TTC #1 and over 30

Whether i can actually get myself to stop....another matter!!!!!!

Lol true!! It takes some serious mind control to put down that thermometer at times!! It wouldnt be the first time ive made my partner hide it so I couldnt lol x

Whether i can actually get myself to stop....another matter!!!!!!
It's funny how exciting I find it to enter my temp and look at my chart everyday! :haha:

Im with you on that point...atleast until ovulation has been occured. Then I hear the star wars death march song in my head post OV when picking up my thermometer out of worry :p x

DH's SA came back as normal, I didn't get any counts but figured if they said it was normal it was all good.
Good news all around here. Now onto a bd marathon for the next two weeks. ;)

Sorry, newbie, about af. :( :hugs:

Thats fantastic news!! I see a nice big decline on your chart too and possible ovulation starting...go start that headboard banging hun...good luck!! x

Yayyyyy baking

We tried preseed followed by soft cups last night-it was ok! Based on opk's (still light) and cm (brief ew but not much the past two days), I'd guess I'm still about 3+ days away from o, but I wanted the practice just in case ;)

Happy Thursday ladies-looking forward to seeing this thread bust up with :bfp: soon.

Xoxoxoxoxo

Come on eggy...time to come play!!

I loved preseed...facied trying the softcups but after seeing how big they were I have been rather put off! Are they uncomfy? x

Thanks vegan, happy Thursday to you too!

I'm 7dpo and not sure how long to wait to test. The month I had my copper coil out I missed my fertile time but spotted for 5 days before AF and AF was VERY heavy then the first proper month ttc I spotted for 2 days before AF which was much more normal and like my pre-coil AF's. This is our 2nd month ttc so hoping any changes having my coil out has made are now settled. As for symptoms nothing really out of the ordinary, slightly tender bbs, tired (slept 9 hrs last night and 10hrs night before) mild cramps, slightly 'puffy' areola and peeing lots but I get this every month so not really reading into it much. We're trying SMEP this month so we bd on cd6, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17 (early AM - OH was knackered on cd16 bless him!) & 18. Pos opk was on cd14 so guessing I O'ed on cd15. Really hope we've done it but not feeling overly optimistic and feel a bit flat about it all really :(

Sorry for the long rant, just not feeling fab about it at all. Hope you ladies are feeling more hopeful than me. xx

Try not to lose the faith hun. Your body is now doing what its meant too and you have more than covered your fertile window!

Just a little backstory...Im ttc my first but ive had two pregnancies..one ended up being a tubal and one just didnt make it. Both times I had zero faith in those cycles. Infact...when I think about it, there have been bucketloads of other cycles I was convinced it was the one and it wasnt, and these I would have flat out said no chance on. And yet both times I had infact caught the eggy!

I know its hard but...until af shows her head, we all have just as much a chance of getting a bfp as we do of driving the red road. Atleast thats what I tell myself to remind myself that I shouldnt be thinking negative till I actually know 100% the cycle is done with. So im throwing loads of :dust: at you! x

Ditto! :)

I leave the thread for five minutes and it's morphed into War and Peace lol.

Love the haircut Pbl, you are so pretty, and deffo worth it for the lovely doggy!

Now I could be here some time catching up on the rest and working out where to reply!!

Newbie - many people stop temping after they confirm O for that very reason. It's super frustrating!!!! My chart the cycle BEFORE I got my BFP looked stellar and AF arrived and then my BFP cycle it looked 'ok'. I'm sorry the damn :witch: got you! :hugs: I really hope this cycle is the one for you!! And happy birthday!! :kiss:

Baking - yay for a normal SA!!! Now you can BD with more confidence :hugs: One thing I was religious about my BFP cycle was remaining on my back with my butt propped on a pillow and feet up on the wall for at least 15 minutes after each BD. Then, on the night of +OPK and the day after, I stayed like that for 30 minutes. I know it's supposedly an old wive's tale but perhaps that did the trick for me! Something to think about…GL to you this cycle! FX :hugs:

Lily - I hope the softcups do the trick for you this cycle!!!! Everything crossed :hugs:

Peoples - I was on BCP for 15 years until this past December. I don't know if I started ovulating right away as I didn't start temping until April. When I did temp, I did see signs of ovulation but I didn't get my BFP until June. So took me about 6 mos to get preggers. Also, I started temping as soon as I got my thermometer to get in the habit of it. Make sure to temp at the same time each day and in the same heat pocket (either left or right side of tongue). Hang in there! And GL :hugs:

pbl - your hair looks great! You've inspired me to get my toosh to my hair salon…I'm LONG overdue for a cut!

WOW this thread moves fast these days!!!! I can barely keep up so I apologize for anyone I have missed. BUT I'm thinking of each of you and hoping and praying that you will join us on the Expecting thread asap.
:hug: to all of you!!!!!

Hey all!! Got a very very faint line on IC yesterday and had blood work HCG was 8 :( I was 11DPO...not sure if chemical or late implantation?? :(

Hey all!! Got a very very faint line on IC yesterday and had blood work HCG was 8 :( I was 11DPO...not sure if chemical or late implantation?? :(

Congrats!! :) hope its late implantation for you.
How long until AF would be due?
So pleased for you!! :)

Congrats!! :) hope its late implantation for you.
How long until AF would be due?
So pleased for you!! :)

Thanks...and praying this sticks!! im due AF tomorrow...im nervous as the dr office wasnt very hopeful:cry:

Congrats Clarkeyness, hope this the one!!

Confession: I seriously can't keep up with this thread, so you'll have to excuse my random butting in!!

Clarkey omg!!!!!! Post pictures and keep us posted!

For everyone who asked-The soft cups are no big deal! Hardest part is removal actually. It was so comfy I'd consider trying it for af. I am very tempted not to chart after o is confirmed but maybe not til next cycle! Dunno-think its a pretty good idea.

Love all the activity here and :dust:

MrsChezek- thanks I am going to start temping this month and thanks for the info makes me feel better I was on birth control for about 10 years and my period seemed to be all over the place for a few month but finally has seems normal.

Sarahuk- I am so sorry for your last two pregnancies but I am crossing my fingers for you this time .

I am so glad I found this thread its so nice to be able to encourage either other through this time.

Had the best day. Called in sick to work and went to the amusement park with hubby. It was gorgeous weather, spent the entire day going on rides ^_^

So happy we were able to make our schedules coordinate to go during the first half of my cycle, now to see if he's not too tired for a little :sex: tonight too

I feel like a teenager again, sneaking around to get our babymaking in while taking care of my mil. ;)

Luna, I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful day. Hope hubby isn't too tired from all that fun. ;)

This waiting is horrible!! My bbs have been aching a little since 2days ago which is a bit earlier than normal and this morning I thought I'd see if my nips were tender (trying/hoping for a dif symptom!!) and when I poked them they were sore not a tender ache but sore. I'm 8dpo today. When I first woke I had a really light pressure just above my pubic bone (tmi) and AF type cramping seems to be there today rather than higher up or to 1 side.

Clarky - really hoping your bean sticks and AF hasnt shown.

Luna - glad you had a good day some time out with hubby could be great to help you relax & catch eggy.

Sarah - keep being positive!!

Baking - have fun with your sneaking!!

Peoples - the support on here is great isnt it? Hope you're feeling good.

Hope I've not missed anyone? Theres lots of us now!

GL to all waiting to O and to those in tww or testing soon.
:dust: ladies!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->