TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

Thanks girls :) I guess the most difficult part is that it's not how I "imagined" it would go. I have a week to get used to the idea and I'm sure I'll be fine. Who knows, she might just show up this week after all, still possible. First timers often don't dilate until just before labor starts.

Hopefully she comes on her own!
I had an OB appointment today and she is officially head down! I thought she was, for several reasons including my need to pee more lol

Amber how’s baby boy doin?

Dream- one more week and twoish days! So excited!

9 more sleeps! I'm so nervous because there are quite a few women miscarrying in an August babies Facebook group I'm in. They just start bleeding and miscarry seemingly out of the blue. I'm so grateful for every day, hour, minute and second that I'm still pregnant.

Some are also starting to go for their first scans and a couple are finding out their pregnancies aren't viable etc. It's heartbreaking and impossible not to worry. I just hope and pray everyday that my little Dude in alright in there.

So I can't turn on the heat in my car anymore because it smells and makes me nauseous. I noticed it on the way home from work yesterday so I turned the heat to the lowest setting and just dealt with it. But this morning was so much worse I almost had to pull over I felt so gross. So I turned he heat completely off and drove to work in my cold car. but I felt soooo much better.

Sunny - I'm sure you will update us when you can, I hope you're busy in labour though.

TB - yay for head down!

Last edited:
That was my biggest worry too before I had my first scan. I often checked this website. It's reassuring to see how, with each passing day, your chances of having a healthy baby go up. I think it's just the lonnnggg TTC journey that makes us feel anxious about it all.

Tb, yayy :D Head down and in position! Can you believe you're already 30 weeks pregnant?!

Dream I totally get that. I don’t know how.. but I made myself think only positive! I just felt like “this is absolutely it and I’ll be having a full term live baby” I also used that website Sunny suggested! It did make me feel better.
But I get it, I was a nervous wreck moments before our first scan. Slowly is gets better.

It’s weird what things make you feel gross when you’re pregnant. I couldn’t cook a lot just because things looked gross raw haha

I can’t believe I’m 30 weeks. It feels like I left Prague a short few months ago not 27 weeks ago! And in an even shorter time I’m going to have our baby girl in my arms! Amazing.

I’m going on a tour of the birthing center we have here. I Soo want to give birth there but I’m also so nervous about not being in a hospital.. but they are 2 miles from the hospital and have an ambulance on site in the event of an emergency so it makes me feel a little better.. I figure if I have to be induced, I’ll go to the hospital.. if not.. birthing center? Idk ahhhh

So exciting Tb! What's the birthing center like? Did you take a hospital tour yet, or are you planning to? Our hospital almost feels like a hybrid between the two, as they have things like hot tubs/showers, birthing balls, birthing stools, squatting bars and what not. Fetal monitoring is all wireless, rooms are private and dim lit, and you have a personal labor and delivery nurse that looks after you.

The baby never leaves your side, they do delayed clamping, and all initial checks will be carried out while the baby has skin to skin contact with mom (unless there's a problem).

One of the on-call midwives will deliver the baby and the OBGYN's only step in if there's fetal distress or if interventions are needed.

I guess I'll find out within a week if it really is as perfect as it seems ;)

Sunny that sounds absolutely perfect. We're still undecided on the midwife or OB route and we have appointments with both in the new year to decide. Either way though we have chose the hospital we want to deliver at. (the OB and midwives we're meeting with both have privileges there). There's a midwifery unit within the hospital so I feel like we can get the best of both worlds. All the comforting things you mentioned that typically come along with a birthing centre type atmosphere but the OBs are right across the hall should you want an epidural or have complications. The midwives also come into the OR with you if you require a C-section.

TB - I hear you on the nervousness on not being in the hospital. That was our apprehension on the midwives in the first place. Let us know how the tours go. Seems like that centre is well equipped to get you quickly to the hospital if needed, looks like you would be in very good hands.

So happy to be 6 weeks today! It feels like a major milestone. My apps are saying Dude's heart is already beating. That gives ma all the feels inside. Can't believe it.

We have our hospital tour tonight. We don’t have tubs of any kind but they do have everything else (dim quiet rooms, delayed cord clamping, baby stays with you etc) But the tub is the one thing I wanted more than anything else lol that’s really the only reason I’m considering the birthing center. But there is is literally a huge master suite with a real bed and jacuzzi tub walk in shower etc. it just seems very homey! Idk but I will let you guys know what I think! If I have to be induced things may be different because I might change my mind on the no meds thing (I just hear contractions are much worse if you are induced) so I have some time to figure out what I’m doing. Just not a ton haha

Happy 6 weeks dream! That’s so wonderful that baby has a little flickering heartbeat. I am so excited for your scan! What a lovely moment

My miscarriage rate is out of the 'teens' today at 12.8% Woohoo! Thanks for the site Sunny, it makes me feel better.

I did a lot of sleeping yesterday I was so tired I cancelled my acupuncture appointment. I grabbed a sub on the way home cause I was starving and I put black olives on it (something I've never done in my entire life) but i was so delicious. I crawled into bed as soon as I got home and had a nice nap. Then DH came home and I could hear him all the way downstairs in the kitchen crunching and chomping on what seemed like an entire bag of chips. Every time the bag crinkled and every time he would start chewing I literally cringed. It was so disgusting. I woke up and went to get a Booster Juice smoothie, I came home drank it while watching an episode of Party of 5 then fell back asleep around 8pm and slept through the night.

Still cooking Sunny?

Dream, haha that made me laugh :D I can so imagine that lol. Glad you got a bit of sleep :)

That sounds really nice Tb!! How was the hospital tour? Yeah, I'm definitely planning on getting an epidural if I have to be induced.

Speaking of epidurals...

Just had my last prenatal appointment and I got my membranes swept. Holy sh*t, that was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever experienced. I thought people were exaggerating about how much it hurt. I'm totally considering getting an epidural, as I'm apparently a big wuzz when it comes to pain lol.

A couple of minutes after it was over everything turned black and I almost fainted and threw up. The nurses that came in to help says that happens all the time after my the midwife sweeps someone, but that they usually also go into labor on their own not long after lol. Here's hoping that happens!

If not, I have to be at the hospital Monday 4pm, and starting pitocin 12 hours after that.

Dream your story made me laugh! That’s great! Haha!

Sunny, I don’t blame you. I have a pretty Hugh pain tolerance, otherwise I’d be all about the epidural lol I can’t imagine the sweeping would feel anything but horrible! Hopefully you go into labor real soon though. Can’t wait for your baby!

Our tour went well. I do feel much better about the possibility of hospital labor and delivery but I’m still going to look at the birthing center. We will see! The hospital doesn’t do nitrous oxide but the birthing center does.. another notable difference. We will see! That tour is not until the 27th

Still no baby!! Pretty nervous about the induction process, but also excited that the end is in sight.

Wish me luck girls!

Thinking of you today sunny! So exciting that you will be holding your sweet baby soon <3

Oh sunny! Good luck! Can’t wait to hear about your beautiful daughter!

Can't wait to hear about the beautiful baby Sunny! Hope all is going well!!!!

Ahh! By the time I read this she’s probably here.

Dream you’re a few short days from your scan! How ya feeling?

In my arms right now, so in love! I'll post a longer update (and pics) later, just wanted to let you know we're doing okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->