TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

Dream I expect updates! A lot ! Haha I’ll be (Im)patiently waiting for news!

Hope you're loading up on newborn snuggles Dream :D Can't wait to hear how you and your little man are doing :)

Lol omg I love you guys. My sweet angel arrived Sunday Aug 11th at 4:44pm weighing 6lbs 14oz via vaginal birth So many details to fill you guys in on! (Labour and post partum). Its been a wild ride and not over yet. We are still in the hospital I'm discharged but baby is not. Currently watching him under lights to treat his jaundice Desperately hoping to be able to take him home tomorrow. Once we settle in I'll fill you guys in more. Hubs and I are exhausted but feeling so blessed at the same time. Our baby is a champ so FX and prayers up that we can go home very soon.

Congrats mama!!!!! So happy to hear you're doing well. Hope your little man's jaundice clears up soon so you get to go home. Can't wait to hear all the details :D

Congrats Dream!!! Praying both you and baby are at home and bonding together! Can't wait to see pictures!

AFM- We got back from Orlando on Sunday evening and my feet looked like Flinstone's feet. We were constantly going and I stayed hydrated but my poor feet couldn't keep up. Plus a 14 hour drive both ways didn't help. Monday I had a funeral and wasn't able to relax any, so I took one extra day off yesterday. I laid around and did nothing but keep my feet up and sleep. I finally have feet and ankles again. Back at work today with them up here as well. Baby is doing good and growing. I had my ultrasound last Monday and he is measuring 1lb and 8 ozs. He is still real low and hope he moves up soon. Hubby has seen him move and felt him so that was excited. He also finished painting the nursery while I was gone. We have to do some touch ups but other than that I can start decorating. :) Hope everyone else is having a good week!

Dream congratulations! Hope the baby's jaundice resolves quickly and you get to settle in at home soon! Looking forward to hearing all the details!

Sarah- I remember the feet swelling being quite uncomfortable! Glad you were able to take time off and are feeling better now! Isn't it the best when hubs can feel baby move too

Dream!! Ahh! So happy he’s here! I can’t wait to hear all about it. I hope the jaundice is a short lived problem and you get to take little dude home soon!

Sarah- I imagine the feet swelling is quite uncomfortable. I didn’t have a lot of that but I think part of the reason for that was I had a winter baby. The summer heat sure can’t help things!
Oh it’s the best when the hubby gets to feel baby too! I still miss feeling those little kicks!

Dream- How are you? How is baby? Been waiting for an update. Hope all is well!

Hope you'll update us soon Dream!!

Can't believe you're already 25 weeks Sarah! Isn't being pregnant just the best :D Yes, it has its rough moments but it's also the most magical experience ever.

Tb, how's the new school?

Omg I commend you guys for keeping up with the boards and updating once your babies were born. I just feel so busy all the time lol.

Luke is doing so well. We had our 2nd appt with the pediatrician on Monday and he's 7lbs 5oz. Gaining well past his birth weight.

We did his circumcision last week Wednesday. So dramatic. for us, not really him. He's healed up nicely now. They said 7-10 days.

My hubby went back to work yesterday and got in a really bad car accident. We are just so grateful he wasnt seriously injured. His car is completely totalled. Just add it to the list of things we gotta deal with right now.

When it rains it pours. My mom beat breast cancer 17 years ago. She found out the Friday I went into labour that it has come back. Shes going through all kinds of testing right now and will be having a mastectomy in October.

I cant believe my little baby is 2.5 weeks old already. We did his newborn shoot last Friday and we got some amazing shots. I'll share a few once I get the edited versions.

I've been pumping 3x a day. This gives me enough for bottles for nighttime feeds plus some to stash in the freezer. I've been breastfeeding during the day. Luke has a great latch and I've been blessed that breastfeeding has been a breeze for us so I feel bad for saying this but I'm kind of annoyed by the process. I know so many moms love the "bonding" time that comes with breastfeeding but I feel like we bond so much in other ways. I'm not even sure how to Express it, I'm just not loving breastfeeding. I'm going to stick with it though, my goal is 3 months. Especially with the news of my moms breast cancer back, they say that breastfeeding helps reduce your risk.

Hope you guys are all doing well! I'll try to do better at coming on more!

Ohhhh Dream so glad to see your update. Glad Luke is doing okay. I am so sorry to hear about your husbands car accident and your mom. I will keep her in my prayers. I can't wait to see pictures of Luke.

Dream so glad to hear from you! So sorry to hear about your husband and your mom! That is difficult!

I absolutely was similar with breastfeeding. Especially because it was SO often that she ate. I just loved her to pieces but was annoyed by the process too. BUT that did change. Now I just LOVE IT. So my advice is to stuck with it as long as you can. It gets better. So glad you have not had issues with the latching!

Nudging to see some pics Dream :D

Really thought I already left a comment, but I don't see it here so not sure what happened!! Anyway, so glad you're doing well and that Lucas (such a cute name!) is latching well. I felt exactly the same as you did about breastfeeding. It was just a chore, you can bond just as well giving baby a bottle... but I absolutely LOVE it now. It's one of the few moments we have together where she doesn't crawl, climb, do whatever, but is just quiet and it's just us. So sorry to hear about your mom and hubby :(

How's everyone else doing?

So going back to work has been pretty hard. Not just the fact that I couldn’t spend all day with Kaydence but the added stress of beginning of the school year stuff and add new district stuff with new curriculum stuff and new boss and team. It’s just been HARD. Things are getting better in that area but it may take some time! Its till so worth it that I can be home with Kaydence by 3:30 instead of 4:45/5!

Side note... I had some light pink spotting today only when wiping. I’m either getting my period back or getting pregnant lol I’m going with the first option

Hope you all are doing well!

Happy Monday! I have made it to the 3rd trimester!! I have my 3 hour glucose test tomorrow morning. I failed the 1 hour by 17 points.. UGH! I know it was because I had a lot of sweets the day before. We have finally decided on the name and have been working on the nursery. Once everything is finished I will post pictures. I am enjoying this pregnancy so much and don't want it to end. Mainly because I know this is the last one. :(

I hope everyone else is doing okay.

Dream- gosh you have been through a lot! Hope your husband and mom are doing ok! Breastfeeding is the hardest thing! I totally understand how you are feeling. I really had to tough it out the first 2 months or so and then it slowly got easier, and now here we are 1 year later!

Tb- sorry about going back to work. It is so hard! Hope you are adjusting best as you can!

Sarah- hope your glucose test goes well today!

Update for me- Just started my 2nd post-partum period and my cycle was 47 days long! I've never had a cycle that long, but I guess its normal to have irregular cycles while still breastfeeding. We are still undecided on when we will TTC again.

Sarah - I'm sure you'll past the next glucose test no problem. Good Luck!

Luke turned 4 weeks yesterday...we finally got our newborn pics back here are a couple for your viewing pleasure.

Luke77web.PNG Luke208web.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"