Ttc#1 and the men!

bellahoney

Expecting a boy!
Reaction score
How is everyone's mate, so, dh,bf etc taking this task of trying to conceive. What are the things that they do to make this process more easier? It's an emotional rollercoaster to say the least. Just when some of us think they are not paying attention, our mates does things that are so sweet. What role do they play when Af comes or ov, testing, etc?

Although, it's our bodies we also have to include them since they are the biggest part of this babymaking as well.

My husband is making this experience so much fun and he is such a stress reliever! When he can tell that I may be down he does silly things that help take my mind off of it all. I can't mention that I'm ovulating and he is on it! lol. We both want this bad and I believe he is part of the reason I am more calm and relaxed. He is also motivating me to keep up with workouts. He is also willing to take vitamins to help the process.

My husband is there for me. I wish he wasnt so non-chalant about it.

My husband is really nonchelant about it too. He is sad when ever we get a negative and he'll hold me and comfort me, but he doesn't really get excited when it's time to test or anything. But he's a good sport - he lets me take my vitamins and buy pre-seed and whatever else I feel we need :D

For the first few months my husband was the same way but men show their emotions a little different. Now instead of being nonchalant he tries to cheer me up. They will come around. It's emotinal for them too

I dunno lol my hubby is chill about everything. It's just how he is. It's not that he isn't emotional he is just very happy all around and doesn't let stuff get to him.

Sometimes I think it's hard for OH to understand the want for a baby. The need and want to have a child is just in us as women!

Looking at it from an evolutionary perspective (I am a biology major, I have to do this lol....) men are wired strictly for a need to reproduce. There isn't an emotional need for it like women tend to experience.

I can deffiantely see that hehe :)

DF is also supportive but not...helpful, so to speak. However, we're having to use a sperm donor, and so I think he feels a little removed from the process. I have him do the at-home inseminations, and try to make him feel involved. We talk about "the baby" as though we've already conceived, so I know he's excited, but I think he's just afraid to get too attached to the idea in case it doesn't happen. I think he's afraid of getting me excited either.

My OH is broodier than I am, he's desperate to have a baby and become a daddy, it's so sweet :)

I tell him everything as it happens and at times he pulls faces (usually when I tell him about CM), but he'd rather know what's going on and be kept in the loop.

my O/H is very supportive, but he is one of those that doesnt worry about anything unless he needs to. He wants it to happen as much as i do, but sometimes it doesnt seem that way.

My DH is 110% onboard with this & super supportive! He takes his vitamins, supports me, asks questions & keeps me going! He really wants to be a Dad & melts when he holds other peoples babies!! Hes an angel.....but I knew that when I married him!

Yes I would agree, my DH is my rock through all of this. He picks up the slack on the chores and cooking when I'm feeling low, takes his vitamins, picks me up when I'm feeling low and keeps me positive, encourages me with my weight loss and doesn't complain about my strict :sex: schedule! :rofl:

Don't know where I'd be without him! x

DH is a bit..well miffed :shrug: we both thought it wouldnt take long...

his elder brother has 1 kid which was conceived right away, who is now 18 months and wife is preggers again ready to pop any minute now! But to be fair she never was on BC and shes only 22....so more in her favour, me im 27, was on BC for almost a year....hmm

So i guess pressure is on?

when i got BFN every month he just told me not to cry over it...:growlmad:.which frankly annoys me...seems im more excited to get that :bfp: than he is...even though he does want kids....4 of them...eek..

if i dont get :bfp: this month i may hold off until next year, as my younger bro in law is marrying in november and he says i have to be there...wedding is abroad....

My OH is very excited about the whole thing. He keeps bugging me to do a test!!

My dh is incredibly supportive and encourages me along the way of ttc'ing. He takes his vitamins and has no issue with me purchasing whatever supplement's, opk's, etc., that I feel will help. He gets excited when it's time to dtd and he never complains about being too tired. He's always there when I need him, prays over our ttc'ing and helps to build me back up when af shows. He has had two daughters from a previous marriage but it doesn't change his desire to have children with me. I think him knowing that I want this so badly causes him to want it badly for us too. I really appreciate him and tell him all the time.

Btw...I love this thread. It allows our OH to get some recognition for all their hard work too! :)

How is everyone's mate, so, dh,bf etc taking this task of trying to conceive. What are the things that they do to make this process more easier? It's an emotional rollercoaster to say the least. Just when some of us think they are not paying attention, our mates does things that are so sweet. What role do they play when Af comes or ov, testing, etc?

Although, it's our bodies we also have to include them since they are the biggest part of this babymaking as well.

My husband is making this experience so much fun and he is such a stress reliever! When he can tell that I may be down he does silly things that help take my mind off of it all. I can't mention that I'm ovulating and he is on it! lol. We both want this bad and I believe he is part of the reason I am more calm and relaxed. He is also motivating me to keep up with workouts. He is also willing to take vitamins to help the process.

You and I are experiencing the same husbands Bella, DH is so wonderful last week when I said I'm to tired he actually got up set with me saying that he didn't want to miss the chance of conceiving because he didn't want to see me upset when AF comes. But then on the other hand he makes things stress free. Although the other day after BD and I started giggling explaining we should High Five it out and say Go Team Davis.. he didn't find it so funny LOL i still do though but you gotta laugh to make it fun right?

I didnt know how sensitive my hubby was until we started ttc! I love it, its so cute. Monday af came and he went to the store bought huge overnight pads and super tampons...you would have thought I was bleeding to death lol. He said everyone was looking at him crazy. He asked today if it was over bc he was ready

My OH is super broody and very excited to become a dad. We're only on the first month trying so we're both very relaxed about it but I if it does take a long time I know he'll be very supportive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->