TTC #1 and over 30

My progestrone is 36.9!!!!! :happydance:

They have me scheduled for a blood pregnancy test next week because there is a strong possibility I'm pregnant. If it's a :bfp: Im going to do flips......Now instead of waiting until June 9th I only have to wait to completely confirm next Friday (my sis comes in town Thursday night and I only see her a few times a year) so I'm going to surprise her and take her with me to get the results, I really hope it's a :bfp:that would be so awesome to tell her that way. I always have to give her my news over the phone. Whats funny is she is coming in town for a baby shower which I am working on a gift basket for right now.

I'm in complete shock!!!!

Good luck to you breezy! Fx! :dust:

They have me scheduled for a blood pregnancy test next week because there is a strong possibility I'm pregnant. If it's a :bfp: Im going to do flips......Now instead of waiting until June 9th I only have to wait to completely confirm next Friday (my sis comes in town Thursday night and I only see her a few times a year) so I'm going to surprise her and take her with me to get the results, I really hope it's a :bfp:that would be so awesome to tell her that way. I always have to give her my news over the phone. Whats funny is she is coming in town for a baby shower which I am working on a gift basket for right now.

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance::thumbup:

Hi Piglet...just saw you mention something about your follicle size and endometrium...wasn't sure why you had those details...thought maybe you were investigating something...am I confused??? ;-)
How long have you been trying?

Gypsygirl...so we are close in our cycles...I really hope this is it for you!!! What symptoms have you been having? I dont have any...so think I am out for this month...but am still hopeful.

Where do I start with symptoms. I had o pains on the 15th and have had cramps kind if like AF cramps but different since then. I am tired all the time, have had bouts of nausea, had a nasty metal taste in my mouth, sore bbs that are super sensitive to the point I can't handle OH touching them, headaches on and off, had spotting on 10 dpo (poss ib), emotions all over the place, and of course no AF, but lack of AF doesn't really mean anything because my cycles are wacky because I have pcos. I think that's all of them, but I may have missed one or two. I did a hpt yesterday morning with fmu which was neg, and I did one the night before which was neg as well. I just have this feeling that this is it. I can't explain it, I just feel it.

Wow! You have all the symptoms :thumbup:. FX'd for you :dust:

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance::thumbup:

Yay exciting!!! Did u do anything differently?

They have me scheduled for a blood pregnancy test next week because there is a strong possibility I'm pregnant according to the doctor. If it's a :bfp: Im going to do flips......Now instead of waiting until June 9th I only have to wait to completely confirm next Friday (my sis comes in town Thursday night and I only see her a few times a year) so I'm going to surprise her and take her with me to get the results, I really hope it's a :bfp:that would be so awesome to tell her that way. I always have to give her my news over the phone. Whats funny is she is coming in town for a baby shower which I am working on a gift basket for right now.

Awesome news!! Keep us posted!

:dust:

How often has everyone been bding during their fertile period? I could only get my DH to do it twice. Ugh..

It only takes one time!

I think we set a record this time, bded on cd 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13 and probably tonight cd 15...definitely more than average! Hope it does the trick :happydance:

So I am 31 years old and my husband and I have been "ttc" for 2 months now. We have been together 14 years and married for almost 11 years. I finally had to TELL him we need to try for children. We're both ready and I just think he's scared (finances are always his reasoning to wait "6 more months"). The past 2 months, our sex life has remained the same (about once a week). I've told him that there is basically a 2 day window and having sex once a week isn't often enough to hit that window. I tried just making it fun this month in the window, but he picked up on it right away and just says he wants to live like we did before and it will happen. I see it taking 1+ years if we just let it continue... I read that if you have sex 2-3 times a week, you'll most likely fall in that window. I don't know what to do. I should be happy because I won the battle and I want to trust that God will provide when it's time. I'm still having a real hard time waiting this out. Guess I'm hoping that the frequency increases. He's totally on board, he just doesn't want it to feel forced. Guess it takes time to work on problems from the past. Any advice? Maybe I can have a buddy that's going through something similar?
Thanks!

How often has everyone been bding during their fertile period? I could only get my DH to do it twice. Ugh..
It only takes once! :)
My DH is actually doing great with all the bding we are doing this month. This is probably the best it's ever been.

Awesome! Good luck, Breezy!!

If my husband knows I'm in "the window" I get shut down immediately.

It sounds like your hubby isn't completely on board, have you tried talking to him about it?

The fact that mine is always willing during my fertile time even when it's not really a convenient time is what confirmed for me that he is 100% on board.

My DH is actually doing great with all the bding we are doing this month. This is probably the best it's ever been.

That's awesome!! My DH is a firefighter and is exhausted when he gets home, so bless his heart he wants it and he's trying. He even told his mom we were trying and I kinda freaked (internally) :dohh: Don't want to jinx anything or say anything to soon. Now people keep asking me lol. I told him that telling his mom is like reporting something to CNN the whole world is about to know.

It sounds like your hubby isn't completely on board, have you tried talking to him about it?

The fact that mine is always willing during my fertile time even when it's not really a convenient time is what confirmed for me that he is 100% on board.

I agree! You really need to get him excited about ttc. It's hard enough without a 100% willing partner. My hubby is the one that pushed the issue even though I wanted it too.

That's awesome!! My DH is a firefighter and is exhausted when he gets home, so bless his heart he wants it and he's trying. He even told his mom we were trying and I kinda freaked (internally) :dohh: Don't want to jinx anything or say anything to soon. Now people keep asking me lol. I told him that telling his mom is like reporting something to CNN the whole world is about to know.

I feel ya, sister! I would freak out (internally) if my Dh's mom knew for sure. It's enough that she thinks she knows but I can always try to cast a shadow of doubt in case she gets too excited. :) We always tell her, one day hopefully soon if she asks. Not that it stops her but I try. :) Good luck with DH, at least you know he wants to. Can you catch him before a shift?

I agree! You really need to get him excited about ttc. It's hard enough without a 100% willing partner. My hubby is the one that pushed the issue even though I wanted it too.

I need to be patient... I had absolutely NO sex drive the last 5 years or so and I think I need to give it a little time to slowly increase... He's hurt from the lack of intimacy and doesn't get that him being ready to have a baby makes me attracted and gets me excited about it again! My counselor told me to put out positive energy and be patient. We have a ton of baby stuff my sister has given to us over the years and he even told me to arrange the room the other day... He has said over the years that I'll get pg right away, and I think once he realizes it doesn't just happen anytime, he'll understand... :growlmad:

I need to be patient... I had absolutely NO sex drive the last 5 years or so and I think I need to give it a little time to slowly increase... He's hurt from the lack of intimacy and doesn't get that him being ready to have a baby makes me attracted and gets me excited about it again! My counselor told me to put out positive energy and be patient. We have a ton of baby stuff my sister has given to us over the years and he even told me to arrange the room the other day... He has said over the years that I'll get pg right away, and I think once he realizes it doesn't just happen anytime, he'll understand... :growlmad:

He says it's awkward if it doesn't just happen naturally. he would be okay if it happened a year from now. I'm the one that put my foot down and said I wanted to try for kids NOW, not a year from now, NOW. We've been together 14 years and the last few years it was always another 6 months. He knew I'm done waiting. Sigh.

Well CD26 today...feel a little bit of AF cramps, but nothing else really. Only thing I've noticed is I've been really bloated at night after supper...tummy protruding a bit. But...it is getting colder so could just be that I'm eating more...LOL!!! Today is 14DPO (due to ov cramps and ewcm...not temping or positive opk). Was thinking of testing tomorrow if no AF, but now decided to just wait it out. Dont wanna see a BFN... so over those ;-)

Smimms: Totally hear you on the mother in law front...my hubby told his too as she smokes and he didn't want her smoking around me incase i'm pregnant....so the other day she decides (at the dinner table in front of father in law and my Dad) to dish out some advice on how I mustn't get up too quickly after to wash, must rather lie with my legs up....HOW EMBARRASSING!!!!!!!! And...like I didn't know that already! Shame, think she was just trying to help...but my sex life is not something i want advice from MIL!!!!! ha ha ha ha....
Breezy: That is sooooooooooooooo exciting!!!! I will be holding everything for you...can you take a poas test so long or what cycle day are you on? I really hope this is your BFP...will be awesome to have your sister there with you!!! Hopefully you'll be making your own diaper cake soon :)
Gypsy: Sounds super promising!!!! Good symptoms! You only testing on the 7th hey? Lots of baby dust to you!!!
MD1223: Thanks for the good luck wishes.... I agree with you on wanting to create a combination baby of you and hubby. I also desperately want to see what our children will look like and it must be amazing to see yours and hubby's mannerisms in your kids :) Our time will come :))))
Zeez: It's still early days for you...but I had the same thing the first month when I wasnt pregnant! It's like my whole life i thought if I missed one pill I'd be preggers and then you have unprotected sex for a month and it doesn't happen and it gobsmacks you!!! Sure you wont have to wait too long :)
TumTum: Hoping that you get your positive OPK before you have to go travelling...I have also had that a few times when hubby had to go away for work while i was fertile...so annoying. I joked he must just leave his sperm in a cup and I will turkey baster myself while he's away...lol! Luckily he now schedules his trips according to ov ...sweet man! :)

Anyone have any cool plans for the weekend? I am going to watch Evita at the theatre tonight...very excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->