TTC #1 and over 30

Aw thanks :hugs:

I'm 31, super regular cycles, definitely ovulating, timed everything well every month, healthy weight, I eat well, exercise, etc, etc

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: for Luna and Lily. Lily, it looks like you timed things so that there's still some hope! I'll keep my FX for you!

And Luna and Twag, have you tried a B complex? It does seem to help folks lengthen luteal phases and decrease spotting.

Would anyone like a little schadenfreude in the morning? I went to the doc's today because I'm STILL bleeding. I came up + on the pregnancy test (just urine), and then had the pleasure of a 20 minute trans-vag U/S. Y'all haven't lived until you've had one! Short version is that the think the "pregnancy" has clung on as an ectopic. I'll go in tomorrow again to find out if I need surgery. Just in time for my 35th birthday!!!! :cry:

The only bright side is that I'm going to go into today to ask my Associate Dean if I can have a tenure clock stoppage. I'm betting they'll support it, although I'm sure I'll face a backlash from other people IF they get told the reason. Which I don't think I'll be sharing with many people. I'd been wavering on this, but this AM pushed it over the edge.

Luna I am 32 and you are far from too old to be a Mum :hugs: they say on average at our age it takes a year you will get there :hugs:

I have heard about B complex but I asked my DR about what I thought was short LP and they have said it is nothing to worry about so as my LP is pretty much standard 99.9% of the time I don't really want to take things to mess with it just now :thumbup:

So sorry PBL I hope it is not an eptopic and you are just one of the unluckly ones who bleeds through the pregnancy (my close friend had periods the whole way through both of her pregnancies and she has 2 healthy little boys) :hugs: and :dust:

Thanks, Twag, but this has never been a viable pregnancy. :nope:

:hugs: pbl

I was thinking of trying b6 but the thing is my average lp is still 12 days and I never spot before af...she just comes full on out of nowhere so I don't know that it's something I actually need.

I guess right now I'm just in this place where I don't know if we are just one of those couples that takes a little longer or if there's actually something wrong. I don't want to go through unnecessary testing but worry if there is something wrong we are just wasting time...ugh

Aww, I'm gone for a few days and there seems to be so much going on. I'm sorry that you're out, Luna. It seems really early since we usually are pretty close in cycles and I still have just under a week. I'm curious if your doc would see you after 12 cycles not for a full year since your cycles are shorter. Could be worth asking. And don't give up hope, it WILL happen for you. I just know it.

PBL, my heart goes out to you. I can't imagine how tough this is. :hugs:

Newbie, good luck catching that eggy!
Lily, I'm sorry that not charting messed up your bd schedule but now you know to start earlier. And remember it only takes one time to make a baby!!

I'm trying to find some positive for you all!

I found that not charting is great for me. I'm not stressed about bd'ing, temps, and cm. I just note what I see and enjoy this time with DH. It's also a bit easier now that we know our tests are normal and it's more than likely timing issues. But who knows, we shall see what happens.

xoxoxo

Hey girls :hi:

Not been on for a while, hope you're all ok. Looks like the thread could do with some major cheering up, virtual hugs and cupcakes for all! :hugs2:

Pbl - I'm so sorry to hear things are still so tough for you, what a terrible time you're having. I really hope things start to get better for you very soon.

Peoples - huge congrats on your BFP :yipee: we definitely needed it on the thread! Happy & healthy 9 months to you :thumbup:

Kmae - really sorry to hear about the cyst, hope it gets better very quickly :(

Twag & Luna - sorry you're out this cycle, fingers crossed for the next, and remember CD1 is the first day of your pregnancy on a BFP cycle, so here's hoping you're both a little bit preggers already! \\:D/
Don't give up hope Luna, you're definitely not too old to be a mum, but I know exactly what you mean as I have the same worries. I can't help but wonder if things would've been a lot easier if I'd started TTC in my twenties, but then I wouldn't have my home, my husband or my job, and wouldn't have been in a good position to bring a little one into the world. I also worry I'm wasting time which isn't a luxury I have anymore, which is why I'm finding my crazy long cycle so frustrating.

Newbie - fingers crossed for your TWW [-o<

Lily - sorry to hear you think you missed O, but O-2 is still good, remember it only takes one BD to make a baby, and a small chance is still a chance! :)

Baking - good to hear you're enoying not charting, hope it's a lucky cycle for you!

Hello to everyone I've missed, had a lot of catching up to do!

As for me, still in my crazy long cycle, but FF has stuck with the dashed crosshairs this time, I'm not convinced I O'd when it says, but am hoping it's right and that AF will show up in a couple of days. Can't believe I'm up to CD56! I'm trying to think positive though, and see it as one skipped AF and being in a new cycle, rather than just a really long crazy cycle! It might be totally wrong, but if AF does show tomorrow, it could actually mean I've had two 28 day cycles with the first one skipping AF, and be a bit closer to being back to normal if that makes any sense at all!

Luna - boo to AF! Maybe it'll be lucky number 10 next time! I know plenty of 30+ yo first-time mums! In fact I know of at least 4x 34 yo plus 1x 38 yo who are expecting #1 just off the top of my head!

Lily - oh no!! You never know, it just takes one...

Pbl - "schadenfreude" - Good one! Seriously I'm so sorry though. I've actually had a few intravaginal scans myself and it's a lot better than having a cervical smear *shudder*

Baking and Bubbles - good luck!

Hey Goldfish, good luck with your TWW! Been doing any symptom spotting?!

I already know there's no chance of a BFP for me, BD timing went way out the window with my cycle! But yet again I find myself looking forward to AF arriving! Crazy!

Thanks, ladies. It's been a pretty terrible day, as I had meetings and had to give a three hour lecture after this AM's news. I did get a chance to talk to the Associate Dean for Faculty Development (meaning that her job is helping me and other Assistant Professors do our jobs), and she was incredibly helpful and compassionate. She actually teaches the course on grief and loss, including "ambiguous loss" like miscarriage. I can't say I felt better after talking to her, but at least someone at work knows what's going on and can support me if I need to take time off or stop my clock.

Anyway, I don't recommend reading about ectopics. That shit is grim.

Bubbles, good to see you back, although I'm sad that you're still in the hellish cycle. Is there some "red line" date by which your doc will induce if you haven't gotten AF? I hope she comes soon!

Goldfish--seriously? You think smears are worse? Maybe the U/S tech at my place is just bad. Admittedly, she is looking everywhere on me, so that wand was really jabbing all over the place.

Luna, when will your doc commence testing? Agreed that the B6 probably isn't something you need.

:hugs: to all.

oh luna :hugs: honey xxx dont give up hun, twag is right, for some reason some of us just have to be more patient about ttc than others...but i am sure you will be a mummy and a great one at that.

& Lily did you say there was one bd in there hun? All it takes is one!!!

I have the worst cold/flu...work up with glands the size of golfballs in my throat on Sunday and have progressively gone downhill this week....wish i was curled up in bed instead of stuck at work!!!

baking I know we used to be so close in cycles, I think I was actually getting ahead of you until I had that weird 30 day cycle a while ago plus these last two have been on the shorter side of my normal...hopefully you'll get a bfp in about a week! :)

my doctor is willing to do the initial testing anytime but I think things work differently here than in other countries, the doctor will only do blood work and SA then everything else needs a referral to a fertility clinic and clinics don't take referrals until you have been trying for at least a year. So basically I could go have blood work done now which I'm quite sure will be fine or wait until closer to a year. Oh and I'm really not wanting to bring up doing an SA with hubby at this time....going to wait at least another month...sigh

pbl when will you find out if you need to have surgery? I really hope everything is ok :hugs:

oh pbl im so sorry to hear that hun, you poor thing :hugs: it has been such a tough monh for you i really hope things take a turn for the better really soon xx

Nice to see you baking, bubbles, goldfish :)

Who will be next to test then? Goldfish?

Hey Pbl, must've been hard talking about things, but it is good that someone knows so you can get appropriate support when you need it in a way, and it sounds like its someone who will be understanding.

I haven't been back to my doc, they were particularly unhelpful on my two visits to my new surgery. They did agree to do some 'Day 21 bloods' to look into things, although that was on CD42, and when I phoned for the results I was just told everything was normal and no further action required. I'm not sure how they can tell everything is normal, I thought they had to compare results at various stages in the cycle. I don't know how long they would think I should go before trying to induce AF, but I've read that UK GPs aren't particularly concerned until you've gone 6 months without, which sounds crazy to me. I'd like to leave it a bit longer just because I'm pretty sure my cycle is messed up from BCP, so I really want to avoid taking more pills and give myself the best chance to just get back to normal on my own. I think it looks from my chart like AF is on her way, and I've been getting a bit crampy, so hopefully she'll make an appearance in the next few days, if not I'll think about making another appointment with the unhelpful GPs!

bubbles that is crazy they didn't explain the blood results to you. As far as I know day 21 blood is to check whether or not you ovulated which seems like the pressing question for you right now. It's amazing that some doctors can be so...um I want to say unhelpful even though I don't think that's a word...oh well unhelpful it is

My doc only told me that my blood work was within normal range with all the tests. I had to ask to know what the progestrone level was.

Well, it looks like this thread just got hit with a shit bomb- WTH! We are due for a streak of good news.

Pbl :hugs: I'm so sorry that you have to go through this crap. I hope this nightmare passes soon and that you get your sticky BFP right away. It is good you found someone you can share with- I felt so alone when I had my m/c.:hugs:

Luna, so sorry that AF arrived, I hope this cycle is the one! I know how discouraging it can be, I've been trying for almost 23 months know (dreading the 2year mark). Please try to hang in there, it will be your turn soon!

Bubbles, Provera is known to help "jump start" your cycles again by assisting with regulating hormones- you may want to look into it if AF doesn't show up soon. I didn't have a cycle for 8 months after being on bfp for years and I think the Provera helped make my cycles a little less crazy.

To all you in the TWW and waiting to O :dust::dust::dust:

And your turn too hopefully kmae!!! Xxx

We need to see some bfp action here to cheer us all up!!!

Hey Goldfish, good luck with your TWW! Been doing any symptom spotting?!

I already know there's no chance of a BFP for me, BD timing went way out the window with my cycle! But yet again I find myself looking forward to AF arriving! Crazy!

Bubbles - no obvious symptoms this time. Got big dip today but had that before and no luck so who knows! Crazy that you're wishing for AF but I hope you get a more predictable cycle next time!

Pbl - poor you, your tech must've been rough. I admit my first US was a bit uncomfortable but I thinkit was because my endo was quite bad, ovaries stuck together with 2 huge cysts and other adhesions in my uterus etc.

Newbie - Take care of yourself and gets some rest when you can! I probably won't test till sunday (12dpo I think)

Hi to everyone else! :baby dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->