TTC #1 in New England

amandasue3612

Reaction score
Hi all, My husband and I are TTC #1 but have some hickups. It would be great to have someone to talk to as I am not from the area in which I live so I do not know alot of people in the same boat as me. I am new to all this and in my late 20's...all buddies welcomed :)

Hi! I'm in the Boston area too!

Hubby is 31, I am 24...We've been married for 2 1/2 years and are trying for baby #1. We were originally planning to start TTC the middle of August but I am having a hard time regulating my cycle, currently on cd 90 so I am going to the dr tomorrow to try and figure out what is going on.

I am 22 and dh is 21. I know, we are so young but we have been married for over a year so we are now deciding to try! It says in my signature we have been TTC for over a year but really it was a not trying, no protection but on our 1 year anniversary we decided to full on TTC! I am usually on a 28/29 day cycle and I am now 3 weeks late. I've never been late so we have our fingers crossed!

yay Sparkles...baby dust to you, when are you going to test?

The last time I tested was last thursday at the dr's office and she would only do urine and it was negative. I told her some of my family never showed positive on urine until later on so she told me to wait a couple of weeks (I will be over 5 weeks late for AF) and to see what happens.

I would be going crazy! Have you ever had irregular periods?

Hii everyone!! Sorry I had to find my initial post therte were so many as I am new to this forum. Hubby is 24 and I am 27 so I said I wanted to start. For a year and a half we have been trying but nothing has happened so I have already done and ultra sound, blood test, I go next week for my HSG and then the hubbs has to do a SA. Are you in downtown Boston or suburbs? Thats so exciting it makes me so anxious to wait and wait...and baby dust to you :)

I have never ever had irregular periods. Ever. They have always been 28/29 cycles

@Amandasue - I live in the suburbs, I used to work in downtown but now I work just outside of the city and live in central mass...How about you? I hope all your tests turn out to be fine and its just been off bd timing, I am meeting with a doctor today to find out if something is wrong since i haven't been able to get a period.

@sparkles - that seems strange, I would def ask your doctor to do a blood test.

@Amandasue - I live in the suburbs, I used to work in downtown but now I work just outside of the city and live in central mass...How about you? I hope all your tests turn out to be fine and its just been off bd timing, I am meeting with a doctor today to find out if something is wrong since i haven't been able to get a period.

@sparkles - that seems strange, I would def ask your doctor to do a blood test.

I live in Hopedale so outside of it but most people that are not from around here do not know so I say Boston lol. I hope so too it has me nervous bc I never thought I would have these issues its weird. and good that you go to the Dr. thats what my family doctor suggested and I am glad I did because the OBGYN has been amazing so far so I am glad I did.

Yea, I always put Boston as well. I'm about an hour north of you. I'm nervous about going to the doctor today, I really hope nothing is wrong. I was on the Depo shot a couple years ago but its been 19 months since my last shot so I'm starting to think that there is a reason my hormones are all screwed up...thats good that you like your OB, I'm sure it will make the whole process a little easier/less stressful... where are you from originally?

Yea, I always put Boston as well. I'm about an hour north of you. I'm nervous about going to the doctor today, I really hope nothing is wrong. I was on the Depo shot a couple years ago but its been 19 months since my last shot so I'm starting to think that there is a reason my hormones are all screwed up...thats good that you like your OB, I'm sure it will make the whole process a little easier/less stressful... where are you from originally?

I was on Ortho tri cyclen for at least 10 years but the OB said that I would be more likely that the BC would help me get pregnant. He thinks I might have endometrois and that is why we are doing all these test. I am from Ohio orignally but moved here after my hubby got out of the Marine Corp(hes from MA originally) so I am here with just him and how do I get picture or those time lines lol? I cant figure it out for the life of me.

I was on Ortho tri cyclen for at least 10 years but the OB said that I would be more likely that the BC would help me get pregnant. He thinks I might have endometrois and that is why we are doing all these test. I am from Ohio orignally but moved here after my hubby got out of the Marine Corp(hes from MA originally) so I am here with just him and how do I get picture or those time lines lol? I cant figure it out for the life of me.

Well, welcome to MA! If you go to your "user CP" you can update your signature. I use lilypie.com for the tickers and then you just copy and paste the code to your signature and save it.

AFM, I feel so much better after seeing the DR yesterday. We have a game plan, she is putting me on a 10 day progesterone prescription to start AF and then once i get it, i will go in for labs on CD 3 and I go back on Oct. 2 for a pelvic u/s to check for cysts. I am so excited to finally start a new cycle and get some answers!

Well, welcome to MA! If you go to your "user CP" you can update your signature. I use lilypie.com for the tickers and then you just copy and paste the code to your signature and save it.

AFM, I feel so much better after seeing the DR yesterday. We have a game plan, she is putting me on a 10 day progesterone prescription to start AF and then once i get it, i will go in for labs on CD 3 and I go back on Oct. 2 for a pelvic u/s to check for cysts. I am so excited to finally start a new cycle and get some answers!

Thanks!! Ny name is Amanda...obviously its in my username haha but yeah I just got my bloodwork done this week on my CD 3 and then this coming tues I have my HSG test scheduled and did an ultra sound and so far the dr hasnt called me so everything looks good for that. He has me on prenantals now but he thinks once he does the HSG test and what not that fairly soon after that I should get pregnant. IDK he thinks i might have endometriosis but so far nothing abnormal from the blood or ultra sound and I felt much better too because I went thinking am I crazy but hes doing everything he needs to which makes me feel better because I hate when drs. dont listen and do nothing when you know something is up. OH and the hubs has to a SA so thats all that is left with us. Yeah I was the same way because I saw him about a week before my cycle and I didnt want to wait to do anything lol...so I am glad that it has came and gone so we can do the rest of the tests.

Well that's good that the DR is listening to you, I hate that too and that's how i felt with my other obgyn, he just said "keep trying and if you're not pregnant in 6 months come back"...and i was like "ok well i need a period to start trying" :dohh:
Hopefully, things will get sorted out for the both of us and we will soon get our BFPs...then we can be bump buddies!

Well that's good that the DR is listening to you, I hate that too and that's how i felt with my other obgyn, he just said "keep trying and if you're not pregnant in 6 months come back"...and i was like "ok well i need a period to start trying" :dohh:
Hopefully, things will get sorted out for the both of us and we will soon get our BFPs...then we can be bump buddies!

OMG I know right...I would have flipped on that other OBGYN. You go to them for help and answers not for them to tell you to come back in 6 months. IDK sometimes I hate going onto facebook and stuff like that because they are preggo or just had kids and all that goodness so I get sad :(

yea...I feel like i see preggos EVERYWHERE! I've been driving myself crazy over here with my secret pinterest board and wishlists on etsy/amazon...I just want a baby so bad. The one good thing about sights like BnB is that there are a lot of supportive women on here and we all have the same goal so its nice to know that you're not alone and that helps give me hope most days that i'm feeling bummed.

Yeha it does because alot of times I get really sad haha. I am afraid that it wont be possible for me. Ugh I hate that. I am the most impatient person ever so it makes it so hard for me.

Yeha it does because alot of times I get really sad haha. I am afraid that it wont be possible for me. Ugh I hate that. I am the most impatient person ever so it makes it so hard for me.

ugh, me too I hate waiting for things I want. Have you been using OPKs, temping, ovulation apps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->