TTC #1 and over 30

Hi all! I'm new to this thread and ttc. My husband is 40 and I'm 31. I stopped birth control in August and we used other forms of protection the past two months. I just finish my period so now we are officially ttc! My cycle is a bit unpredictable right now: 36 days August/September and 27 days September/October. I'm super excited about the getting pregnant and becoming a mom, but I'm also nervous. Totally normal, right?!? I hope to meet a few ladies to go through this adventure with! Lots of baby dust :)
Welcome :)

I was super nervous/excited at first too! Now I'm just impatient :dohh:

I haven't been to the doc because I don't have insurance until my lovely OH puts me on his beginning of the year. When I had my cycle going into June I was convinced that I was pregnant until I started spotting on June 1st, because of all of the symptoms I had, even though I had seen nothing but bfn's. I wouldn't be surprised if I had a mc or a chemical that didn't show up on the tests for some reason. These past two periods I had have been quite a bit worse than anything I have experienced before to the point that I spend all day in bed and have to get pads almost the size of diapers just to keep from making a mess all over the place. Another thing I thought was odd that I have never experienced before is that I could not get a tampon to go in. It was as if my cervix was so low that they just wouldn't fit. I had to stop wearing them because thy were not far enough up in not to be uncomfortable and sticking part way out. It was not fun. I wonder if I did indeed have a mc.

Oh, Gypsy, that sounds awful! I can't believe people in our stupid country can't get medical attention because of a lack of health care. :grr: :grr: :grr: Sorry you're having to deal with this. :hugs:

And welcome, CLN! :hi: I'm with Luna on diminished excitement, but for different reasons. The whole process was very exciting until I had a miscarriage. Now it's not a lot of fun, just scary and emotionally difficult. But I think the goal is still worth it. :baby:

I could get medical attention, it would just cost an arm and a leg, and I already have about $6,000 in doctor bills still to pay that my insurance at the time didn't cover when I had my gall bladder out. My doctor bills are actually the only thing keeping me from buying a house because even though I applied for financial assistance they sent me to collections so they are on my credit. I would pay them if I had a random $6,000 laying around. Sometimes I think our healthcare system is so messed up.

I have looked into getting private insurance but the insurance companies want me to pay $250 a month to have a $10,000 deductible, which is what I have to pay before the insurance will pay anything. I can't get government insurance either because I don't have any kids. If I was pregnant I would be able to get government insurance with no problem.

One of two things will happen by the first of the year to get me insurance. I will either get pregnant (fx!!!) or OH will put me on his because they are one of the few companies that I have seen that lets you put someone on your insurance if you are not married.

Hi ladies!

Newbie - sorry the witch got you, and good luck with your tests, fingers crossed you won't need them though and this is your lucky cycle! Is it standard practice where you are to test after 6 months as it's still early days if you're not aware of any issues and your cycle is regular, I know it feels like forever though when TTC!

Luna - Looks like a nice pre-O dip today? Good luck catching that egg!

Zeez - huge congrats to you on your BFP! Happy & healthy 9 months to you!

Tink - sorry that horrid witch got you too, good luck for this cycle!

Baking - how lovely having a newborn to cuddle! Hope the vibes are working some magic for you!

Pbl - I'll take the congrats thanks! Although it might be nice to actually be annoyed to see the witch rather than relieved and slightly excited! Hope you're doing ok, any further news on your situation?

CLN - hi and welcome! xx

Gypsy - sounds like you're having a bit of a rough time, hope it's not too long til you can at least get the insurance thing sorted out. Hugs to you x

AFM - still trying to keep positive over here! I was at fracture clinic with my ankle injury yesterday, 5 months now since I broke it. They keep putting off surgey and coming up with other potential options, I had the results back from an MRI scan showing there is still quite a bit of soft tissue damage, so they decided to give me a steroid injection straight into the most painful part. Ouchie! I actually swore out loud, was not expecting it to hurt so much! And then straight next door after that to give a blood sample for the third lot of tests, it's a good job I'm not scared of needles, although it's not a pleasant experience! So now just waiting for those results and for my scan appointment to come through. Not ideal to have those on my mind when I go on holiday in a few days, but there you go. I know it's not the end of the world if the scan does show PCOS, but I just find it difficult when I've never had any symptoms of it, and have no family history etc. I've been reading up on it but main treatments seem to be losing weight which I can't do as I'm closer to underweight if anything, and Metformin which is mentioned a lot is probably not an option either as my diabetes/insulin related tests all came back fine.

Sorry to anyone I missed, hope you're all well xx

Bubbles - I hope that all of your tests come back ok and that long cycle was just a fluke. Keep us posted! :flower:

I would swear I o'ed on Sunday but my temp dipped today...hubby has been informed he has another day of :sex: just in case

I know I said I was going to take it easy this cycle but it is so hard to do when my temps look like they do. Provided my temp stays high tomorrow, ff will give me solid crosshairs for the first time ever on Monday! I am so excited! I bd'd the day before and the day after too, so I think that "if" I o'd on Monday I have an excellent chance this month! Admittedly, I was a bit sad when my temp dipped Monday but when I got odd pains from why felt like both of my ovaries and the ewcm and temp going back up I got super excited! I have cut out drinking pop and upped my exercise in an effort to lose a bit of weight, and started drinking one glass of green tea with honey per day (yuck I hate tea but whatever it takes, right?) and maybe that is just what my body needed to get jump started. :happydance:

If ff is right then I am 2dpo today. I am planning on testing on October 20th and again on the 22nd. That is 12dpo and 14dpo for me. Fortunately I have plenty to keep me busy during my tww because of my finals for school.

:dust: to anyone waiting to o or test!

Oooh buckets of good luck and extra sticky babydust for Luna & Gypsy! Xx

I have solid crosshairs. I don't know what to think right now I am so happy!

Ah bless you gypsy, yay for solid crosshairs! I'm right there with you coz that is still very exciting for me right now, followed close second by positive OPKs, and third by AF actually arriving!

Last month... Er cycle (in July) I had dotted crosshairs but ff took em away when my cycle lasted forever. Now I have crosshairs and they are solid. I wonder if all this time I just haven't known when I would o so not getting pregnant was a timing issue. Either that or everything I am doing right now jump started something. Either way I am super excited! :happydance:

Hi Ladies,

Very excited for you, Gypsy and Bubbles! Keep us posted!

AFM, I'm doing something new. I'm still waiting for my HCG levels to go down to zero, and I decided to do a week long cleanse during this time. I've created a journal for this process. Who knows, maybe I'll even keep it up as a TTCAL journal. Anyway, I'm not sure if any of you lovely ladies has expertise on this, but I thought I'd link to the journal just in case:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...x-cleanse-preparation-ttcal.html#post22062587

:hugs: to all!

Nice one gypsy, it is good seeing those solid lines after long crazy cycles! I get so excited about stuff like that, I can't imagine what I'd be like if I ever actually had a BFP! Good luck, hope this is the lucky cycle for you, or if not that it's the start of normality for you!

Pbl - good luck with the journal, that and the cleanse sounds like a good idea, hope all goes well! I keep thinking about starting a TTC journal, but I thought mine would not have much interesting stuff in it for anyone else to read seeing as I seem to spend so much time just waiting and wondering what's going on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->