TTC #1 and over 30

please help me.. i m confused.. rare problem... my gyne gave me meds for conception.. clomid , progynova and progesterone... now yesterday i met a new gyne who pointed out less bleeding and clots in my AF.. I m SORRY.. but now confused why he prescribed lots of antibiotics to me.. and my hubby... we both r clear of uti now even on culture...

whom should i follow.. first one or the second one...

My DH is very open to adoption. Whenever I get down about getting preggo, he mentions it and says we'll have our big family one way or another. I have always been open to adoption as well. I love babies and kids and like the idea of providing a loving and happy home and family for a baby(ies) who needs one. We have always discussed adoption whether we can have our own or not. That said, I have always wanted to have my own (I realize adopted babies will become "my own" but . . . ) and even more so now that I have found my husband and am so in love with him - I really want to have babies that are a mix of the two of us, you know? I also have always loved the idea of being pregnant. It is not a dream I think I will ever give up on. I think if we aren't preggo by the end of the year, we will likely start looking into adoption and just also continue trying.

For those of you open to adoption, have you thought about whether you will adopt locally (in your home country) or a foreign baby?

On another note, I got my positive OPK this morning. Yay! Doing the SMEP this month. It's been good so far.

Gypsy and Babysa - FX'd for you two! Anyone else testing soon?

OOOOOOOOO where do I start?!?!?! The one thing I was dreading happening happened! :dohh:

I get the lovely phone call from my high school bff last night, which mind you works part time, lives at her mom's with her 7 year old, is single, and drives a beater car than never runs right.........is PREGNANT by a drug dealer who she wants nothing to do with. :sigh:

I am just in shock and do sad today, why does this happen? :cry:

After 2 years and 4 months of trying, I'm getting ready to throw in the towel. I don't know how much more I can take. I make diaper cakes and baskets on the side so i had to go to babies r us last night and wow those are starting to ruin my days too.

Oh no Breezy! I can't explain how or why this happens, but it truly does suck, especially when you are TTC! :dohh: Don't throw in the towel -- I may have asked this already, but are you seeing an OB or a RE? I'm 38 and I just started seeing an RE in 11/2011, due to not getting pregnant after 2 years of NTNP. Sometimes it's hard to do, but think positive :flower:!

And thank you for your input on your co-worker that had a lower progesterone level and had a sticky bean! That's why I love this forum...we are all willing to help each other!! :)

Sending you :hugs: for a better rest of your day! :)

OOOOOOOOO where do I start?!?!?! The one thing I was dreading happening happened! :dohh:

I get the lovely phone call from my high school bff last night, which mind you works part time, lives at her mom's with her 7 year old, is single, and drives a beater car than never runs right.........is PREGNANT by a drug dealer who she wants nothing to do with. :sigh:

I am just in shock and do sad today, why does this happen? :cry:

After 2 years and 4 months of trying, I'm getting ready to throw in the towel. I don't know how much more I can take. I make diaper cakes and baskets on the side so i had to go to babies r us last night and wow those are starting to ruin my days too.

Oh no Breezy! I can't explain how or why this happens, but it truly does suck, especially when you are TTC! :dohh: Don't throw in the towel -- I may have asked this already, but are you seeing an OB or a RE? I'm 38 and I just started seeing an RE in 11/2011, due to not getting pregnant after 2 years of NTNP. Sometimes it's hard to do, but think positive :flower:!

And thank you for your input on your co-worker that had a lower progesterone level and had a sticky bean! That's why I love this forum...we are all willing to help each other!! :)

Sending you :hugs: for a better rest of your day! :)

Yes, I do see both of them. I'm currently on round 5 of clomid w/progestrone because I stopped having periods on my own :dohh:
I know it can happen my girl at work went through IVF to have her first one after 3 years of trying, then the second 1 IUI and now she's past the point she wanted anymore kids age wise and she's pregnant naturally. Things do happen in strange strange ways.
Thanks for all the love.... :hugs:

BabySA – haven’t been trying that long, this is only my second cycle. I really didn’t expect to get pregnant straight away but I couldn’t believe what a rollercoaster last month was.

Breezy / Alisa – maybe it’s because I was bombarded with the condom speech so often growing up (HIV is a big thing in SA) but I can’t help but thinking haven’t these people heard of contraception? I mean I’m not against abortion in general but you’ve got to be really unlucky or not have learnt your lesson the first six times around!

More on the adoption discussion – For me family was always about who was there for you not about blood. We were never close to my cousins, aunts etc but my friends felt like real family. I can understand those that didn’t grow up the same way though.
DH sort of feels the same BUT is convinced that our kids would be awesome with the best parts of both of us and be super smart, strong, perceptive, kind etc. I keep reminding him that it could be the worst of both of us and I have a family medical history of pretty much everything that could go wrong.
Anyway we're trying for our own now, we'll see what happens in the future.

I would adopt in a heartbeat if we couldn't have kids. My DH probably not so much yet. Everytime I get down about ttc, he hugs me and says our time will come. :) I don't want to push adoption yet.

I would adopt if I could not conceive. However, the cost to adopt scares me. I have heard of people spending 50 K to adopt !

My DH is very open to adoption. Whenever I get down about getting preggo, he mentions it and says we'll have our big family one way or another. I have always been open to adoption as well. I love babies and kids and like the idea of providing a loving and happy home and family for a baby(ies) who needs one. We have always discussed adoption whether we can have our own or not. That said, I have always wanted to have my own (I realize adopted babies will become "my own" but . . . ) and even more so now that I have found my husband and am so in love with him - I really want to have babies that are a mix of the two of us, you know? I also have always loved the idea of being pregnant. It is not a dream I think I will ever give up on. I think if we aren't preggo by the end of the year, we will likely start looking into adoption and just also continue trying.

For those of you open to adoption, have you thought about whether you will adopt locally (in your home country) or a foreign baby?

On another note, I got my positive OPK this morning. Yay! Doing the SMEP this month. It's been good so far.

I could not have described my DH & myself any better than what you just did. lol We have ALWAYS been open to adoption & have talked about it frequently. But, as any woman, I am in love with the idea of feeling our baby growing inside me. And seeing how his brother has 5 & is expecting #6, I want more than anything for us to have our own.

The only disagreement we have about adoption is race/origin. I am willing to take any baby God sends me, just to be called a mom!! My husband on the other hand prefers a baby that is from our country and is the same race. But would consider others as long as it makes me happy.

Gypsy and Babysa - FX'd for you two! Anyone else testing soon?
I tested OPK just now and no smiley face yet.. I should also be O these few days, but scared since I will be on travel starting Sat, and I hope I O soon so I can get those spermies in time! Fingers crossed and happy BDing for you as well!

My progestrone is 36.9!!!!! :happydance:

They have me scheduled for a blood pregnancy test next week because there is a strong possibility I'm pregnant according to the doctor. If it's a :bfp: Im going to do flips......Now instead of waiting until June 9th I only have to wait to completely confirm next Friday (my sis comes in town Thursday night and I only see her a few times a year) so I'm going to surprise her and take her with me to get the results, I really hope it's a :bfp:that would be so awesome to tell her that way. I always have to give her my news over the phone. Whats funny is she is coming in town for a baby shower which I am working on a gift basket for right now.

I'm in complete shock!!!!

Hi Piglet...just saw you mention something about your follicle size and endometrium...wasn't sure why you had those details...thought maybe you were investigating something...am I confused??? ;-)
How long have you been trying?

Gypsygirl...so we are close in our cycles...I really hope this is it for you!!! What symptoms have you been having? I dont have any...so think I am out for this month...but am still hopeful.

Where do I start with symptoms. I had o pains on the 15th and have had cramps kind if like AF cramps but different since then. I am tired all the time, have had bouts of nausea, had a nasty metal taste in my mouth, sore bbs that are super sensitive to the point I can't handle OH touching them, headaches on and off, had spotting on 10 dpo (poss ib), emotions all over the place, and of course no AF, but lack of AF doesn't really mean anything because my cycles are wacky because I have pcos. I think that's all of them, but I may have missed one or two. I did a hpt yesterday morning with fmu which was neg, and I did one the night before which was neg as well. I just have this feeling that this is it. I can't explain it, I just feel it.

Also, just because you have no symptoms doesn't mean you are out. It isn't over until :witch: shows her ugly face!

My progestrone is 36.9!!!!! :happydance:

They have me scheduled for a blood pregnancy test next week because there is a strong possibility I'm pregnant. If it's a :bfp: Im going to do flips......Now instead of waiting until June 9th I only have to wait to completely confirm next Friday (my sis comes in town Thursday night and I only see her a few times a year) so I'm going to surprise her and take her with me to get the results, I really hope it's a :bfp:that would be so awesome to tell her that way. I always have to give her my news over the phone. Whats funny is she is coming in town for a baby shower which I am working on a gift basket for right now.

I'm in complete shock!!!!

Yay! Exciting!! FX'd!!! :dust:

Hi Piglet...just saw you mention something about your follicle size and endometrium...wasn't sure why you had those details...thought maybe you were investigating something...am I confused??? ;-)
How long have you been trying?

Gypsygirl...so we are close in our cycles...I really hope this is it for you!!! What symptoms have you been having? I dont have any...so think I am out for this month...but am still hopeful.

Where do I start with symptoms. I had o pains on the 15th and have had cramps kind if like AF cramps but different since then. I am tired all the time, have had bouts of nausea, had a nasty metal taste in my mouth, sore bbs that are super sensitive to the point I can't handle OH touching them, headaches on and off, had spotting on 10 dpo (poss ib), emotions all over the place, and of course no AF, but lack of AF doesn't really mean anything because my cycles are wacky because I have pcos. I think that's all of them, but I may have missed one or two. I did a hpt yesterday morning with fmu which was neg, and I did one the night before which was neg as well. I just have this feeling that this is it. I can't explain it, I just feel it.

I hope so gypsy!! FX'd for you!!

I would adopt if I could not conceive. However, the cost to adopt scares me. I have heard of people spending 50 K to adopt !

Woah! I didn't realize it was that high.

I've read a little about adopting, and yes, if you're looking for a newborn it gets quite expensive. However, from what I read & understood, that if you adopt a child that is already in foster care it is much cheaper. Also, guess it depends on where you live too.

Check out https://www.adoptuskids.org/ for more info!!

Good luck Gypsy and Breezy!

CD21 for me today, still no fertile cm, it is about this time in my lengthy cycles that I start to get antsy. I wish ovulation would hurry up already

Found this on the Adoptuskids.org:

Myth: You have a to have a lot of money and own a house to adopt from foster care.

Reality: You don’t need to own your own home, be wealthy, have children already, or be a stay-at-home parent to adopt. Most adoptions from U.S. foster care are free and any minimal costs associated with them are often reimbursable. In addition, there are many different types of post-adoption resources, such as medical assistance and financial adoption assistance, based on the special needs of a child to help support and sustain adoptions from the U.S. foster care system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->