TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

That was a fascinating article- thank you for sharing!

Babydust- did you test yet??

Jmack- your chart is looking good. Fx'd this is your month!

SunnyBe- that sounds fascinating! Feel free to share any interesting facts or if you have links to articles I would be interested to read them!

Hey af came on the 21st but I came off today 23rd (the day which I'm usually due on) really weird though because it usually lasts around 5 days? I have had no cramps at all apart from just after ovulation? I read online that implantation bleeding can last 1-2 days? I will be testing in 2 days but not to get my hopes up as I'm just really hoping lol!! Xx

Sounds like that could have been implantation bleeding! Looking forward to seeing your test!

Amber R

Thankyou! I took one this morning and was a BFN :( maybe next time around x

Babydust: while implantation bleeding can last several days, the bleeding usually is not heavy enough to (for example) use tampons. How heavy was it?

Amber: yes it sure is interesting! I work in a different medical field of research but do have access to all scientific literature, including ones about reproductive endocrinology etc. Some of the papers are open-access and can be read by anyone (like this one [click] that investigated the predictive value of the LH rise vs LH surge, several other hormones, CM and BBT on ovulation). If you ever find a paper you're interested in but can't get access the full study, send me a PM and I'll get you the PDF.

Some other things I've learned:
- LH surge values ranges from a 2.5 fold increase all the way up to a 15-fold rise
- About 43% of women have a sudden increase (spike) while 57% have a gradual increase that lasts 2-6 days (so jmack, your positive-ish OPK's seem very normal and there are plenty of records showing high LH a day after ovulation, in fact, one study shows that the LH surge lasted >3 days after confirmed ovulation in 60% of cycles!)
- BBT is not as reliable to confirm the day of ovulation as we think and does a horrible job trying to predict ovulation (lowest BBT does not predict ovulation well)
- Keeping track of your CM is, however, a great way to determine your fertile window.

It wasn't so heavy to be honest!! Had no cramping am gonna take a test tomorrow :)

Good luck Babydust! If dealing with hormones wasn't enough, we're also blessed with all this uncertainty every month, blegh!

Finally some color on my OPK this afternoon! I really hope it gets darker tomorrow as the test line is still less intense than the control band, but it's definitely a lot darker than the previous ones.

https://oi67.tinypic.com/2h3bxhd.jpg

Hi ladies sorry took me a while to catch upto all the posts.. last weekend was a friend's wedding so i had no way of posting... got my bfp this cycle!! Am super excited but still cautious coz i want it to stick before i get my hopes up.

Sorry if i get the names wrong on this post, but just wanted to say thanks Sunnybe for the article... Soooo helpful. And also confirms what my MF said, that bbt charting is great if you have 10 years of data or something but otherwise it's really not that reliable. And gl catching that egg!

babydust: any more updates?
jmack: this cycle def sounds very positive and have my fx'd for you... if the preseed works we know it's worth getting in the future!

Congrats Ragnhild!! Hoping you have a sticky little bean!

Congratulations Ragnhild, you did it!!!! :D :D Did you have any symptoms before you tested? You must have been so surprised!

OPK update: tested again yesterday evening and this afternoon and had clear positives. First time!

Hey guys. I'm currently ttc and have been doing so for just over half a year. I know this may be tmi but 2 days prior to my AF due date I started to bleed light pink for 2 days very light. My periods are usually heavy and painful... it is something along the lines as the same as babydust1234 but I haven't taken a pregnancy test yet because I have been running round like crazy!! My boyfriend is a lot older than me and we have been together for a year. I'm sorry to be a downer but my ex boyfriend (when I was 13) I got pregnant ( although i thought I did) I had 2 positive pg tests.. I choose not to go into it but it was forced and I didn't know if I was excited or scared :/.. a week or two later i tested again and VERY FAINT LINE.. I told my boyfriend at the time because I couldn't tell NOONE else or go to the doctors because of my situation. When I told him, he became very angry and beat me :( the boyfriend I am with now is so kind to me I am so happy. My mother died in 2015 and his dad passed a couple of years before so we understand eachother so well.. since the incident from when i was 13 I have craved a child so badly but was very cautious because of my age. Now it seems like it's taking ages! (No disrespect to the ltttc ❤❤❤)

Back to the story, I had cramping all the waay from ovulation to when my light period started early.. I will be taking a pg test tomorrow . And will keep u all updated

My emotions are everywhere,
I don't know if it's work,
My anxiety and stress,
Or just overthinking my situation so much.

Sometimes I sit and think to myself of course you aren't pregnant it's all in your head but then what explains the cramping from ovulation , early bleeding? By the way i can't help going to the toilet very regular. But not like any infection it's hard to explain .. any help and luck and advice will be much appreciated I'm so hoping this is the month good luck ladies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yay so excited for you Ragnhild!!

Babydust- keep us posted if you test again

Sunnybe- glad you got your clear first positive!!! Get that BD goin and fx for you love!

I had a super high temp this morning- higher than I've ever had a temp before. Not sure what it means!

Sunnybe- yay!!

Jmack- fx'd that's a good sign!!

Congratulations Ragnhild, you did it!!!! :D :D Did you have any symptoms before you tested? You must have been so surprised!

Thanks SunnyBe... same symptoms as usual AF even down to the timing and days that are to be expected. I think the only 2 things different were reflux and vivid dreams, but i've had those before with BFNs so i honestly didn't count on them. Gl hope you get in lots of bd in time :p

Yay so excited for you Ragnhild!!

Babydust- keep us posted if you test again

Sunnybe- glad you got your clear first positive!!! Get that BD goin and fx for you love!

I had a super high temp this morning- higher than I've ever had a temp before. Not sure what it means!

Going to test later will let u guys know. If no luck then will be trying in Feb x

Aahh yes, we did a lot of BD'ing the past couple of days. FX!

Hi Tct2000, welcome! It sounds like you had a very traumatic experience in your childhood and I hope you're feeling better with this potential pregnancy. Good luck with the pregnancy test!

@jmack: Still looking great there with your temps! Looks like you're at 8 DPO today. Are you waiting to test until AF is due or testing sooner?

@Amber: When do you usually ovulate?

@Ragnhild: Goes to show that it's really hard to tell if you should prepare yourself for AF or a BFP! Congrats again!

@Babydust: Let us know!!

Thanks SunnyBe! Hope you have timed it out perfectly this month!

Yep I think I am 8 DPO today. Another high temp this morning. Trying not to get my hopes up too much. I am planning to test on 13 DPO which is Jan 31st :)

Hey guys. I'm currently ttc and have been doing so for just over half a year. I know this may be tmi but 2 days prior to my AF due date I started to bleed light pink for 2 days very light. My periods are usually heavy and painful... it is something along the lines as the same as babydust1234 but I haven't taken a pregnancy test yet because I have been running round like crazy!! My boyfriend is a lot older than me and we have been together for a year. I'm sorry to be a downer but my ex boyfriend (when I was 13) I got pregnant ( although i thought I did) I had 2 positive pg tests.. I choose not to go into it but it was forced and I didn't know if I was excited or scared :/.. a week or two later i tested again and VERY FAINT LINE.. I told my boyfriend at the time because I couldn't tell NOONE else or go to the doctors because of my situation. When I told him, he became very angry and beat me :( the boyfriend I am with now is so kind to me I am so happy. My mother died in 2015 and his dad passed a couple of years before so we understand eachother so well.. since the incident from when i was 13 I have craved a child so badly but was very cautious because of my age. Now it seems like it's taking ages! (No disrespect to the ltttc ❤❤❤)

Back to the story, I had cramping all the waay from ovulation to when my light period started early.. I will be taking a pg test tomorrow . And will keep u all updated

My emotions are everywhere,
I don't know if it's work,
My anxiety and stress,
Or just overthinking my situation so much.

Sometimes I sit and think to myself of course you aren't pregnant it's all in your head but then what explains the cramping from ovulation , early bleeding? By the way i can't help going to the toilet very regular. But not like any infection it's hard to explain .. any help and luck and advice will be much appreciated I'm so hoping this is the month good luck ladies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So sorry that you had to go through that. It must have been very difficult.
Good luck testing! FX'd you get a BFP this cycle!!

Sunnybe- I'm not sure if I am even ovulating regularly since I came off BCPs but my cycles have been 30-32 days with very light AF. Hoping temping this month with show me if I ovulate! I am thinking of getting some OPKs as well in a couple months if I don't get a BFP before then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->