TTC #1 and over 30

Gypsy that happened to me last month too, don't worry about it so much. I discovered that stressing was affecting my sleep which was messing with my temps which was making me stress more!

Hang in there newbie!

Thanks Luna

Its tough around this time isnt it?!!? Dont want to allow myself to get excited thinking 'could this be it' but dont really want to give in to thoughts of 'gotta be the witch' either!

I just had a glass of grapefruit juice (started drinking it every day to increase CM and ended up really enjoying it so have it all month long) and it tasted revolting. Almost spat it out! Maybe it was the juice...

lol....oh the joys of TTC...

Hi ladies-

The High Risk appt went well yesterday. The doctor does not think I should have any problems with getting or staying pregnant. I will have to have a c section and do daily injections of blood thinners once they hear a heartbeat. He also wants me to lose a min of 20-25 lbs. DH finally seems supportive of me trying to get healthy. He even went grocery shopping right after the appointment to get me salad, fruit and veggies. Looks like I'll be working out 5 days a week and eating lots of veggies and fruit. I figure doing that I'll be down in no time.

He also gave me a copy of conceive magazine. I don't know if any of you get it, But, it is a very good magazine. One article in it talks about how getting jealous of others who are pregnant is perfectly normal. i am considering getting a subscription to it.

Lily- I will be getting the book you recommended for my kindle today. How long did it take you to lose on it?

I hope you are all doing well :) I'm looking forward to seeing some bfp's this month!

Newbie - looking good girl. Looking good! :hugs: And you're doing so well staying calm and levelheaded. Good for you!!!!

Luna - well sounds like you got some good feedback even though you didn't get an answers to your 'lack of luck'. I'm glad you feel better! I find a plan always makes me feel better… :hugs:

Baking - how did your appt go? Get any good tips?

Clarkey - stay away from POAS until 12DPO chica!!!! I mean it! :nope: Good luck at your doc appt :thumbup:

gypsy - FF needs 3 solid temps above your coverline to 'solidify' your crosshairs so you're in a good place. She won't take them away now! Just sit back and try to relax :hugs:

nikkih - I'm glad you got the green flag on conceiving! :hugs: AND I'm glad DH is on board with helping you get healthier. It's very important to have good support folks around. And we're definitely here for you too! Eating better and getting exercise will definitely make a BIG difference so best of luck and keep us posted on progress!

Where is Joey on this thread??? :flower:

AF came with a vengeance this afternoon. Feeling hideous. Slightly relieved that it arrived in a way as was starting to think something was wrong. Am on sofa in pjs with a duvet bleugh!

AF came with a vengeance this afternoon. Feeling hideous. Slightly relieved that it arrived in a way as was starting to think something was wrong. Am on sofa in pjs with a duvet bleugh!

Sorry the :witch: got ya. Good thing is you can be on to the next month! :hugs:

Here's to a fresh start Lou!!! :wine: Snuggle up and take care of yourself :hugs:

Just got back from my doctor's appt. She seemed very optimistic that it was just a timing issue. We have orders to babydance on days 10 - 20 every other day. She seems to think we stopped too early and that's our issue. She took a look at my chart and pointed out some things that she noticed that are probably our issue. At least, I'll hope that for now. :)
She sent DH a sa to do on any day after day 21 (since he's all mine for the previous days, as she put it!) and she wants to do hormone bloodwork on day 3 of my next cycle since I'm already on day 9 and had a wonky cycle last period and cycle last month. She didn't think doing it right now would be very good. She also wants day 21 progestrone blood work done on day 21 of the next cycle to make sure I ovulated. So this month we won't do much but follow her recommendations for the timing and see what happens.

She also said that if I use opk's to use them but do not deviate from the schedule she made for us.

I have some hope that this will help! She didn't really give me much of any tips just focused on the timing and what to do next if it didn't work. There is a plan in place and that makes me feel better. :)

Here's to a fresh start Lou!!! :wine: Snuggle up and take care of yourself :hugs:

Thank you! A few days of the witch and then back to trying. Hope all you ladies are ok xxx

Just got back from my doctor's appt. She seemed very optimistic that it was just a timing issue. We have orders to babydance on days 10 - 20 every other day. She seems to think we stopped too early and that's our issue. She took a look at my chart and pointed out some things that she noticed that are probably our issue. At least, I'll hope that for now. :)
She sent DH a sa to do on any day after day 21 (since he's all mine for the previous days, as she put it!) and she wants to do hormone bloodwork on day 3 of my next cycle since I'm already on day 9 and had a wonky cycle last period and cycle last month. She didn't think doing it right now would be very good. She also wants day 21 progestrone blood work done on day 21 of the next cycle to make sure I ovulated. So this month we won't do much but follow her recommendations for the timing and see what happens.

She also said that if I use opk's to use them but do not deviate from the schedule she made for us.

I have some hope that this will help! She didn't really give me much of any tips just focused on the timing and what to do next if it didn't work. There is a plan in place and that makes me feel better. :)

I'm so glad she is taking steps for you. That's exactly what we started out with! It's nice to not worry so much about tempting and opk's knowing your blood work will give you the answers. :flower:

Newbie - looking good girl. Looking good! :hugs: And you're doing so well staying calm and levelheaded. Good for you!!!!

Luna - well sounds like you got some good feedback even though you didn't get an answers to your 'lack of luck'. I'm glad you feel better! I find a plan always makes me feel better… :hugs:

Clarkey - stay away from POAS until 12DPO chica!!!! I mean it! :nope: Good luck at your doc appt :thumbup:

gypsy - FF needs 3 solid temps above your coverline to 'solidify' your crosshairs so you're in a good place. She won't take them away now! Just sit back and try to relax :hugs:

nikkih - I'm glad you got the green flag on conceiving! :hugs: AND I'm glad DH is on board with helping you get healthier. It's very important to have good support folks around. And we're definitely here for you too! Eating better and getting exercise will definitely make a BIG difference so best of luck and keep us posted on progress!

Hi!! I am here! Sorry have been posting across two threads so I get a bit confused where I am up to!!!! But got my BFP this morning!!!! I am so happy!!! Thanks to everyone for all their support on this thread and Goodluck to you all!! Looking forward to seeing everyone on the expecting and over 30 thread!! xx

That makes me feel much better. It also makes me feel better that my temps stayed high this morning. I am just happy as can be that I actually ovulated. I figured with my wacky cycles that I wasn't. It was probably because I was just temping this time to get a feel for my cycle and wasn't worrying about it. This is my first cycle temping so I wasn't sure what to expect but I am happy!

Congrats Joey!!!!! H&H 9 months to you!

Baking - yay, that's great news. I'm glad it's just a timing issue! That can EASILY be fixed with extra BDing :hugs: Your :sex: marathon begins in 3 days! Go baking go! :thumbup:

gypsy - the first cycle I temped I was over the moon to know I was ovulating as well. It's such a good feeling to "know" :hugs: I hope you caught that eggy!!! FX

YAY! There's Joey with the news! SO happy for you :hugs: Congrats again!

Baking - yay, that's great news. I'm glad it's just a timing issue! That can EASILY be fixed with extra BDing :hugs: Your :sex: marathon begins in 3 days! Go baking go! :thumbup:

gypsy - the first cycle I temped I was over the moon to know I was ovulating as well. It's such a good feeling to "know" :hugs: I hope you caught that eggy!!! FX

YAY! There's Joey with the news! SO happy for you :hugs: Congrats again!

Thanks, MrsChezek! My ticker is off, today is day 9 so the marathon begins tomorrow! ;) She seemed so convinced that it was just a timing issue so I have a lot of hope. But there is a plan in place if we need to which is nice to know as well. :)

Woohoo congrats joey!

:hugs: Lou, onto a fresh cycle :)

Baking that's exciting that your Dr thinks everything is ok and that you get to have bloodwork done :)
I'm wondering if I should have pushed more for some testing now...oh well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"