TTC #1 and over 30

oh also good luck preg_pilot 5 days late is super exciting!

currently still having no af symptoms, normally I would be having increased cm and bbs would be super swollen and sore by now...this wait is killing me!

My best friend had NO symptoms when she was preggers with her first so FX!!!
:dust:

I may be out this month :( it feels like the :witch: has been trying to get me all day. No sign of her yet but I'm going to need a heating pad for my tummy soon. I feel positively lousy, I had to run to the store just now and the whole time I was there I just wanted to go to bed. Bleh...

Awww I'm sorry to hear you're in pain :nope: Hopefully the :witch: won't show and all the suffering will be worth the bean!! Crossing everything for you Belle!! :hugs:

I took an OPK today (why??? Because I like to POAS!!!) and it was almost positive. Wondering if its the clomid? :shrug:

Anyhow, I was conducting an experiment to see what it would show on cd6 and I was quite surprised. I have an US on cd14 to see how big the follicle(s) is (are)...I swear I can feel it now!

Oh and never watch The Notebook while taking hormones....bad, bad idea :dohh:

:haha: I can't watch it on my very own hormones as is!!! So I would have to banish all sappy films :dohh: You are taking POAS addiction to a whole new level! lol But a slight positive is always good, no? I'm not sure but I think I read that Clomid shouldn't affect OPK tests. So that would be awesome, right??

Hi Veganlily! I'm celebrating mother's day with my mom. Waiting until tomorrow to test. Everything is going well feeling good. How are you hun?

Hi Smimms! I was worried about you too. Let us know how the test goes tomorrow!!!! :hugs:

I had a great Mother's Day - I'm pretty sure the +OPK put a rose tinted tone on everything but the dinner was a success, everyone (including DH and I) thought the meal was great and we finished off with a trip to the ice cream parlor which always puts a smile on my face. :happydance:

I'm super super excited for this week for all the TESTERS!!!!
:dust: :baby: :dust: :baby: :dust:

And for my very own bonkathon :winkwink: he he he
Hugs to all!
:hugs:

Well, the witch got me in the middle of the night, but I knew that was going to happen. What surprises me a little is the 11 day luteal phase-it's usually 12-13. We'll see what happens this month. Just paid for a year of fertility friend VIP but I hope I won't need it! Considering preseed but think we will just do another month without anything particularly special and then think about ramping it up. Sorta bummed but I had a feeling this was not our month all along, so I'm really alright. I also think that we might move to dtd every other day rather than every day during the fertile period particularly since it is very possible that oh has some sperm motility or supply issues after his (successful) vasectomy reversal.

Smimms-good to hear you're ok, please keep us posted. Am so grateful you started this thread.

Everyone-have fun dtd, testing, and enjoying your life no matter what is happening with your cycles!!

Xoxoxo,
Lily

Well, the witch got me in the middle of the night, but I knew that was going to happen. What surprises me a little is the 11 day luteal phase-it's usually 12-13. We'll see what happens this month. Just paid for a year of fertility friend VIP but I hope I won't need it! Considering preseed but think we will just do another month without anything particularly special and then think about ramping it up. Sorta bummed but I had a feeling this was not our month all along, so I'm really alright. I also think that we might move to dtd every other day rather than every day during the fertile period particularly since it is very possible that oh has some sperm motility or supply issues after his (successful) vasectomy reversal.

Smimms-good to hear you're ok, please keep us posted. Am so grateful you started this thread.

Everyone-have fun dtd, testing, and enjoying your life no matter what is happening with your cycles!!

Xoxoxo,
Lily

Hi Lily!! Sorry to hear about AF nabbin' ya' in the middle of the night!! I'm glad to you're in good spirits none the less! And it was probably a good idea to join this site right away. I waited a few months to take it all seriously. I didnt even start REALLY charting until a week before my last O. I really have my FX'd to make it all work this month. Looks like we'll O around the same time. GL!

Good morning, ladies! I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!

Veganlily - I am sorry about AF showing.

So, we were at a family reunion this weekend and my SIL got her BFP yesterday! I am really close to my brother and SIL and this will be their third. So excited for them! Of course, I am hoping we aren't far behind. They seem to get pregnant so easily. We are all basically around the same age. My DH is of course worried that if we don't get our BFP this month I will be pretty emotional about it given their news. I'm going to really try to keep my head up and focus on all the positive, but it will be a little hard.

And . . . yesterday, after all my talk about waiting until one day late, I tested at 10 dpo and in the middle of the day! Ha! After my SIL got hers, I couldn't help it. I knew it was very early and on top of it not FMU, but I couldn't resist with it being Mother's Day. It was a :BFN:. It did have an evap line and even though I knew it was an evap line, it still made me feel a little better - ha! Now, I am going to try to hold out until Wed FMU or Thurs FMU.

Luna - I also don't have any symptoms. I usually have sore bb's by now for AF. Hoping that is a good sign! I have been extremely tired, though (it's back!). I took an hour and a half nap on Saturday (and I never nap) and I fell asleep twice! yesterday in the middle of the day!

I hope everyone is feeling well and staying positive.

Hi Lily!! Sorry to hear AF got you in the middle of the night. :(

Preg_Pilot, I'm sorry about the BFN but there is still hope. I hope the :witch: stays away!!

Smimms, I'm glad you're doing okay. I am grateful for you starting this thread. The support on here is amazing.

My temp dropped today so I have no idea what to think. I still have the gassiness, cramping (but still really mild), and really tired. i wanted to test today but I am holding off til at least tomorrow at 13 dpo. Fx'ed for all us!

Alisa and Zeez and Veganlily - Im sorry about AF. We're all sending positive thoughts and lots of :dust: for this cycle.

Preg_Pilot I'm sorry about your BFN. I think we are pretty close in our cycles, right? I am 11 DPO today. Still a little early. FX'd.

MrsChez and Kmae - yay for +OPKs! Enjoy that :sex:!

OperationBby and anyone else new on this thread - welcome! Glad you joined us.

:hugs: for anyone that needs one right now!

FX'd and :dust: for all the testers this week!

Xoxoxo,
Lily

Hi Lily!! Sorry to hear about AF nabbin' ya' in the middle of the night!! I'm glad to you're in good spirits none the less! And it was probably a good idea to join this site right away. I waited a few months to take it all seriously. I didnt even start REALLY charting until a week before my last O. I really have my FX'd to make it all work this month. Looks like we'll O around the same time. GL!

Yes we will definitely remain o/2ww buddies! Valentines babies has a nice ring to it right? Though I do tend to ovulate closer to day 20 than day 14, so you may leap in front of me....

Good luck to everyone testing over the next couple days, including those who have already gotten bfn's-it's not over til af shows!! I'm watching all of you (md, baking, luna, pilot, and more!!)

Smimms - I was just trying to read back a few pages to catch up and saw your post. I am so sorry. I realize you might not be back on BNB, but wanted to send a little note just in case. We all really appreciate you starting these over 30 TTC threads and for all your positive words during this time. I pray that you find peace with your decision and whatever your test results may be this month.

Glad you had a nice Mother's Day with your mom. Hope we will see you around. :hugs:

OK so what are the new testing dates?? Anyone testing on Mother's Day still? AND NO PRESSURE!!! I mean it...I'm just curious :flower:

VellyBelle you'll be DPO14 on Sunday right? Anyone else?

:gun: NO less than DPO12 testers allowed! Not on my watch :nope: :grr:

I can't wait to see all the :bfp:s roll in next week!!!! It will be so good to see :hugs:

:dust: :baby: :dust: :baby: :dust:

Whoops - I should have caught up on this thread and read this post before testing yesterday at 10 pdo! Thanks for trying to keep us in line! :haha:

MrsChezek, :happydance:For your +opk! Looks like we will be in the tww together. My temp went up today so I think I ov'd on Mothers Day. I have never had over a 12 day LP but on Clomid which can extend it- which I'll be keeping in mind so I don't get too excited if AF is late.

Alisa, Zeezy, Veganlily, sorry about AF. Now go yell at her and tell her she can't come back next time for 9 months. I did that last time and hopes she listens. :gun:

Bakingbabe, I hope your temp goes back up tomorrow!

PregPiolot, bummer about the bfn, but AF being 5 days late is a very good sign. F'xed.

Grkprn, actually Clomid can affect opk results which I guess is why they tell you not to start testing with opks until cd12. But you may want to get some bd'ing in just to be safe:winkwink:.

Smimms, it's is so helpful o have this thread. Being in your 30's and ttc #1 is so different then being in your 29's and trying to do so. It is so helpful to have a group of women who are in the same boat and can help each other through it.:flower:

Typo on Smimms, meant to type 20's not 29's

So sorry to hear the :witch: got you in the night VeganLily…how annoying!!! I paid up for FF just a month ago myself and decided to give charting a go. I hope we both don't get too much use of it!!!! :hugs:

pre_pilot - here's to a BFP on Thursday!!!! FX

MD1223 - you're excused for testing under such circumstances!!! FX for you for a BFP on Wed/Thurs!!! And congrats to your SIL :hugs:

bakingbabe - good job holding out! AND FX for you for tomorrow!!!! Hope it's a BFP! xx

I'm off to my last scheduled PT - it's a re-eval so hopefully I'll be deemed good to go. I don't want to drive 1.5 hours each way anymore!!!

:hug: to all!!!

So sorry to hear the :witch: got you in the night VeganLily…how annoying!!! I paid up for FF just a month ago myself and decided to give charting a go. I hope we both don't get too much use of it!!!! :hugs:

pre_pilot - here's to a BFP on Thursday!!!! FX

MD1223 - you're excused for testing under such circumstances!!! FX for you for a BFP on Wed/Thurs!!! And congrats to your SIL :hugs:

bakingbabe - good job holding out! AND FX for you for tomorrow!!!! Hope it's a BFP! xx

I'm off to my last scheduled PT - it's a re-eval so hopefully I'll be deemed good to go. I don't want to drive 1.5 hours each way anymore!!!

:hug: to all!!!

I hope you're deemed good to go, Mrs. Chezek!
I've had light pink spotting today at 12 dpo so I'm not as super hopeful as I was yesterday but the :witch: isn't here yet so let's continue to keep those fingers crossed!!

:dust: to all!!

Grkprn, actually Clomid can affect opk results which I guess is why they tell you not to start testing with opks until cd12. But you may want to get some bd'ing in just to be safe:winkwink:.

Thank you! I actually called my RE's office this morning and the nurse told me the same thing. She said to start OPK's on cd10, rather than the day after the last day of AF. We'll definitely get some bd'ing in this week.....just to be on the safe side! :wink:

Personally, I think I'll be moving my OPKs and HPTs to my closet. A little less accessible than under the bathroom sink!! :laugh2:

:hug: to all!

Ladies i am sooo bummed......One of my bestfriends(i have 3) reunited with her ex-husband after being divorced for 7years....called me and said she was pregnant! I was seriously happy for her, but I am so sad rightnow......I mean seriously this is the first time since my husband and I have been ttc that i have actually cried.....i am so sad right really.....

:cry: 6 more weeks of PT! I don't think I'm going to stick with it though…I'll do two more weeks and deem myself done. It's just too much! On a positive note, I got cramps on my left side starting at 1:30pm (almost 4pm now) and they are still there but milder. YAY! :happydance: I'm hoping that's my eggy being released!

I sent hubby off to the gym while I was out to boost his testosterone and produce more :spermy: as his quantities were low on the SA test. We're doing the everyday thing this time around and we BDed at 10pm last night so it's less than 24hrs but I think I O'ed 2.5 hours ago so I don't want to miss eggy. I'll wait another 1.5 hours and seduce him :bunny: FX one of his swimmers is successful!!! It takes only one after all :winkwink:

bakingbabe - Crossing everything for you that AF stays away!!!!!! and more dust!

grkprn - oh good, I'm glad you got a hold of your doc and thanks for clarifying…sorry for misinforming you with my poor memory :shy: Good idea to move the pee sticks farther away…on a back shelf :winkwink:

Poor smiley :hugs: I remember when my BFF got preg and I found out - it was around the time I wanted to get started on TTC but we couldn't and it really hit me hard. Just try to focus on the positive - this is your bestie who got the good news and you get to be an auntie…our turn will come too…soon I hope :hugs:

Ladies i am sooo bummed......One of my bestfriends(i have 3) reunited with her ex-husband after being divorced for 7years....called me and said she was pregnant! I was seriously happy for her, but I am so sad rightnow......I mean seriously this is the first time since my husband and I have been ttc that i have actually cried.....i am so sad right really.....
I know it can be frustrating but it will happen for you too!

12 dpo and things are still looking good for me for now :D

:flower: Hello all, great thread! I am 32, DH and I have been TTC #1 for just over a year. Moved cross country in January, let things settle down and now hopping on the TTC train again! :happydance: choo choo! here's hoping we ALL have a stop in BFP-ville soon! :dust:

Kmae! Can't believe I missed your post - I think we posted simultaneously earlier and I just read back to where I last posted. We'd be one day apart on our O - I don't know what my LP is either so I'm assuming the 14 day avg. Either way, we'll be going through TWW together! Wanna buddy up?

FX for you Luna! Keep us posted. Are you testing on Wed?

Hi Pinky! Welcome :hi: This is a great thread indeed :thumbup: I love it here! Good luck with your efforts - where are you in your cycle?

OK, time to OPK and then get some work done…it's been a very unproductive work day for me so far - too excited still about the +OPK!! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->