TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so exciting TB!!! Congrats mama!!!

Left the house at 9pm, stopped for gas and a 40 min drive to the hospital and she was in your arms by 957pm! Wow that's incredible, I'm glad it was quick for you and that you guys made it on time. Can't wait to hear more about how you're doing with baby girl when you get some time.

15 weeks on the day of love, can't stop smiling. We're going to social media announce today.

Yay for 15 weeks and announcing today Dream!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone :)

Absolutely adorable TB! She is indeed perfect.

My DH brought me home a Cinnamon Roll last night in honour of Rick's sizer. lol

She's gorgeous!! What a cutie :D

How are you feeling? Is baby C sleeping alright?

Oh that sounds delicious dream lol that’s fun!

I’m feeling good. Still sore down there lol but I mean considering the reason... :haha: Baby is doing great. She sleeps A LOT but feeds a lot too lol BF is going well but only thanks to the nipple shield. She was taking one side but not the other (I guess it was slightly more inverted?) so they gave me the shield for that side, but now she won’t take the other side without the shield. She does amazing with it though, just kind of inconvenient! I had an appointment with a Lactation consultant scheduled for today but it decided to snow a lot and like I said we live 40 min from the hospital so I rescheduled. Hopefully next week they can help me a bit with that. Otherwise we are all as happy as can be. 3 am feedings are hard lol but.. I get over it! And DH is the best daddy ever. He’s so over the moon! We just look at her all the time like “wow. We made this beautiful little being. She is OURS!”

She's so beautiful Tb! <3 Just perfect!

The nipple shield is kind of a pain but also a life saver! I used one for quite a while. I hope you are able to see the lactation consultant soon! That was very helpful for me as well :)

So happy to hear things are going well Tb! My DH is exactly the same, and we have that same "omg how in the world did we create this perfect little girl" -convo every day lol :D It's just amazing, isn't it? I absolutely love just watching those two interact, makes me fall in love with my husband all over again <3

Hey girls. So we've decided we're going with the OB, no more midwives. No definitive good reason except that I just get really awesome vibes from my OB, I really like her and I think that's important.

Next OB appt is not too far away and will be March 5th at 17w4d

I was born with a murmur and a small hole in my heart so my OB has ordered me a fetal echo to check on Rick's heart with a pediatric cardiologist at the hospital where I'm going to be delivering. That's booked for March 7th (DH's bday) I'll be 18 weeks. Is it bad that I'm actually excited for it? I'm confident little Ricky will be just fine so I'm just looking at it as an extra ultrasound. Especially since our anatomy scan isn't until 21 weeks.

How's everyone else doing?!

Dream- I totally know what you mean about being excited for another chance to see your little guy. We had a fetal echocardiogram around 28 weeks. I remember seeing him hiccuping and realizing that was what those strange repetitive movements I had been feeling were. It's amazing that they can do an echocardiogram on such a small heart!

How many ultrasounds do you typically get in Canada? I bet little Rick will do just great! Have you felt anything yet? I started feeling bubblegum-pops-like- movements in week 17 :D

Amber, ahh hiccups. My girl had hiccups 4-5 times a day in utero! She still hiccups a lot lol.

AFM, doing well. Baby girl slept through the night the other day. Fingers crossed it stays that way :D

It seems to vary. I've had 2 so far (dating and NT) but I've heard many other Canadian women say they never got a dating scan. Then there's the anatomy, and if there's no cause for concern that's pretty much it till then end. So i'm very happy to have this extra little peak. Also okay with the fact that my anatomy scan isn't until 21 weeks, which I initially thought was really late but now I'm liking that the scans are a bit more spread out.

We may do a 3D/4D private scan somewhere during the 3rd trimester just for the memories.

I haven't felt any movements yet, I think but I'm sure they're coming soon.

Sleeping through the night! That's wonderful! Really hope it's a trend for you guys. I slept through the night at 4 weeks my mom tells me. I wonder if Rick will be so kind to me. lol

Happy french fry week Dream! Was your DH an easy baby too? We both weren't lol. The first few weeks were pretty hard as our girl preferred to stay awake during the day, fighting everything nap-related. Biggest game changer for us was a book called Happiest Baby on the Block. It was like night and day once we implemented a couple of those things from the book. Hope you don't need it though ;)

Sorry I’ve been MIA. Dream I cannot believe you’re in you 17th week!! Eek! That’s the week I started feeling true kicks. Only if very still and laying on my back lol but still! I also had a posterior placenta so there’s that!

Sunny I was considering getting that book! We had a rough firstfew weeks with the day night confusion! Since Friday though, things have been much better. She’s also very gassy and difficult to burp. So after being up for 45 minutes feeding in the middle of the night, it can take an additional 45 minutes to burp her! If she doesn’t burp, you can guarantee she will get painful gas and be up later crying :( but we have been getting 4 hour stretches in the night finally. I also had to abandon the bassinet because she needed to sleep more inclined so we use the rock n play now. 80% of the time she’s a happy baby though lol ❤️

Ahhhw poor girl (and mommy/daddy who have a lot of patience in the middle of the night)! Have you tried gas drops? Hope the rock n play offers some relief.

Check if your library has the book, it's a really interesting read :)

I've heard really great things about that book. 4 hour stretches sound pretty good.

We had an OB appt this morning. All was well. Heard the heartbeat again (so reassuring as I haven't felt any movements quite yet.) 153bpm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->