TTC #1 and over 30

Hey all!! im still staying strong and NOT POAS!! Dr appt went well...going to start clomid next cycle and possibly an IUI. Just not feeling pregnant this month..but hopefully next month will be it!!

Congrats Joey!! H&H 9 months!

Nikki- Im glad everything went well at your Dr appt. Good luck withlosing weight and exercising. im glad hubby is supportive. When do yo think you will start trying again?? :hugs:

We are talking about starting to try again end of sept beginning of October .

That'll be here in no time! (or so I hope cause hopefully this damn nausea will ease up by then). AND you will get to start fresh with a healthier body. All good news :hugs:

Its great seeing so many BFPs on here! Gives me lots of confidence that this is a lucky thread!

Any chance you lovely ladies could help me? I'm 7dpo (I think, I don't temp but get O pains) and for the last couple of days have had LOTS of creamy white CM (tmi, sorry) and my cervix has been low, firm and closed since O. I've just checked my CP and it is a little higher today and slightly softer than yesterday. Is it supposed to stay low and firm right up until AF?

I'm really trying so so hard not to get my hopes up, but with this cp, cm, slightly tender bbs and twinges and cramps AF style but more like O pains it's really hard.

I could use some advice and thanks for reading.

xx

PS so happy for you guys that have had your bfp this month!xx

poppy - I don't know anything about CP but I've had lots and lots of creamy CM over the last 4 weeks so that's a good sign in my book!!!! But do try to stay level-headed as it's all different for different people. I'm cautiously optimistic for you!!!! FX and
:dust:

poppy - I don't know anything about CP but I've had lots and lots of creamy CM over the last 4 weeks so that's a good sign in my book!!!! But do try to stay level-headed as it's all different for different people. I'm cautiously optimistic for you!!!! FX and

I am the same as Chezek, had lots of creamy CM since 6dpo. So much infact I had to wear a liner everyday but don't know much about CP. Wish I could help! GL and :dust:

Same. Now the CM is going crazy. Sorry for the TMI.

Sending lots of :dust: for all of you ladies!

Nikki - Sept/Oct really will be here in no time. Glad you had a good doc appt and that is great he/she gave you some concrete things to do/think about.

Baking - glad you had a great appt too. Sounds like a good plan! Almost similar to SMEP, which worked for us.

Lou - Sorry AF is being a big :witch:

I managed to unsubscribe to this thread again! :dohh:

Talked to hubby about my appt, he thinks I'm overreacting and that we will get there soon, he's so good at keeping my crazy under control <3

We'll just keep at it and see what happens by October and then deal with it then if needed (hopefully not!)

Thanks Chezek Breezy & MD. All you ladies are so lovely. I'm really hoping its our month but am realistic as its our first proper attempt this cycle.
Here's hoping the next 5 days go quickly!!x
:dust:xx

I was waiting for a couple of reasons. We were looking at houses to buy and in the meantime were sharing a 3-BR apartment with two other roommates. There wasn't exactly room for a nursery! Although sure we could have moved out sooner if we'd been ready, but we weren't. Secondly, personal reasons having to do with my marriage and husband's health- it just wasn't a good time, as much as I wanted to be a mom earlier. We had to take care of ourselves first before we were ready to expand our family.

Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind if I join you? I'm 31 (and a little more than halfway to 32 now) and my husband and I are trying for our first. He is 25 (yes, I'm a cougar!), but a very wonderful, mature, family-oriented 25 and we are both looking forward to starting this journey together. I'm hoping the youth of his spermies works in our favor! We got married last September and just took our last much-anticipated trip together before TTC this past month. We were in India (we both used to live there and it's where we first met and started dating!) and we always knew we would start TTC after we got back. And then ironically, my pill packet for April ran out on Saturday, which was the day we left to come home. I'm now awaiting my withdrawal bleed and started temping this morning so I could catch my temp the first day I start.

It seems so weird to finally be starting to TTC, especially since many of my friends already have babies and small children. I've been somewhat fortunate in the sense that I'm not unusual in waiting until my 30s in my group of friends (most were very career oriented or finishing up graduate degrees, so we all are kinda a little 30-something cohort now). But still many of them are pregnant now or just had their first, so I feel a little bit like I'm playing catch up but not by too much. They've also given me hope that having your first in your 30s is totally great and that it has been worth the wait (and also the hope that I really will be a competent parent after so many years of having no real responsibilities other than to myself!).

I don't know yet when AF will arrive or if my cycles will even adjust back to 28-30 days like they were a few years ago when I was off the pill, but I'm anticipating I'll be waiting to test sometime around the 3rd/4th week of May. I'm pretty adamant that I'm not going to allow myself to test until I'm a couple days late, especially in the beginning when I don't know what my cycles are like yet. I'm terrified of how I would feel if I had a chemical and I'm just downright cheap, but we'll see how that goes. Glad to meet you all!

Just wondering what everyone's reasons were for waiting? I only met my now husband when I was 27. I'm American and he is British, though we were living in the same place for the first year of our relationship, eventually we both had to go back home. So this meant things were long distance for another couple years until I could move to the UK and we could get married. It was important to be married first just in general, but also for the security of knowing it meant if I was pregnant, we could be in the same country without having to worry about one of us needing to leave. Plus, there were a few things we wanted to do this past year just to enjoy our time together before thinking about babies. But now we are ready!

Karen

Newbie - well your temps look good! Sorry you're feeling AFy but hopefully the witch will stay away and those are just your early pregnancy symptoms! I hope you get to test this morning!! FX for you!!!!

gypsy - 7DPO can def be implantation dip! How come your temps aren't solid? Are you temping at the same time each day? That probably explains the dotted crosshairs - you only have one solid temp on 1DPO.

Clarkey - very proud of you for not testing!!! When do you plan to POAS?

Breezy - I still smile when I see your name and your pregnant ticker! I'm so happy that after ALL THAT you went through, you finally have your bean :hugs:

Thanks Mrs Chezek :hugs:

Well no sign of spotting or AF this morning... but still really crampy and witch like lol.

I refrained from testing this morning because i just didnt really feel like seeing a BFN just in case! 12 dpo today..if she doesnt arrive by tomorrow morning I may POAS...maybe...

Time will tell!!

I hope you all have a great day ladies

:dust: :dust:

I managed to unsubscribe to this thread again! :dohh:

Talked to hubby about my appt, he thinks I'm overreacting and that we will get there soon, he's so good at keeping my crazy under control <3

We'll just keep at it and see what happens by October and then deal with it then if needed (hopefully not!)

I'm glad hubby talked you down! Mine does that for me as well. Sometimes they know what to say, ha!! :)

Same. Now the CM is going crazy. Sorry for the TMI.

Sending lots of :dust: for all of you ladies!

Nikki - Sept/Oct really will be here in no time. Glad you had a good doc appt and that is great he/she gave you some concrete things to do/think about.

Baking - glad you had a great appt too. Sounds like a good plan! Almost similar to SMEP, which worked for us.

Lou - Sorry AF is being a big :witch:

It is not fun but am glad in a way that I have started a new cycle. Also start my summer hols on Friday too so can relax and concentrate on this month!

Poppy I wanted to mention that cp is really different for everyone. Personally mine is only ever low during af, otherwise it is medium/high my entire cycle. Also last month it went low and soft the night before af was due then went back to being high and firm the next morning, ended up being 4 days late....weird...anyways good luck!

Also good luck newbie your temps look so good! :thumbup:

Yay Newbie! Great news. Hope she continues to stay away :hugs:
FX and dust!

Lou - relaxation can do wonders! Many people conceive when on vaca so do take advantage of the holidays :winkwink:

I love the positive attitude on this thread. No matter what hits us, we all brush ourselves off and pick back up. I know that I couldn't get through some days without you all.
It will happen for all of you! I know it will :hugs: And I can't wait to be here to see all the :bfp:s roll in!
:hug:

Now at 8dpo and have diarreha, nausea and dizziness through last night. Is this pure bad luck or do I add it to the symptoms I promised myself I wouldnt look for?!

Hi everyone,

sorry i'm been terrible at posting but have been lurking and checking in on you guys.

BFN again and still no AF at 18dpo so worried I didn't O this month.

Hi ladies,

The clocks slowly ticking away..lol...

Still no spotting, no af yet. Still very much believe I will be seeing her on schedule tomorrow, maybe my body just decided not to spot and give me warning of her impending arrival! Of course there is always still time tonight...

Even got dh into a little :sex: because I know sometimes that brings her out afterwards if she's lurking...but maybe she's not quite ready to rear her ugly face just yet!!!

Who's testing next? Clarkey, are you still refraining from poas?

I hope those are good signs for you poppy :hugs:

Zeez I hope you get some answers soon, preferably a late bfp!

I shall remain withe everything crossed :)

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Newbie - fx'ed that she stays away and you get your :bfp:!

Poppy - could be good - only a few more days until you test! Hope you start feeling better-but maybe not too much better if these are early pg signs! :hugs:

Zee-sorry you are in in limbo land-went through that last month and it's very very hard. Hang in there and maybe wait at least 3 days to retest. Just remember pregpilot took until 25 DPO to get her :bfp:

Luna and baking - hope you're both doing well and empowered by more information from your docs! And you too Nikki - glad you're popping in here even though you may not return to active ttc until October.

How are you doing, gypsy and clarky?

And so many thanks to mrschezek, rmsh, breezy and md for still hanging out here in the ttc threads! Hope each of you are feeling well and not too much nauseau/tiredness.

AFM just hanging out in the first half of the 2ww-working hard not to symptom spot or if I do, not to put much stock into it. I've never been this insatiably thirsty in my life-I'm so parched and so thirsty and that was my sister's biggest early sign with both her pregnancies but as I said-no symptom spotting allowed so I won't mention the rest of mine!!

Sorry if I missed anyone and welcome to anyone new or any lurkers waiting to join us and sending :dust: to all!

Newbie - fx'ed that she stays away and you get your :bfp:!

Poppy - could be good - only a few more days until you test! Hope you start feeling better-but maybe not too much better if these are early pg signs! :hugs:

Zee-sorry you are in in limbo land-went through that last month and it's very very hard. Hang in there and maybe wait at least 3 days to retest. Just remember pregpilot took until 25 DPO to get her :bfp:

Luna and baking - hope you're both doing well and empowered by more information from your docs! And you too Nikki - glad you're popping in here even though you may not return to active ttc until October.

How are you doing, gypsy and clarky?

And so many thanks to mrschezek, rmsh, breezy and md for still hanging out here in the ttc threads! Hope each of you are feeling well and not too much nauseau/tiredness.

AFM just hanging out in the first half of the 2ww-working hard not to symptom spot or if I do, not to put much stock into it. I've never been this insatiably thirsty in my life-I'm so parched and so thirsty and that was my sister's biggest early sign with both her pregnancies but as I said-no symptom spotting allowed so I won't mention the rest of mine!!

Sorry if I missed anyone and welcome to anyone new or any lurkers waiting to join us and sending :dust: to all!

I started having some wierd cramps yesterday, have sore bbs with super sensitive nipples (almost jumped out of my skin when OH touched them and then felt bad), and developed a mild headache yesterday. To be honest, as odd as this sounds being that I am 30 years old, I don't have enough experience with having an idea when :witch: is coming to know whether or not these symptoms are due to her. I have seen her maybe 25 to 30 times total since I started at age 12. After how devastated I was last time when she showed up I am not getting my hopes up with all the symptoms, although a :bfp: is in the back of my mind. We will see when I test on the 27th, which is the day after the day FF is telling me :witch: will get here.

Looking good TWWers! I know you're not symptom spotting but the lil hints mentioned sound so promising!!! :happydance: :hugs:

I have a feeling there's another BFP coming soon...

I feel much better today so I'm a bit nervous. Funny huh? I finally get what I want and now I'm all nervous about it!!! I just don't want to jinx it and get some terrible nausea any minute. It feels good to feel ok. I don't feel "normal" but it's just a mild queasy feeling which I can happily live with. So FX! I'd love a day of this...even had cereal with MILK this morning! Super exciting :yipee: Ah the little things in life...

Well, keep us posted testers!!! I'm wondering if Newbie will test this morning or wait it out a bit more... :coffee: Crossing everything for you girl! :hugs:

A bit of tmi but a tip that could help can't be that bad, right ladies? :)
The dr told me to take DHA vitamins alongside my prenatals and OMG the amt of cm I have is crazy!! I'm only on day 11 and I've have had more cm than I ever seen in previous cycles. Here is what the article I read said.

There seems to be a significant role played by DHA in regulating hormones to promote natural reproductive cycles in women. Studies have also indicated that omega 3 essential fats can actually extend your fertility cycle to increase your chances of getting pregnant.

In fact, it does not only women who are trying to conceive, but helps enhances regular menstrual cycles without the inconveniences and discomforts of pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS). Women who take this on a regular basis experience the following:

- decrease menstrual cramping

- increase in secretion of white cervical mucus

- less clots during menstruation

- less PMS symptoms before the period ensues

- clearer biphasic chart which means a significant temperature surge during ovulation for easier detection

There is a close link that ties this and ovulation together. If you want to naturally enhance fertility and increase your chances of pregnancy, make sure to include this into your daily intake. For best and safest results, take this supplements every day. It can provide a potent source of pure omega 3 fatty acid, specifically DHA. With fish oil, the baby of your dreams is just within arms' reach.

Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/5700050

I got the ones designed for prenatal and don't have that fisy odor to them. It can't hurt, right? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->