TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

Omg Amber! I know you will be busy with a million other things but PLEASE keep us updated! So exciting to meet your little boy today!! Hope all goes well!

Wow!!!! Good luck Amber, sending lots of positive vibes your way. You get to meet that little one growing inside of you today :D

Amber I'm sure you're much too busy to be bothered with us right now but sending you the best vibes!

I have my doc appointment tomorrow. So I'll update you guys with what he says. I'm taking the next 3 months to cleanse. I've already lost most of my excess weight so it's not really about that. More of a Mind, Body and Spirit rejuvenation to de-stress and get in a good place. Going to stick to a healthier diet, while doing exercise and fertility yoga (this will be new, we'll see how it goes, but I love regular yoga). I need a reset. I'm going to quit temping and just use OPKs to make sure nothing too crazy is happening. I've been temping for over a year and always have generally the same pattern so I've exhausted all I need to know about my cycle in that regard.

I've been spending less time researching 'cures' and what meds and supplements to take for infertility and more time reading and listening (podcasts) on self love and self care to heal infertility naturally with a balanced lifestyle and GOOD SOLID nutrition. I feel like this will be good for me right now. Rid my body of the meds over the last 2 medicated IUIs and focus on putting my body in the best position I can to house and carry the baby I so desperately want. I figure even if it doesn't work and we don't conceive naturally I know I'll be in the best position to move forward with next steps from my doctor for a chance to succeed where we have failed before.

Whatever my doc suggests we will move forward with for our December cycle.

How was your appointment? I think that's a very healthy approach. People always underestimate how stressful it is. You deserve a bit of time off.

I had my glucose screening this morning (to screen for gestational diabetes). People always say it's the worst thing ever, but it wasn't that bad. It's just a very sugary drink that you have to finish in 5-minutes, slightly above the sugar content than in a can of coke. Results should be back early next week.

I live in the beautiful country that is Canada and the amazing province that is Ontario. We currently have a government funding program in place that supports IVF. As you can probably imagine though the wait list is super long. 1 year give or take. After 3 failed IUIs we have now been added to this list.

In the meantime my doc has recommended we do another IUI. He's still optimistic we can pregnant without moving to IVF. He's still trying to get me to multiple follicles. So for the next round we're increasing the Puregon dose to 100iu from the previous 75iu. It's already CD4 for September so this cycle is out regardless but I'm planning to also take October/November off and focus on me overall health and well-being. We will give IUI#4 a try in November/December.

Dream I think that’s a great idea. During our medicated cycles I broke down several times to my husband that I just didn’t want to keep doing it anymore. I think a physical and mental “cleanse” is very healthy. And you’re right, no matter if you Concieve naturally or with help in future cycles, your mind and body will be in a better place. How was the appointment?

Sunny- I heard certain flavors were better or worse. I think I was told to go for the orange one? I don’t remember. I’m sure your results will come out just fine.

Oops we posted in the same time! That’s great that you have some plans in place. Hopefully during your break it will just happen naturally though!

That's amazing Dream! I'm happy to hear that if you do end up needing IVF, at least you won't be paying out of pocket. Do you know if meds are covered as well? And do you happen to know if the funding is for everyone in Ontario? I got an email the other day from a blog reader who mentioned there wasn't any funding and she was from Ontario.

Hope none of that will be necessary though, but I bet just having that option there is worth a bit of peace of mind.

Tb, I had the orange one! It tasted like a flat Fanta/Sunkist lol.

I keep checking to see if Amber has posted any updates lol. Hope all went well :)

The funding covers the procedure only. Medication is still out of pocket, but our drug plan benefits though work would cover that. I'm not sure why she would say/think there's no funding. I know each clinic only gets a certain amount per year.... maybe something to do with that. I don't know.

I started with some aromatherapy and essential oils last night. I slept like a newborn baby. lol

Hi guys! Just quickly checking in. I updated in my journal but things are getting better. Little baby boy Leon was delivered via c-section on 9/4 at 3:38pm weighing 6lb 9oz and 19 inches long! Thanks for sending good vibes my way!

Dream- keeping everything crossed for you!

Sunny- I didn't think the glucose test was bad at all either. I had the lemon lime flavor and it just tasted like flat sprite.

Happy 17 weeks TB

Happy belated 27 week Sunny.

Yay! Amber congrats!!!!! So happy he's here. How absolutely in love are you?! Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

So no temping the next couple months but I'm still going to do OPKs in case something funky happens like my 26 day June cycle. Going to start those this afternoon.

Amber---- CONGRATS! I know you are over the moon and adjusting to Mommy life. I can't wait to see a picture of him. :)

Dream- I get where you are coming from. Glad you will still test. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

AFM- AF showed up Friday. I felt better this month until I watched an episode of Intervention. It is about people with addiction problems. This girl had 4 kids and only has custody of 1 because she had a herion addiction. I just looked at my hubby and said how can someone keep popping out kids and not even be trying. Then not even want to be in their lives because the drug is their real love. Here we all are trying to have a baby and doing everything in our power to do it, but nothing. Then all these ladies can just look at the opposite sex and get pregnant. It really got under my skin and I had to turn the TV off for a while. I know there is a reason and purpose for everything. I know everything will happen the way God wants it too, but I couldn't help but feel the disappointment. Then my FB is covered in people having babies or posting they are pregnant. I try not to even go on there very often anymore. Thanks for letting me vent this morning. I did have a wonderful day with my son on Friday celebrating his birthday and enjoyed a relaxing weekend. I hope everyone has a happy Monday! Back at work today and will be super busy playing catch up. :)

Sarah- I totally get what you are saying. It is so not fair. Glad you had fun celebrating your son's birthday!

Dream- I am so in love. We did newborn pictures today. I posted one in my journal. He is just the sweetest little thing.

Tb and Sunny how are you ladies feeling?

Omg Amber, he's so incredibly cute!!!!! Glad things are going well :)

Dream, yeah I think that by temping for as long as you have, you clearly know your body well enough to stop. Hope the less stressful cycle does the trick.

Sarah, ahh :( I completely get that. It's so incredibly unfair. How do people who are not even trying get pregnant while others who want a baby so bad and try everything, just can't seem to make it work. Really hope this will be your month.

AFM, still feeling great, except for a bit of insomnia. Every day feels like a step closer to a healthy baby. The survival rate, if she was born today, is already >90%, pretty amazing right?

Glad you are feeling good Sunny! I know it sure was reassuring to see the survival rate increase as i got further along :)

It sure is! How is the c-section recovery going? That's the part that scares me the most if I were to have a c-section.

My recovery from c-section has been great! I have has very minimal pain and I can pretty much do all normal activities around the house. I'm limited to only lifting 10 lbs though. Breast feeding has been so much harder than recovery from surgery, but that is going so much better now. Overall I think I got pretty lucky with my recovery. I have only needed tylenol and ibuprofen for pain control.

So happy to hear that Amber! I bet there's a huge learning curve when it comes to BF-ing, but glad to hear things are getting better now that your milk has come in.

Greater than 90% is pretty effing awesome Sunny, that's a big deal. I love it!

Amber - Also awesome your recovery is going well. No serious pain! Amazing. You deserve a nice chill recovery.

So I've manifested in my mind that I will be pregnant before 2018 is over. Of course I don't really know or can't make it happen. But within my new focus on self care my attitude is going to play a major role. I feel really good and confident in saying and believing that it will happen in 2018. Only good juju and good vibes over here.

I'm Day 3 of Sugar/Carb cleanse/detox and feeling really great with that too.

Amber- So glad to hear things are going well. I hate that I don't know how to looks at everyone's journal to see a pic.

Dream- I had the same thought. Pregnant by the end of 2018. I was talking to a friend last night and she told me to buy fruit loops for the hubby. Make him eat them for breakfast and when he is hungry. She has had 2 people do it and they were prego in 3 months. Of course it has nothing to do with the fruit loops but taking the focus of trying so hard. It was funny to hear about it though.

AFM- just waiting for AF to go away. Nothing really exciting happening. Which is a good thing every now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->