• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

Well said Nursepaige! I went from thinking that if I missed the pill for just one day, I'd get pregnant, to "OMG i will probably never get pregnant" in just a couple of months lol. Best of luck!!

Well said Nursepaige! I went from thinking that if I missed the pill for just one day, I'd get pregnant, to "OMG i will probably never get pregnant" in just a couple of months lol. Best of luck!!

I was the same! I spent 11 years afraid I would get pregnant accidentally if I missed a pill and now I haven't been able to get pregnant when I want to! How ironic!

Well if we spent the last couple of years worrying about accidentally getting pregnant and now worrying about not getting pregnant... I think it's pretty evident that we worry too much!!:laugh2::laugh2:

Glad to see you got your chart up!

Nursepaige- congratulations!!

SunnyBe- yes I definitely do worry too much! Haha

OMG Nursepaige!!! Congratulations!! How exciting!!!

Hey guys I ovulated on the 12th and around 4/5 days later I have had mild cramping? I took a Pgt today and it came out invalid. I am not due on until the 23rd . And have been trying for 2 years but calculating dates s
For 8 months!! I hope this is it although I won't. Get my hopes up! Good luck for all you ladies baby dust for everyone xx..

Hi babydust!

Did you try and take another test or are you going to wait until AF is due in 2 days? Very exciting!

@jmack: your chart looks amazing!

I'm still waiting to get a positive OPK. Last cycle i ovulated on CD21, so I guess I still have a couple days to go. Frustrating to wait so long though!

Hi babydust!

Did you try and take another test or are you going to wait until AF is due in 2 days? Very exciting!

@jmack: your chart looks amazing!

I'm still waiting to get a positive OPK. Last cycle i ovulated on CD21, so I guess I still have a couple days to go. Frustrating to wait so long though!

I felt like because it is invalid that I should wait as if it was a sign. I have e had spotting today ! Don't know if it's early af but who knows!! Will keep you updated!! Xx

Crossing my fingers for you babydust!! Keep us posted when you test again!

Thanks sunnybe! Looks like I O'd on CD11 so I think we timed it just right this month. This was the first time I've used preseed too so now I wait! Luckily with my short cycles I should be able to test in about 10 days!

Sunnybe- I hope you get your positive OPK soon! Trying anything different this month?

Any news yet babydust?

@jmack: it does look like excellent timing for you this month. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! I'm not doing anything different this month except for reading a bunch of scientific literature about LH surges and the like. It's a fascinating field of study for sure. I'm really worried that I had a anovulatory cycle last month (clear temperature spike but not a super positive OPK) and thinking that this month may be the same. There is still some time left this month so we'll just wait and see how it goes :)

Babydust- did you test yet??

Jmack- your chart is looking good. Fx'd this is your month!

SunnyBe- that sounds fascinating! Feel free to share any interesting facts or if you have links to articles I would be interested to read them!

Thanks Amber and Sunnybe!! ��

Now I enter the TWW! I am going to wait until a missed period to test this month! I hate getting a BFN.

Yes the OPK and LH surge is really interesting. Last month I got a full obvious positive but according to my chart it was the same day I ovulated. This month I got three days in a row of strong lines but never a full positive. On days 10, 11, and 12. But my temp chart shows I o'd day 11. I think I may have had diluted tests bc I was taking them in the late afternoon after drinking water all day. Who knows!

Any news yet babydust?

@jmack: it does look like excellent timing for you this month. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! I'm not doing anything different this month except for reading a bunch of scientific literature about LH surges and the like. It's a fascinating field of study for sure. I'm really worried that I had a anovulatory cycle last month (clear temperature spike but not a super positive OPK) and thinking that this month may be the same. There is still some time left this month so we'll just wait and see how it goes :)

Hey af came on the 21st but I came off today 23rd (the day which I'm usually due on) really weird though because it usually lasts around 5 days? I have had no cramps at all apart from just after ovulation? I read online that implantation bleeding can last 1-2 days? I will be testing in 2 days but not to get my hopes up as I'm just really hoping lol!! Xx

Babydust- did you test yet??

Jmack- your chart is looking good. Fx'd this is your month!

SunnyBe- that sounds fascinating! Feel free to share any interesting facts or if you have links to articles I would be interested to read them!

Hey af came on the 21st but I came off today 23rd (the day which I'm usually due on) really weird though because it usually lasts around 5 days? I have had no cramps at all apart from just after ovulation? I read online that implantation bleeding can last 1-2 days? I will be testing in 2 days but not to get my hopes up as I'm just really hoping lol!! Xx

Crossing my fingers for you babydust!! Keep us posted when you test again!

Thanks sunnybe! Looks like I O'd on CD11 so I think we timed it just right this month. This was the first time I've used preseed too so now I wait! Luckily with my short cycles I should be able to test in about 10 days!

Sunnybe- I hope you get your positive OPK soon! Trying anything different this month?

Babydust: while implantation bleeding can last several days, the bleeding usually is not heavy enough to (for example) use tampons. How heavy was it?

Amber: yes it sure is interesting! I work in a different medical field of research but do have access to all scientific literature, including ones about reproductive endocrinology etc. Some of the papers are open-access and can be read by anyone (like this one [click] that investigated the predictive value of the LH rise vs LH surge, several other hormones, CM and BBT on ovulation). If you ever find a paper you're interested in but can't get access the full study, send me a PM and I'll get you the PDF.

Some other things I've learned:
- LH surge values ranges from a 2.5 fold increase all the way up to a 15-fold rise
- About 43% of women have a sudden increase (spike) while 57% have a gradual increase that lasts 2-6 days (so jmack, your positive-ish OPK's seem very normal and there are plenty of records showing high LH a day after ovulation, in fact, one study shows that the LH surge lasted >3 days after confirmed ovulation in 60% of cycles!)
- BBT is not as reliable to confirm the day of ovulation as we think and does a horrible job trying to predict ovulation (lowest BBT does not predict ovulation well)
- Keeping track of your CM is, however, a great way to determine your fertile window.

Sunnybe- thank you SO much for your insight. That is super helpful. I really appreciate it! You are one helpful gal to have on a forum!!

My CM lines up pretty closely with day 11 ovulation. I noticed a sudden decrease in CM on day 12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"