TTC #1 and over 30

I broke down and tested... got a :bfn: but I still feel funny, not how I usually feel before af.
I'm going to wait a few more days and test again if the :witch: hasn't show yet.

Oooh I hope your funny feeling is right and you get your :bfp:

Hi everyone,

sorry I went off grid but I stupidly decided to test yesderday (12 dpo) and got a BFN. I took it suprisingly hard and just couldn't think about anything ttc.

doing much better today and I see I missed quite a bit.

Hello and welcome to all the new members. This really is a wonderful supportive thread but hopefully you won't need to be here long.

so sorry to hear about the other BFNs. Hoping we get a BFP in this thread to cheer us up

Symtom spotters - lol, i've never felt so many different AF and preg symtoms before. Yesterday I was naseous all day and couldn't eat anything but fruit. This never happens to me even with a tummy bug.

There are so many preggie ladies around me including my 2 best friends but both struggled to conceive and suffered a mc with their first pregnancy so they are really sensitive about it even though they don't know i'm ttc yet.

Lots of babydust for this Mothersday weekend. Anyone testing before Sunday?

:hugs: Sorry about your BFN Zeez but hoping af still stays away. Your symptoms definitely sounds promising.

Welcome Luna and Blue! Happy to have you join us.

And the bad news and tears begin again. Started provera last night because the :witch: is not coming on her own :shrug: and :bfn: So for now I will hang out and wait for her to show because I know at any minute she is coming :cry:

On another note....at least I have this weekend to look forward to with so many of you ladies testing! :dust:

Here we go again..........month 26 of ttc :dohh:

Keep your head up, breezy! :flower: We're all here for you! :hugs2: I agree, I'm only on cd3 and I'm so excited for all that are testing this weekend! We need some :bfp: in thread ASAP!

I'm starting Clomid tonight (50mg) - sort of nervous to see what I feel like, but I know that this is the next step! :thumbup:

Too bad my cycles are soooo long or we would be on the same schedule again, we are still close though. I think I'll be starting CD1 today. I sure feel like it!
Good luck w/ clomid! I start round 5 in a few days. Do you use preseed? I've needed it being on clomid.

Thanks! I do have preseed...last month was our first month using it. I've heard that clomid can dry up your mucus, so I'll be drinking green tea until ovulation! I've heard it helps! I've also heard through the grapevine that mucinex (guaifenisin) can really up your cm around ovulation. I'm SO not excited about taking medicine though :shrug: But...I'm thinking positive about next month!

I am doing all of those same things, last month the musinex worked great. I'm not a pill taker but at this point I will try just about anything. I'm on CD2 today so we will be testing around the same time again. FX'd for us

Hi SignoraL :) I love the fact that you're trying the holistic approach, AND that it seems to be working for you in terms of your hormone levels. I do the same - supplements (including fish oils/omega 3s and CoQ10), yoga, and a diet with LOTS of fruits and veg and low in sugars (although I will admit to the occasional ice cream). It's so nice to get the feedback that it's working for you and very inspiring to me in my weak moments of wanting to shove junk in my face.

What kind of yoga do you do? There's a great yoga DVD that I found called "Restoring Fertility" that has a different series for each part of the cycle, and incorporates some kundalini yoga and acupressure points. It really seems to work and I get a stronger ovulation the months that I do it religiously.

Welcome and :dust:

Thanks, GreenOrchid (and all of the other ladies for the nice welcome)! I do vinyasa, which is what is offered at our gym. Do you know where I could find that DVD? I know there's one out there by some actress and I was debating on whether to buy, but we're trying to conserve our cash when we can and this one was a little more expensive. DH and I opened up a new savings account just in case we need to do IVF (and if not, it's just a baby fund!)

Well Ladies, I am currently experiencing twingy cramps on the left-center part of my uterus and have some pinkish CM. This is either implantation time or AF is soon to follow. And I am in a kickback, mellow mood. Maybe the chips fall where they may! This is God's plan, not mine. (FX'd all the same. Haha)

Hope this is it for you! FX-ed!

Hi SignoraL :) I love the fact that you're trying the holistic approach, AND that it seems to be working for you in terms of your hormone levels. I do the same - supplements (including fish oils/omega 3s and CoQ10), yoga, and a diet with LOTS of fruits and veg and low in sugars (although I will admit to the occasional ice cream). It's so nice to get the feedback that it's working for you and very inspiring to me in my weak moments of wanting to shove junk in my face.

What kind of yoga do you do? There's a great yoga DVD that I found called "Restoring Fertility" that has a different series for each part of the cycle, and incorporates some kundalini yoga and acupressure points. It really seems to work and I get a stronger ovulation the months that I do it religiously.

Welcome and :dust:

Thanks, GreenOrchid (and all of the other ladies for the nice welcome)! I do vinyasa, which is what is offered at our gym. Do you know where I could find that DVD? I know there's one out there by some actress and I was debating on whether to buy, but we're trying to conserve our cash when we can and this one was a little more expensive. DH and I opened up a new savings account just in case we need to do IVF (and if not, it's just a baby fund!)

I totally know what you mean about conserving cash...we haven't started any fertility testing/procedures yet, but plan to if nothing happens in the next two months, and I'm already after the hubby to rein in our spending in case we ever need to do IVF or decide to adopt. Unfortunately I don't think he gets it yet :nope:

If you search "Restoring Fertility Yoga DVD" on Amazon it will come up as the first result. It's pricey - $40 - but for me it has been well worth it. It's a bit more mellow and different then the usual vinyasa classes that I'm used to. You can see a sample on their website restoringfertility.com. I don't know if it's for everybody, but just wanted to suggest because it's helped me.

I hope your new bank account just ends up being a baby fund and you get your bfp soon!

Hi girls! Sorry I haven't been here but it's been a crazy busy week and I'm about to jet out the door for another PT session which involves 3 hour drive round trip. Augh. Last one is on Monday and hopefully they won't extend my treatment!!! I hate losing 4 hours each day. I also spent all morning yesterday at the DMV getting my new license and registration (moved to a new state a month ago). I feel like all my time has been taken away from me!!

I still haven't O'ed and my temp seems to be stuck at 97.3 - I'm almost starting to feel like my thermometer broke!!!! :haha: I've never seen it so steady but then again this is my first time temping at the same time each day. So who knows! :shrug:

OK, I really hope to catch up on all of you (SO MANY PAGES!! LOVE IT) and post more tonight or tomorrow morning. I have a shoot tomorrow evening I have to prep for too so hopefully I can come by for at least a bit (I'm a photographer in case I haven't mentioned it). Miss you all!!!!!!

BIG HUGS to those who need it and lots of baby dust to all!
:dust: :baby: :dust:

MrsChezek, I wouldn't worry about the thermometer not moving. Mine tends to be pretty steady before O as well. Good luck!!

I know this post may be controversial, but I feel like I need to vent. I thought this was hormones, but I think my brain caught up to my heart lol. I'm almost hoping for a BFN this month. I think my husband and I were using ttc as a band aid fix (or I was) for a marriage that is not working. I'm tired of being put down and controlled by him. So pending the results I get this weekend, I;m going to leave him. I'm aware that children do not make a relationship better, but put more stress on it. I probably shouldn't write this on here, but I'm going to take myself off babyandbump Sunday after testing. I would still be over joyed if I got my bfp and would love the baby more than anything and try to work some stuff out, but in the event the :witch: shows, I'm out and moving on with my life the way I want to. :winkwink:
Good luck ladies and fx for Mother's Day!!

I know this post may be controversial, but I feel like I need to vent. I thought this was hormones, but I think my brain caught up to my heart lol. I'm almost hoping for a BFN this month. I think my husband and I were using ttc as a band aid fix (or I was) for a marriage that is not working. I'm tired of being put down and controlled by him. So pending the results I get this weekend, I;m going to leave him. I'm aware that children do not make a relationship better, but put more stress on it. I probably shouldn't write this on here, but I'm going to take myself off babyandbump Sunday after testing. I would still be over joyed if I got my bfp and would love the baby more than anything and try to work some stuff out, but in the event the :witch: shows, I'm out and moving on with my life the way I want to. :winkwink:

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I can't imagine the difficult position that you are in.

I don't think you're wrong to wait for the result. As much as I agree with the child not being a fix etc I believe once there is a child involved you need to try just an extra bit harder.

The exception though is in cases of voilence, abuse or addiction where you need to think of you baby's safety and get out fast.

If not any of the above you'll still need to think about the kind of role model he will be for your child and but you will be able to take the time to try things like couples conselling or what ever and know that IF you walk away you really tried your best.

What ever happens remember that you really do derserve to be happy.

Good luck :hug:

Well Ladies, I am currently experiencing twingy cramps on the left-center part of my uterus and have some pinkish CM. This is either implantation time or AF is soon to follow. And I am in a kickback, mellow mood. Maybe the chips fall where they may! This is God's plan, not mine. (FX'd all the same. Haha)

Hope this is it for you! FX-ed!

Thanks Signora! I'm feeling more like PMS today though. I'm feeling like "Nobody likes me," extra senstitive and on the verge of tears. :(

Goof luck, Alisa!:hugs:

I'm so sorry to hear that, Smimms. :hugs: I wish you all the love and luck in the world, you deserve it.

Hi Ladies, I have missed you all! Something went wrong with my account and I was without BnB for a bit. :(

My temp dropped a teensy tiny bit to just under 98 (97.96) this morning and I wasn't too thrilled with that but it is still above the coverline so I'm trying to stay hopeful. I still have the embarassing burping in the afternoons and evenings. I still have some mild cramping (mainly when I sit down). I am really trying not to test this weekend and hold off til Wednesday at least but I'm thinking of caving. Stop me, please!! :)

Fx'ed for all out testers this weekend, let's get those bfp's!!!!!

:hugs: Smimms, don't feel bad at all for posting this. I know that whatever happens you will find the right path and the love and joy you deserve. If you get a bfn and the marriage isn't working, you should definitely do what your heart and head have decided. And if you get a bfp, I hope some counseling will help. No matter what happens, big :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Smimms, :hugs: I am very proud of you for being honest with yourself and listening to your heart. I wish you the best of luck wherever life takes you:thumbup:.

Props to you for keeping it REAL! Admitting this to yourself is the first step toward making things right. I admire your courage to be so honest about what you're going through. "To thine own self, be true." :hugs:

Alisa-your chart is looking amazing. I know I keep repeating it, but it keeps looking amazing!

Baking-I wouldn't stress much over a tiny temp drop-at least not at this point.

Chezek-super cool to learn that you are a photographer! Sorry about all the driving, but getting settled always takes longer than you want it to.

Dear smimms-so sorry to hear about this, but glad you are listening to yourself. Message me if you want to chat-I left my first husband when I turned 28 (college sweetheart) in large part because I knew in my gut/soul/heart that we were not going to make it and I wanted to walk away before kids/house. Hands down the hardest, bravest, scariest, most terrifying, best thing I have ever done for myself in my life. It has led me to a path I never dreamed possible for myself - I am happier than I have ever been by a mile-it took about 5 years to get there but it was an amazing journey of self discovery. And if you get your bfp and/or if you try to work it out, I am sending you the best wishes possible that the two of you can begin to communicate honestly and open the floodgates and tear down the house to build a better, stronger foundation for your lives and your future children. Xoxoxo

Smimms -- I'm so sorry to hear that. You must follow your heart; wishing you all the best :hugs:

Alisa -- your chart looks very promising and the signs and symptoms are all lining up! :thumbup:

Stay in your mellow mood and enjoy the weekend!! :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->