TTC #1 and over 30

Mrs HH - I'm a bit confused re your cycle. What cycle day are you on? )Count CD1 as the first day of your last period) What day in the cycle does that Sat you had those pains fall on? If we assume you ovulated then, did you BD anywhere in the 5 days before to 2 days after that day? If so, you could be pregnant and you would be around 9DPO today, which is too early to test. Friday would then be the best day to test but you could test on Thursday - like preg_pilot suggested, stay away from the digi as they need a higher level of hCG to show a + and you want to test earlier. GL!

bakingbabe - yes, I took it in pill form as I can't bare to take any liquid syrups! And I took Musinex as that's what my DH always takes when he gets a cough - I rarely get coughs so I don't have a 'favorite'. I bet Robotussin makes an equivalent to what I took but as long as it has the Guaifensein and no allergy type meds in it, it should do the trick! And I'm sorry you're having a bad day! But tomorrow is a new day and I hope it is a better one for you :hugs: Oh and I'm totally in for sharing some of that cake if there's enough to go around :winkwink:

Tumtum - Musinex expectorant increases your CM production and CM is necessary for the spermies to travel up your vjayjay and uterus to their destination. Think of it as the river through which they swim so the higher the water level, the better :winkwink:

Alisa - how frustrating indeed! Hmmm…I started a board for women who just came off BCP and there's quite a few of us on there - perhaps you can see if anyone's experienced something similar?
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...irregular-cycles-after-coming-off-bcp-25.html
I had a short cycle (4th one after BCP) but it was 19 days. Basically, your body is used to being fed hormones that tell it what to do and now you've taken them away so it's struggling to figure out it's own hormone production to tell it what to do. It's normal for this to happen but you still want a doctor to know about it and to keep an eye on things to make sure there isn't something else causing the early bleeding. You should call yours tomorrow. And sorry to hear your man didn't take it well when you asked him to do an SA - mine got pissed off too and got all defensive but then he came around. I think it messes with their masculinity and stuff so their instinct is to get all defensive but hopefully he'll come around. :hugs:

Luna - I'm not sure how you missed your surge as the LH remains in your system for a decent amount of time and you should have caught it. Also, we tend to surge in the afternoon they say! Did you stop liquids and hold your pee for at least 3 hours before you took the test? This will help concentrate the LH. If you did all that, perhaps your body doesn't surge much and you can test twice but it might be hard to hold liquids and pee for 3 hours twice a day!!! Or maybe you missed it because it happened on a day before or after when you thought it should? Just thinking out loud here…I'm in the third week of my 6th cycle so I'm with you - it does seem like forever!!! But maybe 6 is the new third times the charm 2x the charm?? :haha:

AFM, I've had a bit of a rollercoaster of a day that's left me exhausted. It's only 10pm and I'm heading to bed after posting - my usual bedtime is 12:30am! I got up early to finish the proofs for that client I shot last week then I battled my iPad which wouldn't let me put the proofs into this one proofing app and left me tearing my hair out. DH has a cold so of course 'it's the end of the world' and was *not* helping with his snide comments and we ended up arguing. I even teared up! Then I had to rush to shower and get ready to make my meeting to show them the proofs. Fortunately, they LOVED them and it was a great session - they ordered a bunch of prints which made me feel good. Then, we had a good dinner but I got all stressed when DH decided to nap rather than help me clean up when I was feeling *exhausted* and had a headache - the adrenalin of the stress of getting ready and through my client meeting wore off and I felt awful. Not a good day and I just want it to end! So heading to bed :sleep:

You are sooo good at keeping up with everyone! Hope you get some rest and feel better. :hugs:

MrsChezek I don't know how I missed it! I was so disappointed not to get a full positive, I did get an almost, almost positive and then a negative and it lined up with my other ovulation signs so I took it as a positive. I did hold my pee for two hours before but I tend to get a headache if I don't drink enough water while I'm at work...maybe I should try smu...i should only have to test once or twice at work because of how my days line up

Mrs.Chezek: its probably AF already. but i don't knowmy ovulation day. because my ob was checking my follicles every two days. sorry, i'm not really good with the abbreviation thingy yet. what is HPT? I was thinking of buying a basal thermometer, is it too late to start charting my bbt? thanks.

Mrs.Chezek: its probably AF already. but i don't knowmy ovulation day. because my ob was checking my follicles every two days. sorry, i'm not really good with the abbreviation thingy yet. what is HPT? I was thinking of buying a basal thermometer, is it too late to start charting my bbt? thanks.

HPT - Home Pregnancy Test. It's nvr too late to start bbt charting, it lets ur know ur body better in my opinion

@Mr. Chezek: I have AF already, do I still need to take HPT?

@MayJan: You are right. Ok, I will buy that thermometer later today. thanks.

piglet - if you are having your normal AF flow (not spotting), then you're out for this month I'm afraid! No need to HPT :hugs: However, go get that thermie and start charting your temps. This will help you pinpoint your ovulation and help you know when to BD as much as you can!

luna - you can always take sips every 15 minutes to keep your body hydrated a bit more but you should still be able to hold your pee. But if you held it already for 2 hours and missed it...hmm, wait, did you drink tons during those 2 hours? Cause that would dilute your LH levels and explain the "almost positive". SMU might work too! Not everyone surges in the afternoon - that's just some average someone figured out! GL chica! We'll figure this out together :hugs:

How is everyone else??? Good weekend? I've got a lot of work to do which means I'll still be here...lol. But I'm going to try hard NOT TO. Anyone testing this week?? I plan to test with next Monday's FMU :thumbup: Assuming AF doesn't get me of course!!

:hug: to all!

piglet - if you are having your normal AF flow (not spotting), then you're out for this month I'm afraid! No need to HPT :hugs: However, go get that thermie and start charting your temps. This will help you pinpoint your ovulation and help you know when to BD as much as you can!

luna - you can always take sips every 15 minutes to keep your body hydrated a bit more but you should still be able to hold your pee. But if you held it already for 2 hours and missed it...hmm, wait, did you drink tons during those 2 hours? Cause that would dilute your LH levels and explain the "almost positive". SMU might work too! Not everyone surges in the afternoon - that's just some average someone figured out! GL chica! We'll figure this out together :hugs:

How is everyone else??? Good weekend? I've got a lot of work to do which means I'll still be here...lol. But I'm going to try hard NOT TO. Anyone testing this week?? I plan to test with next Monday's FMU :thumbup: Assuming AF doesn't get me of course!!

:hug: to all!

yes, i think this is my AF already. I'll be going to my OB tonight. I think she'll start me with the clomid thing again. Thanks Mrs. Chezek!

I had my very first migraine headache yesterday. Made a bad day worse. :( I'm CD7, how did that week go by so quick?? Hoping this week goes by as quickly.

I know! I'm already on cd5 yet the last 5 days of my cycle feel like an eternity!

Who is going to try Softcups or Conceive Plus this cycle? I'm very curious to hear the results.

Who is going to try Softcups or Conceive Plus this cycle? I'm very curious to hear the results.

I'm going to do this cycle au naturel and probably try preseed or conceive plus and soft cups next time if it doesn't work. I ran completely out of all my tampons and pads this cycle both at home and work so I'm thinking it's a sign!

I am going to "try" the softcups. I am stll very nervous of them, but they are something I have not tired yet and I am desperate enough to give it a go now

Hi Smimms! I ordered my Conceive Plus and it should be delivered today! I have no idea when I will ovulate again though. Could be this Friday. I plan to use it this entire week. I'll let you know!

I just don't think I'm down enough for SoftCups though.

Mrs HH - I'm a bit confused re your cycle. What cycle day are you on? )Count CD1 as the first day of your last period) What day in the cycle does that Sat you had those pains fall on? If we assume you ovulated then, did you BD anywhere in the 5 days before to 2 days after that day? If so, you could be pregnant and you would be around 9DPO today, which is too early to test. Friday would then be the best day to test but you could test on Thursday - like preg_pilot suggested, stay away from the digi as they need a higher level of hCG to show a + and you want to test earlier. GL!

Thank you! In that case my cd1 would be 14April but it was just a bcp break and then i haven't taken any bcp when i was then due to. so not sure if that counts as cd1 or not?! if it is then pains would have been around cd30 (wknd of 14th) and we did bd few days before. Tbh I'm expecting cycle to be all over place for a bit but if pains were ov then i was expecting af to have shown up by now? thanks v much for advice. might just buy a test and take it with me to try if af doesn't show during hol!
Thanks again x

I'm trying the concieve plus, it was delievered to my house today!
I got softcups but I's still afraid of them.

I'm on CD12 already.....wow that went much faster than the 2ww.
This month is weird for me, I'm taking more of a not stressing approach, no tests no tempting just :sex: whenever we feel like it. I don't know how many more months of this I can take :wacko:

June 9th feels like forever away right now. We decided to sale our house so the next couple of weeks getting it ready are going to be crazy!

How was everyone's weekend?
Any testers this week?

Preg_Pilot - AWESOME AWESOME News!!!!! That made me so happy to come on here today and see you got your :bfp:!! A very happy and healthy 9 months to you! I hope you pop back in here once and a while and let us know how you are doing and share your great journey with us! YAY!!!

I missed this weekend and a lot of updates. I'm sorry everyone is feeling a little down. I was too after AF arrived. I am also on my 6th cycle now. I have been using preseed but havent tried softcups yet. I think I am going to keep going without them for a while. They seem tricky to me for some reason.

Welcome to all the newbies!

Luna - I have been ordering the amazon cheapies as well and love them. I can see what you mean though about getting addicted.

Speaking of addicted and getting obsessed, I think I am going to try not to be on bnb as much. So, I will be checking in only every few days or weekly. Honestly, I am tired of thinking about ttc so much - cutting back on this, cutting back on that, BD'ing on the right days, using the right helpers - to no avail each month. Maybe it isn't the right attitude, but I need to stop thinking about it so much at least right now.

In any event, Bakingbabe and Lily, I still want to be cycle buddies!! I am going to add you to my sig if y'all don't mind.

Big :hugs: for everyone.

Want to be cycle buddies with me too? We're even both on our 6th try! :)

Hoping to start the every other day bding through ov day tonight, really hoping this is my lucky cycle :D

I missed this weekend and a lot of updates. I'm sorry everyone is feeling a little down. I was too after AF arrived. I am also on my 6th cycle now. I have been using preseed but havent tried softcups yet. I think I am going to keep going without them for a while. They seem tricky to me for some reason.

Welcome to all the newbies!

Luna - I have been ordering the amazon cheapies as well and love them. I can see what you mean though about getting addicted.

Speaking of addicted and getting obsessed, I think I am going to try not to be on bnb as much. So, I will be checking in only every few days or weekly. Honestly, I am tired of thinking about ttc so much - cutting back on this, cutting back on that, BD'ing on the right days, using the right helpers - to no avail each month. Maybe it isn't the right attitude, but I need to stop thinking about it so much at least right now.

In any event, Bakingbabe and Lily, I still want to be cycle buddies!! I am going to add you to my sig if y'all don't mind.

Big :hugs: for everyone.

I don't mind at all! :) :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back