TTC #1 and over 30

Enjoy your holiday lily, we will miss you and pray we see you online posting a bfp!!! I don't think I'll be testing unless af doesn't show, I'm not feeling it or feeling anything like Poas....maybe I'm coming down with something....lol xx

Take care and have a ball! X

Lily I'm so excited for your trip! In fact I'm so excited by all you girls holiday plans I keep forgetting I'm going away myself next weekend, 11 days to go! Disappointed it won't be fertile time though and still worried my delayed AF might choose that delightful time to show her face after being away so long!

I don't think your advice is bad at all, I kind of don't really want to go to the docs now but it takes so long to get an appointment at my new docs sometimes that I thought it might be best to just go and see what they say just in case this crazy cycle does go on and on, so I have some idea how long I'm meant to just wait until they'll do something about it. Also DH is giving me a lift down (still not able to drive since broken ankle) and he's quite excited about maybe getting some answers, and seeing as he and my mum have jointly bullied me into getting the appointment in the first place it's probably easier to just go and keep them both happy!

I don't think I even want to mention my chart this time after the last couple of times the docs made me feel crazy, so I'll just discuss the long irregular cycle issue. I'm fully expecting to just be told to go away anyway, so then I can leave it a bit longer to see what happens, but I hav another pestering of the doc recorded for their future reference!

Bubbles you could at least have your Dr do a pee test instead of having to buy one yourself!

Ah good idea Luna! Although I think I'm only around 13dpo and heard the docs tests aren't very sensitive so doubt anything would show yet on the 0.00000001% chance there was a BFP in this cycle!

Well, DH came home last night and told me he can't get away from work next week. :( I know it's great that he's busy but I still feel sad. He said he could get away the week after but we'll see if that happens.

well that sucks baking, hopefully he'll get the next week off though!

I'm strongly encouraging mine to take Sunday off as there is a family event happening AND it should be my O day...we will see :)

Baking - hope hubby manages to get the week after sorted.
Yeah I went to the docs again today, waited an hour after my supposed appointment time to be seen, doc just said she didn't really know what was going on and that its normal to have crazy cycles after BCP and take a year or two to conceive. I really don't fancy waiting two years to conceive one when I'm nearly 31 now and DH wants 3 kids!

Doc said there's nothing to worry about when all my blood results came back as normal, she said I'm not menopausal and its unlikely I have PCOS etc from the results, although I thought you could only detect that by ultrasound... anyway she said she'd contact the endocrinologist for more info about the thyroid result even though it looked fine, and then give me a call. I missed the call by a couple of minutes, got a voicemail from the doc asking to call her and called straight back, but never heard back again.

Yeah I went to the docs again today, waited an hour after my supposed appointment time to be seen, doc just said she didn't really know what was going on and that its normal to have crazy cycles after BCP and take a year or two to conceive. I really don't fancy waiting two years to conceive one when I'm nearly 31 now and DH wants 3 kids!

Doc said there's nothing to worry about when all my blood results came back as normal, she said I'm not menopausal and its unlikely I have PCOS etc from the results, although I thought you could only detect that by ultrasound... anyway she said she'd contact the endocrinologist for more info about the thyroid result even though it looked fine, and then give me a call. I missed the call by a couple of minutes, got a voicemail from the doc asking to call her and called straight back, but never heard back again.

Actually you can detect pcos from bloodwork. If you were to take an ultrasound of my ovaries you would never know I have pcos. I have never had a cyst (weird, huh?) but my hormones are crazy which is why I was diagnosed with pcos. Plus, I have some uncomfortable and embarrassing symptoms that go along with it. Sometimes I think they lump all the hormonal problems as pcos because either they don't know what else to classify them as or don't want to take the time to figure it out. When my insurance kicks back in I am going to talk to my doctor and see if she can test me again to confirm if I actually do have pcos because of my lack of cysts or if it is something else. Plus I think my doctor at the time told me I have pcos to get me to stop coming to see her because I was in there all the time and wanted an explanation as to what was going on with my body.

Well, DH came home last night and told me he can't get away from work next week. :( I know it's great that he's busy but I still feel sad. He said he could get away the week after but we'll see if that happens.

Sorry Baking :(

Lily - happy packing!

Luna - enjoy the lead up to O day!

Newbie - good idea to wait till you're late, good luck!

Bubbles - good luck at the Dr! maybe you'll get to POAS there?!

Just found out hubby has to be away for work for a few days next week (possibly in my fertile phase, just before average O day). Poor guy is stressed because for the past few months he has been trying to fit his work travels around my potential O day even though it can vary from CD12 to CD18!

Ugh, bubbles, that doesn't sound too good. :dohh: Can they give you give something to bring on AF?

Bubbles - here are some thoughts I couldn't resist sharing. DH and I want at least 3 kids and I'll be 35 when this first one will (FX) be born. I always planned to start a family at 27!! So things are far from ideal, but we can make it happen. So don't stress about your age…relax and try to enjoy the process. There's plenty of time in reality even if not so much in ideality :hugs: Secondly, a girl on another thread was stuck in a long cycle like you and she even started drinking parsley leaf tea to try to induce AF and turned out that was her BFP cycle! So you just never know…and I hope this is the one for you :hugs:

I'm thinking of each and everyone of you each day and sending positive thoughts your way...hope we get another BFP soon! Speaking of which, has anyone heard from Peoples since she posted her news?

:hug: to all! xx

MrsChezek - thanks for sharing, it is appreciated!
Are you planning to start TTC again straight away once your little one arrives? I can't personally imagine myself coping with 3 kids, probably as I remember growing up watching my mum struggle with 3! I think I'd be happy with two. I just find myself reading so many sad stories on here of people who've struggled for years and had recurring losses, so it's hard to imagine things actually working out ok in the end, especially now I know things are not as easy as I'd hoped!

It's always nice to hear of others getting BFPs out of crazy long cycles, I doubt that will happen for me as there was a serious lack of BD going on, I just found out yesterday that DH thought I couldn't get pregnant without a period so he was saving himself for when it finally showed?!?! I stopped the parsley tea as my chart finally showed I possibly ovulated late, and I was only wanting to take that while it looked like a complete bust of a cycle which just needed AF to kick start things again. I just put in a positive OPK on FF when I think I ovulated, even though I had given up on them long before then, and it has shown solid crosshairs so will see if AF finally shows when she's due tomorrow. Of course I would be very pleased although completely shocked with a BFP, but will be happy just to see AF finally and try get things back on track.

How are things with you?

Actually you can detect pcos from bloodwork. If you were to take an ultrasound of my ovaries you would never know I have pcos. I have never had a cyst (weird, huh?) but my hormones are crazy which is why I was diagnosed with pcos. Plus, I have some uncomfortable and embarrassing symptoms that go along with it. Sometimes I think they lump all the hormonal problems as pcos because either they don't know what else to classify them as or don't want to take the time to figure it out. When my insurance kicks back in I am going to talk to my doctor and see if she can test me again to confirm if I actually do have pcos because of my lack of cysts or if it is something else. Plus I think my doctor at the time told me I have pcos to get me to stop coming to see her because I was in there all the time and wanted an explanation as to what was going on with my body.

Hey Gypsy,

Thanks for sharing this, although it does seem strange that you could have PCOS with no cysts, I've heard you can have cysts without the syndrome but not the other way round. Sounds like you really could do with a more understanding doctor and have things looked at again. It really bothers me how difficult it is to find a caring doctor who seems to know what they're doing these days!

MrsChezek - thanks for sharing, it is appreciated!
Are you planning to start TTC again straight away once your little one arrives? I can't personally imagine myself coping with 3 kids, probably as I remember growing up watching my mum struggle with 3! I think I'd be happy with two. I just find myself reading so many sad stories on here of people who've struggled for years and had recurring losses, so it's hard to imagine things actually working out ok in the end, especially now I know things are not as easy as I'd hoped!

It's always nice to hear of others getting BFPs out of crazy long cycles, I doubt that will happen for me as there was a serious lack of BD going on, I just found out yesterday that DH thought I couldn't get pregnant without a period so he was saving himself for when it finally showed?!?! I stopped the parsley tea as my chart finally showed I possibly ovulated late, and I was only wanting to take that while it looked like a complete bust of a cycle which just needed AF to kick start things again. I just put in a positive OPK on FF when I think I ovulated, even though I had given up on them long before then, and it has shown solid crosshairs so will see if AF finally shows when she's due tomorrow. Of course I would be very pleased although completely shocked with a BFP, but will be happy just to see AF finally and try get things back on track.

How are things with you?

FX for you for tomorrow then! Will you POAS if AF doesn't show? Then you can restart the parsley tea...then again, it only takes one sperm!!!! So you never know :happydance:

Yeah I've been debating this whole thing of timing out the next 2 babies :wacko: A part of me wants to just enjoy this first one without morning sickness etc so I might wait until (s)he turns one to start trying again then try for the subsequent ones with less spacing. But another part of me is worried about it taking 2+ years for the next one to happen and what if I wait to start and then it's too late to have a third! So I'm not sure yet...I'm definitely not going to try for at least 6 months cause I want them to be over a year apart.

And I'm feeling fine! Have a doc appt tomorrow to check in on things but my gender u/s isn't until 2 weeks from now...can't wait! Thank you for asking :hugs:

We have cousins who had a lot of trouble conceiving #1 so they started for #2 right away. They got pregnant very quickly, and ended up with TWINS. I think they're about 16 months apart. Can you imagine 3 children under the age of 2?!?!

But it's one way to get to 3 kids!

:baby: :baby: :baby:

MrsChezek - If AF doesn't show I think I'll POAS at the weekend. I will be really confused though, I knew she wasn't going to show for most of the cycle as my chart looked like I geared up to ovulate at the usual time (CD22), but it didn't happen, and my temps never went up so I knew it was very unlikely AF would show, I just didn't know how long the low temps would go on for without the cycle restarting itself. But now I finally do have elevated temps, I'd like to think AF will show after my usual LP of 15 days. But this may be a bit too optimistic!

Who knew this whole having babies thing would be so difficult?! The timing issue is a worry, I already wish I'd not left it so late to start trying, but then if I had started earlier I could've ended up being pregnant a lot sooner than I was ready. If it takes a long time for our first I will probably end up NTNP as I'm too scared to go back on BCP now, so things could end up happening far too quickly the next time round, it's a shame you can't just choose exactly when you want these little bundles to arrive! I had it in my head that I really wanted an Easter baby, so I didn't have to be pregnant through the warmer weather (not that we've even had any this year!), and by the time the warmer weather did arrive I could get out and about for walks with the newborn, and avoid struggling with a newborn during the bad winter weather, or being stuck in the house during my maternity leave. Now it's obviously got past the time I would be due around March/April, and is hurtling faster than I would like towards the December due date I really wanted to avoid!! I guess this baby will just show up as and when it feels like it and there's not a lot I can do about it!

Glad to hear things are going well for you, how exciting having a gender scan coming up! I take it you will be finding out? I always wanted a surprise but I know DH wouldn't wait, so who knows what will happen if and when we get to that stage!

Pbl - 3 kids under 2 sounds crazy, a real handful! I remember someone my mum knows having two very close together, and they both ended up in the same class at school as there was just under a year between them.

that does sound crazy pbl!

Although I reserve the right to change my mind I'll be happy with just one...

We have cousins who had a lot of trouble conceiving #1 so they started for #2 right away. They got pregnant very quickly, and ended up with TWINS. I think they're about 16 months apart. Can you imagine 3 children under the age of 2?!?!

But it's one way to get to 3 kids!

:baby: :baby: :baby:

My BIL and another good friend had the same thing happen to them! Took 2 years to conceive #1, got started right way for #2 and now they have kids super close in age (11 and 15 months apart)! You just never know I guess :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->