TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

We had our fetal echo this morning. Rick's heart is perfectly healthy. Cardiologist said at this small she wouldn't be able to see a small hole if he had one like mine but from what she can see hes all good. Woohooo!!! I knew he would be.

We also saw his man parts today! Confirming the sneak peek results, its a BOY! DH and I are soooooooooooooooo happy. I legit skipped out of the hospital. The doc of course put a disclaimer on it that shes a heart doctor but it was very clear. He was 100% cooperative when she took a peak.

Our next bit of excitement will be at the anatomy scan on March 28th. We'll go to the hospital this day as well to pre-register.

Oh and we are obsessed with the service we received at the hospital. (I mean I had enough time to research where I wanted to deliver while TTC for nearly 2 years, right?) By far the most organized hospital either of us have ever been to. Registration process was seamless and painless. Super organized super helpful and welcoming staff. The cardiologist was amazing super friendly and knowledgeable. Just overall a really great experience and I'm happy and reassured in our choice to deliver there.

Dream that is great news about his heart!! And congrats on confirming BOY! we have a little pattern going in this group don’t we ? :)

I’m glad you are feeling comfortable with the hospital you chose. I feel like that and your doctor are important to like! How’s the bump coming along?

Afm- we started using gas drops and I started taking baby off the boob 8-12 min into a feed to burp her and she does SO much better! Minimal painful gas now. Just normal baby stuff. Also this week she’s been sleeping 6-7 hours a night! I think we have really started to figure out what was best for her. Also here’s my sleeping beauty.. always posing lol

3F9C625D-89D4-4B2B-89AE-09F2D5E82EB6.jpeg 01F5D4B5-251E-4728-AB54-3B58E86E240D.jpeg

Amazing news Dream! So glad your little boy is doing well. Can you believe you're almost at 50% already? In just a few months you'll be going to that hospital to deliver, wow :D

Tb, she is so incredibly cute!!! She must be feeling so much better with no more gas to bother her and keeping her up. What's your schedule like? Our girl goes to bed between 7-8pm and we wake her to feed when we go to bed between 10-11. On good days she's down until 6 am and I usually just get up around that time as well. On bad days she wakes up around 5 which throws off our schedule a bit because I'm still too tired to get up lol.

Last edited:
Dream- wonderful news! So glad you are happy with the hospital you have chosen!

Tb & Sunny- precious pictures!!

Here's a picture of my not so little anymore boy!

IMG_20190308_130541.jpg

All the babies are so stinking cute!!

I'm feeling Rick for sure today! I had a couple days last week where I thought I felt like a super gently scratching from the inside of my belly. Today its more like bubbles. I drank a green tea this morning (pre-pregnancy this was a daily) but i've cut back to 1 maybe 2 a week and it seems to have set Rick off lol. Lots of bubbles to the point where I know its for sure him now. So freaking cool. I can't focus on anything at work. I just told my boss listen I'm getting nothing done today cause this is amazing.

Those little movements are what I miss most about pregnancy! It's the best <3

Leon has his follow up echo and appointment with the cardiologist tomorrow. I'm nervous. I hope everything looks ok!

Hey Amber. Hoping everything goes well too! I'm sure he'll be just fine. <3

How did it go Amber?

Dream, amazing isn't it?! That's exactly what it felt like for me as well.

Update- On the echo today it showed his aorta has gotten bigger, but it could be something that goes away as he grows. We go in for a follow up echo in June. If it keeps enlarging he will need to be started on medication. I guess worse case scenario would be surgery but I'm trying to be optimistic that as he grows his aorta will be normal size in comparison to his body. Otherwise the cardiologist said his heart looks great and he has no symptoms so that is reassuring. It also can be genetic so she recommends that I and DH get checked to see if either one of us have it. Of course DH mentions that he was told at one point he had a heart murmur but never followed up on it... go figure!

I hope he's all cleared at his next follow-up, sounds like he will be!

"Of course DH mentions that he was told at one point he had a heart murmur but never followed up on it... go figure!" Gotta love the hubbies.

I'm glad Leon has no symptoms though, that's good.

Excited to hit the half way point this week. We're having an intimate gender reveal party next Friday night. (March 29) Just immediate families, our parents and siblings. We've known it's a boy since our echo March 7th but haven't told anyone. Our anatomy scan is March 28th and that's when they think we're finding out. heeehee. DH is a big sports guy, so I ordered one of those gender reveal baseballs online with the coloured powder inside. Should be a good time!

Amber- hope everything gets cleared for Leon in June. Sounds like things will be ok. :)

Baby girl has been going to sleep around 6:30, up around 9 for feeding and we go to bed right after and she usually sleeps until at least 3:30 but has been going until 5:30 and then we take another nap until 7:30/8:00. She’s been a great sleeper since putting her in the swaddle up sleeper and using the inclined rock n play instead of bassinet.

Dream I miss the feeling of baby kicks! (Except at the end when she would just karate chop my side and stay that way until I pushed her foot back in lol) thats the best!! And what a cute idea for the gender reveal. I watched gender reveal fails the other day and the guy hit his wife with the bat so.. stay away from him Lol

Thanks for the support ladies! I'm trying not to think about the what ifs too much, just focusing on him being healthy now!

Happy almost half way Dream! The gender reveal with the baseball sounds like so much fun!

Yay!!! So are you naming him Rick for real or do you have other names picked out?

Dream- So excited for you. Half way there!!!!

Amber- Will be praying for your sweet boy.

Sorry I have been quiet for a while. I was dealing with the loss and having a harder time then started counseling which has seemed to help. We haven't been really tracking anything and just DtD when we want to. I just log my period and that is it. Well, I was suppose to start on Friday and much to my she didn't show up, then she didn't show up yesterday either. I was having all the signs that she was coming so I didn't get my hopes at all. I went to the Dollar Tree last night and though I will just pick up 2 cheap test and check in the am. Both came back positive. I had one more that came with my ovulation test and took it hours later after drinking coffee and everything and it came back Positive!!! So I'll be calling the MD in the morning and hope he can fit me in for bloodwork and all that. :) I really pray this is it.

Dream- how fun!! Glad you had a good time with your family.

Sarah- thank you! And congratulations! Those are some fabulous lines!

Wowwww Sarah!!!!!!!!! :D I'm so happy for you. The lines are really, really strong. I had my first beta exactly a year ago today, so your due date will probably be around the same time as mine was (December 8th, born December 18th).

THIS IS IT!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"