TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

Good luck Jmack, only 4 more days!!

Amber, temping is great to get some insight into your cycle. Hope we'll see a clear spike in your chart soon :) I was also worried if there were any sustained effects of the pill on my cycles (been on them for my whole adult life!) and it's just nice to get some reassurance, or see where there may be a problem.

I see that FF added cross hairs to my chart but I think they're off by a day, maybe even two compared to when I had ovulation pains. So I think I'm 2 DPO, not 3.

Thanks SunnyBe!! Based on your chart with your positive OPKs and your temp still being low one day past the crosshairs that definitely makes sense. Excited for you!!

Amber- looks like you had a big dip in your chart! I hope it spikes up and you can see a clear ovulation pattern soon!! OPKs are nice to help you time it out. Keep us posted!

I'm trying to be patient. My temps have gone way up and stayed there for the last three days so I've read that can be a good sign! FX!

Jmack and Sunnybe- both your charts are looking good!!
I hope I am able to see a clear pattern on my chart this cycle. I work night shift so with some of my temps being in the afternoon I think it throws things off a bit.

Thanks SunnyBe!! Based on your chart with your positive OPKs and your temp still being low one day past the crosshairs that definitely makes sense. Excited for you!!

Amber- looks like you had a big dip in your chart! I hope it spikes up and you can see a clear ovulation pattern soon!! OPKs are nice to help you time it out. Keep us posted!

I'm trying to be patient. My temps have gone way up and stayed there for the last three days so I've read that can be a good sign! FX!

So excited for you jmack!! Keep us posted yayyyyy

Sunnybe: agree with jmack about your cycle. I also maybe read in one of the other threads that you can tweak ff so it reflects these changes and makes better calculations next time.. Not sure but it must be on google if true.

Amber: as long as they are the same time each day it should still show the pattern. Testing first thing in the morning is just to be able to maintain regularity so you can adapt the guidelines to your lifestyle.

Fx for all you ladies!!!

My temp dropped today and I am soooooo bummed!

Ahh Jmack! I hope your temp rises again in the morning and this was just a fluke. Do you have any AF symptoms yet? If not, there is still hope. It may be an implantation dip you're seeing that can go below your cover line.

Day 10 still has great chances of success (implanting by day 12 or later is associated with a higher chance of miscarriages, see https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10362823)

@Amber; yes, measuring at a different time a day can make a big difference on your temps.

This is what I read about it (sorry, been busy reading today lol)
The time of day when the first morning temperature is monitored is an important masking effect. The so-called "weekend effect" is well recognized; that is, the phenomenon whereby waking temperatures are significantly higher on Saturday and Sunday than temperatures obtained on Friday or Monday. Evidence indicates this effect is largely a result of waking later on weekend mornings than on workdays. Evidence also indicates that waking earlier than usual will result in lower recorded waking temperatures. The reason for this variation in waking temperature is likely due to temperatures being recorded at different points in the circadian temperature rhythmic phase, with earlier waking times capturing temperatures closer to 24-hour minimums and later rising capturing temperatures in the upward curve of this rhythm. As a general rule, temperatures would be expected to increase approximately 0.18[degrees]F/0.1[degrees]C for every hour later a person wakes compared with typical waking times. A similar adjustment to a lower temperature might be expected when a person wakes an hour or more earlier than typical. Since minimum temperature normally occurs several hours prior to waking (between 03:00-06:00) and can demonstrate individual-to-individual variation, whether an individual wakes earlier or later relative to his or her individual nadir of daily body temperature can confound the results obtained.

An old study from the 80's also showed the effects of time on BBT among a group of nurses who were temping for fertility awareness purposes:
During one menstrual cycle, each of eleven volunteer student nurses at Northwick Park Hospital recorded their vaginal temperature on waking and noted the clock time. Waking times varied between 0530 hours and 1100 hours. Regression analysis revealed a highly significant linear relation between temperature and time of waking, with a slope of 0–086°C/hour (SE, 0–009°C/hr) in the postmenstrual (hypothermal) phase. A rounded adjustment factor of 0–1°C/hour is shown to improve the interpretability of basal body temperature (BBT) charts in a group of seven women regularly using natural family planning methods. The adjustment factor is simple to apply and only involves counting one square on a BBT chart for each hour that the waking time differs from normal.

It wouldn't be that hard if FF automatically made adjustments based on the time of day you measured. I hope their ovulation detection algorithm does take that into account.

I changed my detection algorithm to "research detector" and it moved the CH's up a day! Happy to see that worked :)

Thanks ragnhild! How are you doing so far?? So excited to hear about your progress!

Sunnybe- you're awesome. I hope it's a possibility. I don't feel AF symptoms but I don't normally anyway so it's hard to know. I am preparing myself to get it so I don't get disappointed!

Jmack- hope your temp goes back up tomorrow!

Sunnybe- interesting stuff! On my days off I temp in the morning when I wake up but when working I have to then temp in the afternoon after sleeping during the day so I'm sure that's partly why my temps are so rocky!

Thanks Amber! I took my temp today at 5:30am and at 6:30am and it had gone up exactly .2 degrees. That's frustrating if you can't get on a good schedule since you work nights! Hopefully you get enough of an average to get it figured out!

Fx jmack!! Thanks, but I've been posting in other threads that I have no symptoms and that worries me. Hahah I used to think tww is the worst but now I think everything about this process is just about waiting and hoping. Still hoping to see you all on this side of the waiting game very very soon!! Are you planning to hold off testing this cycle btw? And what dpo are you today?

Thanks sunny be, you are a wealth of information :)

And Amber, maybe try posting if there are any specific apps or tweaks that take the time difference into account? Like sunnybe said, there is research so it's a simple matter of adjusting the algorithm. Hope you can figure it out soon.

Ragnhild how far along are you now? Did you set up a dr. Appt? I'm sure everything will be fine!!

My temp went back up a little today but I feel like AF is coming so I'm feeling very sad and irritable today :(

Hi all!

I am 31 and went off birth control about 2 months ago now. Haven't had any luck yet but am ttc #1. I am currently only 2dpo so it is the TWW for me! Would love to buddy up with anyone else who is trying!
:hugs::hugs:
I am right here with you! I am 6dpo and in my TWW as well! I was on the marina iud for 5 years after my daughter... got it removed 2 months ago and have been TTC ever since... I feel like I'm going crazy!

Welcome Jennifer!! Hope this is the cycle for you to get your BFP!

Ragnhild how far along are you now? Did you set up a dr. Appt? I'm sure everything will be fine!!

My temp went back up a little today but I feel like AF is coming so I'm feeling very sad and irritable today :(

Sorry about that jmack :hugs: don't have experience with temping but I also had all af symptoms and you're not out until she shows!! Fx for you!

Welcome Jennifer... :dust: to you

Jmack: are you testing today? Your temp is still at or above cover line so it's not that bad, right? FX!!

Hi Jennifer, welcome! I'm 5DPO. The waiting sure does drive you crazy doesn't it!

Amber: Your CM signs point to O being close by! Have fun :D

Ragnhild: Don't forget to switch your status from TTC to Pregnant :D :D

My temps are all over the board! Haha I am feeling pretty frustrated this TWW. Based on my past two cycles, AF should be here either today or tomorrow. If she doesn't show up, I will test on Wednesday. But I have that feeling like she is coming. You know when every time you rush to the bathroom you expect to see her? It's that feeling so I'm not getting my hopes up.

I appreciate all the support it certainly makes the process a little easier to vent to you girls!

Also, I almost always sleep with my mouth open (so annoying), so I have been looking up today how that can affect your bbt so I'm trying not to put too much stock in my chart.

How are you feeling so far SunnyBe? Your chart is looking awesome!!

I know exactly how you're feeling jmack! Being nervous with each bathroom visit, uggh! Ragnhild is a great example though of this also being a possible sign of pregnancy, you never know. But yeah, I get that you don't want to get your hopes up either.

I think in order NOT to get my hopes up, I might start testing at DPO9 or something like that because if it's negative, it'll already somewhat prepare me for it. With each daily negative test, the chances of it actually being negative and not just too soon to show increase, and I think it'll help me to gradually accept that I'll have to get ready and try again next cycle. For me, waiting until AF is due and then seeing a negative would be much harder.

So far I haven't had a chance to test because my LP has been super short. I really hope it'll last >10 days this time!

Still keeping my FX for you!

Yeah that sounds like a great plan! What type of tests do you use when you start testing at 9 DPO?

Actually that feeling like AF is coming was stronger two days ago than it is today. Who knows! I think my temp dropped and I automatically thought AF was coming soon so maybe I was just paying more attention than usual.

My LP was 12 days last cycle so hopefully that was long enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->