TTC #1 clomid and Ovidrel

Is your hubby taking any time off of work once you have the babies? I think my husband is just taking off the day I have colt, an then he is going back to work the next day. I know his boss would let him have more days off, but my husband doesn't want to miss out on his commission

Is your hubby taking any time off of work once you have the babies? I think my husband is just taking off the day I have colt, an then he is going back to work the next day. I know his boss would let him have more days off, but my husband doesn't want to miss out on his commission

?? Miss out on commission? What does he do for work pb?

PB my husband is taking off at LEAST a week off work. Hes been at his new-ish job for about a year, so he will have a week paid vacation, and he might take another week or two off unpaid depending on what we have saved up. Or even if we dont have saved up... he wants to be there as much as possible.

Your DH is only taking off the one day? :saywhat: There is no way in HELL I would stand for such crap... commission or not. I am sorry and it might not be my place, but I think that is horse shit. I understand he has 2 kids and this isnt his first "rodeo", but this is your first child together, he should want to be there for and with you for as long as he can afford to be. I apologize if I offend you by saying that, but having a baby, first one or not, is a BIG deal and you will want and need any emotional support he can give you. Just my two cents. I hope that when it gets closer he changes his mind. And I hope he tries to stay more involved in your baby's life than he has in his other kids lives. Again, I apologize for any offense.

My DH will take a week or more, he wants to be with our little one 24/7 that first week or so. I think it's the only time ever that he'll take off extra time from work and not care about making $ for us first.

Pb, are you sure u didn't misunderstand ur DH? I'm certain he'll insist on being home with you and the baby during that first week.

My husband is a service manager at a tire shop and he vulcanizes tires. And ya it's bullshit. Blucky you didn't offend me at all. My husband thinks he can't afford to take off more than one day. Which I know is total crap. Grace I'm positive I didn't misunderstand him, cause I was telling him that he is gonna stay with me in the hospital the whole time I'm there, and he said He can't miss more than a day of work, but that he would stay with me at the hospital at night and go to work from there in the morning. His boss even told him that he could have time off, but he thinks he can't afford to miss more than one day. I will talk to him more about it within the next 4 1/2 months.

He makes almost $3,000 a month, so I know he can afford to take at least 3-4 days off.

My husband is a service manager at a tire shop and he vulcanizes tires. And ya it's bullshit. Blucky you didn't offend me at all. My husband thinks he can't afford to take off more than one day. Which I know is total crap. Grace I'm positive I didn't misunderstand him, cause I was telling him that he is gonna stay with me in the hospital the whole time I'm there, and he said He can't miss more than a day of work, but that he would stay with me at the hospital at night and go to work from there in the morning. His boss even told him that he could have time off, but he thinks he can't afford to miss more than one day. I will talk to him more about it within the next 4 1/2 months.

Ughhhh Im sorry PB, but at least you have your mind made up, sometimes men are so stubborn and DUMB, you just need to explain to him how its going to be, period. I always "pick my battles" with my DH, but the birth and first few days/week of our babies life would absolutely be one battle that I would not budge an inch on.
He loves you, I'm sure he'll come around, shame on him! silly guy. :wacko: LOL

This Morning I asked him if he was planning on just taking one day off when Colt is born, and he said "probably, I don't have a job where I can take off whenever I want, like you do!" It's a bunch of crap. His boss is my dads friend, so I know he would work with him and let him off a few days.

This Morning I asked him if he was planning on just taking one day off when Colt is born, and he said "probably, I don't have a job where I can take off whenever I want, like you do!" It's a bunch of crap. His boss is my dads friend, so I know he would work with him and let him off a few days.

Yes pb, I agree with you 1000%. :hugs: and Im so sorry you need to even deal with this. He's not taking off "whenever" he wants, its ONE week for the BIRTH OF HIS CHILD!!!!!!!! its not "whenever he wants".

I don't know what your relationship is like, but I would just TELL HIM, look I need you home with me and your son. Period. There is no other option.

Like I said, i dont know what your relationship is like or how you feel about it, but you need to set a precedent here. Some things are NON-NEGOTIABLE.

But maybe you are different, maybe you will have tons of people at the house with you and having him there really doesn't matter to you? Im not sure. I pick my battles with my DH and for me, this is one I would NOT give in to. but we are all different.

It upsets me. He told me that he is going to talk to his boss about it. And see how long he can take off. But ya this morning I told him its very selfish and dumb that he rather get commission, than spend the first few days with his new born son. And he said "it would be very selfish and foolish if I didn't go to work to be able to buy things for my new son" I mean come on, all I'm asking is for 3-4 days that he spends with us, this is suppose to be a very special time for us to spend TOGETHER as a new family. Ya know? But he says he is gonna talk to his boss about having a few days off, we'll see! Hey do y'all think its to early to buy a crib at 20 weeks? I'll be 20 weeks next Friday when we plan on buying the crib.

I bought both of mine by 18, maybe even 16. I don't think it's too soon...

My nursery is damn near set and has been for a month. Just need small stuff now. I'd rather be ready too soon than too late. Ya know?

Next Thursday needs to hurry up so I can see my baby. Lol. Are the babies sleeping with y'all the first few months? I plan on putting the crib in our room until he can at least sleep through the night.

It was at 9, but I find the thought of writing a recap exhausting lol. SOOO tired today. Ill boot up my laptop in a bit and write it up. Had some ups and downs.

We have 3 cribs, one in our room for them to share at first... I hope to have them in their own cribs after a month or by a month.

Had some ups and downs at the appointment? Did you see babies in 4D today?

Hi guys

pb I am with you 1000% on what you said about DH. I hope he snaps out of it.

I dont think its too early to buy a crib. My DH and I have already picked out stuff and are just waiting for the extra money to come in. but if we had it now, we would buy now.
We have the travel system and bedroom set picked so far.

Blucky, glad your appt went well. You must have been thrilled to see the babies.

pb, you are going at 330p, will you see colt today?

I got to see Alex's face in 4d, but Emma WAS NOT having it. she was SO uncooperative during the whole thing. Twisting, turning, and moving about. It was cute but the tech was having a hard time getting her measured.

The scan took about 50-55 minutes... they measured soooo much.... they measured several aspects of the brain and heart, pointed out the kidneys, stomach, etc. Measured femurs, cords, checked everything. I got one decent 4d shot that I will upload to my journal here in a few, but the woman said the babies looked really good.

Alexander is 1Lb8oz in the 49%ile, and Emma is 1Lb6oz and in the 21%ile... I thought that was really weird they were so far apart even though they are only 2 oz apart but the doc said it was fine and normal. Emma is measuring 3-4 days behind and the doc said I am measuring 32 weeks (as a single pregnancy though). So the good news was that the babies looked great! The part that I guess was not as good was that my cervix has significantly shortened. It was like 4.9cm in Jan and was only 2.3cm today and has some funneling. I am going to do more research to learn more about funneling, but it didnt sound very good and I think it increases my chances of preterm labor. The doc said that if my cervix gets closer and below 1.5cm then ill be bed bound and I do NOT want that, so I am going back in 2 weeks to have it checked again.

Thats about what I have to update, hope your appt goes well today PB

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->