TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

My temps are all over the board! Haha I am feeling pretty frustrated this TWW. Based on my past two cycles, AF should be here either today or tomorrow. If she doesn't show up, I will test on Wednesday. But I have that feeling like she is coming. You know when every time you rush to the bathroom you expect to see her? It's that feeling so I'm not getting my hopes up.

I appreciate all the support it certainly makes the process a little easier to vent to you girls!

Also, I almost always sleep with my mouth open (so annoying), so I have been looking up today how that can affect your bbt so I'm trying not to put too much stock in my chart.

How are you feeling so far SunnyBe? Your chart is looking awesome!!

Hey jmack.. i read that if you temp vaginally then sleeping with the mouth open doesn't make a difference. And every bathroom visit near af has always been full of dread so i really get what you mean. Fx you get your bfp soon!!!

Sunnybe: actually i would say your strategy is much better than mine, but i didn't have any ICs so i stuck to testing late. But i can really see that once you start with a low chance at 9dpo anyway, at least you're spared the soul crushing feeling i got with each bfn. Haha although i got so great at fooling my body that there were 3 cycles when i'm sure i caused AF to be late just coz i was wishing so much for a bfp... and then regretted it coz i threw my cycles off and had to wait longer the next month :wacko:
Hope you both get stable cycles and LPs soon!

I'll use one of the 70 internet cheapies I got off Ebay for a couple of bucks lol. That's another reason I want to start testing early... I have so many! I just hope I get to DPO9 before AF starts.

Jmack: Ragnhild is right about vaginal temping if you are a mouth breather, might be an option. Don't switch until you start a new cycle though, vaginal temps tend to be a lot higher than oral measurements.

Jennifer- welcome! Hope you get your BFP soon!

Sunnybe- yep, I had EWCM for the first time yesterday so hoping that means I will ovulate this cycle! Your temps are looking great!

Jmack- from what I've heard a LP of 10 -16 days is good!

I try and take my temps I forget some days and truly I don't understand them...
now 7 dpo I feel like most of the symptoms I thought I was having subsided a lot today... which makes me super disappointed! By breast still feel heavy but no more cramps... and my back aches are gone! Maybe this month is not my month...

Thanks Amber. FX your O day is coming up soon!!

Jmack, glad to see your temp getting back up. I really hope this is it :D

Jennifer, try taking your temperature every morning before you get up (even going to the bathroom or talking can have an effect on your temps so avoid doing that). Ideally, you'd measure every day at the same time. I set my alarm at 6 am, even during the weekends. I usually try to go back to sleep on days when I don't have to get up that early. Most of us temp orally and it's a pretty reliable way of doing it.

Two of the main sex hormones in play during your cycle are estrogen and progesterone. Estrogen is high during the follicular phase of your cycle (before ovulation) and progesterone spikes up after ovulation (beginning of your luteal phase). The spike in progesterone after ovulation coincides with a rise in temperature, and it stays up throughout the luteal phase. Most people assume that if they have a regular 28 day cycle, they ovulate around day 14. Measuring your temperature will let you know if that's really the case.

My last two cycles have been exactly 28 days, but because I take my temperature, I noticed that I didn't ovulate until much later in my cycle, which left me with a luteal phase of <10 days (which is bad). Let's see if this cycle is any different (Friday will be CD28, but only 9DPO... I really expect AF to show up before I even have a chance to take a pregnancy test).

So while temping doesn't tell you when you're going to ovulate, it's very helpful to make sure you did ovulate and when you did.

Thanks for the info SunnyBe... i read up on increasing LP long time back when i wasn't sure why i wasn't getting pg. of course most of my info is old and the diet changes take time, but this site should help: https://natural-fertility-info.com/luteal-phase-defect.html. Not saying you have teh defect but anything to increase our chances right?

Thanks Ragnhild! I'm taking prenatal vitamins this cycle which includes a lot of vitamins/minerals mentioned. Let's hope it helps :)

Thanks everyone for the crossed fingers and information on LPs.

I feel AF starting today so I am going to just start preparing for the next cycle!!

Sorry this wasn't your month jmack :( On the bright side, you might O again in just 10 or so days. FX this'll be your month!

I felt really crappy yesterday afternoon, light cramping, bloated feeling... I kinda expected AF to show. Feeling a lot better this morning and even had a slight temperature rise (almost to a fever-ish level though).

Thanks for all the info @Sunnybe

Ill start temping more precisely next cycle! I really hope this is my cycle now though!I have been having evert early pregame symptom in the books all besides spotting I didn't get any of that!

Im 9DPO today
-Horrible Head-Ache
- Ive been so moody I feel every bad for my husband
-Cramps
-Horrible back aches
- Very vivid dreams
- Heightened smell!
- Super nauseated especially on empty belly
on top of all this I am so tired all day its horrid!

I hope that these signs mean I get a BFP soon! I tested this morning on a EPT test and it was BFN! Maybe ill go buy a First Response do you think that will make a difference? I just want to know already!

FX Jennifer!! Sounds very promising!

SunnyBe- thanks for the support. Gearing up for the BD again next week so that's fun :)

Hoping your temp is a good sign and you're not sick!! Your chart looks great, I'm sending you lots of good vibes love!

Sorry about that jmack.. praying you have that bfp soon!!

jennifer... your symptoms sound good fx! and there is a thread in one of these forums comparing different test brands with dpo and result accuracy... we dont get FRER here so i dont know personally.

sunnybe: i actually was feverish last month around 6-8dpo (the days could be wrong) but i didn't pay much attention since any fever caused by dropping immunity is supposed to occur sooner... Sttiillll this could be a good sign and keeping my fx for you!!!

Thanks ladies! I don't feel like this is gonna be it this month, but I'd just really like a LP of 10 or more days so I could just try and test for once ;)

Good luck Jennifer! What was the sensitivity of the test you used today? It might just be not sensitive enough to pick anything up at only 9DPO. It's really early so I wouldn't be surprised you get your BFP when you test again in a few days.

Thanks ladies! I don't feel like this is gonna be it this month, but I'd just really like a LP of 10 or more days so I could just try and test for once ;)

Good luck Jennifer! What was the sensitivity of the test you used today? It might just be not sensitive enough to pick anything up at only 9DPO. It's really early so I wouldn't be surprised you get your BFP when you test again in a few days.

not sure on the sensitivity I used a EPT today said 5 days before missed period... I went and bought a First Response and used that just now egar to know as I don't feel well! But of course BFN could be because it was not FMU I don't know... these first 2 weeks are so so hard!

I want my little bun in the oven so badly! I will probably test every morning from here on out till period arrives (lets cross fingers it don't)

Thank you all for all of your help!

Sorry about that jmack.. praying you have that bfp soon!!

jennifer... your symptoms sound good fx! and there is a thread in one of these forums comparing different test brands with dpo and result accuracy... we dont get FRER here so i dont know personally.

sunnybe: i actually was feverish last month around 6-8dpo (the days could be wrong) but i didn't pay much attention since any fever caused by dropping immunity is supposed to occur sooner... Sttiillll this could be a good sign and keeping my fx for you!!!

Thank you I will look for the forum! xoxo

Jennifer; according to this website https://www.fertilityplus.com/faq/hpt.html, the basic E.P.T is pretty sensitive (25 mIU). Have you tested again today? FX you get your BFP soon!

So this month I think we are going to relax a little and maybe try the SMEP! Have you guys heard about this or tried it?

I think since my cycles are short and I O early, we will start BD every other day after AF ends. And then when I get my first positive OPK we will BD every day for three days. Then skip one day and BD again. :)

SMEP sounds great! You'll be covering all your bases in case of an unexpected early O. We're unofficially doing it pretty much that way as well I guess :D

Thanks Sunnybe! I just want to relax a little since last time I felt like we needed to BD constantly and it seemed a little overkill.

How are you feeling? I hope your temp stays high and your LP continues!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->