TTC #1 and over 30

I ordered my first lot of opks today...not sur if I'm nervous or excited?! Can't help thinking...What if I dont O/miss the surge/read them wrong??? I know finding out if/when I O will be useful but not sure if I'm giving myself too much to think about. I was relieved I could have a break from thinkingabout tt /disappointed it didnt happen this month/ excited i was onto the next cycle when AF arrived. It was 2days and I only spotted for 3 days before. Should I count these in this cycle or the last?

I'll be posting op pics when I can for advice but we're on hols with family from sat for a week so hoping I'll still be able to test.

Hope you're all well and are feeling positive this month.

Sorry for the long.post...xx

Hey Poppy,

Try not to get stressed about it! I found when i first started using OPK's that I found then quite easy to read.

When i start testing, around CD8 for me just to be safe, i often have no line at all, and then as i get closer and closer to O the line gets darker and darker - to the point where its clearly darker than the control line. I test twice a day too, to make sure i dont miss it. After my O it gets lighter again after a couple of days.

Feel free to post pics tho if you're not sure and we'll be here to help :)

:dust:

Poppy do you temp too? I have never had a positive opk even this cycle where I clearly o'ed. Personally I find them too stressful to use.

Poppy do you temp too? I have never had a positive opk even this cycle where I clearly o'ed. Personally I find them too stressful to use.

I agree with Luna. I was finding the opk's to be so stressful for myself and dh. I just temped this month and I felt so much better about everything. I wasn't stressed and hubby wasn't either and we could enjoy ourselves a lot more. Just my opinion though. :)

I'm not sure when I'll testing but I'm sure it'll be this weekend sometime, Friday at the absolute earliest. I feel VERY good about this month. Just sayin... ;)

Yeah i think cos we are all different some of us have longer LH surges that are easy to catch, and some of us probably only shorter ones which would mean you have to be poas every few hours to catch!

Bottom line, if you are temping too, you will def be able to know with the combination of tools when you o :)

Good luck!

I agree with Luna. I was finding the opk's to be so stressful for myself and dh. I just temped this month and I felt so much better about everything. I wasn't stressed and hubby wasn't either and we could enjoy ourselves a lot more. Just my opinion though. :)

I'm not sure when I'll testing but I'm sure it'll be this weekend sometime, Friday at the absolute earliest. I feel VERY good about this month. Just sayin... ;)
OOh exciting! I have 3 dollar store tests that I might use at 10 to 12 dpo just for fun...feeling really good about this cycle too :)

OOh exciting! I have 3 dollar store tests that I might use at 10 to 12 dpo just for fun...feeling really good about this cycle too :)

Naughty Luna...pre 12dpo testing!!! Dont let Mrs Chezek catch you :haha:

Ive got a really great feeling and you and baking this month tho, everything crossed for you!

:dust:

Baking and Luna - wow, your charts are looking AMAZING!! Holy spikes after dips, ladies. :thumbup:

Poppy - just post here if you get confused when using the opk's. The Ovulation Test pages are also helpful (they're with the pregnancy test pages). I used those for reference my first time using opk's and it helped me figure out when I got a true positive. They didn't really stress me out - I just used them in combination with temping to be sure about ovulation - like the other ladies here they got dark for me gradually until turning positive (test as dark as control line)

Newbie - hope you o soon, sweetie.

Gypsy - where/how are you??

AFM, I'm only on CD3 so :witch: is still hanging out with me. It's weird - I don't feel defeated or hopeless or anything, but if you asked me today, I'd say I'm not even sure I want to keep TTC. I'd love to have a child, but this whole waiting to o/waiting to test, rinse, repeat, repeat thing is totally bumming me out. I need to figure out a way not to let it do that - I didn't feel like that when NTNP and the first 2 months of actively TTC, but last month was rough and moving towards month #4 actively TTC I'm starting to feel pretty blase about the whole thing. This might just be period hormones or something, but right now I'm not really into the whole thing. I'm still SUPER excited to see all of you get your :bfp:, don't get me wrong, but I truly am feeling really ambivalent about my own - not upset, more like I just don't care that much. I think the 40+ day cycles are super emotionally draining - I'm finding I'm distant with my man as well. :shrug:

:dust: to everyone!

Baking and Luna - wow, your charts are looking AMAZING!! Holy spikes after dips, ladies. :thumbup:

Poppy - just post here if you get confused when using the opk's. The Ovulation Test pages are also helpful (they're with the pregnancy test pages). I used those for reference my first time using opk's and it helped me figure out when I got a true positive. They didn't really stress me out - I just used them in combination with temping to be sure about ovulation - like the other ladies here they got dark for me gradually until turning positive (test as dark as control line)

AFM, I'm only on CD3 so :witch: is still hanging out with me. It's weird - I don't feel defeated or hopeless or anything, but if you asked me today, I'd say I'm not even sure I want to keep TTC. I'd love to have a child, but this whole waiting to o/waiting to test, rinse, repeat, repeat thing is totally bumming me out. I need to figure out a way not to let it do that - I didn't feel like that when NTNP and the first 2 months of actively TTC, but last month was rough and moving towards month #4 actively TTC I'm starting to feel pretty blase about the whole thing. This might just be period hormones or something, but right now I'm not really into the whole thing. I'm still SUPER excited to see all of you get your :bfp:, don't get me wrong, but I truly am feeling really ambivalent about my own - not upset, more like I just don't care that much. I think the 40+ day cycles are super emotionally draining - I'm finding I'm distant with my man as well. :shrug:

Hi Lily :flower:

I totally understand how you are feeling (except for the long cycles part), but same time ttc and ntnp as well...

I get in the headspace of thinking, well, we've done everything we are supposed to do, if we do that again next month, surely we will get the same result! I find it hard to process that you can do 'all the right things' and still have it result in that damn :witch: i know there are people who have tried for much longer..its just the logical part of my brain doesnt understand how doing the same thing over and over can turn out a different result!

Maybe thats just me...but i am certainly not feeling any of the excitement this month that I had for the previous few...just all a bit meh!

I hope you are feeling better soon hun :hugs:

I am still here lurking. Ff cannot decide whether I o'd on the 13th or I am in my fertile period right now so I am just chilling my heels waiting to see what happens. I figure if I don't start my period in the next two weeks I will test again. I will not test before then because I don't want to see another stark white :bfn:. I am still here hoping to see some bfp's. These coming weeks and giving out boatloads of :dust: to everyone.

This cycle has stressed me out and toyed with my emotions and my patience so I am taking a step back at the moment to do some thinking.

Newbie and lily I completely hear how you're feeling, I went through a similar thing around the 3/4 month mark but it definitely for better and I'm now just as if not more excited about ttc than when we first started :hugs:

Also I decided yesterday that I'm done with the long buildup to testing, it just sets me up for disappointment so I will be one of those crazy early testers at least for a bit :haha:

Thanks Luna :)

Hoping i bounce back soon as its :sex: time and I gotta get in the mood quick!!!

:hugs:

Thanks guys, I guess I was one of those niaive enough to think 'do the dance and I'll fall first month'! So now doing something to check I'm o'ing I'm finding a bit scary. I dont temp, I'm not ready to go there yet.
Thanks for the advice though and I'm sure I'll be posting!!
GL to you all!! X

I feel ya, Lily. This month I felt that way too. We did everything the dr said to do but part of me felt really distant about ttc. I didn't really get too excited about ttc this month until some of my symptoms popped up that I have never had before that could be signs we were successful.

I can't say it get any easier the longer you try. We're on month 8 of actively trying after 2 months of ntnp, and on top of spending 4 months trying to convince hubby kids were okay. I'm just tired and want the next step to happen asap. And I realize that that is not a long time in the grand scheme of things but it's still emotionally draining.

I am super emotional lately even crying at the Olympics - stories and events. And my tiny temp dip this morning is kinda bummed me out a bit. :(

Thanks guys, I guess I was one of those niaive enough to think 'do the dance and I'll fall first month'! So now doing something to check I'm o'ing I'm finding a bit scary. I dont temp, I'm not ready to go there yet.
Thanks for the advice though and I'm sure I'll be posting!!
GL to you all!! X
Apparently I'm the "i've been there" person right now but I really have been there :hugs:
I hope the opks work for you :)

Hey all!! I havent been around for a bit. How is everyone doing? I had my CD10 bld work and ultrasound today. i have 2 follicles 1.2cm and 1.4cm. Took clomid CD3-7. Today is also our anniversary! Hope this is good luck. I will be going back to the Dr Thursday to see if my follicles are growing and when i will have my IUI, hopefully Friday! Wish me luck! :dust: to everyone!

Hi Ladies,

Its hump day...wooohooo....I hope everyone is having a great week.

Baking Hang in there hun! Hopefully your temp will spike back up nice and high again tomorrow!! I totally understand the frustration and impatience! We've finally got to the point where we're ready, so come on already bubbas!!!

Luna still looking good for you too hun! I dont blame you wanting to poas if you have a few cheapies there...the first month i was ttc i did that, and completely didnt expect to see a bfp on any of them, but just liked the fact that i could check anyway. Last month I didnt want to see a bfn by the time i got to 12 dpo so couldnt even bring myself to poas at all! Its so hard not to let it build up once you get to the later part of the tww...GL GL GL!!!

Welcome back Clarkey, we're almost on the same dpo again this month :)

Lily,Gypsy, Poppyand Zeez I hope you girls are hanging in there!!

AFM my opk's are starting to get darker again...Im not sure if the EPO actually delayed my O by a few days last month, ive read thats possible, but i think judging from how they look i'm probably a day or so off a positive now if they keep getting darker now!

Gosh I am hoping and praying that this is the month for ALL of us xxx

Sorry if I missed anyone! xx

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Hi Ladies,

Its hump day...wooohooo....I hope everyone is having a great week.

Baking Hang in there hun! Hopefully your temp will spike back up nice and high again tomorrow!! I totally understand the frustration and impatience! We've finally got to the point where we're ready, so come on already bubbas!!!

Luna still looking good for you too hun! I dont blame you wanting to poas if you have a few cheapies there...the first month i was ttc i did that, and completely didnt expect to see a bfp on any of them, but just liked the fact that i could check anyway. Last month I didnt want to see a bfn by the time i got to 12 dpo so couldnt even bring myself to poas at all! Its so hard not to let it build up once you get to the later part of the tww...GL GL GL!!!

Welcome back Clarkey, we're almost on the same dpo again this month :)

Lily,Gypsy, Poppyand Zeez I hope you girls are hanging in there!!

AFM my opk's are starting to get darker again...Im not sure if the EPO actually delayed my O by a few days last month, ive read thats possible, but i think judging from how they look i'm probably a day or so off a positive now if they keep getting darker now!

Gosh I am hoping and praying that this is the month for ALL of us xxx

Sorry if I missed anyone! xx

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Newbie I like seeing a picture of you! Good luck for ovulating soon, Hun.

my pack of opk's and hpt's just dropped through the letter box! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->