TTC #1 and over 30

Hey ladies how are you all. Can't decide if I am in or out but had a fab day out with friends today and feel much better in myself.

Slight temp dip threw me for a bit today but will see what happens tomorrow, just hope I sleep!

FX to you all and welcome Natasha xxx

Hey Natasha, we've been TTC since just before the wedding so just coming up 4 months, but only on cycle 3 as they've been longer since I came off BCP.

I didn't really have post wedding blues, long story but my wedding seemed a bit cursed and I was kind of glad when it was over in the end! I loved the day but I made a bit of a bigger project out of it than I expected and also had a lot less help with it than I expected, so it was a stressful year of planning! I decided to make a lot of things by hand including my invites, favours, order of the day cards, confetti cones, table plan, table name cards, candy buffet labels etc, as well as working a stressful job with full time shifts. Three weeks before the wedding I was in a bad car accident and broke my ankle, and the week before my friend who was doing my hair broke her thumb!

I am starting to get a bit sad it's over now, over 3 months later, now we have the video and things back, but I also feel sad it didn't quite go how I would've liked when I ended up in plaster!

How about you?

Lou - glad you had a nice day and I really hope you get some good sleep!

I've been chart stalking on FF tonight and can't seem to find any that look anything like my craziness this cycle, and I can't seem to find any BFP charts with dips below the coverline so early on, so I'm almost positive I'm out this cycle already. I know you're still in til the witch shows and all that, I just really can't imagine not just knowing I was pregnant, even though I have no idea what it feels like! So I'm staying positive for you girls here in the TWW instead, I've got a good feeling that someone is going to get a BFP very soon!

Oh, ladies! BFP land is so wrenching! Everyone over on the first trimester forum is constantly freaking out about possibly miscarrying, and it's nearly impossible to not worry about it. There are actually a fair number described over there, and one never knows whether to read or stay the heck away.

I had a not insubstantial amount of spotting today, and pretty much sprinted over to the ObGyn in hysterics. They said it could still all be fine and that my cervix looked fully closed, but the ultrasound was inconclusive. I looked pregnant, but they couldn't locate the gestational sac, which apparently isn't unusual for 5 1/2 weeks, and the lab had closed so I couldn't get blood tests done. So, maybe I'm miscarrying, and maybe I'm totally freaking out for nothing. Either way, I'm a total wreck. I can't even imagine what I would have done if this had happened tomorrow when I'm supposed to be teaching. I guess you have to go through this phase to get to the end goal, but it's no picnic.

Anyway, I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but I needed to share.

I have my fingers and toes crossed for all you TWW ladies. I've been stalking!

Bubbles, I've always heard it can take a few months for your cycle to sort itself out after BC. I hope yours settles quickly, or better yet this is your month!

Lou, still sounds promising!

Welcome, Natasha, and :dust: to you!

Gypsy, keep us posted. Especially about what sounds like potential wedding bells!!!

:hugs: to everyone!

oh, pbl! I hope everything is okay. Keeping u in my thoughts and prayers. :hugs:

Oh, ladies! BFP land is so wrenching! Everyone over on the first trimester forum is constantly freaking out about possibly miscarrying, and it's nearly impossible to not worry about it. There are actually a fair number described over there, and one never knows whether to read or stay the heck away.

I had a not insubstantial amount of spotting today, and pretty much sprinted over to the ObGyn in hysterics. They said it could still all be fine and that my cervix looked fully closed, but the ultrasound was inconclusive. I looked pregnant, but they couldn't locate the gestational sac, which apparently isn't unusual for 5 1/2 weeks, and the lab had closed so I couldn't get blood tests done. So, maybe I'm miscarrying, and maybe I'm totally freaking out for nothing. Either way, I'm a total wreck. I can't even imagine what I would have done if this had happened tomorrow when I'm supposed to be teaching. I guess you have to go through this phase to get to the end goal, but it's no picnic.

Bubbles, I've always heard it can take a few months for your cycle to sort itself out after BC. I hope yours settles quickly, or better yet this is your month!

Gypsy, keep us posted. Especially about what sounds like potential wedding bells!!!

We have been talking about it for three years now and I have a ring but I was married to someone else and it was a very bad relationship so my ex refuses to sign the divorce papers. As soon as that loose end is tied up we are planning on getting married. I want to have my wedding august of next year.

Good luck to you. I hope that everything is ok with your little bean. Sometimes information does more harm than good :shrug:

Hey Pbl,

So sorry to hear you're having a bit of a tough time, it's something I really worry about especially after joining the forum and realising just how common it can be, it's so unfair to finally get your BFP and not be able to sit back and enjoy it. I'm sure you'll be fine, it is also very common to get a bit of a bleed now and then for no bad reason. When I was on honeymoon in Florida we met up with a friend who was out there who found out she was pregnant before she went, and she woke up one morning to find a bleed and ended up rushing to he hospital. We were all so worried but everything was fine, and she's nearly 6 months now.

I know my chart worries are vey insignificant compared to your concerns right now, but I also expected them to be all over the place after coming off BCP, it just worries me that last cycle seemed pretty straightforward, but now I've got past the 3 month mark they're now starting to look a bit crazy! Makes me worry there's something wrong with me. I had another dip today and I think FF will take the crosshairs away again if it goes any lower, even if I can't get pregnant it's a small comfort to at least see a chart that shows I ovulate.

Fingers crossed for you anyway, you and your little bean will be in my thoughts, hopefully the next few weeks will go quickly so you can start to relax a bit more. Although that's probably easier said than done, I don't think I could relax til the baby was in my arms, or maybe until the baby was 18!

Hey Pbl,
big hugs to you, sorry to hear about all the stress you are going through. It is always the unknown that is tough. Are you going back to the doc? Xx

Well my temp went back up today as I actually slept. Am now 12dpo but am convinced AF is going to come. Waking up sweaty and backache for the past two days... AF signs

Oh Pbl thinking of you and keeping crossed that's all is well!

Bubbles try not to worry as that will only make your cycle worse it's normal for it to take a while for your body to readjust after BC! I had 3 normalise cycles then mine went crazy which is when I realised I had pcos. Actually thinking back now I think I always new I did and that I would have a job concieving!

Lou your not out till the witch shows up fingers crossed its your month :)

Gypsy - wedding bless how exciting :)

Thaks, ladies. I'm almost certain at this point that I'm miscarrying, but I won't be sure for a few days.

Thaks, ladies. I'm almost certain at this point that I'm miscarrying, but I won't be sure for a few days.

:hugs: I am so sorry. Fx that your bean hangs on. Please keep us updated. We are all here for you.

Really sorry pbl, I hope you're wrong though. You're both still in my thoughts, we're all willing that little bean on to stay put.

Oh pbl I hope you're wrong :hugs:

Lou lots of people feel like af is about to arrive and then get their bfp!

7 dpo and my bbs are giant and sore, started around 4 dpo which is crazy early, hope it's a good sign :)

Sounds good Luna, I hope it's a good sign! I'm 6dpo and no symptoms, I had nausea and slight cramps yesterday but they've both gone now. Looking back on my chart last cycle I had a lot of nausea and cramps after O, and I know people say its a good sign when things are different to an AF cycle, but I'm really convinced I'm out this month, I'm not even convinced I ovulated at all now. My temperature is down again today, and through my consultations with Dr Google I have now added to my concerns the fact that my temperatures are always below average normal temperature this cycle, even after suspected O.

I've made an appointment with my doctor tomorrow to discuss an unrelated issue, but while I'm there I think I'm going to mention my TTC concerns and see what the chances are of getting some day 21 blood tests done. I'm half expecting to get laughed out of the office as I've only been trying for 4 months, but tomorrow is conveniently my equivalent of CD21 so it would be great if they would do that while I'm there. I don't know if it's something they would do this early on or just for those who've been trying over a year, but it seems crazy that I'd have to wait that long to find out I could have a hormone issue that could be easily spotted and fixed now, rather than try aimlessly.

Natasha, how did you know you had PCOS?

Sounds good Luna, I hope it's a good sign! I'm 6dpo and no symptoms, I had nausea and slight cramps yesterday but they've both gone now. Looking back on my chart last cycle I had a lot of nausea and cramps after O, and I know people say its a good sign when things are different to an AF cycle, but I'm really convinced I'm out this month, I'm not even convinced I ovulated at all now. My temperature is down again today, and through my consultations with Dr Google I have now added to my concerns the fact that my temperatures are always below average normal temperature this cycle, even after suspected O.

I've made an appointment with my doctor tomorrow to discuss an unrelated issue, but while I'm there I think I'm going to mention my TTC concerns and see what the chances are of getting some day 21 blood tests done. I'm half expecting to get laughed out of the office as I've only been trying for 4 months, but tomorrow is conveniently my equivalent of CD21 so it would be great if they would do that while I'm there. I don't know if it's something they would do this early on or just for those who've been trying over a year, but it seems crazy that I'd have to wait that long to find out I could have a hormone issue that could be easily spotted and fixed now, rather than try aimlessly.

Natasha, how did you know you had PCOS?

Hey bubbles, it seems like a really sensible idea to chat to your doctor tomorrow and I don't see why they wouldnt do bloods for you. Surely they would want to check things out if you are raising concerns. Hope you get a sympathetic doc! xxx

Oh pbl I hope you're wrong :hugs:

Lou lots of people feel like af is about to arrive and then get their bfp!

7 dpo and my bbs are giant and sore, started around 4 dpo which is crazy early, hope it's a good sign :)

Thanks Luna, not out yet as you say... Will see what happens. Who knows with the symptoms

Bubbles I'd done some research and had quite a lot of the symptoms although I'm not really overweight. When I went to see the doctor I told him my concern was that I had pcos and not that we were TTC. This convinced him to test me and once diagnosed with pcos they referred us to the fs I think this meant we were referred a lot quicker than a couple who just said they were TTC. A lot of docs will say 2 years TTC is normal and if your a little overweight try to lose weight before they even consider any tests! How long we're you on BC for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->