TTC #1 and over 30

Well i just spoke with my doctor, he said I have to have a repeat blood test at the end of June, and if my levels are still high, i have to be referred to an endocrinologist

So anything above 628 units is abnormal and mine were 870. He said that is not extrememly high but still higher than it should be

I told him about the milky liquid from my nipples and he said that is a sign of high prolactin levels (which I knew)

So I have to book another blood test at the end of June, then a doc appointment the week after to discuss results, and probably get a referral

So more waiting for me

:hugs: I know waiting is never fun but at least you will get some answers and work on your body so you can move forward.

:hugs: rmsh

Well I suppose it was bound to happen but last night hubby was having trouble performing and said it's just a lot of pressure...i get it, we've been going at this since January. Hopefully we can make it through the next week but I really don't know how many more months we can keep this up :(

I know it's tough-my husband is adamant about taking the "relaxed" approach, so starting this month all I did was put a heart on the days likely to be fertile on our calendar in the kitchen. That way he is aware to an extent but there's no pressure. We have BD twice in those days (I am on CD13 today and think I already ovulated due to feeling pressure and slight cramping that is almost gone) so there is a chance. I've heard over and over and over again that once you stop "trying" you get pg. I'm hoping that's the case with us! :thumbup:

:hugs: rmsh

Well I suppose it was bound to happen but last night hubby was having trouble performing and said it's just a lot of pressure...i get it, we've been going at this since January. Hopefully we can make it through the next week but I really don't know how many more months we can keep this up :(

You can do it!!! Try making it more exciting for him and you both so you forget about actually ttc. I'll put on something sexy that I know he loves and that always gets him. :thumbup:

Really I'm hoping it was just a one time thing, I thought everything was going fine and I'm having a great time! It's just really hard because of his work schedule, we never really know when he will be home so try to bd whenever he is which last night ended up being after he was at work all day since we don't know if he's going to be home tonight.

Relaxing on the deck sounds SO nice nikkih!! Jealous :flower: We've been running around like mad hatters trying to fit in as many friends while we're out here in Cali plus doing family stuff for nephew's graduation - I'm exhausted! But glad that time is flying by and I have no time to stress or over-think things :thumbup:

GL Breezy!!! Hope this is your month :hugs:

piglet - you can start temping now so you can get in the habit of it for when your new cycle begins! But set the chart to Day 1 when you get your first day of full flow. GL!

kmae - how are you doing? any bb symptom show up? Seriously though, every pregnancy is diff so FX, ok? :hugs:

AFM, temp still up and no new symptoms other than the gassiness. BB do feel a bit bigger and a tad sensitive/sore but nuttin' else to report. BF has her doc appt right now to confirm her pg but she had a bit of brown spotting this morning so I'm nervous for her. Hope she gets some good news! I'm defy over being upset by her news so I'd be very sad if she got bad news. Off camping today so will be off the grid until tomorrow night. Have a great week girls! GL with testing newbie and anyone else! :hugs:

no brown discharges for me today. had it only for two days. my AF is supposed to arrive on the 20th. so hopefully the witch will not come.

:hugs: Lily!

Here's to seeing lots of bfps for March babies on here! GL ladies! And, I really hope you are all able to relax this month - I know easier said than done. The back deck and (less than normally hot) hot tub sound nice. Add some wine too! ;) :hug:

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Hi Ladies, i hope everyone had a lovely weekend :hugs:

I dont have much to report at the moment either...no major symptoms at the moment...AF should be due on Thursday this week if my cycles remain consistent...I have had some cramping on and off for the last week or so...but I dont always get cramping before the witch, only sometimes which doesnt really help!

Mrs Chezek - you will be pleased to know I have managed to refrain from testing today lol...wonders never cease! In fact I am not feeling very positive about this month, so pretty much expecting to see AF on Thursday...

And if she doesnt happen to show - that will be 12 dpo according to FF, so might drop a test in if I dont see her!

:dust: ladies....would love to see some more BFP's on this thread very soon, heres hoping July is your month!

Relaxing on the deck sounds SO nice nikkih!! Jealous :flower: We've been running around like mad hatters trying to fit in as many friends while we're out here in Cali plus doing family stuff for nephew's graduation - I'm exhausted! But glad that time is flying by and I have no time to stress or over-think things :thumbup:

GL Breezy!!! Hope this is your month :hugs:

piglet - you can start temping now so you can get in the habit of it for when your new cycle begins! But set the chart to Day 1 when you get your first day of full flow. GL!

kmae - how are you doing? any bb symptom show up? Seriously though, every pregnancy is diff so FX, ok? :hugs:

AFM, temp still up and no new symptoms other than the gassiness. BB do feel a bit bigger and a tad sensitive/sore but nuttin' else to report. BF has her doc appt right now to confirm her pg but she had a bit of brown spotting this morning so I'm nervous for her. Hope she gets some good news! I'm defy over being upset by her news so I'd be very sad if she got bad news. Off camping today so will be off the grid until tomorrow night. Have a great week girls! GL with testing newbie and anyone else! :hugs:

I'm feeling so-so. I don't have any tww symptoms to report which is making me think I am out this cycle. Talked to my RE about starting Clomid/injections if the third cycle of Clomid alone doesnt work. Had to take an injections class with DH- he will be playing the role of RN. But, I'll be in Europe during the time I am to start injections so I'll actually have to wait until September- taking a vacation and a 1 month break from ttc is starting to sound nice... Glad your keeping nice and busy! Looks like we will be testing on the same day!

guys, i have few questions about the bbt thingy. i took my temp this morning despite that i'm on cd31. i still don't want to check. i'm waiting till the 20th if the witch will ever show its ugly head. my thermometer is in celsius. per the manual the average temp is 35-36 C before ovulation. after ovulation it will be 36-37. mine was around 35.85. does this mean i didn't ovulate? i mean i had injections for me to ovulate and i have symptoms for ovulation. what gives? i'm confused.

guys, i have few questions about the bbt thingy. i took my temp this morning despite that i'm on cd31. i still don't want to check. i'm waiting till the 20th if the witch will ever show its ugly head. my thermometer is in celsius. per the manual the average temp is 35-36 C before ovulation. after ovulation it will be 36-37. mine was around 35.85. does this mean i didn't ovulate? i mean i had injections for me to ovulate and i have symptoms for ovulation. what gives? i'm confused.

Hi Piglet,

Im in celsius as well in Aus. Generally my temp before o is around 36ish...(can drop down below that tho)then after it goes up to around mid 36's. If your temp is already low it could be that it has already dropped ready for AF, for some people their temp drops a couple days before, sometimes the day before etc.

Did you take your temp first thing in the morning? And under your tongue or vaginally? If under your tongue you need to get it right in there or you will get a lower reading...

Hope this helps!!

Hi Piglet,

Im in celsius as well in Aus. Generally my temp before o is around 36ish...(can drop down below that tho)then after it goes up to around mid 36's. If your temp is already low it could be that it has already dropped ready for AF, for some people their temp drops a couple days before, sometimes the day before etc.

Did you take your temp first thing in the morning? And under your tongue or vaginally? If under your tongue you need to get it right in there or you will get a lower reading...

Hope this helps!!

really? now i feel sad. anyhoo, no signs of AF yet. i hope she doesn't show up. yes first thing in the morning around 6:30 am and underneath my tongue. hohum.

Hi Piglet,

Hope this helps!!

really? now i feel sad. anyhoo, no signs of AF yet. i hope she doesn't show up. yes first thing in the morning around 6:30 am and underneath my tongue. hohum.

Don't feel sad yet piglet! Until you have temped for a while you won't be able to interpret the result properly. I know if I just put thermometer in my mouth loosely under my tongue, as opposed to finding the heat pad my temps change a lot! And there are always dips here and there! My temps sometimes go all over the place!

I wasn't trying to make you lose hope, stay positive!! Sorry piglet

Hi Piglet,

Hope this helps!!

Don't feel sad yet piglet! Until you have temped for a while you won't be able to interpret the result properly. I know if I just put thermometer in my mouth loosely under my tongue, as opposed to finding the heat pad my temps change a lot! And there are always dips here and there! My temps sometimes go all over the place!

I wasn't trying to make you lose hope, stay positive!! Sorry piglet

Newbie's right piglet-every body is different-my pre-o temps are as high or higher than some people's post-o temps-takes a few months of charting for it to all start becoming clear. Especially tough if you begin mid-cycle. Hopefully you are pg and won't need to temp for another cycle, but if you're not, keep temping from day 1 (first day of period) and next month you'll start to see those patterns. Nothing to worry about right now...

good luck newbie, mrschezek, Nikkih, piglet and everyone else in the 2ww!

:dust:

Piglet, I tend to have higher than normal temps! My pre-o temps are typically around 36.4-36.6, which is most people's post-O temps, there is just no way of knowing what your temps are like yet

my post-o temps are around 37

@Newbie: oh no, newbie, don't worry. I mean, I was just sort of loppy this past few days, with spotting and expecting and having the thermometer (at last!) but really i appreciate your info. :hugs:

@veganlily: so the temps vary. which part of the tongue should i put it? what do you mean loosely? sorry i really am ignorant in all this stuff. :blush:

@rmsh1: actually i don't really know my pre-o and post-o, because i just started taking my temps yesterday (because its new and was excited to use it) :winkwink:

thanks thanks guys. i really appreciate your feedbacks. baby dust to all! :hugs:

you should put the thermometre right under your tongue, and hold it down with your tongue, to get maximum coverage over the thermometre

Or you can tempvaginally which is meant to be far more stable

@Newbie: oh no, newbie, don't worry. I mean, I was just sort of loppy this past few days, with spotting and expecting and having the thermometer (at last!) but really i appreciate your info. :hugs:

@veganlily: so the temps vary. which part of the tongue should i put it? what do you mean loosely? sorry i really am ignorant in all this stuff. :blush:

@rmsh1: actually i don't really know my pre-o and post-o, because i just started taking my temps yesterday (because its new and was excited to use it) :winkwink:

thanks thanks guys. i really appreciate your feedbacks. baby dust to all! :hugs:

Yeah I also temp under tongue-same spot every time with same amount of pressure, etc. it's tempting to really hold that sucker tight when I want the temps to stay high at end of 2ww but I realize how silly that is! Hope I'm not the only one who has to stop myself from doing that :blush:

Fertilityfriend.com has a ton of great information and online tutorials. I love the original book the best still - Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Read it when I was 21 and it changed my life-charted to avoid for many years with my ex so I wouldn't have to be on the pill-don't like chemicals and it made me super mauseous sick/gain weight/lose all sex drive. Feel free to ask me any questions and lots of luck!

you should put the thermometre right under your tongue, and hold it down with your tongue, to get maximum coverage over the thermometre

Or you can tempvaginally which is meant to be far more stable

oh. i don't know about the temp down there. i'm sort of uncomfortable with the idea. :blush: i'll try the hold down under my tongue thing tomorrow.

yeah not everyone is comfortable temping vaginally, although it's said to be more accurate. my temp is also very high, the lowest i got pre-O is 36.4C. it varies to every woman. hope AF stays away, piglet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->