TTC #1 and over 30

Really sorry baking :(

Hey Gypsy, hope things become clear with your cycle, it's so frustrating not knowing what's happening! I got my positive OPK and managed to get plenty of BD in, now DH is convinced we did a great job and all his hard work is done for another month or so, but my chart shows I haven't even ovulated yet, so looks like another long unpredictable one for me! Really hoped last cycle was just a one off. Think I've just about managed to explain to DH and persuade him we need to keep it up every 2-3 days, but that could be for another 3 weeks or more still if last cycle was anything to go by!

Oh baking i am so sorry hun :hugs: xx

Gypsy im sorry your chart is super confusing again, tho now there are cross hairs i really hope you have caught the egg!

Bubbles same for you hun, hopefully you will start to make sense of yours really soon hun x

Thanks Newbie. I find it frustrating when I read about how even with a healthy couple, regular cycles and perfect timing, there's only around a 20% chance of conception each cycle. So that must mean for me with my crazy cycles, usually shocking timing and being the wrong side of 30 that my chances are around zero currently! It's all the not knowing that gets me down, I'd be able to just relax if only I just knew that I will get pregnant one day. It's so hard when us girls seem to try really hard and what we want feels so out of reach, yet at times we're surrounded by people who seem to get it so easily. I keep wondering if I should just drink heavily, eat badly and not look after myself at all, that seems to be the way to get pregnant without even trying!

Anyway that turned into a bit of an unexpected rant, sorry! How are things you, are you planning to test soon?

Rant away bubbles! Thats what we're here for :)

Nah, dont think im going to bother testing, im pretty sure i o'd much later than my cbfm seems to have ff thinking, in which case there was zero bd around o time!!! So i'll save the frer's for next cycle i think!!!

I find it frustrating too, i have people dropping like pregnant flies all around me at the moment!!!!! Babies babies babies....my turn please!!!

I hear ya! :)

Some days I really don't know how I hold it together when people ask me 'when are you going to have a baby', I really can't believe so many people think it's ok to ask something so personal, especially when it's mainly colleagues not even close family or friends. It usually seems to be women who've conceived easily themselves though so I guess they don't know what it's like for someone who it doesn't come so easy for. I really thought it would've all died down now it's over 5 months since my wedding, but it's still every day I get asked, sometimes several times, and my 'we haven't thought about it yet/we want to clear the wedding debt first/we want to enjoy time together first/we're not ready yet' lies I have to keep palming people off with are starting to get really annoying! I just want to yell at them sometimes 'you're guess is as good as mine' or 'you'll know when I'm having a baby, I'll be the one with the massive belly, or someone I chose to tell my personal business will let you know!'

Oh dear there's another rant! Didn't even think I was wound up about it today!

Gosh i understand bubbles. I dont think that those who fall pregnant by accident or on first/second go etc have any idea of the struggles that people can go through - i know its not something i thought about until it hasnt happened for us!

Certainly is a very insensitive thing to say - i find it the worst when its someone who has just fallen pregnant (on first go) and then they say the 'when are you having a baby, being pregnant is amazing' blah blah blah GRRRR!

Baking - so sorry about AF and good luck for the hsg!

Bubbles, newbie - know what you mean!! Today I found out yet another friend (well, his wife) is pregnant with #2! When I hear about #2 it just really hurts!

I'm not even sure what dpo I'm on today because FF moved my crosshairs again - so i could be either 13dpo (expecting AF tomorrow) or 10dpo. I can't bear to test this cycle as I don't have a good feeling at all :(

Hey goldfish, hope AF stays away for you, fingers crossed.
#2 is hard to hear about, it doesn't seem that long ago I suddenly found I was at the age where I had a lot of friends and family announcing they were expecting their first, now I seem to have a surge all expecting #2, mostly younger than me, while I can't even get pregnant with my first. Just got I keep believing it is our turn soon girls!
I've even started thinking crazy things, like I can't get pregnant coz subconsciously I'm worried too much about our wedding debt, house needing a few little things doing still, and my ankle injury possibly needing surgery in the future, and it's because of all of these that I actually can't get pregnant!

Thanks Newbie. I find it frustrating when I read about how even with a healthy couple, regular cycles and perfect timing, there's only around a 20% chance of conception each cycle. So that must mean for me with my crazy cycles, usually shocking timing and being the wrong side of 30 that my chances are around zero currently! It's all the not knowing that gets me down, I'd be able to just relax if only I just knew that I will get pregnant one day. It's so hard when us girls seem to try really hard and what we want feels so out of reach, yet at times we're surrounded by people who seem to get it so easily. I keep wondering if I should just drink heavily, eat badly and not look after myself at all, that seems to be the way to get pregnant without even trying!

Anyway that turned into a bit of an unexpected rant, sorry! How are things you, are you planning to test soon?

That's a depressing statistic. :( And I completely understand the wondering if drinking heavily, eating badly, and not exercising would help. It seems to work for the people I know.
I constantly hear I got knocked up by accident - even by people in my own family! All I want in life is to be knocked up, is that too much to ask?
Maybe the HSG will help our chances. The nurse did tell me there it can increase your fertility odds.

Goldfish, I looked at your chart and I think you o'ed on day 19. For what my humble opinion is worth. :) I hope the :witch: stays away!

Hang in there ladies!! Almost all of my friends who are married or in long-term relationships seem to have kids now. I no longer know anyone who has been married longer than us who are still childless, and many are now on #2 as well. Although sometimes it upsets me, sometimes it actually gives me a lot of hope that it will eventually happen for us too, just not now.

I've just spent the last 30 minutes looking through FF pregnancy charts looking at erratic temps, low post-O temps, implantation dips etc - if only people knew what this TTC stuff does to us!!

Baking - I've read a few stories of people getting their BFP after an HSG, so hopefully that's you too.

That's what I'll be hoping! Although, right now it's causing me some anxiety because I'm not sure what to expect.

Baking don't worry. From people I know who have had one it's uncomfortable but not a big deal. Take some ibuprophen beforehand and bring a pad as the dye will leak out throughout the day after.
I have seen lots of people get their bfp in the few cycles after an hsg, that's the main reason I'm really looking forward to January right now :)

:hugs: to everyone who's having a hard time right now

Baking don't worry. From people I know who have had one it's uncomfortable but not a big deal. Take some ibuprophen beforehand and bring a pad as the dye will leak out throughout the day after.
I have seen lots of people get their bfp in the few cycles after an hsg, that's the main reason I'm really looking forward to January right now :)

:hugs: to everyone who's having a hard time right now

Thanks, Luna! I will remember that on Friday. :hugs:

Baking- i had a HSG done in May. I told her that I did get bad period cramping so to be gentle. She was very nice and went slow. I was really nervous but only felt slight cramping in my ovaries. I did take advil prior to the test. Just explain to them your nervousness and ask them to be gentle. :hugs: Pray this will fix everything!!

i hope this is it for you Goldfish!! xo

:hugs: newbie and bubbles! :dust:

Baking- i had a HSG done in May. I told her that I did get bad period cramping so to be gentle. She was very nice and went slow. I was really nervous but only felt slight cramping in my ovaries. I did take advil prior to the test. Just explain to them your nervousness and ask them to be gentle. :hugs: Pray this will fix everything!!

i hope this is it for you Goldfish!! xo

:hugs: newbie and bubbles! :dust:

Thanks, clarkey! That really advice really helped eased some of my nerves. I read that no one can be with you for the test and that's kinda got me nervous that DH can't be there to hold my hand. But I will take some advil and tell her to go slow and hope that this helps get that elusive bfp!

Good luck with it baking, I've read many stories during my time TTC of successes soon after the HSG, although it sounds like an unpleasant experience I'd quite like to have one to get those odds myself! Even if they don't find anything major, sometimes just the dye going through your tubes can remove any tiny blockages that could've been holding things up, sounds good to me! I have my fingers crossed you're the next HSG success story! :)

Newbie, how are you doing? I see you're close to the end of your cycle. Do you think you'll test anytime soon? :hugs:

I'm not too bad thanks baking, im pretty sure we missed the egg this cycle as I was away for some of it, so not gonna test this time, and just wait for the witch!! I'm not sure when I ov tbh! But I think ff probably has it out by a day or two, so the witch will be here soon I think!

I got some bad news about a death in the family last night, so dm trying to see what I can get organised to get there for the funeral :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->