TTC #1 and over 30

Alisa, my DH is getting his SA don't tomorrow. Our doc gave us a container to collect the spermies in and I just have to drop off the sample to the lab within the hour. "I" drop it off since it makes DH uncomfortable to drop it off himself. Just giving you another "collection" option where your DH isn't too involved in having to talk to people. Women are so used to getting annual checkups and talking about all sort of things that go on with our bodies...guys barly even go for checkups every 5 years (if your lucky!).

rmsh1, let me know how the softcups go...I have been thinking about using them but dont know how hard/messy they are to use.

AFM, I'll test in 2-3 days; but, only if my temp is still up on 10dpo (it always seems to drop by that time).

Mrs.Chezek, I had my family visiting this weekend so I have been kindof MIA-sorry for being a lousy cycle buddy! I'll be testing in 2-3 days- depending if my temp stays up. My LP is never longer than 12 days so that is why it typically starts dropping at 10dpo. I am not sure if Clomid will change my LP length or not- so I don't want to get too excited if AF isn't here on 12dpo (but probably would anyway:wacko:).

I did a test run with softcups and after i got over the shock of putting it in it was alright. I couldn't even feel it. Getting it out is slightly tricky. A little self violating.

Alisa, my DH is getting his SA don't tomorrow. Our doc gave us a container to collect the spermies in and I just have to drop off the sample to the lab within the hour. "I" drop it off since it makes DH uncomfortable to drop it off himself. Just giving you another "collection" option where your DH isn't too involved in having to talk to people. Women are so used to getting annual checkups and talking about all sort of things that go on with our bodies...guys barly even go for checkups every 5 years (if your lucky!).

rmsh1, let me know how the softcups go...I have been thinking about using them but dont know how hard/messy they are to use.

AFM, I'll test in 2-3 days; but, only if my temp is still up on 10dpo (it always seems to drop by that time).

Oh that's awesome! He is going to be so relieved to know he can handle it at HOME! Well, step 1 is getting his rear end to the Doc PERIOD. We'll get there!

I got my Conceive Plus in the mail today! Can't wait to try it out. I think I'll go pee on an OPK stick now! CHERIO!

I did a test run with softcups and after i got over the shock of putting it in it was alright. I couldn't even feel it. Getting it out is slightly tricky. A little self violating.

Ughhhh. That sounds miserable.

Honestly they're not bad. You just have to bear down when taking them out. I would practice before using them.

Honestly they're not bad. You just have to bear down when taking them out. I would practice before using them.

Lol, I'm sure they're fine. I just can't even get an OB tampon in the right position! Let alone a cervix cup. Hehehe.
I'm intimidated! But, I would like to not miss ANY chance for a baby bean!!

Piglet - how did your OB appt go?

bakingbabe - I hope this week goes by quickly too! So I can get my BFP and get on with life :winkwink: Sorry about the migraine - I used to get a lot of those when I was younger. Thankfully I seem to get them once in a blue moon now.

Mrs HH - AF or a BFP would show up anywhere between 12-16 days after the day you think you Oed. I would test on day 14 at the earliest if AF doesn't show - It's too late past my bedtime for me to do the math for you. I'm tired! Sowwy :dohh: But if it means POASing on hols, then bring one along! :winkwink: Don't test too early cause the stark white BFNs are disheartening to say the least. GL!

MD - do whatever you need to do to stay sane! We'll miss you but we'll look forward to your pop ins :hugs: GL!!! xx

Kmae - good luck to your DH tomorrow!!! FX it's all good at his end :hugs: Don't you think testing on 10DPO is a bit too early??? Wait until 12DPO - I don't want you risking seeing that false negative if you don't have to!!! Especially since clomid might delay your LP :hugs: I plan to test on Monday - FX to us!!!!
:dust:

When are you testing Joey?

Smimms - I just got a bad mental image of my fishing around for a softcup in my nether-parts!!! :haha: Not too excited to try these yet…but I will eventually if that is what it will take!! :thumbup:

Sounds like a lot of you are gearing up for Ovulation - good luck to each of you!!! Hope you catch those eggies ladies!!! FX
:dust: :dust: :dust:

Wow I went smiley happy in my previous post! :dohh:
Oops :haha:

bakingbabe - I hope this week goes by quickly too! So I can get my BFP and get on with life :winkwink: Sorry about the migraine - I used to get a lot of those when I was younger. Thankfully I seem to get them once in a blue moon now.

Mrs HH - AF or a BFP would show up anywhere between 12-16 days after the day you think you Oed. I would test on day 14 at the earliest if AF doesn't show - It's too late past my bedtime for me to do the math for you. I'm tired! Sowwy :dohh: But if it means POASing on hols, then bring one along! :winkwink: Don't test too early cause the stark white BFNs are disheartening to say the least. GL!

MD - do whatever you need to do to stay sane! We'll miss you but we'll look forward to your pop ins :hugs: GL!!! xx

Kmae - good luck to your DH tomorrow!!! FX it's all good at his end :hugs: Don't you think testing on 10DPO is a bit too early??? Wait until 12DPO - I don't want you risking seeing that false negative if you don't have to!!! Especially since clomid might delay your LP :hugs: I plan to test on Monday - FX to us!!!!

Smimms - I just got a bad mental image of my fishing around for a softcup in my nether-parts!!! :haha: Not too excited to try these yet…but I will eventually if that is what it will take!! :thumbup:

Sounds like a lot of you are gearing up for Ovulation - good luck to each of you!!! Hope you catch those eggies ladies!!! FX

Hi Mrs.Chezek! I'm still a bit sad this morning. When I went to my doctor last night, she told me she is not going to give me any medications for the month of May. I got the CLC's because of clomid. I have very sensitive ovaries. how about that? She will just give me duphaston. I have to go back this thursday, we wants to check me via TVS to check if i still have those cysts. Sometimes I think I could only produce cysts and no babies. I asked her about taking my BBT. at first she didn't understand why I have to take my BBT, then told me it will not be feasible because I'll be taking duphaston my temp will defiitely be high and not reliable.

I don't know what to do anymore. Maybe I should change OB. What do you think?

Piglet24 - I think it's always good to seek second opinion before u start taking any medication. u'll be more at ease i think

Hi! Sorry haven't been on here for a couple of days - work is crazy at the moment!!
AF is due today so I am sad to say that I gave in and tested this morning!!!!! Got a BFN - stark white, nothing!!!! I kind of expected it as I don't feel different in any way but it was still really disappointing :cry:
If AF hasn't arrived by Thursday (I fully expect the witch will!) I will test again then!

Hope everyone else is having more luck :flower:

Piglet24 - I think it's always good to seek second opinion before u start taking any medication. u'll be more at ease i think

yeah, i think so too. I'm trying to check doctors in the city. I'm also asking friends to recommend good doctors.most of the doctors in the city are doing the IVF thing. I'm afraid it'll be too expensive.

Preg_Pilot - AWESOME AWESOME News!!!!! That made me so happy to come on here today and see you got your :bfp:!! A very happy and healthy 9 months to you! I hope you pop back in here once and a while and let us know how you are doing and share your great journey with us! YAY!!!

Yea, I´ll be keeping tabs on you guys, offering advice when I think I have any :)

Preg_Pilot - AWESOME AWESOME News!!!!! That made me so happy to come on here today and see you got your :bfp:!! A very happy and healthy 9 months to you! I hope you pop back in here once and a while and let us know how you are doing and share your great journey with us! YAY!!!

Yea, I´ll be keeping tabs on you guys, offering advice when I think I have any :)

Good!

Good!

Hi! Sorry haven't been on here for a couple of days - work is crazy at the moment!!
AF is due today so I am sad to say that I gave in and tested this morning!!!!! Got a BFN - stark white, nothing!!!! I kind of expected it as I don't feel different in any way but it was still really disappointing :cry:
If AF hasn't arrived by Thursday (I fully expect the witch will!) I will test again then!

Hope everyone else is having more luck :flower:

Sorry Joey-same exact thing happened to me last cycle the day before af but IMO its better than squinting at false evaps and wondering! If it's not your cycle you can jump onto the valentines baby wagon with us! Good luck....

Piglet- I agree get a second opinion.

Prego_pilot I am glad to hear you will stick around :)

I thought I would update my situation today. I am 9 dpo. The last few days my nipples get so hard they hurt REAL bad kind of like they are on fire. I am cramping like af is on her way since 5 dpo. Also, have a lower back ache, legs hurt, on and off slight nausea. I'm frustrated and just want af to get here already so I can move on to next month. As you can tell I am pretty sure my body is just playing games with me. I almost want to test to prove to myself there is no hope.

I haven't been on in awhile -- been busy with life and work!

I had my day 14 ultrasound (after Clomid) and they saw 2 follicles (23mm and 27mm). Got my +OPK this morning! Yay! I love seeing that smilie face! :happydance:

They asked if I wanted a shot of Ovidrel to help my LH surge along, but I declined. So glad I did, because my body is doing it by itself :thumbup:

Anyone familiar with follicle sizes? Can a follicle be too big?

:hug:

Piglet - it's never a bad idea to get a second opinion. It can't hurt! So I'd check in with someone else before you start any meeds. Sorry you're struggling so much! :hugs: Hopefully someone will figure out something for you soon!

Joey - nooooooo :growlmad: Sorry the ugly BFN got you :nope: BUT you're not out yet so I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you until Thursday!!

nikkih - if you test now, you'll just prove the fact that 9DPO is way too early to test!!! :winkwink: You're pretty much guaranteed a BFN. Just keep thinking positive thoughts and ride it out until at least 12DPO, ideally 14. I'm just one day behind you if you want to buddy up - we can ride out this cycle together! :hugs:

grkprn - excellent news indeed! I don't know about whether they can be too big so the bigger the better in my book!!!! :shrug: GL this week - hope you catch that eggy!

I'm tired. I got up this morning all psyched up about finishing that project (basically had to put together the client invoice and send it off) and now that that is done, I'm crashing. Unfortunately, I have a long day to go! Need to take care of a million errands before my next shoot tomorrow night and have PT all afternoon again. BLAH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->