TTC #1 and over 30

So, I told dh about the SMEP and I thought he was going to be like - honey, let's just enjoy ourselves and not get so regimented. I was shocked when he said - OK, you're in charge. Just tell me when we have to get neky. Yay! So happy he is ok with this. So, we start tonight. SMEP!!! I hope you work! I might also get some mucinex. We have preseed but he doesn't like the way that feels. Plus, it does worry me a bit about the potential link to higher chem pregs since I already had one.

DH is in a high stress job so I am afraid that has had/is having an effect on his swimmers. Fingers crossed it is not. He just started working out again so maybe that will help.

Preseed makes me nervous after hearing the stories, but the good seems to outweigh the bad. If it gives you a higher probability of pregnancy go for it! I'm going to try conceive plus this month. I hear they both have parabens and that's not the best thing to expose your body to, but hopefully it won't be exposed to it for long. Fx

Yeah. I think if I can get mucinex to do the same but naturally that may be the way to go for me.

Crazy about your friend. I'm going to work on not thinking about it so much and relaxing more. Here's to trying. :)

Well the :witch: arrived today so I am out - feeling quite sad about it - really felt that this was our month! But never mind, back to the never ending waiting.

Good luck and :dust: to everyone!!

:hugs:

hi i'm back. went to my OB this afternoon. my ovaries are cleared again. so no more CLC. She told me to take clomid but half tablet a day for 5 days. today is my cd5. hopefully no more cyst will come up.

Good luck piglet!! :dust: :dust: :dust:

Happy Birthday Luna. My 32nd birthday is coming up in a couple weeks (June 11) and I am just dreading the thought of not being pg by then- so I know what you mean.

MD1223, so sorry the witch got you:cry: I hope this cycle it's your turn

piglet24, yah! so glad they came back clear! I hope the Clomid works for you this cycle!

Smimms, yay, this pg is such a load of crap sometimes. It seems as though the people who really shouldn't be having babies (i.e. druggies, can't afford them...) are the ones who get pg the easiest. And those of us who planned our whole lives around having babies and remained responsible have the hardest. :dohh:

kydreamer, it's great that your appointment went well. I hope don't have to go back and see her because you will be pg by then!

AFM, can't wait to test tomorrow (12dpo) but am also freaked out about seeing a downer BFN.

MrsChezek, it's great that you are staying nice and busy. 13 dpo will be here before you know it. I amazingly did not paos this morning- but I will be tomorrow morning (unless AF gets me by then). Testing is such an emotional roller coaster- you want to test to get some answers but if the answer is a BFN its just brings you down. Here's hoping to waking up to a BFP on our testing morning!

Well the :witch: arrived today so I am out - feeling quite sad about it - really felt that this was our month! But never mind, back to the never ending waiting.

That :witch:! Sorry to hear she arrived. :( :hug:

gypsy,

I completely understand how hard it is not to test... Waiting is sooo hard to do... I test if I have one in the house also... and I get the feeling like you ovulated and wanting to test... I am not regular all the time. What game are you and the b/f playing?? I'm a bit of a nerd and play MMORPG's.... I am pretty lucky in that if I can get my hands busy my brain usually follows what I am doing.... Best of luck in your tww and lots of :dust: to you.

Ky

I played wow for 6ish years, and the game that we have been playing is diablo 3. He is a computer gamer and that is where all his friends are, and that is fine with me. I think it is kind of cute. He plays everything and anything he can. There are very few games we don't have. They give me something to do.

Ky, I love those bunnies in your avatar. They are probably the cutest pets put in the game.

Thank you everyone for all the support. This thread is amazing. I haven't been here as long as everyone else, but I feel like all of you are my friends, and one can never have too many friends, especially friends who understand and can empathize with the stress of ttc.

Found out today that my 33 y/o "former" friend is pregnant. Apparently the baby is a happy accident. The funny thing is she's a former pothead (as far as I know) druggie. I stopped hanging out with her because she got too out of control :drunk:. Now she has 2 beautiful daughters and another on the way. Moral of the story is if she can get pregnant after all the BS she put her body through then it must be only a matter of time for us. I think just taking time to relax, meditate and not worry about TTC, testing and all that comes with it will do wonders. \\:D/
Of course it's easier said than done..:dohh:

Some women are so damn fertile it makes me SICK!

I myself am trying RELAX as well. You know what they say about the stress. Im just not sure how to avoid it...

:hugs: Sorry Joey. I know that feeling very well. At least these next two weeks will FLY by. Nothing is worse than the 2WW.

hi i'm back. went to my OB this afternoon. my ovaries are cleared again. so no more CLC. She told me to take clomid but half tablet a day for 5 days. today is my cd5. hopefully no more cyst will come up.

AWESOME news Piglet!!! :thumbup:

MrsChezek, it's great that you are staying nice and busy. 13 dpo will be here before you know it. I amazingly did not paos this morning- but I will be tomorrow morning (unless AF gets me by then). Testing is such an emotional roller coaster- you want to test to get some answers but if the answer is a BFN its just brings you down. Here's hoping to waking up to a BFP on our testing morning!

Everytime I see a BFN a dagger slices my heart in two (or 3 or 4 or 5). GOOD LUCK TOMORROW MORNING!!!!!!!!

Seriously??? I just took an opk and it was stark white. Yesterday and the day before I could see a line, it was still pretty light but wtf!! They are supposed to get darker, dang it. Ugh.

*Update* Ok, I see pretty much the same lines as yesterday's test so I'm less panicky about missing my o. I hope it gets darker tomorrow. :) Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

Hello!

I am trying to SMEP, and was wondering when does Day8 start, I had my period last Friday, so do I also count Day 1 of period as well, if so, tomorrow will be Day 8 to start BD..Also, anyone tried Robitussin with Guaifenesin only, and Pre-seed, I have been taking Robitussin since my last day of period and want to try Pre-seed.. any feedback?

Thanks!

Hello!

I am trying to SMEP, and was wondering when does Day8 start, I had my period last Friday, so do I also count Day 1 of period as well, if so, tomorrow will be Day 8 to start BD..Also, anyone tried Robitussin with Guaifenesin only, and Pre-seed, I have been taking Robitussin since my last day of period and want to try Pre-seed.. any feedback?

Thanks!

Hi, Tumtum! :wave: I count the first day of my period as cd1. I am taking Mucinex in pill form this month with Guaifensin only and I can't say yet if it's doing anything. I just got a negative opk, stark white so I have no idea what's going on with the old body. Dh and I use a version of preseed called "pre" just because I don't like the measured out lube. We just use it when we need it. :blush: I like the lube, it's pretty watery and does seem to help.

Something that I am wondering about. When I have AF cramps usually, I can use my heating pad to help ease them. Can I do that now considering that my cramps can possibly be pregnant cramps or will using the heating pad have a negative effect if I am in fact pregnant?

gypsy I would not use the heating pad. But, then again I am one who airs on the side of caution.

Seriously??? I just took an opk and it was stark white. Yesterday and the day before I could see a line, it was still pretty light but wtf!! They are supposed to get darker, dang it. Ugh.

*Update* Ok, I see pretty much the same lines as yesterday's test so I'm less panicky about missing my o. I hope it gets darker tomorrow. :) Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

Good luck BB!! Imma go POAS now too! ...

Kmae and nikki - gah I'm so excited for you both testing tomorrow morning!!!! :happydance:

Something that I am wondering about. When I have AF cramps usually, I can use my heating pad to help ease them. Can I do that now considering that my cramps can possibly be pregnant cramps or will using the heating pad have a negative effect if I am in fact pregnant?

My dr's nurse told if you wanted to use heat for cramps to put the heating pad on your back not your stomach in case you were pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->