TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

Jill that is so exciting! I had my first scan the same time- 6w2d! I did it privately because my doctors only do 1 in the first 12 weeks and after the infertility we experienced, I couldn’t wait! That’s going to be a special moment!
Thank you! How did the scan go for you? Since it's so early I am afraid of not being able to see anything.

I thought the same thing- especially since I found out they only did the abdominal ultrasounds and not the wand. I was nervous we couldn’t see anything. But as soon as she put the device on me, there she was! Little sac with some little blob with a flickering little heartbeat! I read a ton of stories where women could not see the heartbeat until closer to 7 or 7.5 weeks so remember that too! But you should still be able to see something!

Congratulations Jill that is so exciting!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Hi girls!!

I can't believe it's been a week since I posted. I did read the boards to see how things went with Dream's scan. So excited things are looking great :D

Jill, congrats! Hope your scan goes well too, keep us posted :)

Our little girl is 8 days old! She's such a snuggle-queen and we're so incredibly in love. Can't even begin to describe how it feels to hold her close.

About birth; we went to the hospital Monday afternoon, got the Cervadil placed for 12 hours to prep the cervix and maybe start some contractions. You can imagine we didn't get much sleep that night, and I kept checking the monitor to see if I had any contractions that I somehow magically couldn't feel (wishful thinking lol).

I did get a few, but they weren't that strong or consistent. After 12 hours (Tuesday morning) they checked me again and I made zero progress, ugh. They prep me to get the Pitocin in and I start contracting regularly right away. I used the birthing ball from 7 to 12 to deal with the contractions, every other position was just uncomfortable.

Got the epidural after that. My midwife was on call that day and she broke my water when I was 4 cm I think. The epi was amazing, didn't feel a thing and it was so fun to watch those contractions on the monitor and not having to breathe through them :D

After a while though, I noticed some spots on my right side where I could feel stuff again. They upped the dose and it went away, but it kept coming back after an hour or so. I decided to wait and see what would happen if we did not up the dose. Well, that lead to me feeling everything on my right side, ouch.

They called the anesthesiologist team back in and replaced my old epidural with a new one. They must have missed a spot. At that time I was around 7-8 cm but the baby seemed to have turned sunny-side-up and wasn't doing anything to help move things along.

After many more hours of upping the pitocin and trying different positions (side, belly, other side... there's only so much you can do with an epidural lol) we had to talk about the option of getting a c-section. We agreed that if things didn't change by 10 pm, I would be scheduled for a c-section at 11. The epidural was starting to do the same weird stuff on my right side again so that pretty shitty too.

Then at final check, just before signing the consent forms for the c-section, the baby had turned! Things were moving along and I was at 10 cm in just a couple of minutes.

It was weird to push without really feeling what you're doing (except for some of that right-side pain) but I was determined to get the baby out before midnight because being born on 12-18-18 is so much cooler than being born on 12-19-18 lol. And after about an hour of pushing, she was out!

Best moment of my life!

A week postpartum and things are slowly getting back to normal (well, without the getting any sleep part lol). All the physical discomfort is pretty much gone, and I'm just 5 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight, didn't expect any of it going this fast.

Okay girls, someone is waking up :D Here are some pics.

Last edited:
Thank you tbfromlv I will keep that in mind! Thank you so much for your input.

Thank you Amber.

Thank you Sunny! Your daughter is beautiful, I am so happy for you.

Sunny- she’s absolutely adorable!!
And what a whirlwind during labor. But that’s what they say right, that your labor never goes as planned! I’m so glad that you didn’t end up needing a c-section but of course if it had been necessary then so be it! I laughed at the birthdate thing. I am totally the same way! How’s BF going?

Congrats mama! What a wonderful gift after everything you’ve been through.

Lol realizing I called Sunny Amber in my last post bahahaha can I blame pregnancy brain yet?!

Happy 8 weeks dream! I loved baby turning into an m&m!

I had my tour and consultation at the birthing center. My insurance covers none of it so it will be between $500-$1000 more than the hospital but also covers baby’s newborn tests/checkups through the 4th week and my postpartum appointments through 8 weeks. I don’t know what to do. I’d much rather go to the birthing center, but if I had to be transferred then I’d pay BOTH. I don’t have a ton of time to decide either. Blahhhhh

Sunny- your daughter is absolutely beautiful!! Glad you didn't end up needing a c-section! Hope your family is settling in well. The first few weeks and months are so lovely but such an adjustment. It goes by so fast! I hardly remember the first few weeks home!

Lol Dream! You can totally blame pregnancy brain. And I've learned that it continues after delivery. I just say my son stole some of my brain cells. Haha!

Tb- I was in a similar position and early on decided to go with the hospital because insurance covered most of it. I was at least able to see the midwives which I preferred over an OB. When it came down to it I didn't have a choice due to needing a c-section! The OB who delivered my son was absolutely lovely though. I really would have liked to have used a birth center instead if I had the option. It's such a hard decision!

Last edited:
Ohhhh Sunny!!! She is absolutely beautiful.

So I’m freaking out this morning as I’m driving to work ladies.... do y’all see the line? First was taken 9do and today with FMU I got this. I am running late this morning cause I just kept staring at it. It can’t be real. Please be real.

43DE2901-748E-4129-955C-67EAE0548C9C.jpeg A28CF1F1-0B76-4559-B4B2-EC81A69EF284.jpeg

Thank you, Jill! I am sitting here at work trying not to lose my mind. I plan on running to the dollar store in just a little while and pick up a few test. I am so nervous. What is crazy is we just redid the kids game room to an adult game room... It was suppose to be the baby's room one day. How funny would it be that this happens now? My hubby will decide to add on to the house instead of losing his game room. :) I am just babbling trying to distract my mind. Sorry guys!

Thank you, Jill! I am sitting here at work trying not to lose my mind. I plan on running to the dollar store in just a little while and pick up a few test. I am so nervous. What is crazy is we just redid the kids game room to an adult game room... It was suppose to be the baby's room one day. How funny would it be that this happens now? My hubby will decide to add on to the house instead of losing his game room. :) I am just babbling trying to distract my mind. Sorry guys!
Oh my god! That would be hilarious. I feel like it always happens when you least expect it. I see a developing line in the second one as well. :)

Period is due on Monday so 3 days. Is this to early? Should I get my hopes up?

Just a quick one... Omg I totally see that Sarah!!! A positive test is never too early and getting a line early on is one if the best predictors of a healthy pregnancy. Keep testing but I think this is it!!

Ohh Sunny I was waiting for you to reply!!! You are so wise when it comes to this and if needed talked off the edge you would do it! So is it to early to go buy these cute little booties and give to the hubs tonight? I haven't said anything to him and it is KILLLING ME!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->