TTC #1 and over 30

Goldfish-sorry about the af-you can join us in our valentines baby quest. Take extra nice care of yourself today!

Pilot-fingers and toes crossed for sunday!

Hi - so it is official. The :witch: arrived right on time. I could feel her coming last night too. Totally thought I was having pre-preg symptoms b/c felt different from my normal pre-AF all the way up until last night when my back starting aching and I was 97% convinced it was over. Even texted my DH as much. At least I had a little heads up.

I'm sorry Goldfish and Luna. :hugs:

Preg_P - I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Welcome BabyGB! Sorry - I also don't have any advice for you.

MrsChez - I'm sorry you are feeling disheartened. :hugs: I wish I could offer up some good analyses but I don't know anything about temping or what it means. I'll send you some :dust: , though. ;)

Bakingbabe!!! That cake looks Ahmalzing!!! I wish we could all get together and dig into one of your cakes right about now. ;)

Alright, well on to another month. Here's to our Valentine's babies!

So, is anyone on my same cycle - 28 days, Day 1 (or close) - cycle buddies/soon to be bumb buddies?? What do you think, baking? Luna, Lily, goldfish??

:Hugs: for everyone.

Ooh I'll be your buddy! Mine have ranged from 24 to 27 days but my last two were 26

I love that there are so my of us on pretty much the same cycle :)

Ooh I'll be your buddy! Mine have ranged from 24 to 27 days but my last two were 26

I love that too! I'm cd 4 but my cycles are usually more like 32 days so a bit longer-I generally ovulate closer to cd 20.

Baking - so sorry to hear you're out :hugs:. I know that I get excited to test early, however, I easily forget how disappointing a :bfn: is! :dohh: But as I mentioned before, your cake looks delicious! So much that I went a bought a delicious cupcake for myself after work today!!

BabyGB - I did my first cycle of Clomid this month (CD3-7) and I'm currently on CD10. You have a very good question! I'm assuming that the bloodwork from CD21 would show that you ovulated. It seems close, since you got a positive OPK on CD20, but bloodwork is more sensitive than urine, right? :thumbup:

I'm getting a follicle check on Monday (CD14) to see how big those eggies are! :happydance: And then I do bloodwork on CD21 to check my progesterone levels.

This is all new to me -- I'm just following what my RE recommended and I'm along for the ride! :winkwink:

:dust::dust::dust:

Thanks for your reassuring words Kmae! I was totally freaked out. Makes sense that with the transition my temps can drop. I'll let you know what tomorrow brings! How are you doing? Any symptoms to report??

Alisa - totally agree! The TWW sucks :growled:

Luna - I agree with others, AF is much more pleasant than a BFN! Though they both suck!!! :wacko:

Preg_pilot - auuugh I can't believe your body is toying with you like this! I hope you get a BFP soon. FX! :hugs:

Hugs to Goldfish too! Glad your wait is over and you get a fresh beginning. May this cycle be the one for you!!

MD - thank you for the dust and hugs!!! I got a lot of good advice from the other girls so now I'm totally set :thumbup: :winkwink: Good luck to you this new cycle! FX!!! and
:dust:

Welcome BabyGB! :hi: I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you either :nope: Hopefully someone will come along soon!

Re: Progesterone check on CD21 (and I take it the CD3 test is estrogen?) - is that the first line of testing to check for female fertility? I had an internal US done back in March and my OBGYN said everything looked great. DH had his SA and it came back all good too. If this cycle doesn't work, I want to approach my doc about kicking off some testing since I'm 34.5 :dohh: I hate writing it down…makes it SO real! I like to pretend I'm still 31…until forever :winkwink:

Otherwise, not much to report. Other than the random temp drop this AM, it's been a pretty asymptomatic day. I'm exhausted and have been all day but that's probably due to the 5.5 hours of sleep I got last night and the 6.5 I got the night before. Can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring!

:hug:

Hi gals... I'm turning 30 this December, ttc #1. CD 1 today for me. have been ttc since Jan 2012, have irregular long cycle, last 2 cycles was 57 days and 39 days, just start bbt charting the middle of last cycle. Hope to get a BFP soon.

when i looked at my bbt chart, my temps before ovulation are quite high, and after ovulation i have few temps just one point above the coverline. I'd like to ask u gals for advice about my chart but I'm new here, havent figured out how to post my chart. will do it as soon as i know how to post it. just concern if i have low estrogen or low progesterone.

Anyway, just want to say hi and good luck for all of us.. baby dust!!!

Welcome :)

Have you checked with your doctor about your long cycles?

Yeah.. I went to 2 doctors, had a scan, and i have polycystic ovaries. So i asked the doctor if I have PCOS, both doctors said no. But they didnt ask me to get a blood test, just asked me not to stress and relax. It left me confused but I thought maybe I just try to ttc naturally first then see how it goes.

Last year my cycle were not too bad, ranging from 35 to 43 days, but starting this year it's getting longer to 57 days. I think i'm stressed out bcuz of ttc. geez i cant help it. and i dont know if i ovulate or not, so i started to chart bbt starting in the middle of last cycle, i did see a thermal shift, but missed the time to BD. And today AF came.

Will try for one more cycle and if no BFP, will go to fertility doctor i think.

Hello Everyone,

I have been reading this thread for a while but havent posted. I have a quick question for you ladies. I just did a day 21 progestrone test on friday last week and the nurse called to let me know that I had ovulated (on 150mg clomid cd3-7) however I am confused because I didnt get a positive opk until about 5:00pm on CD 20 (the day before the blood test). Isnt that to early for the blood test to pick up or did I actually ovulate earlier?

I am soo confused!:shrug:

Sounds like you may have gotten the OPK right at the end of your surge, and may have ovulated 12 hours after that, so it´s quite possible :)

I´m still just waiting.
AF is 10 days late currently.

Ladies I'm out this month AF showed up 2 days early.... She just does her own thing.... Like really.... Back to the drawing board...... but God is in control of all things....

Ladies I'm out this month AF showed up 2 days early.... She just does her own thing.... Like really.... Back to the drawing board...... but God is in control of all things....

Hi Smiley! I know all about AF doin her own thing. Her and my pituitary gland, or whatever the hell causes the LH surge. My cycles are so jacked up. I think by body is freaking out cos I was on BCP for so long, it just wants to keep spitting out eggs! Anyway, for this first in a long time I prayed this morning. Although I generally maintain an attitude of acceptance for God's will, I actually asked for a baby blessing. Very much outside of my character. TTC does something extraordinary to our pysches. Keep on keepin' on girl! We're all gonna magic happen one of these times!!!

Happy Friday and BEAUCOUP :dust:

Welcome MayJan :hi: and GL with this cycle! Hope it's the one for you!!!

Hugs to Smiley! Sorry she got you :growlmad: I guess the good news is she didn't toy with your head and come all late leaving you to think you're pg and facing BFNs!! And of course you get another baby item :winkwink: Hope this next cycle is the one for you :hugs:

I'm 4DPO and not much to report. Mostly asymptomatic which I'm happy with. Who wants to feel nausea or have sore boobs! :winkwink: I'm sure it will catch up with me if there is a sticky bean in me :haha: But I'm taking it all one day at a time. Need to go buy a dress for a friend's wedding next weekend so I'm off to the mall today.

:hug: to anyone who needs it and FX/baby dust to all!
:dust:

:hugs:

Yay! :) Me too. I'm so glad I have this thread and all of you!

Hi gals... I'm turning 30 this December, ttc #1. CD 1 today for me. have been ttc since Jan 2012, have irregular long cycle, last 2 cycles was 57 days and 39 days, just start bbt charting the middle of last cycle. Hope to get a BFP soon.

when i looked at my bbt chart, my temps before ovulation are quite high, and after ovulation i have few temps just one point above the coverline. I'd like to ask u gals for advice about my chart but I'm new here, havent figured out how to post my chart. will do it as soon as i know how to post it. just concern if i have low estrogen or low progesterone.

Anyway, just want to say hi and good luck for all of us.. baby dust!!!

Welcome! I feel like a lot of us have been trying since January 2012. I just spoke with my cousin about ttc b/c it took her almost a year for her first and 6 months with her second. She also has long and irregular cycles. It took her a little while but it worked - twice already - and she didn't do anything except continue to BD.

Wish I could offer advice on the chart but Im not charting - I'd get too obsessed. So, I don't know anything about it.

Anyway, welcome! :dust: :)

Sorry for the fourth post in a row. But before I duck out, I just wanted to say that I have been praying for all of you (and me :))! Here's to all of us getting our :bfp:'s soon and finding peace in the meantime and throughout the process. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

:hugs: and :dust:!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"