• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

Sarah, Best things we had were:
-white noise machine
-video monitor- we used the infant optics DXR-8
-haakaa (watch a video on how to put on properly- makes a big difference!)
-gas drops
-boudreaux butt paste
-nose Frida
-love to dream swaddle up (around 2 months our little guy liked to be swaddled with arms up so this worked a lot better than any other swaddle and its zippered so really easy!)
Stroller/travel system- we got a baby trend as a gift but I'm not sure if there ar better options out there- signifcantly helped my mental health to get out for short walks when I was feeling up to it!

For breastfeeding-
-coconut oil was the most helpful for sore nipples, I just applied after every feeding.
-breast pads- I didn't have much leaking but it's a good idea to have some on hand just in case
-breastmilk storage bags for when you start pumping

I didn't use a snuza or owlet but I spent many sleepless nights just watching him sleep because I was so anxious, so in hindsight i think it would have been a good purchase!

Tb- congratulations on the new job! Cutting down on commute time will be so nice!!

Last edited:
Dream, just 10 days until your due date :| Unless you've already delivered lol. How are you doing? Any BH contractions?

Tb/Amber, how are solids going for you guys? Amber, is Leon getting a full 3 meals a day? I still struggle with getting baby girl to eat "enough" solids without constipating her. I offer water with meals but she doesn't drink much. She still nurses 6 times a day.

Also, how's your freezer stash of BM? Our freezer is getting way too full so I'm looking into donating some. Would be a shame to let it go to waste and I don't like the idea of wasting it all on a milk bath or something. Our local milk bank says that 3 oz provides 9 meals for NICU infants. Thinking of starting with 100 oz and see how we're doing in a couple of months and maybe donating the rest later on.

Oh and she started crawling last week! Mixed emotions; proud, yet sad that she's growing up so fast :D

Dream! We need updates!

Sunny- we haven’t started solids yet. She’s had so much gas issues that we really wanted to wait to hit 6 months. But I think we are going to try next weekend.

Also I did a terrible job pumping the last 6 months. I don’t even have 100oz frozen. And I start work tomorrow. I’ve been pumping like crazy the last week so hopefully that helps... I don’t know what I was thinking

Still pregnant. I'm ready for him to be out but at the same time I'm trying to just enjoy these last days of pregnancy. I'm just uncomfortable, trying by best not to complain because obviously we've prayed so long for this blessing but it's tough at times.

Good news is, I'm still sleeping really well. Only usually wake up twice to pee at night and now that I'm on mat leave I'm getting good naps in the day time lol.

It's starting to feel like he's running out of space in there. At my last OB appt last Friday 38w1d my cervix was checked, nothing much going on, still closed. It was a little disappointing to hear. If I don't go into labour my next appt is this Friday at 39w1d at which time my OB will likely schedule my induction since she doesn't want me to go past my due date.

Oh Dream is it okay to feel uncomfortable and say it. I know we worked really hard to get here but the last few weeks can be miserable and you just want to meet him so badly! :)

Thank you all for your suggestions. I added quite a few to my list, even the nose Frida... I am fine with the snot sucker and pimple popper and all that but the thought of the nose Frida freaks me out a little. My cousin says she is getting it for me and I will love it though!

We go to our follow up appointment on Monday, hopefully he acts right this time. Then my son and I leave for Orlando on Wednesday with a few of my family. We won't be doing all the theme parks, but get to explore some cool places. My second mom lives there so we will have a big time. It will be about a 12-13 hour drive, but looking forward to spending time with my family while doing it. My sis in law sells Younique makeup and is having a huge meeting there so we are a long for the ride. :) I know one day will be spent at the beach. My favorite place ever.

Sunny- so awesome that you have enough milk to donate, what a blessing to those NICU babies!

I try to do solids 3x/day, some meals he gobbles up and sometimes he throws it all on the floor! I'm still breastfeeding on demand as well. We waited until he was 6 months and then did baby led weaning so he eats pretty much whatever we eat. It's messy but he is so good at feeding himself now.

The best thing for constipation has been prunes! I blended some up with water to make a puree and gave him 1-2 tablespoons daily and that worked well in the beginning. Now he's drinking some water with meals so it hasn't been much of an issue anymore!

Tb- try not to worry too much about having a huge stash, I know easier said than done! I never had a huge freezer stash, maybe just 100 oz to start. What I pump at work just replaces what is used from the freezer. Occassionally I don't pump as much as he drinks so my stash is down to about 80 oz but that's still more than enough!

Dream- it's ok to not love every minute of being pregnant, the last couple weeks can be miserable! That's good that you are sleeping well. Rest up and baby will be here before you know it :)

Sarah- sounds like Orlando will be so much fun!! Hope you have a great time!

39w1d OB appt today. Cervix is still completely closed. She said she could t even get a finger in to do a sweep. I signed the induction papers. Hospital should call me in the next 24-48hrs to book my induction.

Dream‐ so exciting! When did you schedule your induction for?

Dream the dilation can change in no time. I was just a 1 the day before LO came. Are you effaced any? Hopefully he just comes on his own but still so exciting! Will you try to make it to 41 weeks otherwise or just ASAP?

I called the hospital today and apparently they never received my induction referral. It's a long weekend in Canada so I wont be able to speak to my doctors office until Tuesday So still no date scheduled for the induction. I'm so emotional. I feel like crying all day. I was just really looking forward to having and end date to focus on. Now I feel like I'm going to be pregnant and have heartburn forever. I just wonna hold my baby

Ahh Dream :hugs: You're so, so close! Maybe it was meant to be and you'll go into labor naturally before you even get your induction date set.

Dream- keeping my fingers crossed you go into labor in the next couple days!!

Spoke with my Doctor's office this morning. Apparently she re-faxed the forms to the hospital today. She said if I don't hear from the hospital by 2pm (2 hours from now) to give her a call back and she will call the hospital directly to try and book my appointment... just a whole lot of waiting right now.

I have my 40w appt tomorrow morning and my induction is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday (40+2 & 3). I think they're just gonna do the gel Saturday then send me home. Sunday we should get more action.

Congrats on making it to your due date :) Did your birth plan change now that you know you'll (probably) be induced?

I'm 1cm dialated!!! Woohoo. Lol so my OB was able to do a sweep this morning. She sent me over to the hospital, where I'm waiting now to do a NST to ensure everything is good to wait until Saturday to start the induction.

Any action yet? I'll be thinking about you this weekend! You got this mama :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"