TTC #1 and over 30

Just curious as to how the hubbys are reacting to ttc and timing bd. How do you make him feel special even though it sex with a purpose not just fun. My hubby is getting freaked out by it. He wants a baby, he just doesn't like the take your clothes off because this test says it time to do me. Tmi. I just want to make him feel like more than just a sperm machine.

Smimms I am CD13 but I O late so finding cycle buddies is hard. I could be buddies but I suspect you will still beat me to O LOL

Let's buddy up. I should o the 30th fx. How lon, gs was your last cycle?

I have been Oing around CD29 recently, give or take a few days, with 43-44 day cycles. So I am looking to O around July 7th LOL I never find buddies, it sucks

I am seeing a doc on June 1st though to discuss my long cycles, as they are normally around 33-36 days, just the last two have been really long and tortuous

Just curious as to how the hubbys are reacting to ttc and timing bd. How do you make him feel special even though it sex with a purpose not just fun. My hubby is getting freaked out by it. He wants a baby, he just doesn't like the take your clothes off because this test says it time to do me. Tmi. I just want to make him feel like more than just a sperm machine.

My OH is OK about it all, I just say we BD every other day if possible, and more frequently if we feel like it. He seems happy with that. Only around O time do we both get a little pressured, so this month I have decided we will jsut do every other day even around O, unless we REALLY feel like it. It is hard. I try to get him in the mood with extra foreplay

Dh is okay with the timing and schedule since we are doing smep. My Dh is a very schedule oriented person so he likes knowing when. In fact, he asked me last night the results of the opk I took and seemed disappointed it was negative. Dude, it was only cd8! So impatient!

Want to be cycle buddies with me too? We're even both on our 6th try! :)

Hoping to start the every other day bding through ov day tonight, really hoping this is my lucky cycle :D

Yes!! Definitely. :happydance: I will add you to my sig as well.

Sad news.. Our first BFP Jewelsbaby81 went in for her scan yesterday and the baby stopped growing @ 6 weeks and had no heartbeat :cry:
Best wishes to her and her husband.

I am so sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

MD1223 want to be my cycle buddy? :winkwink: Anyone else around cd7?

Yes!! I do! :) Adding you to my sig too! Thank you for thinking of me! Rmsh - I will be your buddy too! I am sorry you are having a hard time matching up with another lady, but hopefully we'll all just get our bfps! this cyle and can be bump buddies and we won't have to worry being off next cycle. :) :dust:!!!!

Hi Ladies...I know I'm a bit late in this thread...but would it be possible for me to join? I will be 30 on Saturday (gulp!) and me and my DH have been trying to conceive our first little love lump since July 2011 with no luck!
You all look like a lovely supportive bunch of ladies and it would be great to chat to you.

Of course! Welcome! And, happy birthday! :) 30 was one of my favorite birthdays.

Preg_pilot how many dpo were you when you tested and got your BFP??? I am really trying to fight the urge to poas and wait until tomorrow!!!!

The rule on this thread is 12dpo! Of course-I've broken said rule...

Good luck!

Whoops - I broke that last time too . . . but before I knew the rule so I'm excusing myself. ;) Defy sticking to it from here on out!

Yeah, my DH has been better about it but I just try to act like I really want him (I do want him, but you know) and don't mention the baby thing until actual day of +opk. This cycle he was so sweet about making it happen on those days but he did get a little tired and, of course, after I stopped being all randy for him and he defy noticed. He was like how come you wanted to have so much sex when it can make a baby but not now. I was like - whoops! I just told him I was tired from so much sex before. Haha - I better work on that this time. I don't want him to start feeling used for baby making.

So excited for all of you ladies close to testing!!! Hold out a little longer - you are all so close! Keeping my FX'd and sending lots and lots of :dust: your way!!!

Preg_P - How are you feeling? Have you made your first dr's appt? When do you go? Are you going to find out what you are having? And did you join a January baby thread? Sorry for all the questions! Just so excited for you! :)

It seems like all of our moods have picked up a little from the weekend. So glad! :hugs: and :dust: for all!

Can I join this thread too? Just found it! I'm 30 and OH is 32 and we are FTC #1 for 6 months. Currently half way through my 2ww so in need of some moral support!

Can I join this thread too? Just found it! I'm 30 and OH is 32 and we are FTC #1 for 6 months. Currently half way through my 2ww so in need of some moral support!

Of course! Welcome! A lot of us are on our 6th cycle. FX'd and :dust: for you!

MrsChezek how are you today?

I am doing good wishing Sunday would get here! I am cramping so bad I expect AF to be here.

Yeah I wish Monday would be here tomorrow too! I hate these last few days - I am so on edge :dohh: I'm doing better today. Less backache (which I hate), and the cramping has changed to more of a pulling/twinging sensation - oh and my bbs have changed! The bumps are more pronounced on the nipples which I read could be a sign so FX. But they don't hurt or anything so I dunno! Just trying to ride it out, keeping busy with work stuff :coffee:

FX and dust to all of us testing in the next week!
:dust:

Excited. The ladies here are super supportive, welcome :)

I def. FEEL like I've O'd even although the temps are a little inconclusive. one week tomorrow and I can go get my thyroid bloods done again. At least that would be moving forward.

Mrschezek - those symptoms sound promising! fx'd! :dust:

Smimms - I rarely tell my DH when my OPK is positive; I'm sure that he knows though, because I up the bd'ing schedule on him! I also try to make it a bit more romantic or as romantic as we can be :sex:

Welcome to the thread Excited81! The ladies here are wonderful; I'm typically pretty quiet on the board the first 2 weeks until the wonderful TWW rolls around! :thumbup:

:dust: and :bfp: to all testing in the next week!

Welcome Excited:hi:

Mrschezek, your symptoms are sounding really promising! I want this week to fly by!!!

onebumpplease, I have had to do numerous tests. Now I'm on Clomid. Each time I get a test done or in this case a new drug- I feel like I'm progressing. I hope your tests come out in the normal range!

Smimms, my DH will BD whenever requested. He knows there is only a small chance each month and wouldn't dare risk it. This cycle we BD'd every other day and then three days in a row once I o'd and that worked out great. We pretty much make a joke out of the whole thing- when we are on our scheduled BD day I call it "sexy time." I'll remind him by saying, "It's sexy time tonight!"

woops...forgot to give my status for today. I am on 10dpo and my temp is still up (woop- woop!) but, I am also on Clomid for the first time and heard it can extend your LP- so who knows. But, I do have sore bbs today- like on the side of them. Plus I have water cm which I don't usually have. Only time will tell. Urg...I can't wait to test on Friday!!!

woops...forgot to give my status for today. I am on 10dpo and my temp is still up (woop- woop!) but, I am also on Clomid for the first time and heard it can extend your LP- so who knows. But, I do have sore bbs today- like on the side of them. Plus I have water cm which I don't usually have. Only time will tell. Urg...I can't wait to test on Friday!!!

Awesome news!! I believe I o'ed yesterday -- massive cramping :wacko: Some of the worst I've ever had! So now comes the TWW....](*,) I'll have to remember that Clomid can extend your LP...

Fx'd for your test on Friday! Can't wait to hear about some :bfp:'s!

:dust::dust:

Preg_pilot how many dpo were you when you tested and got your BFP??? I am really trying to fight the urge to poas and wait until tomorrow!!!!

I got my BFP on 25DPO.
It is possible that I ovulated later, that would have been max a week later.
That would mean I got my BFP on 18DPO.

I am pretty sure I ovulated on the 25th though, going by O-pains. (and not a week later).

Sometimes it just takes time for HCG to gather up...

My OH was just ecstatic about all the extra sex he was getting :)

Preg_P - How are you feeling? Have you made your first dr's appt? When do you go? Are you going to find out what you are having? And did you join a January baby thread? Sorry for all the questions! Just so excited for you! :)

It seems like all of our moods have picked up a little from the weekend. So glad! :hugs: and :dust: for all!

Feeling pretty good, still very tired, very slight cramps and sore boobs.
I´ll be calling a midwife next wednesday (I get back from Seattle then).
Complicated life ATM. I´m currently with my OH in Denmark, flying to Iceland on friday, only to jet off to Seattle on Sunday, will be back on tuesday evening.
I actually haven´t joined a january thread yet, haven´t had much time to be on here due to training, that I just finished yesterday.

Welcome to the thread Excited :)

Hey there all, I am 32 and just starting... been ttc on our own for about 4 years and only recently began to think something might be.... I don't want to say wrong... but lets us off... I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow, my first gyn since talking to her about ttc. Mayjan suggested that I join all you lovely ladies here. I will admit I didn't read the 102 pages of posts... :blush: Hoping to find more support and friends here... Wishing us all the best and :dust: all around....

Ky

Hey there all, I am 32 and just starting... been ttc on our own for about 4 years and only recently began to think something might be.... I don't want to say wrong... but lets us off... I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow, my first gyn since talking to her about ttc. Mayjan suggested that I join all you lovely ladies here. I will admit I didn't read the 102 pages of posts... :blush: Hoping to find more support and friends here... Wishing us all the best and :dust: all around....

Ky

Welcome to the thread :)
You´ll find immeasurable support here, as I did.

Thanks Preg_pilot :wohoo: It's a relief to have some place to go to talk to people who understand what I am going through.

Your husband sounds like me last night! Lately has been very "to the point" if you will and I told DH I didn't want our sex life to turn into a math game. Although this should be the front of my fertile days, I opted to not BD as I was bummed on several different levels. Mainly that making a baby has been so damned difficult. I agreed to not make as big of a deal out of the positive OPKs (which I havent gotten yet as of the AM anyway) and let things be natural. Perhaps OMITTING the O-info from your DH will help him out. The longer my husband and I try, the less I care to talk about the obsession. In fact, I am tired of the obsession. I've even contemplated whether or not I really want to have a baby yet. (yeah right I don't!) But I'm so drained...

Welcome Excited:hi:

Mrschezek, your symptoms are sounding really promising! I want this week to fly by!!!

onebumpplease, I have had to do numerous tests. Now I'm on Clomid. Each time I get a test done or in this case a new drug- I feel like I'm progressing. I hope your tests come out in the normal range!

Smimms, my DH will BD whenever requested. He knows there is only a small chance each month and wouldn't dare risk it. This cycle we BD'd every other day and then three days in a row once I o'd and that worked out great. We pretty much make a joke out of the whole thing- when we are on our scheduled BD day I call it "sexy time." I'll remind him by saying, "It's sexy time tonight!"

HA! I call it "sexy time" too! and I say the same thing! hahaha, "It's sexy time tonight!" hahaha, too funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->