TTC #1 and over 30

Hi ladies, congrats to those with BFPs! I'm back on BnB after a bit of a break due to obsessive symptom spotting! Well...now I'm in the last few days of my TWW so the obsession is back...cramping, sore boobs, feel bloated...really hope it's not PMS :wacko:

Well ladies, im still struggling away with my chart this month....ff has now changed and said that I o'd on CD 10!!! Previously it was CD13...i think this is because of the +opk's, but i had a week of them last month as well....so its getting a bit confusing for me now...

I guess on the upside if it really was cd10, then I've effectively skipped three days of the tww which would put me at 8dpo today! At least we were:sex: around then anyway....last month we didnt start :sex: until on cd10...and my temps did start to increase around then as well...

Does anyone else have problems with ff when you have a fall back rise? It seems to change the o date because it stops three higher temps?

:dust::dust::dust::dust: ladies

Newbie - I think I'm having the same problem with the fallback rise! FF changed my O date from CD17 to CD19. Unfortunately I didn't have any EWCM this cycle and not doing OPKs so can't really tell. I'm hoping that O was on CD17 as we BD that day!

Grrrr to FF! I know its super helpful, but i kinda wish it had a little 'include fall back rise' option so we could agree on o dates and be done with it!

Im not sure where I'm at with symptom spotting this tww....my cm (tmi alert) is really dry and whats there is white & chunky (similar to thrush but not the same as i can recognise that in a flash!). I had some cramping yesterday, felt quite nauseous last night, and could swear my bb's feel heavier, and then my temp jumped up a bit again today... but really, who knows!

I know all of those things can just be caused by the increased progesterone in your body...my gut instinct tells me its not the month for me this time...:shrug:

Welcome Poppy, ttc1st, and flagirlie

Poppy - sorry i dont know anything about coil, but hope u catch the egg.

ttc1st - happy b'day!! first cycle is always excited, n it'll be great if u get BFP immediately. have u done anything so far or just let the nature takes its course?

flagirlie - if it's already a year, u both shud get tested. from there, the doctor will be able to suggest sth. have u done any bbt charting, checking CM, checking CP, smep, OPK, fertility monitor?? i have long cycles too, and they're not regular, so it's hard to predict O. I dont know what to do about the low drive thou, sorry, as i have the same problem, even though DH is younger than me. :( Hope u feel at home here. feel free to talk to us about anything, we're all here for u

Thank you for the bday wishes I had an excellent day. We haven't done anything yet we'll see how we go naturally. I've been checked over by a Dr and all seems good. Both my sisters concieved 1st cycle, my younger sister was told she'd find it hard to concieve as she had chronic endometriosis for a long time, she went off the pill (after 7 years) and fell pregnant with twins the 1st time she had sex!! Feeling the pressure to concieve quickly, hopefully it runs in the family.

Welcome Poppy, ttc1st, and flagirlie

Poppy - sorry i dont know anything about coil, but hope u catch the egg.

ttc1st - happy b'day!! first cycle is always excited, n it'll be great if u get BFP immediately. have u done anything so far or just let the nature takes its course?

flagirlie - if it's already a year, u both shud get tested. from there, the doctor will be able to suggest sth. have u done any bbt charting, checking CM, checking CP, smep, OPK, fertility monitor?? i have long cycles too, and they're not regular, so it's hard to predict O. I dont know what to do about the low drive thou, sorry, as i have the same problem, even though DH is younger than me. :( Hope u feel at home here. feel free to talk to us about anything, we're all here for u

Thank you for the bday wishes I had an excellent day. We haven't done anything yet we'll see how we go naturally. I've been checked over by a Dr and all seems good. Both my sisters concieved 1st cycle, my younger sister was told she'd find it hard to concieve as she had chronic endometriosis for a long time, she went off the pill (after 7 years) and fell pregnant with twins the 1st time she had sex!! Feeling the pressure to concieve quickly, hopefully it runs in the family.

Good Luck Tcc1st!! Try not to get too stressed about it and enjoy the ride! :dust:

Hello. I'm sad :cry:

My best friend just texted me that she got a +hpt on Friday and that she's going to a doc appt on Monday to confirm. I've been preparing myself for this day and I'm SUPER excited for her but I feel like the news is choking me. I'm glad she texted and I didn't have to look her in the eyes when I said I was not upset and that I'm happy for her. Deep down inside I know I am but at the same time I'm just super sad.

It's her second and I was already super envious of the fact that she has a 22 month old adorable little girl. She got preggers right after I got married (which was 3 months after she got married). We had decided to wait until after my honeymoon which was 4 mos after our wedding and then we decided to wait another 6 mos so we could do a couple other things we were planning. Mostly, DH just wasn't ready. Then things went south between DH and I and we separated and finally got back together this past Nov and started TTC in Jan. She started TTC #2 in Feb/March but they were half trying...more like NTNP and here she is preggers already. She's a year younger and it's her second so I know it's easier for her and she is like my sister so I feel guilty for feeling sad but I just can't help it. I want a baby! And now she gets to have a second...while I'm still stuck trying.

Anyway, I played it cool with DH and decided to come here to lean on you all. So thanks for listening and letting me 'vent'. I don't want him to see how sad I am...I hope to get over it by tomorrow. Usually, it takes me a day or two to recover from a pregnancy announcement. I think I'm just nervous already as we're going to meet an old friend's newborn this weekend and catch up with another pair of old friends who had their first baby back in January so I'm already dreading the trip to Cali tomorrow. Oh and another pair of friends are 7 months pregnant so it's going to be a hard trip already. Now this news just was the straw on the camels back. I hope to recover before my flight tomorrow morning...anyways...

Hope everyone is doing well!!!! GL to you Lily :hugs:
:dust:

:hugs::hugs::hugs: Mrs Chezek

It does seem to be the way that once you decide you are going to TTC there are babies and pregnancy announcements and pregnant women EVERYWHERE!!!

FX you get a little sticky bean very soon

Thanks for your words of encouragement girls! I went for a walk with DH and our doggie and I feel much better now. You're right - my time will come dammit!!!!! :baby:

ttc - hope you get your BFP first round too!!!

luna - hope the charting does the trick for you :dust:

Newbie - your symptoms sound promising but I guess being cautiously excited is always a good idea. FX!!! You're half way through the wait!

I'm off to finish packing and then Cali tomorrow...tired! But excited to see friends and family :thumbup:

Thanks for your words of encouragement girls! I went for a walk with DH and our doggie and I feel much better now. You're right - my time will come dammit!!!!! :baby:

ttc - hope you get your BFP first round too!!!

luna - hope the charting does the trick for you :dust:

Newbie - your symptoms sound promising but I guess being cautiously excited is always a good idea. FX!!! You're half way through the wait!

I'm off to finish packing and then Cali tomorrow...tired! But excited to see friends and family :thumbup:

Thanks Mrs Chezek!!! I certainly feel 'different' and dont have the same things going on 'downstairs' as last month, but I know that doesnt have to mean a thing!!!

I've just remembered I meant to post a pic of our brand new 8 week old puppy after i picked her up last week!

Here she is having a snuggle with me and another with our other dog Molly, on her first night...instant friends!!

Attachments

• Molly 001.jpg
    Molly 001.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Molly 002.jpg
    Molly 002.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 3
OMG, there are soooooo cuteee.. i want a dog too..

So who is testing soon? Newbie? Ttc1st? Others??

I'm nervous for tomorrow's temp and maybe testing but at this point just wanna know either way-even if it's not our month. Practicing patience and calm and remembering that we'll know soon enough.

I feel like I've been doing a really bad job keeping up with everyone, particularly our newest ladies. At the end of 2ww I think I get a little self absorbed! Hope y'all are keeping your spirits up and wishing so much :dust: to everyone!

Sleep tight, friends...

I'm nervous for tomorrow's temp and maybe testing but at this point just wanna know either way-even if it's not our month. Practicing patience and calm and remembering that we'll know soon enough.

I feel like I've been doing a really bad job keeping up with everyone, particularly our newest ladies. At the end of 2ww I think I get a little self absorbed! Hope y'all are keeping your spirits up and wishing so much :dust: to everyone!

Sleep tight, friends...

I'm new to all this lingo, I'm not sure how to track ovulation etc I'm only 8 days into my cycle so literally just beginning trying. Haven't been on birth control for about 6 years as I had bad reactions, the pill nearly killed me so I'm hoping that will improve my chances. I don't want to get too hopeful cause the disappointment will crush me but I can't help but get excited. Want this baby so bad. Just going to have lots and lots of sex and hope for the best :happydance: I'm thinking next week will be the best week to concieve??? Any advise/tips are appreciated

Sleep tight, friends...

I'm new to all this lingo, I'm not sure how to track ovulation etc I'm only 8 days into my cycle so literally just beginning trying. Haven't been on birth control for about 6 years as I had bad reactions, the pill nearly killed me so I'm hoping that will improve my chances. I don't want to get too hopeful cause the disappointment will crush me but I can't help but get excited. Want this baby so bad. Just going to have lots and lots of sex and hope for the best :happydance: I'm thinking next week will be the best week to concieve??? Any advise/tips are appreciated

How long is your cycle? are they regular? Generally speaking, if your cycle is regular, you will ovulate around 14 days before the start of your period....(this is your LP and they can vary between 12-16 days or even more, but 14 gives you a good guestimate)

Sleep tight, friends...

Soon I think Lily! It kinda depends really...if I'm on DPO8 today...then I'll probably allow my poas addict to kick in by tomorrow with IC's!!!! if its really DPO5 then im going to be doing it for a while lol....

Feeling really nauseous now...so much so Im sure its not just in my head!!!

Would be SO good if this was the month....cant quite allow myself to get my hopes up yet tho.... :dust::dust: ladies!!

How long is your cycle? are they regular? Generally speaking, if your cycle is regular, you will ovulate around 14 days before the start of your period....(this is your LP and they can vary between 12-16 days or even more, but 14 gives you a good guestimate)[/QUOTE]

My cycle is regular, I've always been 28 days to the day but the last few months it's been 25-27 days. I've always been told day 14 is ovulation day so I figure I'll just try vigorously until the end of next week so I don't miss it!!

How long is your cycle? are they regular? Generally speaking, if your cycle is regular, you will ovulate around 14 days before the start of your period....(this is your LP and they can vary between 12-16 days or even more, but 14 gives you a good guestimate)

My cycle is regular, I've always been 28 days to the day but the last few months it's been 25-27 days. I've always been told day 14 is ovulation day so I figure I'll just try vigorously until the end of next week so I don't miss it!![/QUOTE]

I thought mine was 28 days as well, however last month I initially thought i o'd on CD14....but then AF showed up on what would have been cd 26...so that gave me a luteal phase of 11 days...i was suspicious of this!!

On closer inspection of my chart from last month and looking at this month, I honestly think i O'd both months around cd 10....so my advice to you would be to get into the BD now!!! Hubby and I went for every other day so we didnt wear each other out!

Im only on my second month trying! You'd think by my level of impatience that it had been ages...:blush: its one of the same old stories, we put off 'trying' until we thought 'now was the right time' so i just want it to be now already!!!

OPK's will definitely help as well, but temping is the ultimate indication (unless you have silly temp spikes like me which are just plain confusing, other than telling me that i actually have o'd!)

My best friend just texted me that she got a +hpt on Friday and that she's going to a doc appt on Monday to confirm. I've been preparing myself for this day and I'm SUPER excited for her but I feel like the news is choking me. I'm glad she texted and I didn't have to look her in the eyes when I said I was not upset and that I'm happy for her. Deep down inside I know I am but at the same time I'm just super sad.

It's her second and I was already super envious of the fact that she has a 22 month old adorable little girl. She got preggers right after I got married (which was 3 months after she got married). We had decided to wait until after my honeymoon which was 4 mos after our wedding and then we decided to wait another 6 mos so we could do a couple other things we were planning. Mostly, DH just wasn't ready. Then things went south between DH and I and we separated and finally got back together this past Nov and started TTC in Jan. She started TTC #2 in Feb/March but they were half trying...more like NTNP and here she is preggers already. She's a year younger and it's her second so I know it's easier for her and she is like my sister so I feel guilty for feeling sad but I just can't help it. I want a baby! And now she gets to have a second...while I'm still stuck trying.

Anyway, I played it cool with DH and decided to come here to lean on you all. So thanks for listening and letting me 'vent'. I don't want him to see how sad I am...I hope to get over it by tomorrow. Usually, it takes me a day or two to recover from a pregnancy announcement. I think I'm just nervous already as we're going to meet an old friend's newborn this weekend and catch up with another pair of old friends who had their first baby back in January so I'm already dreading the trip to Cali tomorrow. Oh and another pair of friends are 7 months pregnant so it's going to be a hard trip already. Now this news just was the straw on the camels back. I hope to recover before my flight tomorrow morning...anyways...

hugs hugs MrsChezek. I know how it feels. my officemate is also pregnant. and they were not even planning to have another one yet. and a temp came in last saturday and she is also pregnant! why is it so easy for those who doesn't want to have babies? anyway, shed all those tears and pamper yourself. being sad and depress is not a good thing for our body. happy thoughts!

by the way guys, i just realized that tww count starts on the day that you O. i thought this was after the day you expect your af. hmmm...should i be testing then?

piglet24 - 2ww starts the day u see a temp spike, that's 1 DPO. where r u in ur cycle now?

:hugs: Mrs Chezek!!! Praying for you and the strength to get through it all!
My friend just told me they are having a girl. Surprisingly, I took it well. I guess being a surrogate aunt works for me. Another "niece" to love. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->