TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

Sunny you brought tears to my eyes! I am just waiting until 9am to call the MD and see what he wants me to do. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. My boobs and nipples are killing me and I am already nauseous. I know they say having a second child symptoms can happen sooner. It has been almost 12 years since I was pregnant so who knows. Praying and crossing fingers that everything is okay.

Name will not be Rick but we'll probably be calling him that for the next little while at least. We don't plan to tell our family and friends the name until he's born. Right now we've shortlisted Luke, Trey, Cole and Miles.

The anatomy scan went well also last Thursday. The only thing on note was that his kidneys were borderline on the small side. OB said shes not terrible worried about it and suspects it will all even out. My next ultrasound won't be for a while though at 32 weeks.

Yayyyyy Sarah!!! Congrats! Those are fabulous lines. What amazing news for my Monday morning!! So happy for you. \\:D/

Congrats Sarah!!! That is absolutely wonderful news!! Yay!!

Dream- I figured not lol but I do love the shortlisted names! Can’t wait to hear what you guys decide on!

Md couldn't get me in today so I go at 10am tomorrow for lab work, then I am sure we will schedule my first prenatal appointment. Just praying and hoping everything stays okay.

With lines like that, I really believe everything will be just fine Sarah!! You have a tiny creature living inside you now that has already doubled your hCG levels at least a couple of times (otherwise the line wouldn't be so dark). Can you believe it? :D

Your chemical ended in January, right? I had a chemical in January last year as well. Then got my positive end of March too. Crazy! How did your DH react? Must have been so excited as well :)

Are you still taking progesterone?

Dream, glad your reveal party went great :D It's so fun to pick out names, isn't it? Although I have to say we were really happy we were having a girl because we found it much more difficult to pick out a boys name than a girls name haha. I'm sure his kidneys are just fine, otherwise the doc would have scheduled your ultrasound sooner :)

Last edited:
Good Morning Sunny. I had my chemical on New Year's Eve. I didn't start the progesterone. Md was suppose to call it in for when I do get a positive but he forgot. So I am guessing maybe I don't need it. I honestly can't believe it is happening. I was up at 4:30 this morning to use the restroom and then couldn't go back to sleep. So today will be a long day and probably will take a nap during lunch.

Hubby is being cautious. I think he is scared/worried. He knows how the chemical affected me and I think making sure I don't go back to that place. He is such a laid back guy and doesn't show that much emotion. He wasn't wanting a child as much as I did, he was kind of neutral with it. It didn't matter to him either way. I think he will get more excited when he hears the heartbeat and all that. Then of course he worries about how we will handle having a new baby.

I will be very happy to tell him today that it is official. I just need 10am to get here fast. :)

Good luck today Sarah! Although I don't think you even need it. Let us know how the appointment goes.

So had a positive urine test at MD but it was lighter than the ones I took. Took blood and said will call me tomorrow with results. If my HCG is low then I will go back Thursday for bloodwork again. Is it normal for the line to be lighter? I had already went to the bathroom a bunch of times this morning and drinking lots of water. Still nervous.

Line darkness can vary with soooooo many different factors. How much you drank, how much you peed, sensitivity of the test, time of day etc etc etc. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Hopefully they call you bright and early tomorrow morning!

Thank you for the reassurance Dream. I was getting worried about it. Even though the MD said I am just a Whiff pregnant, LOL. Like it just happened. :) I really hope they call bright and early but normally it is around 3 or 4.

He also did call in progesterone. I’m curious if any of you were on it.

I was on it and so was Tb. It just helps your body along a bit for the first few weeks :)

Did you also test at home? I second everything Dream said about line intensity. Can't wait to hear the results :D

I didn’t retest at home. I’m so nauseous that I’m just going with that.

I’m glad to know y’all were on it. I googled it and shouldn’t have. I was worried to take it last night but I did. I knew if he said to take it then it’s safe. Now I just wait for the call today. Praying it’s high and I don’t have to go back tomorrow. They are closed on Friday so it would be Monday before I get the results.

Progesterone is totally safe, no worries :) I just remembered that Dream was on it too, right? So we've pretty much all been on it lol.

Do you have a bit of an idea of when you ovulated? If so, you can check out betabase to get a sense of what a normal range looks like (spoiler alert, it varies a lot! ;))

I am thinking around March 12. I will check it out. :) I am so thankful to have you guys through this. You make me have a peace of mind for sure.

Yep I was on progesterone for a few of my monitored cycles too. I wasn't on it the cycle I actually got pregnant but certainly totally safe. I don't think there's such a thing as your progesterone being "too" high.

I'm going to The Baby Show with my mom and sister this weekend. Should be a fun time. I just wonna learn about all the new cool baby 'stuff' out there. I'm also interesting in learning about cloth diapering. Not sure if it's for me but I really don't know anything about it, so we'll see.

Ohh Dream a baby show sounds like so much fun. We have shows around here that have a lot of baby stuff that I always loved looking at. Can't wait to go and buy stuff now. Let me know what stuff you find at the baby show. :)

So RN just called and my HCG is 2754 and my progesterone is 15.4. She said that is fabulous, but still want me to come back in for blood work tomorrow to make sure they are doubling. :) It is a BEAUtiful day!

Yayyyyyyyy :D :D :D I'm so happy to hear those numbers Sarah!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->