's normal for me (except for the upset stomach). My bbs or nips don't hurt which makes me nervous. I may stop and pick up a test for tomorrow morning on our way home tonight. I hate that :bfn: but I'm tired of waiting this time more other so than previous months. :wacko:

How are you feeling?

So did you test? I'm good...on our way to first u/s so FX!!! For both of us :hugs:

PS: opk this morning finally starting to show some color!! Woohoo...hoping it turns full positive in the next day or so :)

PS: opk this morning finally starting to show some color!! Woohoo...hoping it turns full positive in the next day or so :)

Woohoo! Get to BDing!!!

LOL...O alert DH...:haha:

Edited for update: so very nearly positive now!!! Yeehaa, faith in opks has been restored!!!

Time for lots of :dust: :dust:

I think it's time for lots of :sex: :sex: :sex: is the more correct statement! Get to it :flower:

Congrats Babysa. Happy and Healthy Nine months to you !!!!

I am starting my fertile time on Sunday. I told dh I want to :sex: every other day starting tonight until I'm due for AF. I am hopeful this could be our month. I have been taking geritol and dh has been wearing looser boxer briefs. I have also been enjoying the time to have a few drinks. Fingers crossed. We go to the high risk doctor on July 16th! I'd like to be pregnant by then. But, won't know until the following week. At that point I prob won't even have implanted.

Babysa Awesome!!! Congrats! :happydance: Wishing you a very happy & healthy 9 months!

And, wishing the rest of you ladies happy :sex:ing and testing! Sending lots of :dust: for our thread!

:hug:

Only 11 dpo here. Can't test until at least tomorrow morning. :) Woke up this morning feeling o like pains on my right side. Cautiously hopeful. :)

Hey ladies.
7 days late, no sign of AF is possible I ovulated later than I thought but we will see. Had BFN Monday not testing again yet. Was convinced AF was coming today but nothing.

Congrates Baby SA !! H&H 9 months too you.

Sorry about the BFN loukachu - hope it turns into a BFP soon.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone - sure I'll be better soon. Just annoyed that I can't take anything effective in the 2ww just in case.

Only 11 dpo here. Can't test until at least tomorrow morning. :) Woke up this morning feeling o like pains on my right side. Cautiously hopeful. :)
I've been having the same thing on and off for a few days, hope it's a good sign! :)

Congrats babysa! So lovely!
Fx'ed for more bfp's xx

Congrats Babysa

Baking and Luna it's killing me too!

Chezek How was the u/s? How exciting!

I did test but I'm not super happy with the results. It was a super faint faint bfp, not sure if my mind was playing on tricks on me or the fact I woke up 3x's last night to pee. So I will be waiting until Monday to test again if af doesn't get me first.

Congrats Babysa

Baking and Luna it's killing me too!

Chezek How was the u/s? How exciting!

I did test but I'm not super happy with the results. It was a super faint faint bfp, not sure if my mind was playing on tricks on me or the fact I woke up 3x's last night to pee. So I will be waiting until Monday to test again if af doesn't get me first.

What?!?! Was the line pink? Send us a pic! Ahhh! I hope this is it!

Keeping everything crossed for you ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->