TTC #1 and over 30

Also, how many dpo is implantation supposed to occur? I have been at this for so long and still feel like a total newbie.

i am 9dpo and i took a test today and it was a bfn!

Sorry you had to go through that BFN but 9DPO is WAAAAAAY to early to test girl!!! You have to wait at least until 10DPO but that is too early as well. 12DPO is the earliest I'd ever test and usually I wait until 14DPO...patience my dear! :coffee:

Hey there. An unrelated question: how did you get your countdowntopregnancy.com info to appear with your posts?? :)

Yea, I ovulate around 14 days, but would the health of the sperm matter too? Ie, save the best for the greatest opportunity, like the day of smiley face instead of before?

Also, how many dpo is implantation supposed to occur? I have been at this for so long and still feel like a total newbie.

I think it's anywhere from between 6dpo to 12 dpo. Maybe? :) I know that your tests won't be positive until about 3 days after your implanation dip. I hope I helped, I feel the same way; been trying for about 6 cycles and still have a whole lot of questions too. :hugs:

I am new to this forum, and unfortunately the ugly witched showed up yesterday after being a day late.. I felt defeated.. I have been trying for 4 months.. back to the drawing board.. I will continue to use ClearBlue digital OPK, but can someone tell me after seeing the smiley face, when did you start BDing, how many days before and after?

Best of luck to all!

Hi Tumtum! :wave: I'm sorry the :witch: arrived. It sucks!! She just left me so now I get to wait for o to happen. I am trying smep this month which means you dtd every other day from cd 8 and then dtd the day of your first opk, the next two days, take a day off, and then one more time. I'm doing the odd number cycle days this month to see if we can catch the eggy! So I'll be starting on day 7 or 9. :) :hug: and :dust:

Hi all,

hope you're all doing well.

simms - glad you're back and feeling better. So glad you decided to make your self a priority.

pilot - good luck for testing. I would have gone crazy by now.

Anyone else testing soon? Good luck!

I'm on cd 5 I think but (tmi) really strange AF for me. Only 2 days of flow and rest is just occassional spotting.

Hmommy - you go to the countdown website and go to the tickers and tools section. It'll give you options to create a ticker. Pick the one you like, enter your cycle info and it'll give you a url that you can copy and paste into your signiture on this website (under user cp).

Another random question, do you know if your LH would surge before the witch arrives?

I am so emotional today. I saw a picture of my dad, who we recently found out was sick, with my neice and I lost it :cry: I am approximately 4 dpo today by my calculations and planning on testing june 1st. I don't know if my being emotional is my hormones trying to normalize themselves or something else. I am trying to give my dad a grandchild that he can be a bigger part of their life than my brother's kids before he is not able to.

So sorry about your dad, fx that it´s a positive symptom for you :)

FX for you on Sunday preg_pilot! Hope you get a clear, solid line this time!!! xx

I've been peeing like every hour which is a LOT for me and I always thought I peed a lot as is! I just feel this pressure in my lower abdomen that keeps making me feel like I need to go to the bathroom. I think it's way early at 4DPO to be experiencing such symptoms but I have no other explanation for this as I'm drinking my usual amounts. That's about my only symptom - oh and I got an increase in CM since this afternoon. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings :winkwink:

So where is everyone in their cycles? Seems like most of you are around CD1-10, some just getting ready to O and a few of us are in the TWW. Who's testing in May still??? I plan to test on the 28th...unless the TWW gets the best of me and I POAS on the 26/27th!!! FX and dust to all!!!
:dust:

Thanks, fingers crossed for the morning :)
I had the needing to pee symptom from about 5DPO... so, yay for that (and hopefully it is a BFP symptom).

I´m 24DPO today, and still no AF :)

Sorry about your BFN, but you´re still in the game. 9DPO is really early for testing. I´m 24DPO, and still haven´t gotten either AF or BFP...

I am 6dpo today and have massive cramping and leg pain like I get every month with AF. I guess she is coming early :( My boobs are also super sore and almost look shiny like they are swollen. Very weird stuff.

Fx for you BFP :hugs:

I am new to this forum, and unfortunately the ugly witched showed up yesterday after being a day late.. I felt defeated.. I have been trying for 4 months.. back to the drawing board.. I will continue to use ClearBlue digital OPK, but can someone tell me after seeing the smiley face, when did you start BDing, how many days before and after?

Best of luck to all!

I did the SMEP this cycle. Every other day until +OPK (though I never got one of those), and then 3 days in a row, one day off, and one more day of BD for luck.
Good luck :)

5 dpo today and I am having quite a bit of cramping. They are like AF cramps but they feel different. I also feel really full in my tummy area and sore where my ovaries are. Not as emotional today, but very tired, which is not good because I have a final next week that I need to study for. Also having just a touch of nausea. I hate symptom spotting! This is the first time I have felt confident that I o'd and it is driving me crazy! :wacko:

I started the nausea at 2DPO, my full tummy came at about 6-8 DPO I think...
Fx for you. :hugs:

Oh, and I started getting tired ... wow... umm... I think on the 30th of april... so, been tired for a while now.

It can occur from anywhere between 3-12 DPO is my understanding.

Yea, I ovulate around 14 days, but would the health of the sperm matter too? Ie, save the best for the greatest opportunity, like the day of smiley face instead of before?

I´m not sure, but I think you should be safe with every other day, then you have sperm of all ages in there, biding their time :)

Another random question, do you know if your LH would surge before the witch arrives?

It shouldn´t, to my knowledge?

Hi all,

hope you're all doing well.

simms - glad you're back and feeling better. So glad you decided to make your self a priority.

pilot - good luck for testing. I would have gone crazy by now.

Anyone else testing soon? Good luck!

I'm on cd 5 I think but (tmi) really strange AF for me. Only 2 days of flow and rest is just occassional spotting.

Hmommy - you go to the countdown website and go to the tickers and tools section. It'll give you options to create a ticker. Pick the one you like, enter your cycle info and it'll give you a url that you can copy and paste into your signiture on this website (under user cp).

Zee-are your temps still high and/or have you taken a pg test to be certain that you are not actually pregnant?!

Pilot-fxed for tomorrows testing!

Hi veganlilly -not sure what my temps are doing I only started charting this cycle and don't know what normal is yet.

had 2 BFN (last at 13 dpo) before AF arrived and because of the 2 days of normal flow I didn't even consider I might be after that.

Not going to get my hopes up but maybe i'll take another cheapie test in the morning just to be sure (lol can you say POAS addict).

Sorry you had to go through that BFN but 9DPO is WAAAAAAY to early to test girl!!! You have to wait at least until 10DPO but that is too early as well. 12DPO is the earliest I'd ever test and usually I wait until 14DPO...patience my dear! :coffWwee:

Wow Girl!! Your temps are looking killer!!! Not so bummed on that dip anymore are ya?!

Thanks chica! Yours pretty much mimic mine so far so you're not so bad off yourself ;) FX for you this cycle!!! :hugs:

Welcome Tumtum! :hi:
I use OPKs along with the SMEP plan so I BD every other day starting day 8 and then once I get a +OPK, I BD that night, the next and the one after. Usually you O the day after your first +OPK or the day after that so you BD that extra time in case you O 36 hours after the +OPK. I don't BD every day until I get my +OPK as not to deplete my DH's sperm count and come up empty when it counts most! But that's just me. Hope that helps!

gypsygirl - I have pretty much the same symptoms as you except instead of nausea, I've had dizzy spells. I might be a bit dehydrated though so I'm wondering if that is the cause of the dizziness. I hate this wait too!!! But we'll get through it :flower: Implantation happens between 6-10 DPO I believe.

hmommy - if you click on my banner, it will take you to the site. Click on Tools & Tickers and create your ticker. Then copy the BBCode and paste it into your Signature on BnB. To edit your sig here, click on User CP and on the left hand side menu, there is a link to Edit Signature. Tada!

bakingbabe - I'll be curious to see how the odd vs even days switch will pan out! Keep us posted. Best of luck to you!!! :happydance:

preg_pilot
- hours away from testing! I'm so excited for you…I hope this is the one that gives you an answer!

Zeez - Lily makes a good pt; you should test!! Although, my AF is usually 2 days long followed by 2 days spotting so it's not a crazy or unlikely occurrence :winkwink:

I'd like to add headache to my symptoms today…very odd day. I feel like I'm suffering from heat exhaustion but it was only 84 today and I spent most of the day in the car or indoors. I wasn't too good about drinking but I've had 7 cups of water so far so it's not crazy bad. Alas, I'll take it if it means a bean is trying to sprout inside of me! :flower: Though I'm freaking out slightly since all your posts reminded me that I forgot to BD that one last extra time after taking a day of rest in my SMEP attempt this cycle. :dohh: Hopefully our efforts were enough!

:hug: to all!

Does anybody have their DH or OH take zinc? Should I be taking it too? We got 50 mg of zinc today but I'm not sure if I should take it as well.

I'm going to take Robitussin to help increase my cm as well. Gearing up for the every other day babymaking plan! :hug: to all!

Does anybody have their DH or OH take zinc? Should I be taking it too? We got 50 mg of zinc today but I'm not sure if I should take it as well.

I'm going to take Robitussin to help increase my cm as well. Gearing up for the every other day babymaking plan! :hug: to all!

Hi.. My DH doesnt like to take supplement. But I push a bit, so now he takes multivitamin + 200IU Vit E (if I remember to give them to him). And I take EPO to increase my CM. I also just read that grapefruit juice increases CM too..

My OH takes Zinc plus selenium.
I take specific prenatals for women, I wouldn´t advise taking Zinc...

Congrates Pilot! So great to have a BFP here!

H&H 9 months

hi. i'm a newbie. me and hubby have been ttc for almost 2 years. I have pcos and had it surgically take out. Early this year (February) my OBGYN informed me I am officially clear of ovarian cysts. March I started taking duphaston to regulate my menstruation. April I had my AF, second day i started with clomid. By end of April my OB checked and I have 2 mature follicles on the left and 3 follicles on the right. Contact was compulsory. On 02 May I started with dupahston. On 04 May I had abdominal pain again on 08 May turned out I have CLC (corpus luteal cysts) my OB said I might already be pregnant. So I need to rest and wait. I was supposed to have my period on the 15th but no period by 19th of May I had brown spotting and this morning, I had a light flow. I was so devastated. I cried the entire time. I was expecting too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->