TTC #1 and over 30

Happy Mothers day everyone. Hopefully by next year we'll all be holding our own little ones so fx for lots of BFP.

any one testing today? If so good luck.

BFN yesterday and AF just showed today but was relieved about knowing. If she didn't I would have just kept POAS all week. At least now I can have a glass of wine and start getting ready to O.

I honestly didn't expect this first month to be so rough so thanks for getting me through it everyone.

the :witch: is officially 1 day late. I'm getting a TON of cm, it was creamy/wet yesterday and ewcm all day today. My cm is usually pretty dry right before af comes.

Symptoms...

I still feel kind of crampy but it feels more digestive ( probably from the gas :blush: )
I'm still vaguely nauseous and I have absolutely no appetite going on about 5 days now.
Watery mouth, unusual for me I tend to have dry-mouth but my mouth does get watery when I'm nauseous so they are probably connected.
I haven't had a headache, well not really. Very faint but doesn't exactly hurt iykwim.
Backache, yes but my back always hurts due to working to many years in custodial.
Sleepy, yes but I work different shifts during the week sometimes so I never feel like I get enough sleep.
Stuffy nose -could be allergies but I did have a nose bleed today.

Belly bug, allergies or sticky bean... *hopes for the bean*

I solemnly swear to not poas for 3 more days if the :witch: does not appear. :D

Wow!! This sounds really really good-can't believe you are holding off testing for so long-its great that you are able! Fx'ed for you!

AF showed up right on time for Mother's Day. I am very sad that we have failed again. Moving on to our fifth attempt...

AF showed up right on time for Mother's Day. I am very sad that we have failed again. Moving on to our fifth attempt...

Alisa - I'm sorry the :witch: showed up today :cry: I hate it when all the signs and the BBT points to what we all think is the right direction "a :bfp:", but then AF shows her ugly face. Here's hoping the weather is sunny and bright in CA for you! :flower:

I'm Soo sorry to hear that.......i normally go and buy something like a baby onesie or something when our attempt doesn't happen...it makes me feel better and to me it shows my faith...meaning I knw Gods going to give it to me us.....just an idea

Ok ladies I need some advice.....today I woke up & temp and the very first one said 97.5... Which was strange because my high temps normally remain at 97.9 after ovulation....well I took another right after I did that one and it was 97.7... Then I got up and went to the bathroom and while I was sitting there I did another and it was 97.9.... I'm so confused because my temp never drops except before AF shows up..... And advice????

Happy Mothers day everyone. Hopefully by next year we'll all be holding our own little ones so fx for lots of BFP.

any one testing today? If so good luck.

BFN yesterday and AF just showed today but was relieved about knowing. If she didn't I would have just kept POAS all week. At least now I can have a glass of wine and start getting ready to O.

I honestly didn't expect this first month to be so rough so thanks for getting me through it everyone.

Happy Mothers Day to you as well! I love your positive attitude......:thumbup:

Did anyone else wake up really sad today. I did not realize mother's day would affect me this bad. I took a test this morning hoping by some miracle it would be positive and of course it was negative. I am not even in the tww yet. Since the test I can't stop crying. I want this so bad.

It does not help that my mother is in a nursing home with Alzheimer's so I cant even talk to her about things or do anything with her today. I went to see her yesterday and it made me so sad :(

Zee and alisa-so sorry that you're out this month, and alisa I know how frustrating it is when your chart was looking so fantastic. We will be here for each other for June o'ing and testing!

Smiley-in my experience you should take the very first reading and leave it at that. Just moving or walking around can alter your temperature higher than it otherwise would be. Even if it feels like a strange temp I would go with the first one. If you think it's your thermometer, it may be time to buy a specific bbt thermometer rather than a standard fever thermometer.

Nikkih-sorry today is hard-maybe you can remember some better times with your mom and do something special for yourself today.

Chezek-don't be mad at me but...

As for me, my temp went down a bit today and based on that, I feel pretty darn sure af is on her way right on time for Tuesday. It's funny, but somehow thinking for sure I am not pg made me want to take one of my ic tests-just got them from wondfo and I have 15 of them, after all. So at 6am I tested with FMU and absolutely no doubt about it got a stark white negative. No evap no blurring no tilting - just a plain Jane bfn. I'm actually ok with this for a few reasons- (1) I never really thought this would happen on the first cycle trying; (2) I know my ic's are not one of the bad batches that gives false hope evaps (good info for future testing should a line ever appear); and (3) we have some super fun social plans in early June that frankly will be a bit more fun without nausea and with some indulging! Honestly my darling wonderful oh is more disappointed than I am. He had a vasectomy reversal last year (after 10 years) that was successful, but I think he's nervous it won't happen and it will be because of him. I know that he will be beyond thrilled if we get pg partly because he doesn't want to let me down. I've assured him that I would never feel that way no matter what happens but I forget sometimes how emotional this is for him and how hopeful he is. Nonetheless we are in great spirits and going to do a big hike with our dog today and celebrate life. I feel certain that af is coming (I know it may seem early and still possible for me but I honestly believe I'm out - I think there would have been some sort of line and the temp drop is the biggest sign). We will be here for eachother for June testing and maybe February babies! Xoxoxoxo to you all and baby dust to those still in the running!

So sorry, Alisa and Zee. :hugs: I know it's so hard but hang in there and we'll be there to support you no matter what.

Hello ladies, have been stalking this tread for a while but haven't posted anything on here for ages! Just waiting for ov - currently Cd18, this is my first cycle temping and they have been all over the place - mainly due to holiday in a different time zone!!! But did an OPK earlier and a second line appeared - wasn't as dark as control but def there!! Am going to repeat with a digital soon to see! Temp has also increased so fingers crossed ov is finally here!!!!

:dust: to everyone!!!!

I wasn't going to, but I decided to test just in case because my cycles are crazy and it is Mother's day after all. I thought "How amazing would it be if for mothers day I finally got a :bfp:!

Unfortunately, even after staring at the test for 5 minutes searching for the faintest line, there was nothing. I am not too crushed, I wasn't expecting much, but it would have been nice.

Just need to work on gearing up for next month then I guess.

Good luck to everyone else who is testing today! I want to see some :bfp:s! That will cheer me up!

On a good note though, I ordered a thermometer off of Amazon to start temping and it didn't cost me a thing. I had a $5 gift card on there for filling out a survey for school and the thermometer cost $4.69. As soon as it gets here I get to learn how to temp!

Thanks onebump! That's useful…but how does it work??

You enter the time you normally temp at, the time you did temp at and the temp you got. It adjusts it (the longer you sleep the higher your temp, the earlier you wake the lower). I wouldn't rely on it regularly, but have done a couple of tests that seem to suggest it is fairly accurate.

Has anyone on this thread ever used Fertile CM? I started using it at ovulation last month cos I O'd at such an unexpected time. Then I stopped a few days later. I'm going to take it for 30 days as the bottle suggests this time. I think I might get some PreSeed too. Although, I don't think it's fertilization that's the problem, I think it's implantation. Are there Progesterone stimulating supplements??

oh no, I hope this isn't a bad sign but I just saw some really light brown cm with a tiny tiny bit of blood. I don't know why but this just put me on the verge of tears.

Kmae - I hope so! But my temp went back up to the dreaded 97.3 this morning…EWCM last night and watery CM on and off so that is promising - hope to get that +OPK as my Mother's Day gift this afternoon!!!

Vellybelle - yay for taking the oath!!! :haha: I'm very proud of you!!!! And the symptoms look/sound fantastic to me :thumbup:

Zeez - I loved that image you painted of all of us on here in one year exactly holding our little ones!!!!! Beautiful thought :flower: And I'm sorry the :witch: got you but I'm glad you're seeing the positive side of it all :hugs:

AlisaSD - BIG BIG HUG!!!! :hugs: I'm sorry the :witch: got you as well but it's not a "fail" - we have like a 20% chance every month for those spermies and egg to come together so it's a bit of a crap shoot. You just didn't get lucky this month, that's all! Chin up sweetie! Oh and I use Preseed but only when we need it. I take musinex expectorant on days around when I think I will O.

Smiley - I love your idea of treating myself to a baby item when AF comes! It is a faith thing and will give us hope! I'll do it next cycle…well, hopefully not! :winkwink: As far as temping, you should count the first temp because as you are awake more, your body "wakes up" and your temps go up from all the little processes exerting energy to function. So to get your BBT it has to be right after you wake up, same time each day before you talk, move or anything.

Nikkih - :hugs: I'm so sorry that Mother's Day is hitting you so hard. And that your mom is ill and you can't find comfort in her. But we're all here for you! As much as we can :hugs: It will happen for you…I mean you haven't even Oed yet so there is so much hope in that. I will cross my fingers and toes for you that you catch this eggy! :flower:

Veganlily - how can I be mad when you are so positive about all this! I'm glad you got your answers and are out enjoying life!!! xx But still, you're not out until the :witch: shows!!!! :winkwink:

Joey - hope you got that +OPK!!!! I'd hate to know that NYC got in the way of you catching that eggy :winkwink:

gypsygirl - sorry for the bfn but you're not out until AF shoes so FX! And good luck temping :thumbup:

onebump - oops, I meant what are the calculations and science behind it. Just wondering who came up with it and how. I used it this morning as I forgot to decrease the volume on my phone last night so when my alarm went off at 6:30am I thought I was in the middle of a fire drill!!! I must have jumped at least 3 feet in the air. My heart was racing and all so when I took the temp I figured it would be off. It was 97.4 - I woke up again at 9am much calmer and took my temp and it was 97.7 so I used the page you gave me and it said 97.2. I avg'ed it with my temp I took and wrote it down as 97.3…so thank you :flower:

OK I guess I should go shower, hit the market and start cooking up a storm for our Mother's Day extravaganza! We just invited my mom and dad but then my mom invited her sister under the premise that she's my godmother and then of course my aunt invited her husband and my cousin and then DH's sister is in town for business so we invited her and then she asked if she could bring her coworker who she's in town with...SO yeah, dinner for 4 is now dinner for NINE. :dohh:

:hug: to all my girls!!!

oh no, I hope this isn't a bad sign but I just saw some really light brown cm with a tiny tiny bit of blood. I don't know why but this just put me on the verge of tears.

It could be a great sign!! Keep the faith-fx'ed for you!

Hello ladies, have been stalking this tread for a while but haven't posted anything on here for ages! Just waiting for ov - currently Cd18, this is my first cycle temping and they have been all over the place - mainly due to holiday in a different time zone!!! But did an OPK earlier and a second line appeared - wasn't as dark as control but def there!! Am going to repeat with a digital soon to see! Temp has also increased so fingers crossed ov is finally here!!!!

:dust: to everyone!!!!

This sounds good-bet you'll be ovulating within the next 2-3 days-go have fun!

It could be a great sign!! Keep the faith-fx'ed for you!

I looked again and it was more of an egg white consistency cm with a bit of bood mixed in. Looked very different than AF. I'm trying to keep the faith and the tears away. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->