TTC #1 and over 30

Hi ladies,

I am a mother to two children, age 14 and 5. Yes, big gap I know. My husband and I didn't plan on having anymore kids but now have decided to try and have a third and final. I am feeling so much more anxious than I have ever felt about this because really, I am almost 32 and thinking I might have a problem this time around because of my age etc. I am an avid fitness buff and think I should scale down my workouts and kick my two cups of coffee a day habit. Any one else drink coffee and not have a problem with conceiving?

I had a positive OPK (first time ever using one) this past Saturday morning around 5:30 am and we have been in the bedroom ever since lol. I still feel ovulation symptoms though and it's over 48 hours after.

Anyway, I don't know what I am looking for here I just hope to get pregnant quickly!

Welcome NatalieK! It's great you've decided to try for another bundle of joy and having been pregnant before you know you can get pregnant so I'm sure it's just a matter of time! :) I'm sure we'll all be after your wisdom as I think most girls in here are ttc their first baby. As for your age try not to worry - 32 really isn't old in baby making terms, in fact my Mum had her 3rd at 33.

Welcome to the rollercoaster off ttc!
GL & :dust: xx

Hi Poppy,

Thanks so much for your response. I have no idea why I feel so anxious! My cycles have been a bit irregular since my son was born and I get spotting on and off a few days before my period and I have had two c-sections. It's funny, it's not something I had thought about and my husband came to me a month ago and said he thinks we should have another. My daughter is not his biological (mine from a previous relationship) and Ethan was a bit of a surprise. This time were planning so I am anxious/excited all at the same time!

Hi ladies,

I am a mother to two children, age 14 and 5. Yes, big gap I know. My husband and I didn't plan on having anymore kids but now have decided to try and have a third and final. I am feeling so much more anxious than I have ever felt about this because really, I am almost 32 and thinking I might have a problem this time around because of my age etc. I am an avid fitness buff and think I should scale down my workouts and kick my two cups of coffee a day habit. Any one else drink coffee and not have a problem with conceiving?

I had a positive OPK (first time ever using one) this past Saturday morning around 5:30 am and we have been in the bedroom ever since lol. I still feel ovulation symptoms though and it's over 48 hours after.

Anyway, I don't know what I am looking for here I just hope to get pregnant quickly!

Welcome NatalieK! It's great you've decided to try for another bundle of joy and having been pregnant before you know you can get pregnant so I'm sure it's just a matter of time! :) I'm sure we'll all be after your wisdom as I think most girls in here are ttc their first baby. As for your age try not to worry - 32 really isn't old in baby making terms, in fact my Mum had her 3rd at 33.

Welcome to the rollercoaster off ttc!
GL & :dust: xx

:hugs: Curly, ugh...I just hate AF's unwelcomed visits! I hope this next cycle is your lucky cycle!

Newbie, anytime I get a temp drop during the end of my tww I just know I'm out- so I get your frustration. But, I'm still holding out hope that it goes shooting back up tomorrow.

Pbl, I typically try to scale down my exercise during my tww as well- just to be on the safe side.

Lily, I hope that eggie is ready to come out soon!

AFM, I'm a little confused what is going on with my cycle this month, I got a positive opk then a temp rise the next day but then it went back down. It may be that the traveling messed up my clock- but I got back a week ago and think it should be back to normal by now.:shrug: just hope it wasn't a failed attempt of my body trying to O. Only time will tell!

Hugs curlyq, fingers crossed for this cycle, good luck!

Welcome Nataliek, good luck to you too. I sure hope 32 isn't too old to try for your third seeing as I'm trying for my first at 30!

Morning ladies. Think I'm growing closer to o-could still be a few days or could be really soon-so hard for me to tell. Used pressed last night for the first time ever-less than they recommend but it was totally fine! I wouldn't want to use it all month long, but for the most fertile time period, it's ok-dh didn't seem to mind :blush:

Newbie-ugh the temp drop is the worst-I really hope it doesn't mean you're out but I know exactly how you feel-:hugs: and keep us posted.

Pbl-when are you testing?

Who else is testing soon? How are my other girls who are waiting to o?

Hope everyone has a good Monday...xoxo

Hi Vegan,

I am waiting to O! I am kind of lost though, i have just been using ovulation calculator and according to that my fertile window is from Aug 18-22nd, however I start to feel ovulation cramping around CD 11 so i am going to start BD around the 16th?

Kmae that must be frustrating for you but maybe O is just delayed rather than a total fail, maybe you'll gear up for a other go in a few days, fingers crossed!

Pbl I think there are arguments both ways in relation to exercising during TWW. I know it's safe to do a lot of things while pregnant, but in my mind the TWW is such a crucial time and surely being too energetic during the time the little bean is trying to implant could affect it, I think I'd avoid it anyway just to save the worry.

Welcome Nataliek, good luck to you too. I sure hope 32 isn't too old to try for your third seeing as I'm trying for my first at 30!

Ya exactly! I am 35!!! for Petes sake! So i am confused on something... i see ladies write on here that they didnt O at all during some months? But if you dont O you wont get a period right?:wacko:

temp drop today and BFN and i'm on 12dpo. i'm probably out, just waiting for that stupid witch:cry:

Sorry to hear that Tink, exactly what mine did as well!

I had a terrible day yesterday...spent most of the second half of it in a blubbering teary mess!!! Bloody hormones! She should be flying into my house tomorrow, right on schedule...

:hugs: ladies :hugs:

:hugs: newbie, every month I swear I'm not going to let it bother me but it always does.

:hugs: tink

Thanks so much ladies!

I have just been catching up on the posts and really appreciate your support!!

Temp is up a bit again today but feeling SOOO afy...i think she will still show :(

Ya exactly! I am 35!!! for Petes sake! So i am confused on something... i see ladies write on here that they didnt O at all during some months? But if you dont O you wont get a period right?:wacko:

Yes, to my understanding. I didn't O during the first 8 months of trying; thus , I didn't get a period during those 8 months either. I think that your body might shed its lining but it would be considered a false period.

Ugh. Lots of people here need :hugs:. And possibly :wine:.

So sorry, Tink and Curlyq. But I'm NOT saying sorry to you, Newbie, because I still have hope for you! It's not over until the nasty witch arrives! :flower:

But :hugs: for how bad you're feeling. It's a wonderful thing to have such good support here!

I had a few days of real optimism this cycle, but now I just feel crappy and pessimistic. I called my obgyn to see about a progesterone test, and she said to come in anytime. I asked, "Really? Aren't there specific days in my cycle that would be better than others?" The answer was still no. I sort of feel like coming in around CD4, just to prove a point, but I think I'll wait until 7dpo next cycle so that I can get actual information. But at least she's willing to test!

:dust: to one and all on this thread!

We are meeting with RE for the first time tomorrow and I am intending to talk to him about that issue...I was on Clomid for 5 months and out five I O'd twice according to my progesterone levels but I still got something that resembles my period well I considered it a period but it only lasted two days plus spotting…so have no idea we shall see…

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->