TTC #1 and over 30

Hello ladies, hope you don't mind me joining! My DH and I are both 31, TTC #1 for 19 months now. Hoping and praying to get a BFP soon!
Anyone tried the SMEP method? How did it work for you?

Hi Mommy81, welcome to the thread!

I've been using SMEP this month, I'll let you know tomorrow how it's panned out!
:dust:

Hello and welcome Mommy81! :hi: I started SMEP in May and in our second cycle of trying it got my :bfp: in June so I highly recommend it!!!! GL to you and hope you find something that works for you soon!! :flower:

GL tomorrow poppy!!! I'm keeping everything crossed for you sweetie! :hugs:

:dust: :baby: :dust:

Good luck Poppy!

I'm annoyed today as I think O has arrived earlier than expected, which is good for a shorter cycle, but I'm pretty sure my BD timing was rubbish. Was planning to keep the every day marathon going a few days before O dammit.

I'm kinda worried myself, my temp should have dipped today and it stayed pretty much the same as the previous days. My cm seems almost gone this morning but we'll see. I still have a bunch of days to bd so hopefully that eggy will drop soon.

Good things take time baking! Your perfect eggy will pop when it's ready :hugs: It probably decided it needed a bit more time in the follicle. More CM will come when it pops - our bodies always get their ducks in order in the end! Hang in there! :kiss:

Thanks, MrsChezek! I really needed to hear that. :hugs:

Hello ladies, hope you don't mind me joining! My DH and I are both 31, TTC #1 for 19 months now. Hoping and praying to get a BFP soon!

I did. Got my :bfp: on my first try :)
I had short cycles, so I started on CD 4, every other day 4 times, then 3 times in a row, one day off, and then every other day for a week more.
I probably oed on CD11...

Good luck Poppy!

I'm annoyed today as I think O has arrived earlier than expected, which is good for a shorter cycle, but I'm pretty sure my BD timing was rubbish. Was planning to keep the every day marathon going a few days before O dammit.

I'm kinda worried myself, my temp should have dipped today and it stayed pretty much the same as the previous days. My cm seems almost gone this morning but we'll see. I still have a bunch of days to bd so hopefully that eggy will drop soon.

Good luck!

I'm just feeling so unconfident already :(. Last cycle I had my positive OPK then next day a temp spike, and FF confirmed O as the day before the spike, the same day as the positive OPK which is weird as it didn't show positive til late at night. This time I've just had a slight rise the next day (today) so I kind of hope it's not happened yet and is happening today or tomorrow so I can get another BD in, but it could just be a slow temp rise. I've only just had proper EWCM today. I wish it wasn't all so confusing!

I did. Got my :bfp: on my first try :)
I had short cycles, so I started on CD 4, every other day 4 times, then 3 times in a row, one day off, and then every other day for a week more.
I probably oed on CD11...

Thanks Pilot Preg, and CONGRATS on your :bfp:!!

I am willing to try anyhting at this point! :dust:

Hello and welcome Mommy81! :hi: I started SMEP in May and in our second cycle of trying it got my :bfp: in June so I highly recommend it!!!! GL to you and hope you find something that works for you soon!! :flower:

Hi MrsChezek! Congrats on your :bfp:, you must be over the moon! I am going to try SMEP this month! FX it works for me!

Good luck Poppy!

Good luck!

I'm just feeling so unconfident already :(. Last cycle I had my positive OPK then next day a temp spike, and FF confirmed O as the day before the spike, the same day as the positive OPK which is weird as it didn't show positive til late at night. This time I've just had a slight rise the next day (today) so I kind of hope it's not happened yet and is happening today or tomorrow so I can get another BD in, but it could just be a slow temp rise. I've only just had proper EWCM today. I wish it wasn't all so confusing!

I was really surprised to see my temp in the low 97's this morning. I was expecting a high 96 something which would mean o'ing tomorrow. I had o pains and lots of cm around days 10-12 but my temps don't really support that. Hmmm... I will know for sure on day 21 (progestrone test) but it's sure confusing in the meantime.

Good luck and don't lose the faith! If you're getting good cm, I think you're still in it!

Hi Mommy, and welcome to the thread! I just wanted to throw in that this past month was the first time that I took guaifenesin, and it made a HUGE difference. If you don't think you're producing enough EWCM, like I wasn't, then it could help. We also used preseed, just to be sure. Maybe you're already doing these things, so sorry if I'm being officious.

Good luck to those of you trying to catch the egg!!!

I also just want to say that you should all try to be as productive as you possibly can right now. The fatigue that I'm experiencing is NOT messing around! Seriously, I can barely keep my eyes open, even though I'm out like a light all night long (unusual for me). I'm also trying to reduce my caffeine intake (stopped coffee when TTC and moved to tea, now I'm trying to go from 2 cup caffeinated to 1). This is a baaaaaaaaaaad combination. Combine this with my total distraction, and I'm basically a worthless worker right now, and classes start in a week, so this is bad! In other news, I went to the doc today for a prog test (not spotting right now, but still nervous), and they reran the pg test. I'm still pregnant, and I actually even cried when they told me, even though I already knew.

Anyway. Bubbles, perhaps you should go surprise hubby at work? :winkwink: They say DTD on O day can actually be a good thing!

Hi Mommy, and welcome to the thread! I just wanted to throw in that this past month was the first time that I took guaifenesin, and it made a HUGE difference. If you don't think you're producing enough EWCM, like I wasn't, then it could help. We also used preseed, just to be sure. Maybe you're already doing these things, so sorry if I'm being officious.

I also just want to say that you should all try to be as productive as you possibly can right now. The fatigue that I'm experiencing is NOT messing around! Seriously, I can barely keep my eyes open, even though I'm out like a light all night long (unusual for me). I'm also trying to reduce my caffeine intake (stopped coffee when TTC and moved to tea, now I'm trying to go from 2 cup caffeinated to 1). This is a baaaaaaaaaaad combination. Combine this with my total distraction, and I'm basically a worthless worker right now, and classes start in a week, so this is bad! In other news, I went to the doc today for a prog test (not spotting right now, but still nervous), and they reran the pg test. I'm still pregnant, and I actually even cried when they told me, even though I already knew.

Anyway. Bubbles, perhaps you should go surprise hubby at work? :winkwink: They say DTD on O day can actually be a good thing!

Thanks pbl! I am not currently trying those things, but maybe I'll add it to my routine. I am currently doing acupuncture and fertile yoga classes. Hopefully something works! CONGRATS on your :bfp::happydance:

Good luck testing poppy :)

Nice to see you stop by gypsy, hope your crazy cycle ends soon :hugs:

Hi mommy81 :)

Baking your eggie will definitely show up when it's ready, good thing you're keeping up the bd to stay covered :)

Well temp started going up today, I swear you could set your watch to my cycles :haha: hubby wasn't feeling well yesterday so no o day bd but we did manage the 4 days before and will again tonight if he gets home from work soon enough, hope it was enough!

BOO to fatigue! Although I seriously don't think I could be anymore tired some days already and I'm not pregnant, so I hope it doesn't get a lot worse when I am! How sweet you cried when you already knew, preggo hormones! I would totally do the same!

DH should be in shortly, I've already text to remind him it's another BD day, and tell him it ideally needs to be when he gets home rather than waiting til after his mum decides to go home, I hate making it planned but I don't want to waste any more hours if it's happening today, or feel nervous wondering when she's going to leave, and then it all get put off til bedtime!

The thought of me going to surprise DH at work is hilarious, if only you knew what job we did! I could actually be tempted though so its probably a good thing I can't actually drive at the moment to get to him because of my ankle!

do you think using internet cheapies when I test will be ok? Or do they have a bad rep? This is the first cycle using them.

do you think using internet cheapies when I test will be ok? Or do they have a bad rep? This is the first cycle using them.

Yeah I think they will be fine, I plan to use them and then confirm with a digi, same as with OPKs. A lot seem to have good results with the cheapies, the only slight issue is that they sometimes seem to take a few days to show up for some people, so best to wait til after AF is due.

I am Loukachu - 11dpo so getting nervous. I'm really tired again today, could go back to sleep and only been awake 2 hours!!

Good luck testing!! I didnt get my very very faint bfp on IC until 12dpo...:hugs: :dust: for you!!

you guys will be the first to know...after DH of course!
not sure if I'm excited or scared!! Lots of symtpoms...

I'm excited for you! I get so nervous testing, I usually just try wait for AF but it was late last month so I ended up testing.

I never used ICs, as I'd rather pay more for more reliable results. I kept hearing that some of the lower quality tests would give false positives, and I'm just not sure I could have handled that! I used the First Response (highest rated, according to multiple web sites) and got a BFN on 8 dpo and a BFP on 14 dpo. I also made sure it was the very first morning pee.

FX for you, Poppy!!!!

I never used ICs, as I'd rather pay more for more reliable results. I kept hearing that some of the lower quality tests would give false positives, and I'm just not sure I could have handled that! I used the First Response (highest rated, according to multiple web sites) and got a BFN on 8 dpo and a BFP on 14 dpo. I also made sure it was the very first morning pee.

FX for you, Poppy!!!!

I was the same way but I'm not big on POAS so I knew I'd use them wisely :flower: IC's can be unreliable but I know some of them are really good as many girls on the threads here rave about them. I guess it all depends on what brand you have and how sensitive it is...GL!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->