TTC #1 and over 30

:hugs: Sorry tink and newbie

kmae - why are they putting you on injections if you already ovulating? I only ask because I'm on clomid and that might be in my future so trying to learn as much as possible. Good luck with the egg - its definately time for a bfp around here!

Big hugs to Tink and Newbie :hugs: Hang in there girls…do something nice for yourselves. Newbie - did AF actually show? Your ticker says you're still at 13DPO.

kmae - yay for O!!! :yipee: Hope to see you on the Expecting thread in 2 weeks :hugs: I miss my cycle buddy! :kiss: No injections for you!!!!! FX

For all those waiting to O, go out and enjoy the things you love to do because when you will get preggers this cycle (which of course you will!!!!), so much of it will go away!!!!! I wish I did more rather than sitting around waiting…go jump around and or run for me :winkwink: And eat something yummy and healthy while I chomp on toast and cheese as that's all I can handle…I'm serious. Go enjoy these things!!! Because you WILL get your BFP this cycle and then you won't be able to do these things for 9 months :thumbup:

Thinking of all of your girls and keeping everything crossed :hug:

How is everyone today ladies?

I've been doing ok with my trying to stay positive, but I'm having a bad day today. Just put tea on and waiting for DH to get home, thought I'd have a quick look on Facebook and the first two things on my newsfeed are a picture of my best friend from secondary school's brand new gorgeous baby girl born today, and my best friend from primary school's first scan picture and pregnancy announcement. Normally Facebook doesn't bother me like I know it does a lot of people on the forum, but this has really got me down today. I'm not in contact much with those two people anymore, just through Facebook, but I went to the cinema with them both on my 12th birthday and it just seems like a BFP for me suddenly feels even further away. I know this sounds a bit crazy! I am really happy for them both and did the like and comment thing, I just wish I knew when it was my turn!

I've been doing ok with my trying to stay positive, but I'm having a bad day today. Just put tea on and waiting for DH to get home, thought I'd have a quick look on Facebook and the first two things on my newsfeed are a picture of my best friend from secondary school's brand new gorgeous baby girl born today, and my best friend from primary school's first scan picture and pregnancy announcement. Normally Facebook doesn't bother me like I know it does a lot of people on the forum, but this has really got me down today. I'm not in contact much with those two people anymore, just through Facebook, but I went to the cinema with them both on my 12th birthday and it just seems like a BFP for me suddenly feels even further away. I know this sounds a bit crazy! I am really happy for them both and did the like and comment thing, I just wish I knew when it was my turn!

:hugs: bubbles.

It's really hard sometimes, isn't it? I often see those things on facebook such as the pregnancy counters to show how many weeks people are etc.
Just remember it will be our time and it will be so special. If it's any consolation I depressed myself earlier...I went to a department store and wandered around the baby section - stupid or what?!?!?

I'm 6dpo and no symptoms. Not sure if I'm happy or not! I know it's too early really but I just want to know either way.
xx

*cautiously waves with shy smile*

Hi there :D

I was just wondering if you were open to new people joining your group? :blush:

xx

xx

Hi Sarah!

I'm up for newbies, especially a fellow Yorkshire bird! Welcome :)

It's really hard sometimes, isn't it? I often see those things on facebook such as the pregnancy counters to show how many weeks people are etc.
Just remember it will be our time and it will be so special. If it's any consolation I depressed myself earlier...I went to a department store and wandered around the baby section - stupid or what?!?!?

I'm 6dpo and no symptoms. Not sure if I'm happy or not! I know it's too early really but I just want to know either way.
xx

The pregnancy counters don't bother me as much, I think it's just the shock of unexpected announcements from people I had no idea were trying or even had a partner, at least with the counters I'm used to the idea that person is pregnant and I can kind of ignore their updates and skip past!

I always seem to find myself in the baby departments too like a crazy person! Not always intentionally! I've had to buy loads of baby stuff recently for new arrivals and I spend ages looking at all the stuff with my mum when we go shopping, I must get it from her coz it's become like a hobby for us both even though she doesn't know I'm TTC! We're both mad maybe! I always end up admiring the cute girly stuff when I've always needed to buy for boys recently.

:hugs: bubbles and poppy. Rough times.

And welcome to sara! :hi: This isn't a closed group, and many new folks have joined in the past few weeks, myself included. Very supportive, fabulous group of ladies!!! Welcome, and :dust:!

Totally unrelated note, that I have to share because I'm neck deep in a minor freak out. I might have mentioned we just adopted a greyhound. What I probably didn't mention is that this was one half of the Grand Marital Compromise of 2012. So, I like dogs. OH doesn't. I have very long hair (see pic below--not the best, but it's the first thing I found). OH doesn't like long hair (oh, the irony!). So the compromise was, I can get a dog if I agree to chop my hair off, to at least above the shoulders.

The haircut is happening in about 30 minutes. It's a good thing, but EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 2750_73925614695_473760_n.jpg
    2750_73925614695_473760_n.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 8

And welcome to sara! :hi: This isn't a closed group, and many new folks have joined in the past few weeks, myself included. Very supportive, fabulous group of ladies!!! Welcome, and :dust:!

Totally unrelated note, that I have to share because I'm neck deep in a minor freak out. I might have mentioned we just adopted a greyhound. What I probably didn't mention is that this was one half of the Grand Marital Compromise of 2012. So, I like dogs. OH doesn't. I have very long hair (see pic below--not the best, but it's the first thing I found). OH doesn't like long hair (oh, the irony!). So the compromise was, I can get a dog if I agree to chop my hair off, to at least above the shoulders.

The haircut is happening in about 30 minutes. It's a good thing, but EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Sara! This is a really supportive thread and we're all very lovely so you're more than welcome to join us!!

Pbl: Good luck with the haircut! Just shut your eyes the whole time then when it's done upload a photo on here so we can see! Also remember that hair grows so it won't stay short forever and maybe you could meet halfway on the length??

Oh my goodness! That's a random compromise, I like it! I've never heard of a man not liking long hair before! Are you happy with the compromise or was it a case of doing anything to get the dog? I used to have long hair like that when I was younger, I begged my mum every day to let me cut it and she finally gave in when I was about 12 as she was sick of listening to me!

question for you ladies!

Every month I get quite noticable pains around O, which I know from opks this month come after O. This month they have been VERY mild, to the point I don't really notice them. Should I think anything of them? I'm 6dpo. xx

xx

Hi Sarah!

I'm up for newbies, especially a fellow Yorkshire bird! Welcome :)

ohhh another Yorkie?! Thats Fab!! Where abouts chick? :D

And thankyou for having me :happydance: Cant wait to get to know you all!

xx

xx

The pregnancy counters don't bother me as much, I think it's just the shock of unexpected announcements from people I had no idea were trying or even had a partner, at least with the counters I'm used to the idea that person is pregnant and I can kind of ignore their updates and skip past!

I always seem to find myself in the baby departments too like a crazy person! Not always intentionally! I've had to buy loads of baby stuff recently for new arrivals and I spend ages looking at all the stuff with my mum when we go shopping, I must get it from her coz it's become like a hobby for us both even though she doesn't know I'm TTC! We're both mad maybe! I always end up admiring the cute girly stuff when I've always needed to buy for boys recently.

I can really empathise with you on this hun. Its awful...I actually went through a stage where I avoided facebook for a good few weeks because all my cousins who were still teenagers were all announcing pregnancies at the exact same time and dont think any of them had a partner!

Im always happy for people that have been trying ofc...but I think we all get that little pang when we first find out...even if it does fade off really quick for me. We wouldnt be human if we didnt get fed up at these announcements when its something we really want!

xx

Thank you for the welcome hun!

Aww thats such a shame, you have lovely hair! Its good that you could agree on a compromise though. Personally...I find that having a dog around turns my house into a home :)

Im so lucky my OH is crazier about dogs than I am..I think I would be devestated if he said no more!!

Hope the hair cut wasnt too traumatic. Im sure you still think it was definitely worth it though after when you see those gorgeous doggy eyes staring at you with love!

x

Welcome Sara! This is a really supportive thread and we're all very lovely so you're more than welcome to join us!!

Pbl: Good luck with the haircut! Just shut your eyes the whole time then when it's done upload a photo on here so we can see! Also remember that hair grows so it won't stay short forever and maybe you could meet halfway on the length??

Thank you so much :happydance:

x

question for you ladies!

Every month I get quite noticable pains around O, which I know from opks this month come after O. This month they have been VERY mild, to the point I don't really notice them. Should I think anything of them? I'm 6dpo. xx

Hmm..I would say anything out of the ordinary for you hun is a good sign! Crossing my fingers and toes xx

Yeah same here, what kind of pains are they? I get weird pains all the time at the moment, they seem to go on a week before O and a week after so I could never work out the day of O just from pains like some can! Hopefully it's a good sign for you this time anyway!

Oh and Sarah, I'm up in North Yorks!

Yeah same here, what kind of pains are they? I get weird pains all the time at the moment, they seem to go on a week before O and a week after so I could never work out the day of O just from pains like some can! Hopefully it's a good sign for you this time anyway!

Oh and Sarah, I'm up in North Yorks!

Ahh, im in Sheffield :D

Hmm...the pain you are getting before could well be caused by the growing little cysts on the ovary that will then mature and one will pop and release the most mature egg. As for the pain after...I was getting cramping post ovulation for a while too and after I consulted Dr Google I was amazed to find that our tubes contract post ovulation and sort of pulsate for a few days to help the egg make its way to the womb. Id never known that before but apparently lots of post ov cramping (specially in that first week), can be attributed to that!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->