TTC #1 and over 30

Hi Everyone!! I am a newbie and also >30 and TTC # 1: Would love to join this forum & this is my story sofar...

-Been on BCP since age 16, will be 32 in October
-Off BCP 8/2011
-Dx with mild PCOD 1/2012 *not overweight or insulin resistant*, dx only by AML >6
-Clomid first round 100mg days 3-9 with 1mg estradiol in April without ov
-Hubby's sperm analysis- abnormal by morphology only (he is taking L-Carnitine supplements per our RE)
-HSG in April- L tubes in spasm and therefore inconclusive but R side open. may have to repeat :(
-I am now on 2nd round of Clomid 150mg days 3-9 + 1mg estradiol. I am due for my US on Sat 5/20 to see if I have a viable follicle, if I do I will do the HCG shot and go for IUI on Sunday....

fingers crossed....:)

The clomid side effects this time around were the worse yet, so hopefully this time works and I wont have to try again. Any similar stories, support or advice??

Thanks Ladies!!

Hi Everyone!! I am a newbie and also >30 and TTC # 1: Would love to join this forum & this is my story sofar...

-Been on BCP since age 16, will be 32 in October
-Off BCP 8/2011
-Dx with mild PCOD 1/2012 *not overweight or insulin resistant*, dx only by AML >6
-Clomid first round 100mg days 3-9 with 1mg estradiol in April without ov
-Hubby's sperm analysis- abnormal by morphology only (he is taking L-Carnitine supplements per our RE)
-HSG in April- L tubes in spasm and therefore inconclusive but R side open. may have to repeat :(
-I am now on 2nd round of Clomid 150mg days 3-9 + 1mg estradiol. I am due for my US on Sat 5/20 to see if I have a viable follicle, if I do I will do the HCG shot and go for IUI on Sunday....

fingers crossed....:)

The clomid side effects this time around were the worse yet, so hopefully this time works and I wont have to try again. Any similar stories, support or advice??

Thanks Ladies!!

Welcome! Sending lots of :dust: your way!

Good luck, Luna and preg_pilot!! FX'd and sending :dust:!

I'm testing tomorrow morning too!

Hi ladies, I'm in my 30s and TTC#1 too! Last year I was diagnosed with endometriosis, had a laparoscopy and then had hormonal treatment to stop my periods for a while, so we put TTC on hold till recently.

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread, but from the post above me, it seems like some of you are testing tomorrow? Me too (assuming no major temp drop tomorrow morning and no AF!) - I'm either 18DPO or 13DPO (slightly erratic temps this month, but definitely got sustained temp rise so pretty sure I ovulated!). Good luck everyone!!

Hi ladies, I'm in my 30s and TTC#1 too! Last year I was diagnosed with endometriosis, had a laparoscopy and then had hormonal treatment to stop my periods for a while, so we put TTC on hold till recently.

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread, but from the post above me, it seems like some of you are testing tomorrow? Me too (assuming no major temp drop tomorrow morning and no AF!) - I'm either 18DPO or 13DPO (slightly erratic temps this month, but definitely got sustained temp rise so pretty sure I ovulated!). Good luck everyone!!

Me too - testing tomorrow! Good luck! :dust:!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TESTERS THIS WEEK!!! I can't wait to see someone get a :bfp:!!!

MrsChezek, I am really hoping that is the case. I am 3dpo so only 1 day ahead of you! I really hope this is the one for both of us!

WOW so many testers tomorrow! I hope this thread is flooded with BFPs!

Melchicago, welcome! I was on 50mg of clomid this cycle (cd3-7)- but didn't get any SE. I have read that ladies get more SE with higher doses. If this cycle doesn't produce a BFP then I'll be doing Clomid again next cycle long with an IUI (well as long as my cyst didnt grow any bigger). My DH has mobility issues with his spermies (only 10% rapid movement). He is getting another SA on Monday so I am hoping the results are better.

awww nikkih - sorry your body tricked you last cycle! But hopefully this time it's all for real :hugs: I don't really "want" symptoms - very happy without the nausea and aches but I want to be pg so if symptoms are required, I'm in!

bakingbabe - what kind of cake did you decide on??? Do you have an amazing german choc cake recipe to share? That's my hubby's fave :thumbup: I totally hear ya on the living in two week increments part! But I guess we should be thankful it's only 2 weeks we have to wait…some girls have to wait 3-4 weeks to O :hugs:

Welcome Melchicago! :hi: Sorry to hear your journeys been quite a tough one! :hugs: But hopefully this cycle will be the one for you!!! FX for 5/20!

SOOOO excited for Luna, preg_pilot and MD!!! FX and lots and lots of baby dust!!!
:dust: :baby: :dust:

And our new threadie Goldfish!!! GL to you tomorrow as well!!

Crossing everything as I sleep tonight…I hope to see lots of :bfp:s when I wake up!

:hug:

Luna, pilot, md, goldfish....well??!!! So excited for you - we need some BFP's on this thread! Fx'ed-keep us posted.

Chezek-nice temp spike post-o!

Baking-happy anniversary!

Talk to y'all soon-hope everyone has a great day.

MrsChezek I hear you.

Today I woke up with a sore throat and I also noticed my body which is extremley sensitive to hormones released at AF is acting as if I will get AF today. Wish I knew what was going on. My gyn did not do a pregnancy test when I went simply said if you got a period and got bfn you are not preggers. Who knows????? I'll test again a week from today. That will be 4 days before AF.

Hi ladies. Thanks so much for all the dust and GL. I hate to pop up this am with out a bfp for our thread, but it was a stark white :bfn:. :nope:

The good news, bakingbabe, is we can be cycle buddies! And, hopefully, bump buddies so soon!

GL and :dust: for all of you yet to test. I hope someone else can bring us good news this morning!

Oh, and Happy Anniversary, bakingbabe!!

Ok, I hope everyone has a great day. I must focus on work today and try to stay off of bnb. :)

Thank you, Mrs. Chezek, Lily, and MD! :) You all are so sweet! I woke up and hubby had a dozen red roses on the counter. for me :) So pretty.

Mrs. Chezek, I made a chocolate cake with oreo creme filling topped with vanilla buttercream. If I can figure out how to add a picture, I will show you how I decorated it. It's pretty girly, I piped the sides with tiny rosetes.
And I haven't made a german chocolate cake yet. Now that you mention it, I am ready to try my hand at making one! :)

*edit: I figured it out. yay!

And MD, of course we can be cycle buddies and bump buddies one day soon! Sorry about the bfn but has the :witch: arrived yet? You're not out til she gets here!

Attachments

• 100_8122.jpg
    100_8122.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 2
Thanks Lily! Unfortunately my temp plummeted back down this morning…not sure what that means but hopefully nothing bad! I'm a bit nervous and sad…but only time will tell!

Big hugs to MD! Sorry that you got a BFN but you're not out until the :witch: shows so FX!!!

I have to get a TON of work done today as well so I'll only be lurking to see if preg_pilot, goldfish and Luna come by with good news…

Thank you, Mrs. Chezek, Lily, and MD! :) You all are so sweet! I woke up and hubby had a dozen red roses on the counter. for me :) So pretty.

Mrs. Chezek, I made a chocolate cake with oreo creme filling topped with vanilla buttercream. If I can figure out how to add a picture, I will show you how I decorated it. It's pretty girly, I piped the sides with tiny rosetes.
And I haven't made a german chocolate cake yet. Now that you mention it, I am ready to try my hand at making one! :)

*edit: I figured it out. yay!

And MD, of course we can be cycle buddies and bump buddies one day soon! Sorry about the bfn but has the :witch: arrived yet? You're not out til she gets here!

OMG! That is so AWESOME!!!! Happy Anniversary BB! You certainly ARE the "baking babe!"

Oh, that looks SO tasty!!!

Thanks Lily! Unfortunately my temp plummeted back down this morning…not sure what that means but hopefully nothing bad! I'm a bit nervous and sad…but only time will tell!

Big hugs to MD! Sorry that you got a BFN but you're not out until the :witch: shows so FX!!!

I have to get a TON of work done today as well so I'll only be lurking to see if preg_pilot, goldfish and Luna come by with good news…

Hi MrsChezek!!! It is normal to experience a dip during IMPLANTATION! :thumbup:

Well, interestingly enough I got a positive OPK this morning. Cycle day 5?! My cycles are so screwed up. The only reason I checked was because I had the normal ovulation symptoms, break out and high libido... My body just keeps spitting out eggs! OMG. Maybe I should try a different OPK? I mean, I'm still spotting a little from AF. Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->