TTC #1 and over 30

Hello. I'm sad :cry:

My best friend just texted me that she got a +hpt on Friday and that she's going to a doc appt on Monday to confirm. I've been preparing myself for this day and I'm SUPER excited for her but I feel like the news is choking me. I'm glad she texted and I didn't have to look her in the eyes when I said I was not upset and that I'm happy for her. Deep down inside I know I am but at the same time I'm just super sad.

It's her second and I was already super envious of the fact that she has a 22 month old adorable little girl. She got preggers right after I got married (which was 3 months after she got married). We had decided to wait until after my honeymoon which was 4 mos after our wedding and then we decided to wait another 6 mos so we could do a couple other things we were planning. Mostly, DH just wasn't ready. Then things went south between DH and I and we separated and finally got back together this past Nov and started TTC in Jan. She started TTC #2 in Feb/March but they were half trying...more like NTNP and here she is preggers already. She's a year younger and it's her second so I know it's easier for her and she is like my sister so I feel guilty for feeling sad but I just can't help it. I want a baby! And now she gets to have a second...while I'm still stuck trying.

Anyway, I played it cool with DH and decided to come here to lean on you all. So thanks for listening and letting me 'vent'. I don't want him to see how sad I am...I hope to get over it by tomorrow. Usually, it takes me a day or two to recover from a pregnancy announcement. I think I'm just nervous already as we're going to meet an old friend's newborn this weekend and catch up with another pair of old friends who had their first baby back in January so I'm already dreading the trip to Cali tomorrow. Oh and another pair of friends are 7 months pregnant so it's going to be a hard trip already. Now this news just was the straw on the camels back. I hope to recover before my flight tomorrow morning...anyways...

Hope everyone is doing well!!!! GL to you Lily :hugs:
:dust:

:hugs: Mrs Chezek!!! Praying for you and the strength to get through it all!
My friend just told me they are having a girl. Surprisingly, I took it well. I guess being a surrogate aunt works for me. Another "niece" to love. :)

:hugs: to you too baking! FX for a BFP for you very soon!

Its very emotional stuff this TTC business!!

Just wanted to say I'm stalking this thread and wishing all of us lots of :dust:

My best friend just texted me that she got a +hpt on Friday and that she's going to a doc appt on Monday to confirm. I've been preparing myself for this day and I'm SUPER excited for her but I feel like the news is choking me. I'm glad she texted and I didn't have to look her in the eyes when I said I was not upset and that I'm happy for her. Deep down inside I know I am but at the same time I'm just super sad.

It's her second and I was already super envious of the fact that she has a 22 month old adorable little girl. She got preggers right after I got married (which was 3 months after she got married). We had decided to wait until after my honeymoon which was 4 mos after our wedding and then we decided to wait another 6 mos so we could do a couple other things we were planning. Mostly, DH just wasn't ready. Then things went south between DH and I and we separated and finally got back together this past Nov and started TTC in Jan. She started TTC #2 in Feb/March but they were half trying...more like NTNP and here she is preggers already. She's a year younger and it's her second so I know it's easier for her and she is like my sister so I feel guilty for feeling sad but I just can't help it. I want a baby! And now she gets to have a second...while I'm still stuck trying.

Anyway, I played it cool with DH and decided to come here to lean on you all. So thanks for listening and letting me 'vent'. I don't want him to see how sad I am...I hope to get over it by tomorrow. Usually, it takes me a day or two to recover from a pregnancy announcement. I think I'm just nervous already as we're going to meet an old friend's newborn this weekend and catch up with another pair of old friends who had their first baby back in January so I'm already dreading the trip to Cali tomorrow. Oh and another pair of friends are 7 months pregnant so it's going to be a hard trip already. Now this news just was the straw on the camels back. I hope to recover before my flight tomorrow morning...anyways...

I remember when my brother called me and told me he and his wife were expecting their first. I started crying before I was even off the phone with him. I had to convince him it was because I was so happy for him. I was upset because I am the oldest of 4 and I always thought I would be the first to give my parents grand babies. It took a while but the pain got less as time went on.

:hugs: Your turn is coming. Just take it one day at a time. We all are.

Mrschezek - I agree that hearing pregnancy announcements right now is super hard. Of course the ladies herE have given some great advice and words of comfort. I believe that It WILL be our turn soon. When do you hit 12 DPO? :hugs:

Newbie-it's so hard not to poas especially when you have cheapies! Good luck and fx'ed for you!

Piglet-are you testing soon?

Ttc1st-you might want to think about charting if it doesn't happen this cycle-hope for you that it does though! But if not, fertility friend.com is a good place to start.

Afm-temps still high! But stark white bfn's-I even pulled our the FRER. Dunno what's going on?? :shrug: trying to remember that preg pilot didn't get bfp til like 20 DPO. I also overrode my chart to make this 12 DPO instead of 13 DPO - decided that after 10 years of on&off charting (to avoid), I probably can read my signs better an they can! I've never had a luteal phase longer than 12 days, so I guess I'll simply have to wait and see what happens tomorrow with temperature and testing.

Mrschezek - I agree that hearing pregnancy announcements right now is super hard. Of course the ladies herE have given some great advice and words of comfort. I believe that It WILL be our turn soon. When do you hit 12 DPO? :hugs:

Newbie-it's so hard not to poas especially when you have cheapies! Good luck and fx'ed for you!

Ttc1st-you might want to think about charting if it doesn't happen this cycle-hope for you that it does though! But if not, fertility friend.com is a good place to start.

Afm-temps still high! But stark white bfn's-I even pulled our the FRER. Dunno what's going on?? :shrug: trying to remember that preg pilot didn't get bfp til like 20 DPO. I also overrode my chart to make this 12 DPO instead of 13 DPO - decided that after 10 years of on&off charting (to avoid), I probably can read my signs better an they can! I've never had a luteal phase longer than 12 days, so I guess I'll simply have to wait and see what happens tomorrow with temperature and testing.

Thanks lily!

I think I'm going to have to...both last night and tonight I have been feeling really off....hoping it's more than just normal hormones doing this to me....

Bring on the poas I say!!

Things still looking up for you! Here's to some more high temps tomorrow Hun!

piglet24 - 2ww starts the day u see a temp spike, that's 1 DPO. where r u in ur cycle now?

that's the thing. i can't find a bbt here in Abu Dhabi which I think is really weird, so I had to ask my sister to send me one which until now is not yet delivered. so i don't know my temp. today is my CD26. I Oed 01 or 02 June because I took injection.

am not sure if i'll be testing. too many bfn's causes me to be a negative thinker. i'd rather wait for af to come. i hope it doesn't come though.

piglet24 - 2ww starts the day u see a temp spike, that's 1 DPO. where r u in ur cycle now?

that's the thing. i can't find a bbt here in Abu Dhabi which I think is really weird, so I had to ask my sister to send me one which until now is not yet delivered. so i don't know my temp. today is my CD26. I Oed 01 or 02 June because I took injection.

i got my thermometer during the trip to Japan last April, dunno where to get it where i stay too. lol. if u O'd on June 1, June 14 makes u 13 DPO. if u want to test u could probably do it tmrw or the day after. Good luck :happydance:

Nope, 25DPO ;)

Nope, 25DPO ;)

Preg pilot-did your doctor ever give you any insight into why it took so long for your bfp??

Nope, 25DPO ;)

Preg pilot-did your doctor ever give you any insight into why it took so long for your bfp??

I haven´t been to a doctor yet.
I´m getting an appointment with a midwife, going to try to get one on the 27th.

:hugs: Chezek. I've been there so many times. My husband is 37 so most of his friends are done having kids and we haven't even started. Your time will come and when it does it will be greater than you ever imagined and all of this stress will be worth it.
Keep your head up :flower:

MrsChezek - I'm sorry. It's corny but I do believe that everything happens for a reason. I know that when I finally meet my little one I’ll love him (or her) so much and wouldn’t change anything in the world that meant we wouldn’t be together – that includes getting pregnant faster and a different sperm and egg hooking up.

Lily - Good luck, hope that BFP pops up tomorrow.

Sorry I'm not keeping up with everyone but been super busy at work. Good thing to keep my mind off the 2ww. Almost talked myself into POAS yesterday (10dpo).:blush:

MayJan: i dunno. don't feel like testing. i'm taking duphaston too to regulate my period. so i have to wait for another 7 days before taking the test. hohum.

MrsChezek: it will be difficult, but we will have our turn to have those news too. i guess we just have to wait more.

Zeez: very true, for most of us who are so eager to have our little ones, it is a guarantee that we will love those angels so much.

I know exactly how you feel. My sister has 3 & my SIL is prego with #6. And neither of them were 'trying'. Also my nephew's wife if prego with their #2. And as excited as I am for them & LOVE every single one of them, sometimes it's hard to understand why it happens so easy for them & it's a struggle for us. Each time someone close announces a pregnancy I always keep my happy face on in front of them. But then when I get home & I have my break downs.

I know exactly how you feel. My sister has 3 & my SIL is prego with #6. And neither of them were 'trying'. Also my nephew's wife if prego with their #2. And as excited as I am for them & LOVE every single one of them, sometimes it's hard to understand why it happens so easy for them & it's a struggle for us. Each time someone close announces a pregnancy I always keep my happy face on in front of them. But then when I get home & I have my break downs.

I can relate with this too. Every Wednesday we visit my in laws for dinner and my MIL has been painting a picture of my husband's uncle's grandaughter; I think she's like 2. Gorgeous little angel and her mom takes the most stunning pictures of her. Even though I adore this little girl, I am so jealous that I don't have one of my own to do the same with. Such a brilliant beacon of inspiration can be found in the face of your kids and I WANT ONE TOO!! Well, aside from the gorgeous painting sitting the kitchen where we dine, my MIL tells me the girl's mom is pregnant AGAIN! Then, the next door neighbor came over to drop off her key as they are leaving for 2 months, and her daughter is also pregnant with their second. There is baby news all around me, but it's the sweet little one my MIL is painting that gets me. She's just so precious...

Well ladies, i caved this morning and poas!!! Got was i was expecting, BFN, but honestly didnt really think it would be anything different!

Need to keep reminding myself that according to my calcs, Im on 9DPO, but ff really still thinks its only 6dpo...which does make the whole poas a little silly! But I will continue to indulge my habbit over the next few days and see if anything shows up...regardless, AF is due in about 6 days so I guess i wont have to wait long to find out!

Lily...i have everything crossed for another high temp and a BFP for you today!! If your LP is always 12 days then every day the witch stays on her broomstick is a little more hope!!

Pregpilot i think you got your BFP just before i joined this thread - that is amazingly late to get a BFP!! I think i would drive myself crazy if i had to wait until 25/26 DPO!!!!!

time to get out the :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

FX & GL ladies!

Well ladies, i caved this morning and poas!!! Got was i was expecting, BFN, but honestly didnt really think it would be anything different!

Need to keep reminding myself that according to my calcs, Im on 9DPO, but ff really still thinks its only 6dpo...which does make the whole poas a little silly! But I will continue to indulge my habbit over the next few days and see if anything shows up...regardless, AF is due in about 6 days so I guess i wont have to wait long to find out!

Lily...i have everything crossed for another high temp and a BFP for you today!! If your LP is always 12 days then every day the witch stays on her broomstick is a little more hope!!

Pregpilot i think you got your BFP just before i joined this thread - that is amazingly late to get a BFP!! I think i would drive myself crazy if i had to wait until 25/26 DPO!!!!!

FX & GL ladies!

I don't know. After 15 or 16DPO I just felt so different. Like I was sure that AF wasn't going to show up after all.
I still had to pee on 5 sticks before I could believe it was true though...

FX & GL ladies!

I don't know. After 15 or 16DPO I just felt so different. Like I was sure that AF wasn't going to show up after all.

I'll be going through a lotta sticks if that happens to me lol!!!:haha:

FX & GL ladies!

I'll be going through a lotta sticks if that happens to me lol!!!:haha:

Hehe. I know that feeling. I still have the urge to POAS...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->