TTC #1 and over 30

I got my progestrone test results back and everything is within normal ranges saying I ovulated. The dr has given me a choice to continue on the same course we're on (timed bd) or go on clomid to help produce a higher quality ovulation. Does anyone have experience with clomid that could give me some insight on if this is a good choice? I know the side effects are definitely something to be concerned about. And part of me is struggling with this because I haven't given up hope on this cycle yet.

Everyone is different and Clomid works for some great however it did not work for me...I have also ovulated on my own and was given Clomid...on it I ovulated twice with high progesterone...I have not been monitored on it beside 21 day progesterone level...I was one of those that developed cysts, never had them prior to taking Clomid... and my thyroid got messed up...I do not blame the doc because I would take it even with knowing all side effects because I was so desperate to have a baby...if you decide to get on it make sure they do u/s to make sure you do not have any cysts...however I hope you get your BFP this month so that you do not even have to make that choice...

Breezy it's so nice to see my old cycle buddy checking in :hugs:

I'm starting testing tomorrow :D

Thanks for the info, Sasha. I want to speak to the doctor again before deciding anything because it can be such a hard drug to be on and I am sensitive to hormones (never could handle BC well) which makes it even harder to judge how I would be. I certainly don't want to make DH mad right before I need him!!

And Breezy, I'm not sure when she would want the HSG test but I imagine it'll be soon.

Good luck luna! FX for you hun xxx

And you too baking, for Sunday xx

Who else is testing soon? Bubbles how many dpo are you?

Im pretty sure Lily was going to wait for af? Im struggling to keep up atm!!!

XX

Hey ladies,
Really busy this week and 3dayx of Paralympics for me now, long days and late nights!
14dpo today but still 2 days before AF due and my cycle was odd last month so waiting it out.

FX for everyone in the 2ww!

Thanks guys.

Breezy - doc told me to come in again when AF appears. Figure he will increase it but not sure.

Zee I was hoping they would give you something to start, I had really long cycles I completely feel your pain. They started forcing mine on after I started clomid at 35days I started prometrium, eventually they became shorter with the stronger dose of clomid. I'll keep check in on you, hopefully she will come soon so you can move onto the next cycle.

Luna You are very brave, can't wait until you see that :bfp: GL and lots and lots of :dust:

Baking I would def. have the HSG done before you start anything. My doctor wanted to start clomid before but I refused until I had that test done because I didn't want to take meds. for now reason. I would ask about Femera, it's not as popular however the risks are lower and it's made more for a stronger ovulation, from what my doc says. I hated bc too I haven't been on it in 10years.

Hope everyone is doing well, I'll be checking in a lot over the next few days waiting for all of you in the tww!

Sasha- I totally understand what your going through. Seeing people with kids and smoking around them or smoking when they are pregnant..and all i could think of is how do these people have kids and not give a shit about them and all i want is a healthy baby and I would never do anything to harm them. Crazy world it is!! Praying for you hun, it will happen!!! :hugs:

Baking- I just tried clomid for one month with an IUI though which I think is what did the trick for my :bfp: i would totally recommend it!! :hugs:

Thinking and praying for more :bfp:!

So the dr wants to see me tomorrow to discuss our options. It's feels really strange to talk about our options when this month isn't over yet! But it'll be nice to have a plan in place if we need to.

This isn't helping my tww stress!!!!!

Hey ladies, hope everyone is ok. I feel like I've been missing for a while as I'm finding things a bit confusing at the moment and don't want to burden your lovely thread with my troubles. I've probably only been gone a day since I last posted, just feels like a long time!

Luna & Baking - good luck, fingers crossed for you!

Lou - what do you do to be busy with the Paralympics if you don't mind me asking? I've been watching today, I can't believe those guys can ride a bike with one leg or arm, I struggle with all my limbs, very impressed! I hope AF stays away for you too.

Newbie - I should be 9dpo today, but FF took away my crosshairs this morning :cry:

I'd already considered myself out this cycle a while ago, but not feeling positive at all right now. My chart is absolute madness! FF seems convinced I've not even ovulated yet, although I'm still convinced it was CD22. I've had no signs of it since so I don't think it was just slightly delayed like some have suggested. It was either CD22 or just not happening at all, no idea what to think or if I'm in the TWW at all anymore.

I had a doctors appointment yesterday in relation to a separate matter, and while I was there I mentioned my chart and concerns, and asked if I could have a day 21 blood test at some point just to rule out any hormonal issues that could be easily sorted. She basically wasn't really listening to me and said she wouldn't do anything at all until I had been trying for over a year.

My friend who gave birth in July came to visit today with her baby boy, it was lovely to see them both but it was like 20 questions again about when I'm going to have a baby, so I felt I had to lie again about wanting to clear our debt first, and then she told me about a colleague who'd visited her and was asking about labour and pregnancy, who she suspected might be TTC but didn't want to ask as 'it's a bit rude and you don't know what people might be going through'...!!

Hope to see some BFPs from the rest of you soon! xx

Hi Ladies…just popping by to see how everyone is doing. I'm missing all of you over at Expecting! :hugs: FX you'll be there soon!
:dust:

Lily - your chart looks great. Nice little dip right on time for implantation :hugs:

Baking - so are you still planning on testing on Saturday? FX for you! :hugs: Chart looks good again…a bit different though right? And I hope all the planning with your doc is for nothing and ends up being a big waste of time!!!! :winkwink: But go do it as it will be nice to know you have a plan 'just in case'. :hugs:

Newbie - hang in there! :hugs:

Babysa - so glad you are back to TTC. Big hugs for what you've been through and best of luck in the near future! Hope to see you back at Expecting soon :hugs:

Lou - everything crossed for you!! Hope the :witch: stays away from you this time!!!!! Keep us posted. And good luck with the paralympics :hugs:

Big big hugs to Bubbles :hugs: I do hope your crosshairs come back!!!!!

Hi Ladies…just popping by to see how everyone is doing. I'm missing all of you over at Expecting! :hugs: FX you'll be there soon!

Lily - your chart looks great. Nice little dip right on time for implantation :hugs:

Baking - so are you still planning on testing on Saturday? FX for you! :hugs: Chart looks good again…a bit different though right? And I hope all the planning with your doc is for nothing and ends up being a big waste of time!!!! :winkwink: But go do it as it will be nice to know you have a plan 'just in case'. :hugs:

Newbie - hang in there! :hugs:

Babysa - so glad you are back to TTC. Big hugs for what you've been through and best of luck in the near future! Hope to see you back at Expecting soon :hugs:

Lou - everything crossed for you!! Hope the :witch: stays away from you this time!!!!! Keep us posted. And good luck with the paralympics :hugs:

Big big hugs to Bubbles :hugs: I do hope your crosshairs come back!!!!!

Yep, MrsChezek, my chart is a bit different this month, temps are pretty high this month. They are doing a back and forth from 98.4 to 98.1/98.2. So nice to see you checking in on us! :hugs:

:hugs: bubbles, some people are so insensitive! I guess I'm lucky that we've been saying we wouldn't have kids for so long nobody bothers to ask anymore :haha:

Baking your chart looks great :) my temps this month are a little lower than last month but it's also a much more reasonable temperature in our place now so hopefully that's all it is...

Checked my test from this morning as soon as I got home hoping for a surprise :blush: and nothing :(

Hi ladies in waiting!

Hope everyone is doing well. I've particularly been thinking a lot about my 2ww buddies Lou, baking, Luna, bubbles(?). Zee-where are you this cycle?

I'm trying not to read much into signs either way-it's too early to tell-no testing for me until at Least Wednesday of next week if not Friday. 1-year wedding anniversary this weekend-woot! Headed away for a mini celebration and to Paris in early October for the big celebration-hence my blasé attitude about ttc this month-no bfp will equal more freedom on that trip for sure!! But of course would be over the moon if it happens.

Xo to all-and mrs chezek, clarkey and breezy-so good to see you in here! Speaking of, pbl any updates?

Hey ladies slight temp drop this morning so think I may be out. Will see tomorrow. Have been busy going to the Paralympics, I don't have an exciting job there or anything but saw wheelchair basketball at the 02 and then went to the Olympic park yesterday. Today, I am off to the athletics and same tomorrow. Busy busy busy but so worth it!

FX for everyone in 2ww! Thanks so much for all the support guys, even if I am out it will spur me on for next cycle xx

Had a horrible night's sleep so today's temp is off. For some reason, I am having trouble staying asleep. :( Yet, I am so so tired when I get up.

TWW buddies, how's it going? Luna, Lily, Bubbles? Lou, I hope :witch:stays away from you!!! Did I miss anyone in the tww, it's hard to keep up sometimes! :)

Good luck Lou, hope your temp goes back up tomorrow :)

:hugs: baking, that's been happening to me a lot lately too

Well ff says I have a triphasic chart! Also today's temp is higher than my highest last cycle! Hope it's a good sign :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->