TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

Amber, TB - Thanks so much! I'm for sure still in shock, like is this really happening?

copied from my journal:

I tested again today and can see clear progression. Didn't take any pics because my phone was dead before I left for work. But the Wondfo and other cheapie brand I have both showed clear progression since Sunday. The FRER looks good too, test and control line are the exact same. I'm probably going to test one more day on Thursday, 14DPO and then I'll be done with the pee sticks.

I saw my doctor yesterday afternoon. She ordered me a whole ton of blood work that I'm going to go do today. She also recommended I get a flu shot. I def don't get one every year but I have a couple times. She said it's recommended in pregnancy and since I'm not against them per say I'll just do it. I'm making DH get one too, just because.

She gave me a req to call and book my dating ultrasound. I can book anytime between December 17th-24th. She also took my OB request and is going to send her a referral for me.

My doc also gave me a prescription for Diclectin to be filled only if I need it. Hopefully not.

That's about it, she asked me for a urine sample, just as a formality. I should hear from the OB at some point to book my first appointment with her around the 12 week mark.

Since we will have our dating scan before Christmas, if all looks good I'm thinking we will probably tell our parents on Christmas day.

Dream- that’s what I had to do. Once I had clear progression, I stopped. I think I went as far as the day my AF would be due and then I just looked at Betas and tried to relax!

How fun!! Are you going to do something cute or just tell them? That was always the only downside to IVF. My family knew I was doing it and when I would know if it was successful. plus I think some of them had a misconstrued idea of ivf and they thought it was 100% chance lol so it was exciting but they weren’t surprised per say.

I am so happy for you I had to tell DH and I told my mom :haha: She knows about this group so it was fitting! We are all excited for you!

I'm so happy that you get to see your little babe before Christmas!! Do your parents know about your TTC-struggles? It'll be the best Christmas gift ever.

My dating scan is booked!!!! December 21st at 4pm. I'm guess based on O I'll be 7+1.

Can we see or hear a heartbeat at that stage?!

My mom knows we have been trying for a while she also knows we had a few failed IUIs. I kind of pushed her in the dark the past 6 months or so though because she was starting to bug me a bit. Obviously her intentions are nothing but pure but people who haven't been through infertility simply don't get it and often say the wrong things.

DH family, we never came out and told them but they probably assumed. There's no real reason for us to be waiting and they know how much we want kids.

A old friend of mine does custom print designs on clothing and novelty items. So I've asked her to make a couple onesies for us. We will give them to the grandparents, whenever we tell them. It will simply say "Baby Coming Summer 2019"

You should be able to see a heartbeat at 7-ish weeks so that sounds perfect! Love the idea of gifting them onesies, so cute :D

Dream that’s a great idea! And yes you will probably see a heartbeat! I was 6+4 when I went for mine and saw that little flicker! So exciting what a wonderful Christmas gift!

Quick update here... I passed the gestational diabetes test lol so that’s good! Baby girl is trying to get head down so she is currently “oblique” so she’s head down diagonally. Of course I had to read about it and what moves I can do to help her along (if necessary) that I can start in a couple of weeks :haha:

Tb, yay for passing the GD-test! Will you have weekly visits from now on? Hope she settles head down soon, seems like she's already halfway there lol.

Dream, how are you feeling (better get used to that question haha!)? Do you get your results back today?

Guys talk to me about NIPT. What are your thoughts on it. It's not covered in Ontario and will cost about $500 my fam doc told me, but it's totally optional. I think you did it right Sunny?

I'm so lucky to have you pros to ask about these things. Thank you!

TB - yay for passing the gestational diabetes test, that's a nice relief.

My doc called me yesterday afternoon to say my blood work looked perfectly fine, no concerns. She doesn't take quantitative HCG because it was a natural unassisted pregnancy. She said she would if I pushed but I love and trust my doctor and for this case I think she was right. I don't want to stress about HCG numbers doubling perfectly and lets say they were going down, there's nothing I could do about it anyways. I'm totally on board with ignorance is bliss. There will be plenty for me to stress about coming up I'm sure right? lol

I'm feeling okay, my boobs are SO HEAVY and firm. Other than that a get little pressure or pulling/stretching feeling that lasts about 2 seconds a few times throughout the day. Pretty much it. I have acupuncture this afternoon. Haven't seen my ND since my BFP so I'm excited to tell her the news!

Dream it wasn’t covered for me either and I skipped it. Kind of on that same level of things out of your control, I figured (God forbid) if anything was wrong, I couldn’t change it anyway. But everything has appeared wonderful since!

That was my big thing right after- the boobs! It hurt to walk down the hall some times! :haha: I was lucky enough not to have any real morning sickness, just a little queasy if I didn’t eat often enough. And the food aversions made that more difficult! I hope you don’t get morning sickness , or at least not bad!

Your ND is going to be so thrilled! I am going to be seeing the chiropractor at my ND office starting next week (maybe that will help baby move all the way down).

And Sunny, I see my doctor now every two weeks. Then starting January, every week. And have you been feeling any kind of contractions? Has doctor checked on your cervix or anything yet? Your little girl is going to be here literally anytime! I hope you don’t leave us hanging for too long lol

TB - yes that's exactly how I feel, it's not like we could do anything about it, if there were something wrong. What has us even debating it is the incredible impatience to find out if it's a boy or girl lol.

Love the ticker!!

Lol I felt exactly the same just wanted the gender! Haha but at that cost you might as well do the sneak peak test for like $100

Tb- yay for passing the GD test! That's great she's working her way head down!

Sunny- getting close! How are you feeling? So excited for you!

Dream- woohoo for the ticker!! I initially skipped the genetic testing. Then we decided to do additional testing after the anatomy scan showed some abnormalities. I think all the testing caused more stress than anything. The cell-free DNA test was the most helpful as it is very accurate (I think 98%) and gives the gender as well. It's a hard decision for sure! If you are wanting it mainly for the gender, then I would wait for the anatomy scan since the testing is so spendy. I know it's hard to wait though!!

Yea DH and I are feeling like it's basically just a cash grab. Still undecided but I think we're leaning more to skipping it and just waiting.

Countdown starts now. 3 weeks today till I see my little dude. That's what we're calling "him". Dude.

Yayy a ticker!!!! What are you gonna do if it's a girl Dream :D You know there's a 50% chance of that happening ;)

Just to give you a different perspective; for me, NIPT was an absolute no-brainer. I would have been way too stressed out if I didn't get it done, possible still be stressed now since they test for a lot of things that can't be seen on an ultrasound and you'd have to wait until after birth to find out. Even though you can't change the outcome, you can still prepare yourself the best way you can if the results come back and show that the baby has some sort of abnormality. By the time the baby is born, hopefully you've come to "accept it" and learn as much about the condition as you can and how to deal with things. Another advantage of NIPT is the accuracy of the tests. There are a lot of women (like Amber) who go through a lot of stress and unnecessary testing after a false positive on a standard ultrasound that just aren't that accurate.

I don't like to spend money, but the piece of mind it brought us = priceless lol. I still haven't gotten a final bill. The insurance company got quoted >2k and rejected it, but I know they won't bill you more than $250-350 (forgot the exact $) if you call them and tell them you're paying out of pocket.

AFM, no contractions. I was checked at 36 weeks and my cervix was still closed but started to soften. It's not that great in predicting when you'll go into labor so I think I'll just wait until week 40 to get checked again.

Thanks for the other side of thinking on the NIPT Sunny. I appreciate that. More to think about and discuss with DH.

Had our baby shower yesterday! Guys, it was so incredible to be celebrating your OWN baby. I’m just on cloud 9!

Hi all!

I am 31 and went off birth control about 2 months ago now. Haven't had any luck yet but am ttc #1. I am currently only 2dpo so it is the TWW for me! Would love to buddy up with anyone else who is trying!
:hugs::hugs:
Here with you but 16po. !!

Caa, that was posted nearly 2-years ago ;) Good luck though!!!

Tb, ahhh glad it was perfect :D Were you able to cross a lot of stuff off your list after the shower? Happy 29 weeks!

Dream, love seeing the progress stamp ticker! Already at 12% today, woohoo :D How are you feeling?

Happy 29 weeks TB. That's great the shower went well.

Happy 39 weeks Sunny - this really is the final stretch now. so exciting.

lol if It's a girl i'll still call her dude, more of an endearment term then gender specific. Dudette isn't nearly as cool.

So DH is completely uninterested in the NIPT.... so looks like we're probably not doing it. I'm feeling pretty regular. Except pooping. Nobody told me pooping would be this hard. It's very eventful. I'm just trying to keep my water and fibre intake up to help move things along best I can.

I'm a sane human being I swear it. I know I can/should stop testing but I can't help it. Still testing EOD. Almost out of tests now though so that's good!
WhatsApp Image 2018-12-03 at 8.58.22 AM.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->