TTC #1 and over 30

Who knew this whole having babies thing would be so difficult?! The timing issue is a worry, I already wish I'd not left it so late to start trying, but then if I had started earlier I could've ended up being pregnant a lot sooner than I was ready. If it takes a long time for our first I will probably end up NTNP as I'm too scared to go back on BCP now, so things could end up happening far too quickly the next time round, it's a shame you can't just choose exactly when you want these little bundles to arrive! I had it in my head that I really wanted an Easter baby, so I didn't have to be pregnant through the warmer weather (not that we've even had any this year!), and by the time the warmer weather did arrive I could get out and about for walks with the newborn, and avoid struggling with a newborn during the bad winter weather, or being stuck in the house during my maternity leave. Now it's obviously got past the time I would be due around March/April, and is hurtling faster than I would like towards the December due date I really wanted to avoid!! I guess this baby will just show up as and when it feels like it and there's not a lot I can do about it!

Glad to hear things are going well for you, how exciting having a gender scan coming up! I take it you will be finding out? I always wanted a surprise but I know DH wouldn't wait, so who knows what will happen if and when we get to that stage!

You will get to that stage!!! :hugs: We're totally finding out...but not instantly - going to have the tech write it in an envelope and we're trying to figure out our reveal strategy :happydance:

I wanted a spring/summer baby...so due date of April-August. Instead, I'm having a mid winter baby! However, my bday is 2.28 and my mom is 2.27 and her mom was 2.24 so I always joked around about timing my babies so at least one falls in line around those dates. Now, without actual planning, if LO is early, the joke will be reality!!! It's all crazy :flower: In the end, I just want a healthy baby asap. And I hope you join me soon!!!! FX

My bff just had her little girl this afternoon. I get to hold the baby soon. Hoping the baby will give me good mojo on my own babymaking adventure.

Tears of joy.

Good luck Luna on catching that eggy soon! :hugs:

And to everyone else close to o'ing or in the tww! I can't keep up with all the cycles anymore. :)

Who knew this whole having babies thing would be so difficult?! The timing issue is a worry, I already wish I'd not left it so late to start trying, but then if I had started earlier I could've ended up being pregnant a lot sooner than I was ready. If it takes a long time for our first I will probably end up NTNP as I'm too scared to go back on BCP now, so things could end up happening far too quickly the next time round, it's a shame you can't just choose exactly when you want these little bundles to arrive! I had it in my head that I really wanted an Easter baby, so I didn't have to be pregnant through the warmer weather (not that we've even had any this year!), and by the time the warmer weather did arrive I could get out and about for walks with the newborn, and avoid struggling with a newborn during the bad winter weather, or being stuck in the house during my maternity leave. Now it's obviously got past the time I would be due around March/April, and is hurtling faster than I would like towards the December due date I really wanted to avoid!! I guess this baby will just show up as and when it feels like it and there's not a lot I can do about it!

Glad to hear things are going well for you, how exciting having a gender scan coming up! I take it you will be finding out? I always wanted a surprise but I know DH wouldn't wait, so who knows what will happen if and when we get to that stage!

You will get to that stage!!! :hugs: We're totally finding out...but not instantly - going to have the tech write it in an envelope and we're trying to figure out our reveal strategy :happydance:

I wanted a spring/summer baby...so due date of April-August. Instead, I'm having a mid winter baby! However, my bday is 2.28 and my mom is 2.27 and her mom was 2.24 so I always joked around about timing my babies so at least one falls in line around those dates. Now, without actual planning, if LO is early, the joke will be reality!!! It's all crazy :flower: In the end, I just want a healthy baby asap. And I hope you join me soon!!!! FX

How funny, MrsChezek, I wanted a mid-winter or spring baby and if we are lucky this cycle we're looking at July for edd. My sis-in-law, my dad, my bff's little girl, and my birthday are all in July. Why not add one more, right? ;)

I'm guessing people are all in the waiting stages, as this is a seriously quiet thread right now!

Congrats to your friend, baking! Wasn't it this thread some time ago that discussed how being around newborns supposedly makes women more fertile? Go cuddle that baby!

Bubbles, it looks like the end might be near????

AFM, I had good decline on my first HCG test following the metho thread, and am waiting for the second. It supposedly takes 4-8 weeks to get to 0, and that's how long I have to wait before I can TTC again.

:coffee: yes, yes, and :wine:

That's good to hear pbl. I am glad you don't have to have surgery.

Afm I finished my month long AF, I noticed these past two cycles I had two months off and a month log AF, maybe I am on some kind of weird schedule, I don't know. I am temping again this cycle and am going to monitor my cm as well. I would try to check my cp but I can't find it when I check.

Gl to those waiting to o or test! :dust:

I'm guessing people are all in the waiting stages, as this is a seriously quiet thread right now!

Congrats to your friend, baking! Wasn't it this thread some time ago that discussed how being around newborns supposedly makes women more fertile? Go cuddle that baby!

Bubbles, it looks like the end might be near????

AFM, I had good decline on my first HCG test following the metho thread, and am waiting for the second. It supposedly takes 4-8 weeks to get to 0, and that's how long I have to wait before I can TTC again.

:coffee: yes, yes, and :wine:

Good news that you won't have to have surgery, pbl! One of my old co-workers just announced her pregnancy on fb after a dnc in March so I hope that gives you some hope. I don't know how far along she was when she lost the baby but I have a few friends who have had miscarriages and go on to have healthy babies.

I cuddled that baby as much as I could tonight and told my friend that I'm coming over as much as possible to cuddle and get some good juju from the baby. :) It's her second girl so she's more than willing to have the help. :)

Well I am not even sure where to start and how with this email. Still little in shock. last time I wrote I was told that I have cysts, messed up thyroid and my egg supply was depleting fast and was told if cysts are not gone then I will have to go on BC so I was scheduled for next appointment which is today. By the way my last period was on 8-22-2012. So while I was there doc comes in and tells me that we needed to start thinking about IVF or donor eggs or donor embryo because apparently my blood work was so screwed up and I was losing eggs fast. He also said that I probably did not start my period because I am pre-menopausal. Whole time he is talking he is doing vaginal ultrasound and then he said wait a minute you are PREGNANT...WHAT!!! I got to see a heartbeat and he thinks I am about 5 weeks and few days. I got my blood work done and have to go back in two weeks for ultrasound where he will be able to tell me more about time and EDD. Instead of BC I got progesterone pills. I have also taken a pregnancy test when I got home because I have never had BFP and I have bought one that says pregnant. I know it is still early but he said that after he sees a heart beat chances of miscarriage are lower but it can happen. I guess I am not going to worry about that. I am going to enjoy it. I did not take a test because I did not feel any different and since on Clomid my cycles were messed up anyway and honestly did not want to see BFN. I had cramps like AF was coming but she never came.

Well I am not even sure where to start and how with this email. Still little in shock. last time I wrote I was told that I have cysts, messed up thyroid and my egg supply was depleting fast and was told if cysts are not gone then I will have to go on BC so I was scheduled for next appointment which is today. By the way my last period was on 8-22-2012. So while I was there doc comes in and tells me that we needed to start thinking about IVF or donor eggs or donor embryo because apparently my blood work was so screwed up and I was losing eggs fast. He also said that I probably did not start my period because I am pre-menopausal. Whole time he is talking he is doing vaginal ultrasound and then he said wait a minute you are PREGNANT...WHAT!!! I got to see a heartbeat and he thinks I am about 5 weeks and few days. I got my blood work done and have to go back in two weeks for ultrasound where he will be able to tell me more about time and EDD. Instead of BC I got progesterone pills. I have also taken a pregnancy test when I got home because I have never had BFP and I have bought one that says pregnant. I know it is still early but he said that after he sees a heart beat chances of miscarriage are lower but it can happen. I guess I am not going to worry about that. I am going to enjoy it. I did not take a test because I did not feel any different and since on Clomid my cycles were messed up anyway and honestly did not want to see BFN. I had cramps like AF was coming but she never came.

Wow, sasha! congrats!!

That is amazing!!! Very happy for you!!!

Can I get a drum roll please ladies....

After almost 10 long crazy weeks, AF finally came to visit me! So excited! I was looking forward to my more normal looking chart, although the blank one already goes up to 51 days, I hope it doesn't go that far this time!

The excitement was slightly short lived though, as I spoke to my GP who said she has spoken to the endocrinology department at the hospital where I gave the two blood samples. She said that although all the test results were in the normal range, there were two results borderline, one was for PCOS and one for thyroid disorder. She has booked me in for a third lot of blood tests and an ultrasound scan. At first I was devastated to hear this after already having two rounds of blood tests and being told all results were normal and no further action required. Tears and everything at the thought of now finding out I may have PCOS when I've never really had any symptoms of it, and always had regular cycles until I came to TTC. Trying to stay positive though, as there's no point worrying about it all until I get more results back I suppose.

Hope you guys are all doing good and having a great weekend xx

:hugs: bubbles. At least now you can hopefully get more answers and start treatment if needed.

:hugs: bubbles...I can honestly say I know how you feel because my last appointment was all bad news...I think RE was shocked as well that I was pregnant since my blood work was so screwed up...hope you get better news..

AFM...Still in schock as I have given hope...Thank you all for good wishes. I know I never wrote much but I sure read and I felt support...this site is what keeps me sane...BABY DUST TO ALL...

Congrats Sasha!!! How exciting :happydance: And what a crazy way to find out!! H&H 9 mos and hope to see you on the Expecting thread (link in my sig below).

bubbles - Sorry about the bloodwork news :hugs: I do hope further research leads to happy news for you. Either way, at least you're getting help and answers are around the corner. And congrats on a fresh start!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->