TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

Sorry Urs- that is really frustrating. Have you been temping for long? I know a lot of factors can influence your temperature so may not be 100% accurate ya know? Keeping my FX for you!!

SunnyBe- are you using OPKs this month?

Welcome Ele!

Yes, I bought a couple of different batches of cheapo OPK's and will start testing again at CD10 or so. I didn't get a clear positive on my first cycle of TTC which I think was mostly due to me not understanding that I shouldn't be drinking gallons of water before testing. Second cycle went better although the test line was at best as visible as the control line. It was followed by a temperature spike though.

What about you? Do you start testing earlier because of your shorter follicular phase?

I never knew how impatient I was until starting this TTC journey!

Yes, I bought a couple of different batches of cheapo OPK's and will start testing again at CD10 or so. I didn't get a clear positive on my first cycle of TTC which I think was mostly due to me not understanding that I shouldn't be drinking gallons of water before testing. Second cycle went better although the test line was at best as visible as the control line. It was followed by a temperature spike though.

What about you? Do you start testing earlier because of your shorter follicular phase?

I never knew how impatient I was until starting this TTC journey!

Hey sunnybe... you probably know this but OPKs work best with afternoon urine. If you use the more expensive digital version however, some are designed for FMU so just check the instructions for each. Gl this cycle!

Thanks, yes I tested everyday at 2pm. Later on I decided I might as well test twice a day in case I had a super short surge I wasn't aware of. This cycle I'll just go back to testing once a day I think.

Good luck to all!

Any updates from those testing today? And how about all the recently off BCPs.. any changes?

Hi Ragnhild, nothing new to report here. Where are you in your cycle?

I started AF today pretty much as expected. I've had very light ones and this is more of a normal flow for me so maybe that means my cycles are getting back to normal!

I'm now on cycle day 8 and at least getting to have some fun doing the BD this week since it's my fertile week! Any other updates? Hope everyone is doing great and fx for some bfps!

Gonna try preseed one of these next couple nights for the first time!

I'm now on cycle day 8 and at least getting to have some fun doing the BD this week since it's my fertile week! Any other updates? Hope everyone is doing great and fx for some bfps!

Gonna try preseed one of these next couple nights for the first time!

Haha good to hear that jmack! Hope you get a BFP this cycle. keep us posted on the preseed experience.. lol and any tips on how exactly to use, if you dont mind ;). Ive heard some say its better to put it in before and others to use it like a normal lube but havent tried any myself so would be good to know!

CD11 over here. I really hope to get a clear positive OPK this month. I have a love/hate relationship with those darn things.

Yeah jmack, let us know about your preseed experience.

Good luck ladies!!

CD 5 for me!
Jmack- how do you add your ff chart to your signature??

CD11 over here. I really hope to get a clear positive OPK this month. I have a love/hate relationship with those darn things.

Yeah jmack, let us know about your preseed experience.

Good luck ladies!!

Sumnybe: do you have irregular cycles? I used digital opks this month and yes they cost a fortune compared to ic but for me the compromise compared to missing my dates wasnt worth it. I started testing recently and once im in tune with my cycle il switch to the ic. Hope you can catch the eggie this month!

@ Ragnhild: this is my third cycle since I stopped the pill, so I probably don't have enough data points yet to state if my cycles are irregular or not. So far, it looks like I have a short luteal phase though. I hope it's just left over hormones that'll be all washed away soon!

I'm a bit of a cheapskate so I'm not sure if I'll switch over to the digital OPK's just yet lol. I do temp religiously every morning at the same time which definitely helps.

How long have you been TTC? FX for a BFP soon!

Thanks for answering that sunnybe! Exactly, just go into fertility friend from your desktop and choose the Share tab and copy the link it gives you for your chart to be shared on a message board.

So we tried preseed once just to see how to use it as regular lube. My sister swears by it and all of her friends but they say to insert it first. I don't really want to do that every time so I think I'll just pick one time to do it when I'm really close to O.

Sunnybe- this is my 4th month off BC and I'm using the line OPKs or whatever you call them- not digital. I got my clear one day 11 last month. Started using them again this month yesterday and got no line yesterday or today. I'll keep you posted. I have a short Luteal phase as well. My sister o'd on day 13 of a 24 day cycle and got a BFP! Just some hope for us!

Keep us posted everyone! Lots of luck!

Hi everyone. We are ttc #1... second month really trying. I am currently 10dpo with af due tomorrow. I've been really keying into a lot of symptoms this month although I think I'm just concentrating too hard on it all. Just want it to be a bfp!!

Thanks SunnyBe!

Welcome Nursepaige!

Nursepaige when are you going to test? I will be so excited if you get a BFP!

I don't know when I should. I work nights, and I work the next three nights (including tonight).....I'm starting to think af is coming.
Now I'm just questioning if I can even get pregnant. Even though it's just round 2 of trying. I never thought it would be a question.

I don't know when I should. I work nights, and I work the next three nights (including tonight).....I'm starting to think af is coming.
Now I'm just questioning if I can even get pregnant. Even though it's just round 2 of trying. I never thought it would be a question.

Hang in there nursepaige... for some reason we all think we will be among the lucky ones who get it right the very first cycle even though statistically the chances are sooooo low. I actually don't personally know anyone who did, which is no surprise really. Even if it's not a struggle TTC still has its own natural waiting time. You are just getting started, better to focus on things you can control like learning about your cycle and pinpointing O. Hopefully you won't have to wait very long for that bfp :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->