TTC #1 and over 30

I know luna - me too!

I did two this last month!!!!! Crazeeeeeee ;)

DH's SA came back as normal, I didn't get any counts but figured if they said it was normal it was all good.
Good news all around here. Now onto a bd marathon for the next two weeks. ;)

Sorry, newbie, about af. :( :hugs:

Yayyyyy baking

We tried preseed followed by soft cups last night-it was ok! Based on opk's (still light) and cm (brief ew but not much the past two days), I'd guess I'm still about 3+ days away from o, but I wanted the practice just in case ;)

Happy Thursday ladies-looking forward to seeing this thread bust up with :bfp: soon.

Xoxoxoxoxo

Thanks vegan, happy Thursday to you too!

I'm 7dpo and not sure how long to wait to test. The month I had my copper coil out I missed my fertile time but spotted for 5 days before AF and AF was VERY heavy then the first proper month ttc I spotted for 2 days before AF which was much more normal and like my pre-coil AF's. This is our 2nd month ttc so hoping any changes having my coil out has made are now settled. As for symptoms nothing really out of the ordinary, slightly tender bbs, tired (slept 9 hrs last night and 10hrs night before) mild cramps, slightly 'puffy' areola and peeing lots but I get this every month so not really reading into it much. We're trying SMEP this month so we bd on cd6, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17 (early AM - OH was knackered on cd16 bless him!) & 18. Pos opk was on cd14 so guessing I O'ed on cd15. Really hope we've done it but not feeling overly optimistic and feel a bit flat about it all really :(

Sorry for the long rant, just not feeling fab about it at all. Hope you ladies are feeling more hopeful than me. xx

How is everyone doing?

My Dr appointment went well . dr said everything looks good and unless it been over a year of trying he would suggest anything else right now. so fingers crossed!

So was anyone else on birth control for years ? How long did it take you after stopping to actually start ovulating again. I am using fertility friend now, but I feel its kinda late in the month to start tracking now, AF is suppose to be here tomorrow.

I was on birth control for 13 years myself (provera shots, various pills, the coil).
I suppose I ovulated in my first cycle, but I didn´t start TTC until the second month after, which worked in our first try. (stopped on the 1st of march, got pregnant late april).

Oh, and here's this. :flower:

(I probably won't leave this up here terribly long.)

Beautiful haircut, I´m debating whether to cut my own hair ;)

Thanks vegan, happy Thursday to you too!

I'm 7dpo and not sure how long to wait to test. The month I had my copper coil out I missed my fertile time but spotted for 5 days before AF and AF was VERY heavy then the first proper month ttc I spotted for 2 days before AF which was much more normal and like my pre-coil AF's. This is our 2nd month ttc so hoping any changes having my coil out has made are now settled. As for symptoms nothing really out of the ordinary, slightly tender bbs, tired (slept 9 hrs last night and 10hrs night before) mild cramps, slightly 'puffy' areola and peeing lots but I get this every month so not really reading into it much. We're trying SMEP this month so we bd on cd6, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17 (early AM - OH was knackered on cd16 bless him!) & 18. Pos opk was on cd14 so guessing I O'ed on cd15. Really hope we've done it but not feeling overly optimistic and feel a bit flat about it all really :(

Sorry for the long rant, just not feeling fab about it at all. Hope you ladies are feeling more hopeful than me. xx

Nice job on the smep :) :dust:

My OH mentioned out of the blue yesterday, that I should cut my hair. It´s down to my waist now, and has been for most of my life.
I cut my hair for the first time when I was 13, and then only up to my shoulderblades. Did it again when I was 24, up to my shoulders (also colored it dark), then when the color started growing out, I tried un-coloring it (bleach basically), but that didn´t work out so good, so I had an orangey color for about 3 months, before cutting it down to a "crew-cut".
I really liked that one, as getting out of the shower, only took a couple of minutes (no 30 minute drying session of wet long hair, yay!).
The only problem I saw with it, I would have had to go to the hairdressers at least 1x a month, and I´m way too lazy for that.
If not for my super hairgrowth when it´s short, I would def have hair about 2 inches long (5-6cm) Feels awesome.

Yeah same here, what kind of pains are they? I get weird pains all the time at the moment, they seem to go on a week before O and a week after so I could never work out the day of O just from pains like some can! Hopefully it's a good sign for you this time anyway!

Oh and Sarah, I'm up in North Yorks!

Ahh, im in Sheffield :D

Hmm...the pain you are getting before could well be caused by the growing little cysts on the ovary that will then mature and one will pop and release the most mature egg. As for the pain after...I was getting cramping post ovulation for a while too and after I consulted Dr Google I was amazed to find that our tubes contract post ovulation and sort of pulsate for a few days to help the egg make its way to the womb. Id never known that before but apparently lots of post ov cramping (specially in that first week), can be attributed to that!

x

Ah thanks for that, kind of makes sense! Good old Dr Google! I'm trying to avoid consulting with him anymore after a long spell of scaring myself with everything I ask resulting in nothing but a list of numerous diseases! I gave up the other day and consulted my NHS app instead, and it told me to call 999 immediately!!! I give up lol xx

Lol..oh dear!! Thats the problem with the net these days...its full of so much crap mixed in with the truth that its just impossible to tell the good from the bad anymore. Mind you...when it comes to the world of ttc I have actually found it more reliable than my GP. Ive had to explain more to the doctors ive seen about my cycles and trying to get pregnant than I am comfortable to accept.

Makes you wonder sometimes if there should be better training for this kinda stuff! xx

Bubbles, didn't Google recently diagnose you with endometriosis, PCOS, hepatitis C, and the Ebola virus? Or something like that?

Dr. Google is a quack.

Thanks for the support ladies! About 23 inches of hair were cut off, and it's going to be great. I don't love the way she styled it post-cut, so I'll post a photo later. Hopefully with the dog.

And, yes, I did plan on cutting it eventually. Hair that long would definitely be a bad idea with a baby in the grabby phase. Who knows how soon that will happen, though?

Cheers!

The important point to keep focused on hun is that it WILL happen. I know it doesnt feel like it most of the time but you will get there!

Look at it this way...you started three cycles ago...today, right now, youre three cycles better off with knowledge about your body and signs and recognising things than you were three months ago! It all adds up hun.

Chart temps are looking nice though :)

I see some marks for incosistent temps...is that down to sleep deprivation or different waking times?

IF its down to the waking times...there is a website that you can use to update the temp to what it "technically could have been". Might help get a more consistent flow of your chart.

Here it is!: https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

Bubbles, didn't Google recently diagnose you with endometriosis, PCOS, hepatitis C, and the Ebola virus? Or something like that?

Dr. Google is a quack.

Thanks for the support ladies! About 23 inches of hair were cut off, and it's going to be great. I don't love the way she styled it post-cut, so I'll post a photo later. Hopefully with the dog.

And, yes, I did plan on cutting it eventually. Hair that long would definitely be a bad idea with a baby in the grabby phase. Who knows how soon that will happen, though?

Cheers!

Ha yes that was me! (Hang on while I google Ebola virus, I don't know what it is but I'm sure I have it!) I'm like a virtual hypochondriac!

Your hair cutting story has reminded me of a six year old I saw on tv this week who had all her long hair cut off to donate to a place that make wigs for kids with cancer. Random but true.

Bless...what a lovely, selfless and sweet thing for that little girl to do! Brings a tear to my eye.

My tests arrived today :D now to stare longingly at them for the next 2 weeks or so :haha:

YAY! :happydance:

Sadly...I am not afraid to admitt that I tend to stare at mine lovingly my entire cycle lol. My name is Sarah and I have a POAS addiction.

Good luck catching the egg luna!

Im just waiting now for the witch to actually show her face! Wish she would just get a move on so could get onto the next cycle...for some reason my LP seems to get longer by a day every month - very strange....ive gone from 11 to 14 now!

On the plus side, its my birthday next week and now i'll be having a couple glasses of wine to celebrate!

Aww hun, im sorry that the witch hit you this last cycle :( :hugs:

Ive taken a look at your charts and can see that theres been a gentle increase on the LP. Its not unusual though for LP to change by a day or two. I did notice though that on one of your charts you had a temp that could have altered your ovulation day by one.

Were you on BC before you started your charts on FF? Sometimes it just takes a while for the body to really settle down into handling hormones in the right way after coming off the Pill...so it might be that your cycles are now settling into the right rythym for you if that is the case.

x

How is everyone doing?

My Dr appointment went well . dr said everything looks good and unless it been over a year of trying he would suggest anything else right now. so fingers crossed!

So was anyone else on birth control for years ? How long did it take you after stopping to actually start ovulating again. I am using fertility friend now, but I feel its kinda late in the month to start tracking now, AF is suppose to be here tomorrow.

Heya!

Im crossinf fingers and toes for you hun! Good that your doc gave you the all clear though.

I cant say for sure about the birth control because I didnt start ttc the second I came off it. It did take me about 3 months to settle back in to my routine. I remember the first few cycles were a bit all over the place.

Good that you are going to temp! You are going to find it a godsend! I would highly recommend vaginal temping. Its more effective and consistent than oral temping (I know many are put off about vaginal temping and getting af but theres no need to temp through af anyway) so can be much more reliable.

x

Thanks Hun - i have officially decided that temping does nothing but inform you about your O!!!!! I have to learn to pay less attention to it after O because it does nothing but get ones hopes up...

FX for you catching your little egg this month hun xx

Unfortunately...this is true. After two years I now rely on no temps post ovulation a sit can and does mess with your head!

Last year I had three triphastic charts (which are supposed to result in high odds of pregnancy)...never caught the egg once lol. So Im actually at a part where I sometimes stop temping altogether once ovulation has been confirmed.

x

Good luck this month Luna.... and thanks for all your help I hope charting this month will help for me to actually better pin point O.
PBL your hair cut looks great!

You could also try OPKs (ovulation prediction kits)...they will tell you when you are in your fertile window and then you just wait for the temps to confirm the actual date it occured on FF :) Takes away a lot of the pressure I find x

Awesome hair pbl!!!! And adorable dog-worth it for sure!

Newbie I love your attitude, girl. Xoxoxo

Couldn't agree about temps in 2ww more-I stopped temping first 10 days of my cycle and maybe I should stop after o is confirmed too....hmmmmmm....

I think if you find yourself worrying or stressing about what they are doing...then its worth trying it out hun. The stress alone of worrying about the temps wont help the body in the long run. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->